What delicious goodies have YOU avoided today?!

Options

Replies

• Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I avoided the giant tray of gourmet Mac and cheese. Super drooling over it but skipped it for some yummy salmon. Nothing taste as good as healthy feels!
  • jeanzbeanz
    jeanzbeanz Posts: 64
    Options
    OK. I lied. I did get a York Peppermint Patty.

*Curses*
  • Miribg
    Miribg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Loaf cake that my mother in law bought for us. Staying strong.:noway:
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    2 birthday cakes and ice cream at work!
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    Everyone here at work went to Burger King because they had coupons for TONS of food. I passed.

I was offered an extra Whopper, Whopper Jr, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and a Dr. Pepper. I passed.

Yay me!

Oh man! Great job! FREE food has always been one of my problems. Go you!!! :drinker:
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    OK. I lied. I did get a York Peppermint Patty.

*Curses*

And the bag of patties mentioned just before...

Is York Peppermint Patty today's MFP craving!? o_O
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, if delicious goodies came under my nose, I wouldn't pass them up. They didn't happen to come under my nose today, though.

*sad puppy face*
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    Ice cream! I went to Sonic and got me a cone to eat, but the ice cream itself just wasn't right tasting... anyways, I normally lop off the top and just eat the cone but today I just lopped the whole thing into the trash instead. :) I looked at it and decided it wasn't worth it.

That's awesome when you can tell yourself it's just not worth it! That concept was pretty foreign to me just a couple short months ago! GREAT JOB! YAY YOU! :drinker:
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    None, although I am still under my calorie goal. I eat lots of fruit and veggies and if I really want something that is unhealthy, such as a cookie or ice cream (my biggest weaknesses), I go ahead and have it in a small portion. I could never stick with anything long term if it feels like a diet!
  • melszyd
    melszyd Posts: 1
    Options
    I went to McDonalds for an ice cream cone and their serving machine was down. I got a giant Diet Coke instead.
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    This is a "pat yourself on the back" topic! :happy:
    Someone brought 2 boxes of fresh muffins from the bakery to work today... All different kinds... (including a chocolate chip one my friend was putting in my face! lol). They looked sooo yummy! In the past I've had at LEAST one. But I resisted! And THEN, to top it off, some birthday lemon cake with whipped cream frosting was brought BACK (I took a bite yesterday and it was even better than i imagined!), and again, I've managed to resist!! YAY ME!!! :bigsmile:
    Somebody said, "One muffin won't kill you." But that's what i used to tell myself about EVERYTHING lol. Now I say every evil delicious food avoided counts :wink:
    So, that was me, patting myself on the back!
    YOUR TURN! :smile:

That person is right one muffin won't kill you its what comes after that muffin thats important. I haven't avoided anything today.

Awesome work!

Exactly! Thank you!! :happy:
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The reeses cups my boyfriends brought home and left within arms reach. mmmmm
  • All_is_well_1959
    Options
    A snickers or twix. was soooo close to getting one or the other.
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    None, although I am still under my calorie goal. I eat lots of fruit and veggies and if I really want something that is unhealthy, such as a cookie or ice cream (my biggest weaknesses), I go ahead and have it in a small portion. If it feels like a diet, I won't do it.

Yeah, I definitely give myself a break here and there. I just try to keep it to a minimum. If I at half the stuff that's in my face at work every day... Oh wait, I did and here I am! :laugh:
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    A peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread..
    My baby girl was eating one and I thought wth its only like 400 calories for one sandwich LMAO yea right..
  • amy0716
    amy0716 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was invited to a Chrismas in July bake exchange party at work. I declined the invitation. Who needs 3-5 baked goods * 10 participants??? Total calorie destroyer!!
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I avoided fries and full-fat Sprite at lunch time! Went to Nando's with my brother, and managed to opt for a corn cob and Coke Zero instead. I THEN proceeded to avoid a Twix or cookies when I was waiting to collect him from training, and managed to focus on the delicious little cup of yoomoo Strawbmoo I'd have when I got home.
  • time2shine29
    time2shine29 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I avoided getting gelato today! My coworker got it and it looked so yummy but I decided it wasn't worth it.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I resisted Ghiradelli chocolate at Kroger - I really wanted to buy some but walked on by - I knew if I bought the bag I would eat it all.....................
  • JWB42
    JWB42 Posts: 112
    Options
    Oh yeah, the 'snack guy' comes in the other day. You know, with the box of CHIPS and CANDY BARS in it. It's the honor system, you put in a dollar and take what you want. Well, normally the guy hasn't even left the parking lot before I pounce on the 3 Muskateers (spelling?) bar.:love:
    But you know, eating that crap got me fat and I don't want to be fat anymore. So I resisted. I am alone in a office most of the day, I have to walk by that tray 30 times a day but I just know I can't have it or I'm right back to being unhealthy.
    So...YAY ME!!!

p.s. thanks for posting something fun and positive! I noticed people at work aren't very nice to people that have to watch what they eat.