Strangest Thing You Ever Seen At The Gym

Options

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it's not super strange, but people texting while working out, half-assedly I might add. I was just thinking, wow, way to waste your time!

Ever think they might be texting/changing the song during rest between sets?

i think i know what she means....do 2 or 3 whatever...and keep texting, believe me 'your not changing songs every 3 seconds". i seen a guy do that he was on leg curls did 2 stopped text, did one, stopped text, and got up-went to the chest press did 3- stopped text for a minute then 4 and got up...and sat on another machine for a good while texting, thne got back on the leg curl did 2- text for a while-then left. i noticed because he was dirrectly in front of me---it was bizarre. i think thats what she means. he was there for like 10 minutes total, 2 was spent working out.:noway:
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I've never set foot in a gym. They seem really intimidating. If they were filled with people working out with their pets, parrots or other furry/scaled/feathered friends, I bet I'd have a membership and go all the time. :laugh:

I agree! :laugh:
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    I can't think of anything yet, but your story definitely tops anything that I've heard. I mean a parrot, really?? Really? Lol! ;-)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    There's a guy who works out at our local YMCA wearing a kilt. It's made out of work material, sort of like what construction worker pants are made of. I think it's awesome.
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    There's a girl that will be on the elipticals in front of the treadmills, and turn around and just STARE at the people on the treadmills. It's way awkward! She also likes to sing LOUDLY to the music on her ipod. lol!! :)
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess it's not super strange, but people texting while working out, half-assedly I might add. I was just thinking, wow, way to waste your time!

i think i know what she means....do 2 or 3 whatever...and keep texting, believe me 'your not changing songs every 3 seconds". i seen a guy do that he was on leg curls did 2 stopped text, did one, stopped text, and got up-went to the chest press did 3- stopped text for a minute then 4 and got up...and sat on another machine for a good while texting, thne got back on the leg curl did 2- text for a while-then left. i noticed because he was dirrectly in front of me---it was bizarre. i think thats what she means. he was there for like 10 minutes total, 2 was spent working out.:noway:

oh okay, THOSE people :laugh: i agree. i do text or change the song in between sets, but not while I'm working out. I'm there to work!
  • 35again
    35again Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The gym I used to go to had a regular there who I swear was an oompa loompa in the witness protection program. All he needed was to dye his hair & eyebrows orange. He wasn't a midget technically, more like just over 5 ft, but he had the perfect hair-do & face structure.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I've never set foot in a gym. They seem really intimidating. If they were filled with people working out with their pets, parrots or other furry/scaled/feathered friends, I bet I'd have a membership and go all the time. :laugh:

Me too :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • imchicbad
    Options

just out of curiousity, your profile picture....?? did you have a leg or back break thru from exercising?
  • robynta2zu
    robynta2zu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's probably a religious thing for her..the dresses. There are a couple of ladies at my gym who do the same, but I've never asked why. LOL
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    My gym membership gives me 2 options. One gym has a little more of a "hardcore" crowd, while the other doubles as a swimming club and doesn't have as of nice equipment. I had to stop going to the first place in the morning. There is an overweight guy that comes into the cardio room and just stands around, chatting up anyone who listens. He's a "close talker" and it's awkward as hell. I've never once seen him workout. He doesn't even get on the machines. He doesn't work there and is dressed in workout attire. Why bother? Isn't there better places to meet people if you're lonely? People get annoyed with him and put their headphones on mid sentence. :\ Kind of sad, but also strange.
  • imchicbad
    Options
    curling in the squat rack

?? WHAT!! lol
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

just out of curiousity, your profile picture....?? did you have a leg or back break thru from exercising?

break through? as in made my body look better? if so then yes, my legs are more toned, so is my *kitten* and less back fat. working on building more muscle and will cut later.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Theres a guy at our gym, he's there "working out" every time we are, he usually logs about 10 miles on the treadmill, its how he does it thats so funny though, he starts the treadmill, put his feet on the sides, backs off, then lets the treadmill just go while he watches it, when he's ready to stop, he gets back on, stops the treadmill, and then snaps a photo of the console. Its amazing! 10 miles and he doesnt even break a sweat!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I was at a small gym at the beach. They have 3 rowing machines. I Sat down at one of the end ones, assuming that my friend would join me on the middle one, and any stranger would take the other end one, because people are socially awkward creatures.

