Strangest Thing You Ever Seen At The Gym

Options

Replies

• gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    There's a lady at my gym that always works out in a dress. But she's super fit and runs marathons! I find it a little bit strange but she's doing better than me so I'm not gonna judge!

LOL. I've seriously thought about getting one of lululemon's run dresses. I'd work out in it allll the time! :bigsmile:
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I was in the locker room after my workout when an older woman, short and stout comes barging through totally naked and heads for the hand dryers which were mounted higher and she proceeds to dry her hair under them ... ok, not too wierd. I take a second look thinking she might have put on some clothes before drying her hair when I notice a giant kotex crammed between her legs sticking out beneath her butt crack. Ewww ... the image burned into my brain forever!
    I can't stop laughing!! Sorry you had to see that! :laugh:
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    There's a lady at the gym that talks and curses at the top of her lungs the entire time she is on the elliptical. My husband wants me to catch what she's saying but it's really hard to understand her. All you hear are scattered cuss words here and there.
  • GLJezebel
    GLJezebel Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    There's a guy who works out at our local YMCA wearing a kilt. It's made out of work material, sort of like what construction worker pants are made of. I think it's awesome.

http://www.utilikilts.com/company/products/kilts/workmans/

I would totally LOVE to see a guy working out in this!! Wonder if the dude is going commando....
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    I workout in running dresses/skirts all the time so maybe I'm the weirdo at the gym. Yikes!

I did see someone go flying off the back of a treadmill once. It looks just like it does in the movies. I was worried he was hurt but he flew up off the ground and out the door too fast to check. I think it was just his ego that was injured. I had a little chuckle once I realized he was okay.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    No it's not a running dress. She usually wears a t-shirt and a long mid calf length skirt. Someone pointed out it may be for religious reasons.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    There's a lady at my gym that always works out in a dress. But she's super fit and runs marathons! I find it a little bit strange but she's doing better than me so I'm not gonna judge!
    Is it a running dress? B/c I have a couple.

No it's not a running dress. She usually wears a t-shirt and a long mid calf length skirt. Someone pointed out it may be for religious reasons.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I don't currently belong to a gym and can't recall anything funny in the past - but this post has cracked me up!
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl who did this as well but she did this for religious reasons.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Me, I'm the strangest thing I saw in a gym....

I looked around, realised I was in a gym and thought to myself

Hmmmm well that's not something I ever thought I would see.

Better get used to it though I suppose...it's fun there.
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it's not super strange, but people texting while working out, half-assedly I might add. I was just thinking, wow, way to waste your time!

also wastes my time, I've had this happen at my gym and the person is usually using the equipment that I need to use. Stinks....

It's annoying, especially on the circuit thing. I don't care how slow anyone is going, or if they are reading a magazine or whatever, but if you are going to just *sit* and not move, please go sit on one of the handy benches or chairs up front, not on the machine others need to use. Ack.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    theres this one girl that has coregasims every time she lifts!!! either that or she is having a fit???

btw - i text while at the gym, but only while planking - gets pretty boring otherwise!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    This grey haired guy sitting in front of the mirror and his balls were hanging out!!...wait..what?
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    I find it funny when I see people working out and drinking a coffee.........but I've seen it alot so IT happens ??? :huh:
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    There's a guy who works out at our local YMCA wearing a kilt. It's made out of work material, sort of like what construction worker pants are made of. I think it's awesome.

I would never leave the gym if men worked out in kilts. I'd be the fittest person ever!
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The gym on my college campus is full of some golden moments.

There is this one guy who goes to the assisted pull up machine, then going into a handstand on the side rails and does tricep dips in a handstand. First time I saw it I was baffled. But not I think it's pretty cool.

I've seen people using the machines in weird ways, like standing on the seat. WHAT? But hey if it works, then all the power to ya.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it's not super strange, but people texting while working out, half-assedly I might add. I was just thinking, wow, way to waste your time!
    :laugh:
  • marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Sounds like a utili-kilt. http://www.utilikilts.com/ ?
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I think its less strange and more gross but I have an old man at mine that comes almost everyday and wears the same outfit. However, they look and smell like they have never been washed! The once white shirt is now pee yellow. He also grabs his junk all the time and stares art people. Ugh!
  • MandyJaneRose
    MandyJaneRose Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've never seen anything particularly weird... there's an older Asian woman at my gym who is there ALL THE TIME and wears neon purple pants and sunglasses and a bandana like Axl Rose on the treadmill, and she has a majorly hunched back so she's always leaning forward at a 45 degree angle while walking on the treadmill. That, and I can't help but laugh at the super serious guys who run sideways (crab stepping?) on the treadmill. I'm sure it's good for you, but you look like an idiot.

My boyfriend goes to a fancier gym with a pool, hot tub, steam rooms, etc, and he has seen a group of older (60-ish) guys jerking off in the steam room together. I dunno if that's strange or just incredibly rude and kinda gross... but I guess it really is fun to stay at the YYYYYYYYYYMCA.