What delicious goodies have YOU avoided today?!

Options

Replies

• kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    homemade twix bar & cherry chocolate cake.
  • Brandie1558
    Options
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle...I have recently given up sugar because I can no longer successfully negotiated a healthy relationship with sugar...one truffle turns into the entire box. :blushing: Instead, I had a huge glass of ice water and a cold apple. Hated it at the moment, feel great now!
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    PS- I can't read this thread anymore!!
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    my husband is eating pizza as we speak :noway:
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    pizza. not just pizza, but free pizza. delicious pizza. it was hovering in my face for an hour, and someone held up the boxes and tempted me for a few minutes. it's getting so much easier to say no!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I ate all delicious goodies that were available. Fortunately they were ones I cooked myself so they were perfectly fine nutrition-wise.
  • kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Blue Bells new ice cream flavor "Christmas cookies in July".....it is amazing I really hope my kids finish it off so I will not be tempted
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This was actually yesterday, but I avoided the absolutely delicious cinnabons. There's a little store in my local mall and I was actually shopping for some yoga pants. Man, the smell of those cinnabons led me straight to the counter. And I thought to myself, "I'll just treat myself to one mini bun" But then, when I took a glance at the whopping 350 calories, I quickly turned around and headed to the smoothie kiosk. Sighhhh.
  • serdesto
    serdesto Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen. 'nuff said.

haha I remember what that felt like when I lived a block away from DQ
  • Erm4
    Erm4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Chinese takeout!
  • onyiorad
    onyiorad Posts: 3
    Options
    Bush's Baked Beans and Reese's Pieces.

SO proud of my will power today.
  • siriusgirl
    siriusgirl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread! I passed on a diet soda and banana bread today! And am under my calorie count! Woot!
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    This is a great thread! I passed on a diet soda and banana bread today! And am under my calorie count! Woot!

Woot woot! :drinker: Thanks all for sharing! I'ma be honest... this wknd was a BAD one for me. It was good, but bad calorie wise lol. Friday I went out and had some drinks- it's a rare occasion that I make it out, so I cut myself some slack. But then my bro had a birthday potluck saturday- wayyy too much good food to resist. It was a special occasion... :ohwell: Then sunday, I just said srew it, I'll start over on monday. I had some leftovers AND Wendy's lol. It's monday now. I WILL have a good week!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, ice cream and applebee's take out.

I'm a good girl.
  • emily_fox
    emily_fox Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    ooh! I love this question! I work in a doctor's office and the drug reps will bring all sorts of goodies for us, just today alone I avoided delicious Panera bagels with cream cheese and later on that day ICECREAM!!! with cones and everything!

life is cruel haha
  • uprightashley
    uprightashley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A giant party platter of chocolate chip cookies, and fudge cookies were brought in today. I have walked past them numerous times and have not induldged.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    cake. cookies.

It helps that I can't eat today anyway (med appt tomorrow)
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I avoided the giant tray of gourmet Mac and cheese. Super drooling over it but skipped it for some yummy salmon. Nothing taste as good as healthy feels!

I did the same thing (not today) the other day going past Costco and wanting to stop in for their yogurt swirl. The 390-calorie rating, and the memory of how I'd feel afterward (kind of sleepy and wanting to avoid doing anything to "make up" for the excess) made me realize that I really didn't want to stop in. Afterward I couldn't believe how successful I felt, having not even wasted the time to drive in. Next will be walking past it when I'm really in the store and I'm alone...
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    A cookie! Ohhh maaan I wanted that cookie so bad. I was staring at it as my left eye twitched. My fingers were twitching. A bead of sweat rolled down my face.

But I got the fruit cup instead. :D

It was an intense moment. I guess you had to be there.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    This was actually yesterday, but I avoided the absolutely delicious cinnabons. There's a little store in my local mall and I was actually shopping for some yoga pants. Man, the smell of those cinnabons led me straight to the counter. And I thought to myself, "I'll just treat myself to one mini bun" But then, when I took a glance at the whopping 350 calories, I quickly turned around and headed to the smoothie kiosk. Sighhhh.

Evil, evil cinnabon...

I always make myself feel better by slipping into Forever 21 (which is RIGHT NEXT to Cinnabon) and showing myself that I fit into their clothes. Now what is better, wearing these cute cut offs or eating a Cinnabon? It makes it a bit easier.

But then... As I leave the store...

Ugh.. that smell.. that SMELL.... ^_^ SO GOOD