Women: What is the perfect size?

Options

Replies

• iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My goal size is an 8/9 stuck at a 12 currently. I have some crazy wide hips too though.
  • sylmar33
    sylmar33 Posts: 3
    Options
    I don't care the size of the clothing it is the fit that matters to me. I want clothing that can cover my curves.
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    A perfect size 8
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    The perfect size? I wouldn't say any clothing size is the perfect size but instead a certain body fat %. I could definitely see a size 6-8 being a plus size for some, and not for others.

I think everyone has their own perfect size. :) Mine would happen to be a size 2-3.
  • fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    For me and my body type a size 2 is perfect. However, I am small framed and 5 ft, 1 inch tall. I would consider someone much taller than me at that size to be too thin so it all depends on the person, their frame and height and what they feel best at. When I am a size two most people say I'm too thin but that's when I feel healthiest and I have much more self confidence. I think it's a personal decision for everyone.
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Women's clothing sizes are so confusing. I'm anywhere between an 8 and a 12 (I average around size 10) and I'm 5'9, 157lbs. I'm big boned so I can't get much smaller than that but I feel incredibly great in my clothes. No one would ever say I'm plus size. I have even had people ask me if I am a size 0.
  • joypeaceloveall
    Options
    I am a Misses 14 now and those are getting a little big. My goal is the single digits which I haven't seen in 2 decades but believe me I plan on getting there are staying there.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I personally don't think there is a perfect size. My goal weight is 160lbs, and I will probably still be, in most stores, a plus size. I don't mind that. I think as long as you feel healthy and you can do healthy activities without getting worn out, that's the spot to be at. It depends on the woman, the height of the woman, and the frame... There really is no perfect size for every person. I really don't care to be a size 6, and to call it plus size is ridiculous.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    There is no perfect size. Everyone has their own build. For me, I'm happy with a size 6. My good friend looks fabulous in a 10. Find clothes that flatter you and are comfortable. Cut out the tags!
  • sassybellex
    Options
    my perfect size is a 6-8. im currently a size 10.
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I was a size six in eighth grade at 125lbs and 5'9. I think I was too skinny then, before puberty hit and I was a late bloomer. I used to judge myself by magazines and other girls. I dieted. I took weightless pills. And exercised two three hours a day. All in my teens and never thought I was thin.
    Now being 43, my thyroids busted and two beautiful children later. I've stopped listening to what people think is the perfect size, shape, diet, etc. that to me is an achievement. I can run now. I control what I eat.
    The perfect size to me is the one that lets me run faster, eat better, and keep my kids active. Corny but true.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a perfect size. Believe so, and having the media/fashion industry push the idea on us, creates poor body image and unhealthy relationships with food.

A size 6 happens to be the size I think is ideal for me, because I think that that is what I'll be when I get to my goal weight and body fat make-up. But I can be healthy at sizes higher and lower than that I am sure, it is just the size I want to be.

And 6 should not be sold as a plus size. What a ridiculous notion. I am a size 8 with a BMI of 22 and 23%BF. It's called having wide set hip bones. No need to give poor women nervous breakdowns by calling them "plus" when they are clearly in healthy ranges. I don't really think anything needs to have a "plus" put after it. A size 24 is a size 24 whether or not you put other insulting labels around it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The size of clothing is irrelevant now days since the implementation of "Vanity Sizing". Go by the way your current clothing fits and how your body looks.
  • doublezerolove
    Options
    A size 6 sounds really average to me.. I don't get how it could be plus sized at all.
    I personally like my body best at a 00-0
  • Kaylee_Loren
    Kaylee_Loren Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MY perfect size would be about a 2/4. I wear a 6/8 now at 5'6, 150. I can & have gotten down to a 0, but I didn't like it. I want to be toned enough that my butt can only fit in a 2/4 :)
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't think that a 6 is plus sized. I also don't think there is a "perfect" size. If I were a 6 I would look horrible. I am 5'11 and large framed. I can't imagine ever being that small. I think it's different for every woman. Don't ever let anyone tell you what you should weigh. You know when you feel good about yourself and that's ALL that matters :)
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    MY perfect size is not the one I am right now.. lol. But in all seriousness, I would love to be back in 8-9. Back in the day when I WAS this size I thought I was fat..and I wasn't. So yeah, for me personally, 9.
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    UK size 12-14
    US size 8-10

I aim to be back to that size hopefully by christmas if I lose 2lb per week!

Anything bigger than these sizes is overweight but anything under is quite skinny and I dont want to be skinny, I want to be healthy!

Why people starve themselves and still call themselves fat is beyond me!!
    I know people who are a UK size 10 US size 6 and they think they are obese! Its so so sad to have such a warped body image of yourself.

What happened to being healthy not being overweight or underweight??????????
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The size of clothing is irrelevant now days since the implementation of "Vanity Sizing". Go by the way your current clothing fits and how your body looks.

Can't agree with you more!
  • russ1220
    russ1220 Posts: 58
    Options
    That's crazy! I think this is a individual question, to each it's own.

I personally think a size 6 is to small for me, but I know it isn't full size. I'm 5'8" and I think 150-160 is ideal for what I would like to weigh and toned. I don't think it is more so about size & I think it should be about being fit.

The media really just take things to another level!