So I was jusss chillin', juss rowin', and then this guy comes over. Now straight off he doesn't look normal - he looked a bit like Andrew WK in the party hard video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg) - greasy greasy hair, weird outdated trainers, except he didn't have the cuts and he was wearing short shorts. Like, short short shorts. He sits right next to me, even though it's obvious my friend is walking over to join me.

So far you could just think, ok he didn't notice, he's just a regular smelly guy.

Then...it got a bit weird. For a bit he just slid back and forth on the rowing machine seat, not actually holding the thing. All the while with a kind of....er..."intense" look on his face.
    He then picked up the bar, and did really, really slow rows...pulling the bar right against his crotch. And I mean right against. While doing a kind of slow thrust towards it.
    With this really, really intense sexual look on his face. And his eyes close. And making kind of...sighs and moans real quiet. He would hold the bar against his crotch with his crotch pushed up off the seat for quite a long while.

Plus these machines are right right next to each other, and he was pretty oblivious to our looks of horror.

He just kept doing this for ages, me and my friend were texting each other talking about how creepy it was while we were rowing :L (leave us alone, we were 15, not exactly serious about working out, yes we were those *kitten* holes)

anyway we got creeped out and went to a different machine...and I swear to god he got up almost immediately and came over to the machine next to me :|
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    this guy was hanging on the pull up station but he wasnt doing pull ups. He was like.... doing the worm... but hanging. I'm not sure what it was for.... but he does it pretty often when I see him at the gym... It is pretty strange.

ANyone have any idea what that could have been?
    Might be inverted situps? Does it look like this... ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD5TMQEcn8M

Ha, I know what an inverted sit up is. Def not an inverted sit up... Not even close... For clarity.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io6zGgZILYc <that is what the worm is.... and he was not doing it upside down...
  • hannahchipmunk
    Options
    I guess it's more rude than it is strange, but there were some men saying inappropriate things about a lady that comes to the gym often. They were talking really loudly, too.
    But yah, the parrot, that's weird :)
  • heykaraoke
    heykaraoke Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    A lady running on the treadmill in a bathing suit.

saw a girl running on a treadmill barefoot. so gross.

I used to run barefoot on our home treadmill, until the day I somehow lost my footing and slid and the treadmill ripped my foot open. I still have a scar running several inches down my pinkie toe and the side of my foot. Seriously, that is just unsafe :/
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    There's a guy who works out at our local YMCA wearing a kilt. It's made out of work material, sort of like what construction worker pants are made of. I think it's awesome.

what, like high visibility? Or the kinda thick plain material?
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this is necessarily weird, just pretty funny. Was at the gym with a friend around 1:30AM (we work 2nd shift) for some late night strength training and at the end of our workout, we move to the ellipticals. Suddenly, a lady wearing pajamas walks in. Nbd, right? There are about 6-7 ellipticals all in a row, my friend and I are on two of them. Pajamas decides to come up to the elliptical right next to me, with only the three of us there. Not that I have a problem with this, but when there are 2-3 around us, why would you choose the one right next to me?! She gets on and starts bopping her head to the music, which is pretty normal for me so I don't think much of it... however, the shenanigans soon escalate to full fledged dancing (dalking, I think they named it) - arms flailing from her sides to her shoulders and all. I decide my time is up, in an effort to a.) not die from laughter and b.) not get smacked in the face from dancing PJs, and I proceed to the treadmill to finish my workout. When my friend and I are finally done, we go around and clean off the machines we used and we hear this yelping noise that sounded like a dog just burst into flames. Fortunately, it was just Pajamas singing at the top of her lungs.. you know, that 5 seconds of a song you haven't heard in a decade that you remember by heart and belt out, no matter who is around.