What delicious goodies have YOU avoided today?!

Options
This is a "pat yourself on the back" topic! :happy:
Someone brought 2 boxes of fresh muffins from the bakery to work today... All different kinds... (including a chocolate chip one my friend was putting in my face! lol). They looked sooo yummy! In the past I've had at LEAST one. But I resisted! And THEN, to top it off, some birthday lemon cake with whipped cream frosting was brought BACK (I took a bite yesterday and it was even better than i imagined!), and again, I've managed to resist!! YAY ME!!! :bigsmile:
Somebody said, "One muffin won't kill you." But that's what i used to tell myself about EVERYTHING lol. Now I say every evil delicious food avoided counts :wink:
So, that was me, patting myself on the back!
YOUR TURN! :smile:

Replies

• mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Everyone here at work went to Burger King because they had coupons for TONS of food. I passed.

I was offered an extra Whopper, Whopper Jr, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and a Dr. Pepper. I passed.

Yay me!
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i'm having a hungry day today and avoided even sneaking one of my kids chips or a bite of their ice cream... even when they pushed it in my face!
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    This is a "pat yourself on the back" topic! :happy:
    Someone brought 2 boxes of fresh muffins from the bakery to work today... All different kinds... (including a chocolate chip one my friend was putting in my face! lol). They looked sooo yummy! In the past I've had at LEAST one. But I resisted! And THEN, to top it off, some birthday lemon cake with whipped cream frosting was brought BACK (I took a bite yesterday and it was even better than i imagined!), and again, I've managed to resist!! YAY ME!!! :bigsmile:
    Somebody said, "One muffin won't kill you." But that's what i used to tell myself about EVERYTHING lol. Now I say every evil delicious food avoided counts :wink:
    So, that was me, patting myself on the back!
    YOUR TURN! :smile:

That person is right one muffin won't kill you its what comes after that muffin thats important. I haven't avoided anything today.

Awesome work!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    the farmer's market had all kinds of baked goods I successfully avoided, but I did have a donut this morning so no pats on the back for me!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I actually ate BOTH delicious goodies that came my way. Supreme pizza from pizza hut, and some homemade lemon squares. Enjoyed both goodies, still within my calories and going strong. ;)
  • cassblue21
    cassblue21 Posts: 207
    Options
    Ice cream! I went to Sonic and got me a cone to eat, but the ice cream itself just wasn't right tasting... anyways, I normally lop off the top and just eat the cone but today I just lopped the whole thing into the trash instead. :) I looked at it and decided it wasn't worth it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I ordered in a low-calorie way today at Carl's Jr.

I wanted to order in a high-calorie way. But I chose not to, because my scale victory will be more satisfying than those few tastes of food would have been.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i work at starbucks so every day i escape without eating a pastry or drinking something sugary is a win for me LOL. especially today since I opened and had to set up the case. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA how delicious bagels and scones smell at 430am!? ugh. lol i could have died
  • violetismysoul
    Options
    NUTELLA.
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    hmmmm...went to my moms, she had danishes, banana bread, and mini cupcakes out and waiting for me and the kids, and i didnt have any.

went to starbucks to get a gift card and they had samples of there banana nut loaf which i also passed up

i took my kids out for ice cream, and didnt have anything there either

i think i did good today :)
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I ate cheesecake with whip cream.
  • LuckySar
    LuckySar Posts: 12
    Options
    Zoe's Kitchen Cookies - they are SO delicious, and I was so sad not to have one, but I feel great now. Going to go for a congratulatory run. ;)
  • kramerhaus6
    kramerhaus6 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I avoided the OTHER 3/4 of my 3 muskateers bar!!! Had enuf will power to savor only 1/4 of that delicious heavenly chocolate laden.....oh i degress!!! :blushing:
  • jeanzbeanz
    jeanzbeanz Posts: 64
    Options
    The entire bakery section at the grocery store.

Oh. And the wine section.

Uhhhhh.... ice cream section too.

Oh.. and the candy at checkout.
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    freshly baked monster cookies, my favorite, and orange cake omg , i enjoyed my bananna lol
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    i have an chocolate ice cream literally with my name on it at work.

One of the sales guys was at the Chapmans ice cream factory last week and bought treats for all of us.
    its still there, but i may eat it tomorrow coz its so friggin hot here - were having a heat wave!

we're going up north for the weekend and I know i'll have trouble keeping mt calories down at the cottage.
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The new OREO Crumble donuts and the Egg Bagels at Dunkin Donuts... And Oreos themselves :$ Also I wanted a York Pattie but I knew the sugar and carbs were still poor so I had some mint choco chip extra gum instead! Call it my crack...
  • billydelawder
    billydelawder Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Doritos
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Peppermint Patties....bought a snack size bag to have as a reward every now and then....really wanted one or twenty today, but avoided them.:drinker:
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    We had a potluck today and I stuck to the dish i brought (cause I know what's in it and its healthy) and a salad w/no dressing and water! There were cookies, brownies, soda and some cheese dip with chips. I had NONE of that stuff. Woo Hoo Me!