Looking Good For Christmas - week 8

Options
1235»

Replies

• datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I like your thinking! I have a similar goal to look good for Christmas and I hadn't thought of breaking it down like this...makes it all seem doable!! Good luck!

Welcome to the group and good luck with your goals!!! We weigh in every Wednesday. But you don't have to do Wed's, you can do another day if you prefer but we do it once a week.

Take care,
    Tammy
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well, dang it. I was doing so well until yesterday and I went on a binge of eating! So got on the scale this morning and wouldn't you know it, back up to 205!!! Ugggg what is wrong with me?????
    So I am back on the wagon this morning. Drinking my water and logging my food. I also found a Biggest Loser Season 2 work out for $3.99 this weekend. I am going to try it tonight. Since they change my hours I know have a full hour for lunch. I am going to go check out this place I used to go walk and see if it's still available and I think I will start spending my lunch hour walking instead of just sitting here on the computer. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Memaw
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm back from my long weekend for Grandma's birthday. I was quite pleased when I got on the scale and didn't gain this weekend. There wasn't a lot of working out, but I was able to control the eatting.
    My Grandma just turned 95! I'm doing this weight loss/healthy living journey because if I have this longevity in my gene's then I want to be healthy and enjoy it.
    At 95 she is both physically and mentally healthy, a real blessing.
    She has 6 children, 14 grandchildren, 27 great-grandchildren, and as of 2 months ago 1 great-great-grandson. That's a whole lot of family!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Well I went and saw my doctor and we are making some progress. My doctor took me off of my thyroid medication and put be on a new medication that I have to take 3 times a day (with food and plenty of water) :grumble: It is to remove insulin from my body/help my body absorb the necessary insulin, he believes that I may be insulin resistent causing me to be tired. He also said that I need to eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. No excuses now :laugh: He said that in combination with the medication and balanced diet/exercise that I should see a few pounds come off. :bigsmile:

Therefore I ate very good today. Instead of the usual friday night 2 slices of pizza and 2-3 pieces of cheese bread I had 1/2 slice of pizzza and 1 piece of cheese bread and some salad. This weekend will be a little difficult because I am going on a weekend vacation with my fiance. However I am going to bring some weights and pack some fruit for the fridge as snacks.

I also did a 2 mile walk at home dvd last night and tonight. I am not logging my food right now, as I am just trying to make more healthy choices as I get use to the new medication. My doctor said it is very possible that I will be sick to my stomach for a few days while my system adjusts. :grumble:

I hope that everyone is doing well!

I hope that you had a great weekend with your fiance'.
    How are you doing with your new meds? Any upset stomach? I hope not too bad, if so.
    That is great that you substituted some of your usual Friday meal for salad. I know it is not as good as the Pizza, but so much better for you in the long run. I know how hard it is to eat good foods for you, but I know you can do it.
    Have a fantastic week. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Glad that you're making progress with your doctor! You can do it! Bringing snacks on vacation is definitely a good idea. My boyfriend and I always have to do that, otherwise we're eating junk the whole time! Have fun!:flowerforyou:

Went on a 5k run this morning and will rest tomorrow in preparation for my 10k race on Monday! AHHH! Hope I don't embarrass myself, but what else is new!:laugh:

Oh and I finally bought some Truvia to try and kick this Splenda addiction!

How was your 10K yesterday?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm living in fear of Wednesday's weigh in. I was down the shore with the family over the weekend, and was not very healthy and did not keep track of my calories. My (lame) excuse for not doing so was that I didn't have a computer at the beach to log into MFP, but I know I should have written all the food down and logged it in when I got home, but I did not.
    I am REALLY hoping that if I exercise and I eat a little below my recommended caloric intake for today and tomorrow, that maybe I will at least maintain, and not gain anything for this week. Does this sound like a good plan?!?! HAHA, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. Hope you all had a good Labor Day weekend and didn't fall off the wagon like I did!!

We all have those weekends. I would not recommend eating under your calorie count. Just make sure that you exercise. It is so important to fuel your body. Don't stress too much over the scale. I know that we weigh in once a week, but every week will be different for everyone. If you are up a pound this week, just put it in high gear to eat better for this week and make sure to really push it with your exercise. Hang in there, you are doing an awesome job. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi there all ... I just got back from a weekend away ... family reunion ... what can I say ... 2 days in a car with no exercise and one day in between filled with lots and lots and lots of food with not too many healthy choices to be found. I did walk a lot and rode a peddle boat with my daughter for 1/2 hour so that killed a few calories. I haven't been near a scale at all so we'll see what the Wednesday weigh in says. Hopefully there won't be too much damage done. I hope you all had a nice long weekend. Talk to you soon.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Don't fret too much over the scale, we all have a week here and there that we do not do so good. Just remember today is a new day and eat better today and exercise. You are doing such an amazing job, keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Well, dang it. I was doing so well until yesterday and I went on a binge of eating! So got on the scale this morning and wouldn't you know it, back up to 205!!! Ugggg what is wrong with me?????
    So I am back on the wagon this morning. Drinking my water and logging my food. I also found a Biggest Loser Season 2 work out for $3.99 this weekend. I am going to try it tonight. Since they change my hours I know have a full hour for lunch. I am going to go check out this place I used to go walk and see if it's still available and I think I will start spending my lunch hour walking instead of just sitting here on the computer. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Memaw

