What delicious goodies have YOU avoided today?!

Options

Replies

• luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but I was craving a diet Dr.Pepper so bad but I didn't have one. Diet Dr.Pepper or any other diet drink always makes me so hungry and usually for sweets, so it's not the diet Dr.Pepper, it's everything that follows that I am proud I avoided today.
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I avoided Krispy Kreme doughnuts!!!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I avoided the store-made sugar cookies! They are right in your face the minute you walk in, and though I glanced longingly at them I proceeded forward to the produce lol.
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    My workplace cafeteria has a glorious looking dessert station near the registers. It's always full of fancy restaurant quality desserts (macarons, caneles, profiteroles, cheesecakes, fruit tarts, mousses, panna cotta, 5 layer cakes) and they're all less than $4.

I cave occasionally and grab one of the smaller $1 treats, but even though I was stressed out today, I walked on by. They also keep free apples by the registers, so I grabbed one of those instead. And didn't eat it after all...it's still on my desk.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Snickers bar. It would have probably made me sick since I haven't had one in so long....... like a cigarette.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    A guy at work brought in homemade carrot cake, sausage rolls and chicken tikka wraps today. I didn't have any and I love carrot cake! This is the second time in a week I have resisted, feeling proud!!
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    My youngest is potty training and the hubs brought home some gourmet jellybeans. I've been handing them out, and not eating any. It's a small victory, but I'll claim it!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend has a box of special toaster strudels (boston creme flavor) in the freezer. They have been taunting me all day BUT I have not eaten one!!

ETA: they don't even sound that good but just having them here is killing me for some reason.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My boss bought everyone in the office meat lovers pizza...Over 30 boxes of pizza and the entire 25000sqft building resonated with the delicious aroma of melted cheese and lightly toasted dough.

...Yet I ate plain chicken breasts instead... :|
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    This morning a co-worker brought in donuts, and another co-worker made a cake a brought it in.... AND today my office celebrated the July birthdays and I skipped the ice cream and cake for that as well (by the way, MY birthday is in July so it was my own bday cake I skipped)!! I skipped it all and have a Zumba class tonight. Yay me!
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Wracks . . . good for you! I dont know if I could have done that!

I resisted the temptation of pizza today myself. Feeling good about it which means I am one step closer to my goal.
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's one of my cycling days, 30 miles round trip on my road bike on a route with some fairly vicious hills. Have usually used training days as an excuse for eating a shedload more than I normally would, but I've stayed sensible today and resisted the urge to pig out.
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    My boss bought everyone in the office meat lovers pizza...Over 30 boxes of pizza and the entire 25000sqft building resonated with the delicious aroma of melted cheese and lightly toasted dough.

...Yet I ate plain chicken breasts instead... :|

Now THAT is will power! Good job!!! :drinker:
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    A cookie! Ohhh maaan I wanted that cookie so bad. I was staring at it as my left eye twitched. My fingers were twitching. A bead of sweat rolled down my face.

But I got the fruit cup instead. :D

It was an intense moment. I guess you had to be there.

Lol i feel you! Good job!! :happy:
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I wasn't tempted by any particular treat today (aside from eating lunch in a restaurant and making a firm decision to order a salad instead of the fettuccini), but I do usually keep track of the treats I successfully avoid in my hand-written health journal.

That way, if I haven't lost anything on the scale at the end of the week I can still read the journal and know that on Tuesday I totally avoided the chocolate-chip banana bread , and on Thursday I ran the other way when I saw my co-worker's birthday cake in the staff room. So, in a way, I "lost" the weight of those treats by never gaining it in the first place.

Er, does that make sense? :)
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I craved chocolate a a full-sugar bottle of Coke last night, and was all set to walk up to the corner store and get them. I stayed home and had some fresh cherries, instead.

I craved the same things, today, and resisted. I had a Diet Dr Pepper (which I have planned with my ED counsellor to ween off of, over the next while), plus some more cherries.
  • CHER8065566
    CHER8065566 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We had a chili cook off today at work. They brought in four different chilies, sour cream, cheese, onions, cornbread, fritos, tortilla chips, pumpkin rolls, sugar cookies and cake. The chili was cooking all day in the office and the aroma filled the office. I decided to eat my lunch , baked salmon, before everyone else dug into the chili. I'm happy to say that I did not have any of that, not even a little taste.
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Honey Bun :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, chocolate chip cookies!! I walked away.....the smell was so yummy.
  • steffers628
    Options
    A few days ago I turned 24, and I politely told my mother not to get me a birthday cake this year. She respected my wishes, but sadly no cake meant no song :( Haha!