How did you met your other half?

Options

Replies

• Dlopez678
    Dlopez678 Posts: 97
    Options
    I was 11 and was spending the night at my friends house. She lived in an apartment complex with a pool. We went swimming and we met this 8 yr old boy there. I flipped him off of his raft. (To this day he says I tried to drown him lol) My friend and I became friends with him.. her more so than me. I'd see him occasionally when I'd hang out with my friend. As a teenager I'd always tell her why are you hanging out with this little kid.. since I was 3 yrs older than him and she was 5 years older than him. When I started dating I had no interest in younger guys. I became pregnant at 19. He's the first person I told. When I was about 21 I saw him again once at my friends house when I was dropping her off.. He gave me his cell #. I don't know what I did with it, but I never called him. I was so oblivious of how he felt about me. He ended up moving down south to live with his dad. He got a girl pregnant and married her because he thought it was what he should do.. that didn't last. My friend showed me a fam pic of his and I was like wow look how cute he got. Well, it wasn't long after that I was in a yahoo chat room and saw his profile and thought no way.. he im'd me and said.. do you remember me? We talked a lot. He came back to Michigan. We hung out one day and I was instantly in love! We've been together ever since. Been together for 7 years and married for 4. We've added 2 more children to our family.. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me.. Only wish I'd paid more attention to him when I was younger.. could have avoided a lot of heart breaks lol
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    We met when I was 17 and he was 16 (I'm five months older). We had a mutual friend who went to private school with me. She was from his hometown. She was supposed to set us up but didn't. So I saw that he commented on one of her status's on Facebook. So I commented on that status too.... We left about 100 comments before taking it to Facebook Chat. She probably wanted to kill us. We met in person about 3 weeks later and made it official five days after that. We dated for the rest of high school (a year and four months), broke up for 7 weeks in between high school and college, and got back together. We're 19 now, have been back together for 9 months, and are living together for the summer before I go back to college. It took us two chances to get it right but I love him more than anything. He's my better half.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I woke up in a Mexican jail, then when I got bailed out, I was met by my new bride, who I didnt know. :bigsmile:
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We work together ;) Turns out that part of the reason I was hired at my job was because the hiring manager had a feeling my now fiancee and I would get along well.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    His wife stuck her tongue down my boyfriend's throat one night at a club.

True story.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Our cousins were friends, and got us together. We have been together since I was 15 years old. So 14 years together, 3 married. :) Best thing that happened to me, other than my children. Love that guy!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Met my boyfriend online.... first date was December 2003. :)
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby online but long before dating sites were popular! I had a ad online "looking for friends", that I actually was trying to take down because I was getting a lot of weirdos replying to it. He messaged me, we met, married 3 months later and just celebrated our 11 yr anniversay!
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    At a bar through a mutual friend. I didn't care for him too much then because I thought he had this cocky attitude. I guess he saw me as a challenge. The more indiferent I was to him, the more he went after me. One drunken night we dropped our BS and really started to talk. I think we were just talking for like 4 hours (talking and drinking). After that we got to know each other more. Sep 9th (I remember because I was at the bar celebrating a friend's birthday) will be 13 years since we met for the first time.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Through my father....they worked together at the time.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    what can I say ..I met my love on here !! YUP thats right GOOD OL MFP has helped me get healthy and fall in love at the same time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All because we said HEY..GOOD LUCK IN YOUR JOURNEY..little did I know my journey would be with him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Him being " ROBBIEFREELAND" !
  • samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    First Grade :) Never dated in school--only after I graduated college!
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was out for a girls night with a friend who had tried dragging me out for some drinks for over 2 years. My husband had moved out of the house 5 months prior because we were going through the divorce. She would NOT take no for an answer, so I gave in & then invited a couple more friends to come out with us as well. We went to Badger Bowl to watch my then favorite local band - Lube. :laugh: Him & his friend started small chatting with her & another girl that we had went out with about high schools in the area. She comes over to me while I was sitting at the bar...I'm still not wanting any part of this bar scene...and says, "you need to meet this guy...he's talking about high schools; I graduated college years ago. He's too young for me."

I walked up to him & said: We need to take a picture!
    Him: Okay (took the picture) Now you owe me a dance.
    Me: A slow dance or a naked dance?
    Him: Both!!!

We dirty danced the night away while the band played & then I followed him home afterwards. It was supposed to be a one night stand; at least that's all I wanted. :devil: (sometimes we only want s*x too; what can I say? :blushing:) There is something about a guy in his work clothes & boots!!! :love: We were together the next 11 or 12 days out of 14 - INSEPARABLE! That was over 3 1/2 years ago. We are engaged to be married & I just got my tubes reversed 2 weeks ago today!! I'm pretty sure I'm thankful my ex was a cheater…and that my BFF was very, VERY persistant on getting me out of the house because I wouldn't be where I am today & I couldn't be any happier. No really!! LIFE.IS.GREAT!
  • mpeugh28
    mpeugh28 Posts: 14
    Options
    I met mine on the internet in a chat room.... true story!

I met mine in a chat room as well 8 yrs ago. :)
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    at the gym 3 months ago... best thing that has come into my life thus far other then my puppy!!!
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    Decided to move to Paris and was looking for a job. A guy friend of mine that was going out with a girlfriend of mine took pity on me because I was left alone in her apartment while she was working a nightshift. He therefore asked me to go to the movies with him and, at the same time, asked me to bring down a potted plant that was dying that my girlfriend’s. Little did I know he wasn’t coming alone and asked a friend of his to come along. Saw this very tall man coming from afar (my guy friend is pretty short so there wasn’t a chance I would get confused) and he saw me peeking behind the plant and it was instant connection (we even laughed at the same things at the movies). Been together 10 years, married for 7 and have one baby boy :)
  • robinslikeworms
    robinslikeworms Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    tonyacoursey:
    At work: I came back from lunch and there was a lovely behind sticking out from under my desk. (he works in IT). Now, 14 years later here we are.

Pfff that's so cute. I'm really impressed by how many people found a significant other online, it's very cool.

I am not technically in a relationship... "it's complicated" applies like mad, but this is how we met:

Grade 10 biology class, we're all looking at slides under microscopes. I passed his table and he said "Hey you." I looked around and and asked if me meant me. He said yes and gestured to his microscope. I looked in and saw lots of little red dots, then asked him what it was. He grinned like an idiot and said "My blood!" and showed me his leg where he had acquired some blood from an existing wound, and was now bleeding down his leg. And I was smitten.

It's nine years later and we're still madly in love. But like I said, complicated.
  • CazLovesCalories
    CazLovesCalories Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    OK Cupid. 18 months later and we are just as happy, if not more :)
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Was hanging out with a friend and she told me I needed to go to the gas station a block away to see the cute guy behind the counter. 11 years later, 9 of which married, and here we are!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    We worked together. He was a chef and I was a waitress. We hung out after work with the group we worked with and he started pursuing me. 6 months later I finally agreed to a date. I spent the night at his apartment that night. He came home with me after another date about a month or so later and never left. We've been together 22 years and married 20. He still cooks dinner for me every night.