I seriosly recommend you do not weigh yourself everyday, it will just bring you down and frustrate you to no end. Just do your weigh in once a week and you will not see your weight fluctuate. I did a little test over the weekend and Saturday I was down and Sunday I was up and Monday I was down. There is water weight to consider and other factors. Just weigh once a week so you do not see that fluctuation. It will make you feel so much better.
    Also remember that you can not change yesterday. Today is a new day and start with one meal at a time and go from there. That is fantastic that you are going to walk on your lunch that will help tremendously. You are doing an awesome job, keep up the great work.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm back from my long weekend for Grandma's birthday. I was quite pleased when I got on the scale and didn't gain this weekend. There wasn't a lot of working out, but I was able to control the eatting.
    My Grandma just turned 95! I'm doing this weight loss/healthy living journey because if I have this longevity in my gene's then I want to be healthy and enjoy it.
    At 95 she is both physically and mentally healthy, a real blessing.
    She has 6 children, 14 grandchildren, 27 great-grandchildren, and as of 2 months ago 1 great-great-grandson. That's a whole lot of family!

Wow, that is amazing. I am sure she has some great stories to tell.
    It sounds like you are doing good with your eating. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Okay here is my weigh in for Saturday
    Start Date July 15 186.0
    Week 1 July 22 186.0
    Week 2 July 29 186.0
    Week 3 August 5 186.0
    Week 4 August 12 186.0
    Week 5 August 19 181.2
    Week 6 August 26 179.2 (down 2 pounds)
    Week 7 September 5 178.0

At least I am now slowly lossing again. I feel great and am done with my first round of P90X. I will be doing Core Rhythms for a few weeks and then will start round 2 of P90X on October 5.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there my friends ... Hope all is well in your life. I know it's Tuesday but it feels like a Monday here at work ... everyone has long faces here today. I think it's because there's not much sun happening here in Niagara Ontario. Oh well ... I have a 1 hour massage scheduled for after work today and I'm really looking forward to it ... then I'm housesitting for a friend of mine ... by tomorrow things will be back to normal for me for a while ... I hope. So far today I've done well with my eating ... breakfast = quaker's weight control oatmeal and a Timmy's coffee with milk ... lunch = chicken wrap with lettuce & tomatoes with no dressing, raw baby carrots, raw cauliflower, and yogurt with berries. Of course I'm drinking oodles of water too. How is everyone else's day going so far ... write if you get a chance.

tuesday17.gif
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi there my friends ... Hope all is well in your life. I know it's Tuesday but it feels like a Monday here at work ... everyone has long faces here today. I think it's because there's not much sun happening here in Niagara Ontario. Oh well ... I have a 1 hour massage scheduled for after work today and I'm really looking forward to it ... then I'm housesitting for a friend of mine ... by tomorrow things will be back to normal for me for a while ... I hope. So far today I've done well with my eating ... breakfast = quaker's weight control oatmeal and a Timmy's coffee with milk ... lunch = chicken wrap with lettuce & tomatoes with no dressing, raw baby carrots, raw cauliflower, and yogurt with berries. Of course I'm drinking oodles of water too. How is everyone else's day going so far ... write if you get a chance.

Sounds like your food choices today are pretty good. Keep up the great work. Have a nice and relaxing time tonite. :bigsmile:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Well I did it!!! Ran my first 10k!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

It was amazing, so much better than I'd even anticipated! My boyfriend and I ran it together and we finished in 57:40, which made our goal of under an hour! What a rush!

Can't wait to do another one!

Hope you all have a great day!!!:heart:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options

It was amazing, so much better than I'd even anticipated! My boyfriend and I ran it together and we finished in 57:40, which made our goal of under an hour! What a rush!

Congratulations! That is so amazing!

It is wonderful that it was activity that you got to share together.

Take care,
    Tammy
  • Iffer75
    Options

That is awesome. Isn't it amazing how you feel after you accomplish something that you have worked so hard for? Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Maggie - enjoy your massage! You deserve it!:flowerforyou:

jjtonic - Great job!:drinker: 8 pounds in 7 weeks, that's fantastic!

memaw - Everyone has break downs (I should know:ohwell: ) but it sounds like your getting right back on track. A walk during the day will help you make better eating choices throughout the day too.

kdm - talk about motivation to live a healthy life. Happy and healthy at 95!

Goodnight ladies! :flowerforyou: