Replies

• lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    for me, a size 4.
  • Alinecita
    Alinecita Posts: 4
    Options
    Ladies, to me the perfect size is whatever you feel most comfortable in. Never let anyone tell you what the "perfect size" is. What makes you happiest and feel the best is Perfect for you!!

This made me smile!

In my opinion, I think a size 10 or 12 is good enough for me. I'm currently a size 12 and 5'9".
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    For me - it's a size 4. I'm a 6 currently and don't think of myself as "plus-sized". When I was wearing 10s and 12s, yes, but 6, no.
  • beautifulbeast11
    beautifulbeast11 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Size 6 may be plus size in the modeling world... I assume that's what they mean....
  • mckmom69
    mckmom69 Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm 5'4, and while most fitness charts would say I should weight around 115 or so (which is probably a size 2 or 4) I would be ubber ecstatic to be a 8 or 10. An 8 sounds so impossible, I can't even wrap my head around a 2 or 4.

I am now in a 16/18. :(
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    size 6 is not considered a plus size. That may be a plus size compared to a model sample size. When I was a size 6 I was 120s (I'm 5'6").

I think the average size is an 8/10 now. Yahoo is fake news anyway.

Perfect size for my frame is 135lbs. Size 8.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person's build and body type, I think. I am a size 8 right now and I'm happy with that. I think I'd rather be a size 6, but not enough to make any further diet or exercises changes to get there.

My daughter is extremely fit with a fairly low BF% for a woman and wears a size 6. She would not look good if she lost much more weight. My stepmother is a petite woman and wears a size 2 and doesn't look skinny at all.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think a 6 is only plus size in the model world...and honestly unless your a model who cares about that world right?

Size is subjective. I look my best at a 2-4. But I know women who look phenomenal in a 10-12. It all depends on a persons individual build.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I read something like that yesterday on yahoo.com, but I think the article was more focused on the modeling world instead of the real world. Models are twigs so I can see how a size 6 might be considered "overweight" to them. I agree with one of the other posters, who says the plus size starts at 14. The perfect size, to me, is the size you are happy and healthy with.
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    for my body i think my perfect size is size 0-2. im 5'1" with a small frame, this was the size i felt most comfortable in. any bigger i thought i looked meh..
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    The perfect size is the one that I feel comfortable in! Clothing manufacturers (well, at least their marketing depts) have taken any consistency out of clothes sizing as far as I can tell.. that's both over the long term and between manufacturers.

I am 5'6", almost 50, and currently 140 lbs. I'm pretty fit, but still have some "chub" around my waist. Some of my clothes are size 6 and some size 8. The LAST time in my life I wore a size 6, I was in my late 20s and around 120 lbs. Some people did tell me I looked too thin at that time…I'd probably agree looking back, but I was very fit and ate unbelievably well. So… you tell me what's up. I suppose by modeling standards, I am certainly a Plus size and since I wear size 6, wouldn't that make a size 6 a plus size… from that perspective?

By national standards, I'm well within my healthy BMI range, I have good endurance and strength (and still working on it). That doesn't sound so plus size to me!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    size 6 jeans! size 6 jeans!
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I carry all my weight in my bottom, no boobs. So my perfect size is a 4, then I look more proportioned instead of bottom heavy.
    I'm a 6/8 now, 8 more pounds to go!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    For me, I think size 10-12. I don't think too skinny, or too chubby, looks very attractive. I like a happy medium :)
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    6 is a plus size? What's wrong with people? :(
  • Alluring72
    Alluring72 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My personal goal size - one where the love handles are gone.... I had gotten down to an 8/10 and was so thrilled with my body, but a few years later I am back up - working to bring that down and tone my body at the same time. Once the handles are gone I'll be happy - whatever size that is.
  • aunverzagt
    aunverzagt Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree with a lot of the posts here. A-How can there be a one-size-fits-all perfect size? You have women of different heights, bone structures, and physiological needs. It has to be on an individual basis. I would say it's what your ideal size is, which will be different from someone else's. Right now, I wear a 20-22 (US size). So, that would fit on a small elephant (yes, I meant that to be a joke!!). I spoke with my doctor, and we talked about an ideal weight range instead of a size, based on my height, bone size, age, BMI, etc. And it was a weight RANGE. So, I don't have to worry about being reduced to "one perfect number". So my ideal size is whatever I'll wear while in that particular weight range.

Anyway, as far as my elephant comment goes, that goes to the comment made about a size 6 being seen somewhere as being plus sized. If a 6 is plus sized, then my clothes would fit an elephant! I'd like it if someone reminded me where that statement had been read, because that seems extreme. I realize that many in this country are overweight, or are becoming overweight. However, we do not need to promote anorexia as a solution to the problem. That's just me. Please feel free to disagree! :laugh:
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get into a size 16 but my real goal is to get into a size 12. The last time I was in a size 12 was 6th grade.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 170 and that puts me in a 8-10. I'm 210 now and wear a 14. I think I look like a crackhead when I'm under 165 so 170 is where I'm comfortable.

Everyone views themselves differently though. Everyone carries weight differently. Good luck and love yourself whatever size and shape you are :flowerforyou:
  • mollieprice331
    mollieprice331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. It's completely different for each person. Body types and all. Some people build muscle differently any others. As long as they look healthy I don't think it should matter what size they wear or what they weigh.