Strangest Thing You Ever Seen At The Gym

Options

Replies

• MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    IMAG1325.jpg

i walked into the cardio room and see this chick sitting there on a bike/ peddler- and she looks at me real quick - i noticed she had snacks and a drink on the floor- she quicly picked them up and turned back around, the whole time im on the eliptical 20-30 minutes, i could see her in the relfection of the tv (cause i never turn it on) she would look at me evryonce and a while and turn back to watch tv, she never exercised, and when i left i snuck this picture. She just sat there on the bike and snacked and watched tv....really wierd.

Maybe her doctor told her she needed to go to the gym.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Little smiley-face thing that I don't know how to put here]
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Lady walking on a treadmill backwards & dancing.

I was impressed she didn't fall off.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Dude at my gym who never brings a towel with him. Instead he stands over by the dressing area using the blow dryer from head to foot. And he's a hairy ape. So it takes forever. BLEH
  • KBUnleashed
    KBUnleashed Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    On the weekends at my gym, there's this girl that comes in, who rolls with her White Ducati bike. Funny thing is, when she's on the stationary bike or treadmill, she actually wears her white helmet while working out.

We have some hardcore spinners that wear their helmet when in the spin class too. A fellow Zumba girl told me that it's just in case they faint and fall off the bike, they won't get a head injury. Whatever works for them I guess.

A parrot on the shoulder is pretty weird!

Jeez, if you're working out that hard, you probably shouldn't be working out that hard. I hope that's not the primary reason they wear helmets while on the road.

I don't explain them but I have seen them. And, yes, there are multiple spinners who wear their helmets....

Maybe it's because the helmets match the shoes and the pants with the padding in them....
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    this guy was hanging on the pull up station but he wasnt doing pull ups. He was like.... doing the worm... but hanging. I'm not sure what it was for.... but he does it pretty often when I see him at the gym... It is pretty strange.

ANyone have any idea what that could have been?

butterfly push up i am assuming.... here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7_bJQT5_BU&feature=fvsr
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was in the locker room after my workout when an older woman, short and stout comes barging through totally naked and heads for the hand dryers which were mounted higher and she proceeds to dry her hair under them ... ok, not too wierd. I take a second look thinking she might have put on some clothes before drying her hair when I notice a giant kotex crammed between her legs sticking out beneath her butt crack. Ewww ... the image burned into my brain forever!
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I really haven't noticed anything other than some sorority girl who couldn't seem to grasp the correct direction you were supposed to be going on the track, and some dude who was loudly grunting "HHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!" while he ran.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    the other day i saw an older lady use the decline situp bench. she sprayed it down then took two loooooong strips of paper towels and laid it on top of the bench so she could very carefully sit on it. she then did 10 crunches and left. pretty sure she spent more time setting up than working out!
  • winninga
    winninga Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I guess it's not really IN the gym, but people work out and then they go out and light up a cigarette! I don't get it!!

Used to do this. You'd have to be a smoker to understand.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1. A guy reading sections of the Wall St. Journal in between his bench press sets

2. Another guy that walks around the entire weight area at top speed between his sets

3. A lady eating a large salad in the bathroom/changing area in the ladies room

4. A lady taking a shower.....not weird, right? Well......she was in that shower full steam when I first got there and was still in there 50 minutes later when I was done weight training......wtf

5. like a poster above said, curling in the squat rack LOL
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it's not super strange, but people texting while working out, half-assedly I might add. I was just thinking, wow, way to waste your time!

also wastes my time, I've had this happen at my gym and the person is usually using the equipment that I need to use. Stinks....

i've gotten to the point where i go up to the people and ask if i can jump in for a few sets. usually when they see the sweat pouring down my face they have no problem moving over and letting me go until i'm done. besides, from their point of view, they know their trying to waste time, so it's even better when someone else can occupy the machine they are "using"
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Probably not unusual, but weird running guy at the gym all the time....with Tourette's. Seriously. He wears his headphones and grimaces and grunts sings and lets out an occasional LOUD curse word. I'm not sure if he's just really into it or something is wrong.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    While walking on the treadmill at the gym tonight, I saw a man working out with his parrot on his shoulders. A staff person called the gym owner and the guy was asked to leave.

What is the strangest thing you ever seen at the gym?

was his name Co Co Beware! (someone will get it.)

OMG I remember him!!!!!!!
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Used to work as a gym monitor...
    1) Running in heels
    2) 2 people on one treadmill - that didn't last long ;)
    3) This guy, whi came in wearing what can only be discribed as tighty-whiteys and a wife beater, who proceeded to yell (a lot) while doing squats. He also had this crazy orange fro held back with a head band. We had to ask him to leave.

Helmet spinning? I've taught/been to a bunch of classes and have NEVER seen that. I WANT TO SEE! Take pics. So awesome. I always joke about keeping my helmet on for safety but that's it.

Love this thread.
  • winninga
    winninga Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A lady running on the treadmill in a bathing suit.

We had a whole family doing this tonight. Parents and about four of their kids in swimsuits and flip flops. I don't know if they got a day pass, and just planned on going swimming, then decided to check the rest of the place out, but everytime I passed them, I kept waiting for one of the kids to go flying off one of the machines. I make my nine-year-old daughter go to the kid zone before I get her for swimming. I know she's older than most of the kids there, but the rules state that you're not supposed to leave children under 10 unattended.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'll just say some things cannot be unseen and leave it at that.
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    There's a guy who works out at our local YMCA wearing a kilt. It's made out of work material, sort of like what construction worker pants are made of. I think it's awesome.

http://www.utilikilts.com/company/products/kilts/workmans/
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    If you can't find the strange person at the gym it's probably you.

It's me oogling the gorgeous men at the gym. :love:

No but really, I love watching the classes they offer when people follow WAY out of step. Or how the cleaning lady at the gym wears a ghost busters outfit/vaccuum on her back.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    On the weekends at my gym, there's this girl that comes in, who rolls with her White Ducati bike. Funny thing is, when she's on the stationary bike or treadmill, she actually wears her white helmet while working out.

OMG!! No way!! :laugh: