Strangest Thing You Ever Seen At The Gym

Options
Topsking2010
Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
While walking on the treadmill at the gym tonight, I saw a man working out with his parrot on his shoulders. A staff person called the gym owner and the guy was asked to leave.

What is the strangest thing you ever seen at the gym?

Replies

• noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've never set foot in a gym. They seem really intimidating. If they were filled with people working out with their pets, parrots or other furry/scaled/feathered friends, I bet I'd have a membership and go all the time. :laugh:
  • mandimuscles
    mandimuscles Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it's not super strange, but people texting while working out, half-assedly I might add. I was just thinking, wow, way to waste your time!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    One time I saw this little old lady sit down at the bicep curl 'machine' and try to put her feet on the 'handles' .....
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    While walking on the treadmill at the gym tonight, I saw a man working out with his parrot on his shoulders. A staff person called the gym owner and the guy was asked to leave.

I think you've topped every body else who posts something :laugh:
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    this guy was hanging on the pull up station but he wasnt doing pull ups. He was like.... doing the worm... but hanging. I'm not sure what it was for.... but he does it pretty often when I see him at the gym... It is pretty strange.

ANyone have any idea what that could have been?
  • s12carney
    s12carney Posts: 11
    Options
    I guess it's not really IN the gym, but people work out and then they go out and light up a cigarette! I don't get it!!
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options

OK - that actually made me LOL... don't know that I can top that!!! :laugh:

The strangest thing I saw (and I saw it pretty routinely when I was in grad school) was one of my odd fellow classmates in jeans and a button down, just hanging for, like, an hour from the pull-up bar. I'll throw in the fact that he would routinely make a noise like he was deeply sucking snot down his throat (which, unfortunately, he also did in class!). Bleccchhh.

But I think a parrot on the shoulder takes the strange-cake...
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it's not super strange, but people texting while working out, half-assedly I might add. I was just thinking, wow, way to waste your time!

also wastes my time, I've had this happen at my gym and the person is usually using the equipment that I need to use. Stinks....
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    On the weekends at my gym, there's this girl that comes in, who rolls with her White Ducati bike. Funny thing is, when she's on the stationary bike or treadmill, she actually wears her white helmet while working out.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,120 Member
    Options
    The parrot outdoes the strangest I've seen. That's just bizarre!

There used to be a creepy guy who kinda looked like an overweight version of Jack Nicholson, complete with the crazy eyes and extra wide smile. He always seemed to be in the gym whenever I came in and he would still be there when I left... He would wander around and there never seemed to be a pattern to his exercises. At that point, I was bodysculpting so I hit the weights with purpose, did what needed to be done and left.

The only time he ever spoke to me, he asked if I could spot him for a bench press. I had just finished my set so I agreed. He flopped down on the bench. I moved into position to spot. He grabbed the bar but didn't even attempt to lift it. Instead, he dropped his hands and said "Never mind" and got up and went to the locker room. From that day forward, when I saw him at the gym, he pointedly avoided me.

Like I said, I lifted with purpose so it wasn't an issue... just bizarre...
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    On the weekends at my gym, there's this girl that comes in, who rolls with her White Ducati bike. Funny thing is, when she's on the stationary bike or treadmill, she actually wears her white helmet while working out.

LMAO....Need a pic of this one! :)
  • KBUnleashed
    KBUnleashed Posts: 44 Member
    Options

We have some hardcore spinners that wear their helmet when in the spin class too. A fellow Zumba girl told me that it's just in case they faint and fall off the bike, they won't get a head injury. Whatever works for them I guess.

A parrot on the shoulder is pretty weird!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,120 Member
    Options
    this guy was hanging on the pull up station but he wasnt doing pull ups. He was like.... doing the worm... but hanging. I'm not sure what it was for.... but he does it pretty often when I see him at the gym... It is pretty strange.

ANyone have any idea what that could have been?
    Might be inverted situps? Does it look like this... ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD5TMQEcn8M
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options

My shoulder is reserved for CHIPS!

There is an older Chinese lady that works out at my gym that doesn't wear a bra...of ANY kind. She's not exactly...uhhh....perky.
  • EvaJ20
    EvaJ20 Posts: 33
    Options

LOL! I needed that.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    The parrot outdoes the strangest I've seen. That's just bizarre!

There used to be a creepy guy who kinda looked like an overweight version of Jack Nicholson, complete with the crazy eyes and extra wide smile. He always seemed to be in the gym whenever I came in and he would still be there when I left... He would wander around and there never seemed to be a pattern to his exercises. At that point, I was bodysculpting so I hit the weights with purpose, did what needed to be done and left.

The only time he ever spoke to me, he asked if I could spot him for a bench press. I had just finished my set so I agreed. He flopped down on the bench. I moved into position to spot. He grabbed the bar but didn't even attempt to lift it. Instead, he dropped his hands and said "Never mind" and got up and went to the locker room. From that day forward, when I saw him at the gym, he pointedly avoided me.

Like I said, I lifted with purpose so it wasn't an issue... just bizarre...

How bizarre, how bizarre...
  • AllTehBeers
    Options

My shoulder is reserved for CHIPS!

There is an older Chinese lady that works out at my gym that doesn't wear a bra...of ANY kind. She's not exactly...uhhh....perky.

I totally don't get this at all. I don't go to the gym, but some of my older customers I guess just don't give a f***, and they're big girls too. I've even seen some just wearing wife beaters. :sick:
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    IMAG1325.jpg

i walked into the cardio room and see this chick sitting there on a bike/ peddler- and she looks at me real quick - i noticed she had snacks and a drink on the floor- she quicly picked them up and turned back around, the whole time im on the eliptical 20-30 minutes, i could see her in the relfection of the tv (cause i never turn it on) she would look at me evryonce and a while and turn back to watch tv, she never exercised, and when i left i snuck this picture. She just sat there on the bike and snacked and watched tv....really wierd.
  • rdfhunter
    rdfhunter Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A rather young lady poop her pants....
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    IMAG1325.jpg

i walked into the cardio room and see this chick sitting there on a bike/ peddler- and she looks at me real quick - i noticed she had snacks and a drink on the floor- she quicly picked them up and turned back around, the whole time im on the eliptical 20-30 minutes, i could see her in the relfection of the tv (cause i never turn it on) she would look at me evryonce and a while and turn back to watch tv, she never exercised, and when i left i snuck this picture. She just sat there on the bike and snacked and watched tv....really wierd.

Maybe her doctor told her she needed to go to the gym.