How did you met your other half?

Options

Replies

• 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I was just remember how we met from another topic in another forum....

I first met Jen when she was 13 - a geeky little straight A girl with a smokin' hot body, and I was the baddest dude around.
    Also 13 by the way:bigsmile:
    Anyway, she hated me, my criminality and violent nature, but I loved her even though she was out of reach.
    And then something happened to break her resolve. I met her at a teen swimming party and caught her checking me out. :devil: GOTCHA!
    2 weeks later, she was MINE!
    I went out and bought a ring like any well intentioned guy in love.
    People laughed. Nobody took us very seriously.
    We were married, and my own father said to me as we were getting dressed for the wedding
    "I know your first wife. I wonder who the next will be"
    In other words, we were doomed to failure.
    That was 29 years ago. We've had 5 kids and wonderful life with challenges like any relationship.
    To me she is still that geeky girl I wanted so badly at age 13, and I love her today just as much.
    I am the least deserving of such a woman, and if there is really a God in heaven, I thank Him for blessing me so richly in this life.
    All Is Possible:heart:
    AWWWWWWWEEE! *grabs kleenex to wipe eyes*
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    He rented the house next door to mine and I just had to have him :tongue:
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I worked at a restaurant, and one of my managers was good friends with him.
    During one of my night shifts he came in, and he happened to be seated in my section. So I took care of him and another one of his friends (not my manager). At the end I gave his check, which my manager happened to sneak a scribble on the back with a "Have a great night" and my name with a heart around it. When I picked it up, his friend stole the check and wrote his cell number.

Lets just say we started texting thoughout the night, and after I got out of work around 7am, I mentioned about getting something to eat. He suggested a place. We went. We clicked. He then told me he could help me fix my computer. So he followed me to my house, picked it up, and followed him to his house (and hooked up my computer to his). He attempted to fix it for the day. After that, it sat in the same place for 2 years until we changed rooms because we found out we were having a little one :)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I met my fiance online...thanks to Yahoo chat back in the day...lol
  • headlock_lynn
    headlock_lynn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I was a British nurse working for the Armed Forces in Abu Dhabi. We had gone out to help set up a new hospital that had just been built. He was a Canadian pilot (not Armed Forces) flying workers out to the oil rigs etc. We met on the beach. A friend of mine had met the pilots. I had only been out there 2 weeks. She invited several of us to go for a sail on Dave's catamaran. 32 years and 4 children later we are now living in his home country of Canada. There's quite a story to our engagement which involves war breaking out, smuggling out of the country and getting on the front page of the British newspapers...."Bride escapes war to marry" I still have the newspaper clippings.
  • Barkley87
    Barkley87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OKCupid. We're moving in together in a few months :bigsmile:
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    First week of 7th grade, he was in my class. I recognized him a little from when he was across the hall the year before. I liked him immediately, asked him out (well, had my friend ask him out for me). We dated for two weeks, he broke up with me for another girl, they broke up, we dated for two more and we turned into a hurricane of Ross/Rachel type drama from 7th grade-senior year of high school, where we finally got our **** together after dating other people and we've been in love ever since. Four years in November! :)
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    At work: I came back from lunch and there was a lovely behind sticking out from under my desk. (he works in IT). Now, 14 years later here we are.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Chemistry.com
    I had online dated for a while (on various sites) and was just waiting for my membership to run out because I was giving up on meeting anyone that either wasn't jaw-droppingly boring or not boring but only looking for someone to sleep with. I met my sweetie a week before my membership ran out, had to extend it to complete the communication process with him, and 4 years later he is still the best $50 I ever spent. We recently married and have a 1 year old son.
  • Irishmoonwitch
    Options
    We met on a text based role playing game online. (yep we are both geeks) And became friends. I even lived with him when my job relocated me to the same city he was in. We lost touch a few times but always found each other again. We have known each other for 7 years. We have been dating for almost a y ear and a half and have a beautiful 3 month old daughter.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend 9 years ago through my best friend, and we were friends up until this year. Turns out we've liked each other the whole 9 years we were friends, and then we got together in March of this year. We've been together for 4 months and are deeply in love. He is the most amazing man in the world.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I worked at a Baptist campground and it was going on my 5th and final summer there (it was a good year round job for teens and college students) and we were getting ready for the summer camp season and hosting a few retreats (It was March).... and one of my bosses introduced him to everyone.... later that night we stayed up until probably midnight or 1 am sitting on the staff lodge porch just talking away... and 8 years later we are married...
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    We worked together he was my boss lol 12 years later he's still trying to boss me around :laugh:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    In a kebab shop at 1.30am six years ago!

I'd only gone in to shelter from the rain while waiting for a taxi... and there was the love of my life about to tuck into some garlic bread. Luckily he, saw me, didn't eat the bread, kissed me, got my number... and the rest is history.

You just never know when it's going to happen ;)
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    He was my boss and I hated him.

A year after we met, we started dating. 7 months later we were engaged, add another 17 months and we were married.

Been together 16 years--married for 14--this fall.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I met my husband 26 years ago...we were penpals (yes, I'm from the era when people wrote letters....lol)
    Anyways, we've been thogether ever since...married for almost 20 years.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    yahoo 40's room1.. online in the summer, met in person in the fall, married at christmas.. 13 years ago.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    dating chat line. We talked on the phone for 2 weeks daily before meeting face to face and moved in together after 3 months of dating. We have now been together for 13 years and married for almost 9 years.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    We met online... Been together for just over 5 years now and married for just over 3 years! :)
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I first spoke to him via Xbox playing CoD hahahaha sad I know. He was a friend of a friend, and he just insulted me the whole time saying he would never be beaten by a girl :grumble:

About a month later I went to that friend's flat, which he happened to share with my now partner.

When I first actually met him I thought he was a bit obnoxious! We were all going out that night so after talking to him for a bit I realised we both grew up in the same area and had other friends in common.

He was the first person to ever ask for my number haha :blushing:
    He was also the first person I ever had a date with (and I was 20 hahaha :embarassed:)

After knowing him 5 days he asked me out and I said yes.
    2 and 1/2 years later and we now live together and I've never been happier :love: