Replies

• CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We met playing poker in a local bar :)
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Online in July 2006 when I was 23 and he was 26 years old. I was browsing profiles and I wrote to him. He wrote back to me the next day. We started through our instant messengers. We eventually started talking on the phone :) In April 2007 he asked me to marry him when I said yes. We met in person for the first time in July 2007 for a couple hours and when I went back home he gave me a copy of his dog tags and some gas money. He lived in Indiana and I lived in Arkansas. His sister-in-law told me lies about him when I broke up with him and he was beyond devastated then we talked on the phone about it and patched things up. We got married in a court house in November 2007 with no rings and barely knowing eachother in person. Will be together for 6 years next month and our 5th wedding anniversary is in November. A few days before our 1 year wedding anniversary in November 2008 he got the call to deploy to Iraq when he left January 2009 for a year. He proposed to me and asked me to marry him again in a fancy italian restuarant in March 2010. We are hoping to get pregnant soon! :happy:
  • cheercoach80
    Options
    I was working at a automotive parts store and my now 2nd hubby came in looking for a part but after telling me what was wrong with his truck I told him he was looking for the wrong part..... When the mechanic proved me right he came back and asked me out lol.... 10 years and 2 children and 1 adoption (at least on his behalf, he adopted my oldest by my first husband) we're still together.
  • cheercoach80
    Options
    I picked him up in a bar. We were together for almost 15 years, until his drinking got too out of hand.
    I guess that is why you aren't supposed to look for keepers at a bar. Lol

LOL I met my 1st hubby at a bar.... He wasn't much of a keeper either lol....
  • SRR15
    SRR15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I met my man on OkCupid.com. We just celebrated a year together and are now living together. :)
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    met mine on a swing in the park near my house, I was in the 5th grade he was in the 6th, we married at 19 & 20, and in December will be married 30 years
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Courtesy of a friend we started chatting online. After a couple of weeks of that we had lunch, then 2 years of commuting back & forth until I could make the move over here. We've been married 6 years now.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    She was my high school English teacher.

Truth.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I met my other have through Eharmony... yes Eharmony. My two kids (from a previous marriage) thought for the longest time that I bought him on Ebay hahaha! They were young and were a little confused! My husband and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary yesterday. We have an amazing 2 year old little boy. He is truly my perfect match!
    The funny part about the story is that my "subscription" had ended and I just hadn't gotten around to cancelling it when I got his match.
    Had I (not been lazy) cancelled my Eharmony account when I was supposed to I would never have met him.....
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    At a night club in Birmingham we used to call The Triple D (you had to be Dead, Divorced or Desperate to go there) Well we were both Divorced so we qualified :laugh:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Met him at a rodeo in Ramah, NM...friends on and off for years, fell in love when I was 19 and he was 22, married four years later(I had to finish college), and we have been the best of friends/lovers for over twenty-four years.:happy::heart::happy::heart: :happy: :heart: :happy::heart: :happy::heart: :happy:
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    On here,just she doesn't know it yet.lol
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Online on a website about festivals.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    on a dating site! still together nearly 2 years later. i don't know why i joined. didn't think i would talk to anyone let alone meet them haha
  • lorderek
    lorderek Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Met mine on a blind date set up by a customer in the cafe were I worked. celbrating our 35 anniversary this year. Only 15 when I met him but it has worked ....
  • rach_00
    rach_00 Posts: 72
    Options
    I met my other half on bebo. Then we met in person and now its been 3 years
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    We used to work together (i'm still with the same company) and the joke between us is that i tell her she was the one chasing me..........and not the other way around. Plus, i think the fact that i had a tattoo ( i had just one back then, as opposed to seven i have now), and she had one, made her inclined to meet me. Well, that's at least how i see it..........
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Truckstop...seriously haha. I took a job in the restaurant as a waitress and he was a cook. 2 years later, here we are =)
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    We both worked at Bob Evans in high school. Went out on one date and the rest is history.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    We met at work. He was a cook and I was a waitress. All of us would go out after work and meet at a bar that had pool tables.We'd shoot pool almost every night and he would join the group I was with. I wasn't interested in him and he chased me for 6 months before I agreed to go out with him. Less than a month after our first "official" date, he came home with me and never left. That was 22 years ago and we've been married for 20 of them.