How did you met your other half?

Options

Replies

• stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Blind date, true story. I said after the first night, "the rest of my life is not long enough to be with that man". Been married 19 years and I still feel the same.
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    We worked in the same office! I was the "new girl" and a lady in my department said to him "Have you met my new neighbor Shonie" and his response was "Yes, she's going to be my best friend some day, she doesn't know it yet though!" 5 years later, he's my best friend and we have biggest blessing in our lives that anyone could ever ask for, our son! :)
  • Rockerchick77
    Options
    I was out for a girls night with a friend who had tried dragging me out for some drinks for over 2 years. My husband had moved out of the house 5 months prior because we were going through the divorce. She would NOT take no for an answer, so I gave in & then invited a couple more friends to come out with us as well. We went to Badger Bowl to watch my then favorite local band - Lube. :laugh: Him & his friend started small chatting with her & another girl that we had went out with about high schools in the area. She comes over to me while I was sitting at the bar...I'm still not wanting any part of this bar scene...and says, "you need to meet this guy...he's talking about high schools; I graduated college years ago. He's too young for me."

I walked up to him & said: We need to take a picture!
    Him: Okay (took the picture) Now you owe me a dance.
    Me: A slow dance or a naked dance?
    Him: Both!!!

We dirty danced the night away while the band played & then I followed him home afterwards. It was supposed to be a one night stand; at least that's all I wanted. :devil: (sometimes we only want s*x too; what can I say? :blushing:) There is something about a guy in his work clothes & boots!!! :love: We were together the next 11 or 12 days out of 14 - INSEPARABLE! That was over 3 1/2 years ago. We are engaged to be married & I just got my tubes reversed 2 weeks ago today!! I'm pretty sure I'm thankful my ex was a cheater…and that my BFF was very, VERY persistant on getting me out of the house because I wouldn't be where I am today & I couldn't be any happier. No really!! LIFE.IS.GREAT!

I'm that BFF and to this day I absolutly love seeing her sooooo happy!!! They make the BEST couple!
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I went out with my aunt, her coworkers, and one of her coworker's friends (my now bf). I didn't talk to him until we left the restaurant and went to a bar that had a HUGE ceiling fan (seriously, this thing has like a 10ft diameter). I started talking about how it could be used in a Saw movie and he kept the conversation going (little did I know he hates those and other blatantly gory movies :laugh: ) We all went to another bar and he and I decided to go onto the patio where the music wasn't so loud. Somehow we started talking about politics, religion, work ethics and how we both write. We stayed outside for about 2 hours talking. His friend had already left (he was my bf's ride) so I drove him home (sober). I turned on a Disney soundtrack CD as we drove (all the best songs from Lion King, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, etc) because I'm a dork and I don't care, and to my surprise he sang along with me! (He would KILL me if he know I shared this :laugh: ) We had a short kiss and I drove home. When I got there I couldn't stop telling my dad what an amazing time we had and I had a very good feeling about him, largely due to the singing of Disney songs :laugh: . I couldn't stop jumping up and down and, for whatever reason, looking in the mirror :tongue:

We have spent almost every single day together since then, except for the three days after meeting because he accidently left his phone in my car. He was frantically trying to find a way to call me and let me know he wasn't a jerk for having waited so long to talk to me :laugh: . July 16 will be our 2 year anniversary. We plan on having a wedding next year :heart:
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Met mine online, chatted for 5 days, met in person and have been together with the exception of his year in Iraq and a 4 month mutual separation every day for the past 12 years.
  • Just_G
    Just_G Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Met mine at a dance club when I was 18, I was too shy to go talk to her so my buddy broke the ice for me. Danced with her, laughed with her, got some digits. Called her the next day, the rest was history. That was 17 yrs ago, been married 14 yrs this July.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I woke up in a Mexican jail, then when I got bailed out, I was met by my new bride, who I didnt know. :bigsmile:

Ha ha, Nice!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I met mine while working at a Builders square and going to college. He was the candy man ;) Seriously, he was the vendor that filled out employee snack and drink machines. :bigsmile: That was 19 years ago! 17 years married and 5 children later were still madly in love with each other. :love:
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We met at college. Freshman year, she was a cheerleader I'd see at games and around campus occasionally. We officially met our sophomore year. I instantly fell in love with her but she was dating some other guy. I found out she was a math tutor our junior year, pretended to be bad at math, and signed up for tutoring and weaseled my way into getting her assigned as my tutor. Worked my charm during those tutoring sessions, started dating, got engaged the summer before our senior year and married two weeks after graduation. Been married 16 years with two awesome kids. Still pretending to be bad at math after all these years.
  • jakay_f
    jakay_f Posts: 28
    Options
    I met mine in health class my 10th grade year of high school. Was taken away from eachother due to both of our familys moving. 7years later found eachother on facebook got married 3weeks later and here we are more than 18months later :)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    We met in middle school. Were friends (that was it..he was the good nerdy Christian kid, I was the weirdo Goth kid) in high school but lost touch after he left for Math and Science school in the 11th grade. We found each other again via classmates.com years later and were email buddies for quite a while. In May 2004 he came to visit, we were engaged by November and married that following June. Our son came in July the following year. Things work out in unexpected ways. :)
  • artslady96
    artslady96 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My husband's girlfriend at the time introduced us; I got to know him when they chaperoned me on my blind date with a gentleman of their choice. My husband and I realized that we had more in common with each other than the dates. Don't worry, though. My husband and this girlfriend had been dating only one month, and they broke up mutually. We waited two weeks after that to start dating, and we haven't been apart since.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    I was a British nurse working for the Armed Forces in Abu Dhabi. We had gone out to help set up a new hospital that had just been built. He was a Canadian pilot (not Armed Forces) flying workers out to the oil rigs etc. We met on the beach. A friend of mine had met the pilots. I had only been out there 2 weeks. She invited several of us to go for a sail on Dave's catamaran. 32 years and 4 children later we are now living in his home country of Canada. There's quite a story to our engagement which involves war breaking out, smuggling out of the country and getting on the front page of the British newspapers...."Bride escapes war to marry" I still have the newspaper clippings.

This is the COOLEST story!!! Congrats to you guys on 32 years together!
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    We were 16 and a mutual friend threw a birthday party and invited us both. I flirted with him all night. It took some time, but the day before Valentine's he asked me on a date. Nearly 3.5 years later, doing the LDR thing in college and somehow making it work. No regrets - I still enjoy college and don't feel that I'm making a mistake.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    In college. We knew of each other but didn't really know each other. Started talking one day in class, he had some stuff going on. I told him he could always call me if he wanted to talk (never thought he would, seeing as he didn't really know me that well at the time). A couple of days later he DID call me, he came over, he stayed the weekend (we didn't sleep for 2 days, just sat and talked), and here we are, planning to move in together at the end of the year! :)
  • christopherr9
    Options
    I met mine through dating her best friend first lol
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in college :smile:
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Met her at a night club, I went up to her from behind and tapped her shoulder...before I could ask her for a dance, she threw a drink in my face and was yelling at me to leave her the hell alone. Mid yelling, she realized that I wasn't the guy that had been a jerk to her all evening. I walked away thinking what a huge B she was. She must have felt bad for me becase she was my first one night stand....30 days later she was preg-O! Two months after that we were married.
  • izzie_Preston
    Options
    i met andy when i was 11, i used to peer at him as he was my friends older brother (he still is her older brother for that matter haha) used to see him out and about in town and say hello and what ever then when i was 19 he asked for my number, been together since then
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I picked him up in a bar. We were together for almost 15 years, until his drinking got too out of hand.
    I guess that is why you aren't supposed to look for keepers at a bar. Lol