"Serious" things you find funny or stupid

Options

Replies

• MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    This is really awful, and it's not even that I find it funny, but I have never been to a wake or funeral that I didn't somehow end up laughing so hard I had to excuse myself. Maybe it's because of grief or nerves or because I'm just about as awkward as people come.

There. I said it. I laugh at funerals.
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I find it funny when people trip, I laugh every time....I can't help it.

Me too
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I laugh when grammar and spelling Nazis freak the hell out, like the Internet will break if there are too many mistakes in a 24 hour period.

I mean...

I laugh when grammar and spelling Nazis freek the hell out, like the Internet will break if there are too many mistakes in a 24 hour period.

There. And not only will it break but the world will crash into the sun and we'll all die. You don't want that to happen, do you?

I wanna surf that scenario
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it stupid that people will add everyday things for calorie burning. For example:

150 calories burned while cooking dinner
    25 calories burned by washing hair
    32 calories used up while loading the dish washer

Ok, how many calories are we burning by breathing??

hehe... this. i get it if you're gardening for an hour and a half and it's freakin 500 degrees out but come on people. i don't log every time i sweep the floor. if i did that, i'd be logging the **** all day. i have a dog and can't stand dog hair... and he sheds.

The cooking dinner thing gets me every time
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    i think its funny how many women genuinely want to see this "Magic Mike" movie.
    Don't hate. Mathew McConaughey is a very attractive young woman.

Mathew McConaughey isn't why I want to see it.

Channing Tatum, mmm... yes please.

Mmmmmm
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    i think its funny how many women genuinely want to see this "Magic Mike" movie.
    Don't hate. Mathew McConaughey is a very attractive young woman.

When Channing Tatum hits puberty, he will a knock-out gorgeous lady.

Haters.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ok, this might be a longer story than OP expected, but here it goes:

In a public speaking class I took, we had to talk about a current issue in a country. A guy picked "X" country and their racism problem. (I don't remember the country.)
    So, he was talking about how there was an incident where an Indian student was beat up by locals, and they shouted racial slurs. No,w, that's not funny at all, but when he said it, he went: "As they shouted degrading racial slurs"... *DRAMATIC PAUSE WITH SCOWL*... "Slurs such as"..... *PAUSE*.... " 'Indian. Go back to India.' "

And he just said it so blandly that I couldn't help but laugh, just because he built it up so much, an all of us were expecting the worst. Later, my teacher asked me why I laughed, and when I explained to her that if someone told me: "Mexican. Go back to Mexico", I'd probably laugh as well, she just gave me a dirty look.
  • morgansmom02
    Options
    Personally, I think it stupid that people will add everyday things for calorie burning. For example:

hehe... this. i get it if you're gardening for an hour and a half and it's freakin 500 degrees out but come on people. i don't log every time i sweep the floor. if i did that, i'd be logging the **** all day. i have a dog and can't stand dog hair... and he sheds.

I log "peeing."

I am going to start logging this since I pee 100 times a day
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

I burned 1,315 calories doing 8 hours of "sleeping"
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

I log "peeing."

Lolz
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of things stupid... too many to list here because well I have a low tolerance for idiots.

Funny stupid things: I'll just pick a favorite for now.
    People that get all up in arms about how X book copied Y book. Only X book is a classic that has been around for years and Y book is just ok or kind of trash that just happens to be popular right now. This also works for movies, tv shows, video games etc etc.

Example I have heard: Apparently twilight copied Interview with a Vampire. Also heard that Harry Potter copied Lord of the Rings... that one I really don't get as I"m not even sure how they are really very similar.

I forget what book it was that copied the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe (said slightly after the movie came out... because the person was too dumb to know how old the book was.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I find almost everything amusing. People get their turd in a knot over the silliest things.
  • CDMAGS
    CDMAGS Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I laugh when grammar and spelling nazis freak the hell out, like the internet will break if there are too many mistakes in a 24 hour period.

I meant..

I laff when grammer an spelling natzis freek the hell out, like the internet will brake if their are two many mistakes in a 24 our period.
    Agreed. Side-note: "Nazis" and "Internet" are proper nouns. Carry on.

LOL
  • gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    "*burned 20 calories typing this* phew I need a break! eh if they want to log everything let them that might be what motivates them to keep moving to each their own! "

20 CALORIES BURNED JUST BY TYPING A SENTENCE. I NEED TO START TYPING MORE OFTEN! GREAT BURN :)
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I know it's wrong... and it's a different story when it's me...

But when I'm walking around NYC and hear couples having a full blown argument on the street.
    As a passerby all you hear are silly details out of context.

"I can believe you took my orange socks!"
    (You know the argument is not really about socks)
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options

When Channing Tatum hits puberty, he will a knock-out gorgeous lady.

Is someone jealous?
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My father recently injured his shoulder pretty seriously after slipping on a french fry. Now he's in a sling after his surgery. EVERY time he has tell the story, people immediately laugh and then get serious. It's kinda funny to watch their faces, cuz they think he's kidding. haha

just reading this made me LOL

SEE?!?! hahaha
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    People driving around with their gas tanks open
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    People who believe in transethnicity. Like...forreal?

Transethnicity is, in super-simple terms, the feeling that you are supposed to be a different race. It's supposed to be similar to a transgender person (a person who is born as a certain sex but identifies as the gender that is considered "opposite" to the gender that is assigned to their sex).

Example: I am African-American; but deep, DEEP down, I feel like I'm white. Therefore, I am transethnically Caucasian.

Yeah, I think it's totally invalid. Quite frankly, it almost makes you a racist. And how dare anyone try to compare transethnicity to transgender? How awful.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    People who believe in transethnicity. Like...forreal?

Transethnicity is, in super-simple terms, the feeling that you are supposed to be a different race. It's supposed to be similar to a transgender person (a person who is born as a certain sex but identifies as the gender that is considered "opposite" to the gender that is assigned to their sex).

Example: I am African-American; but deep, DEEP down, I feel like I'm white. Therefore, I am transethnically Caucasian.

Yeah, I think it's totally invalid. Quite frankly, it almost makes you a racist. And how dare anyone try to compare transethnicity to transgender? How awful.

Hahahaha !! Never heard of that before :D