Options
    It appears the binging has subsided so I'm now at:

No binges: 10
    Slight slip: 1
    All out binge fest: 2
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I think there's a BIG difference in overeating and binging. Overeating-maybe you had a few extra cookies or an extra serving of your favorite dish. I see binging as inhaling massive amounts (thousands of calories worth) with no self-control or willpower to stop, even when you are so full you want to throw up...
  • icemanxxxv
    icemanxxxv Posts: 20
    Options
    12 days winning
    0 days binge
  • odiani724
    odiani724 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I love this.

good 5

Binges 0000000

Yeah. I think this challenge and this site may be the answer to my wt problem. I dieted last year (or thought I did) took me 9 months to lose 15 pounds and 3 to gain it back plus another 5. I feel that between this challenge and tracking my calories and exerise will keep me more accountalbe. Yesterday, i ate a little over my target, so after dinner I went for a long walk. So I ended up only over 22 calories. I am quickly learning that if you eat extra you must also exercies more..

Good luck to all of you remember, take it one day, at a time. If you have a bad day, Let it go and jump back on the next day.
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Eating back exercise kcal this week, and therefore ate some extra food. I don't consider this a binge!

Total binge free days: 15!

For July:
    Within calorie goals: 12
    Binge monster: 0
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Binge free - 11
    Binge monster - 1
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I think there's a BIG difference in overeating and binging. Overeating-maybe you had a few extra cookies or an extra serving of your favorite dish. I see binging as inhaling massive amounts (thousands of calories worth) with no self-control or willpower to stop, even when you are so full you want to throw up...

This is my definition of a binge also.
    I do not consider an extra snack or a meal out to be a binge.
    Thus my binge free days mean I have not inhaled a load of doughnuts, ice cream, muffins and cookies and purged or gone to bed utterly stuffed to the gills.

I am visiting my mothers this weekend, and it will involve going over my calories and eating meals out. To me, that is not a binge, it is a break from my normal routine and in control.. However, if I go and stuff a load of her biscuits and cereal when everyone else has gone to bed, that is a binge.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    July 12th -

Winning: 9/12

Binge Monster: 0/12

Good Food "Binge" or Health Food (but off plan, like fruit): 1/12

Bad foods, moderate/minimal within calories( e.g.. , a brownie): 2/12
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    July so far:

Winning: 9

Binge Monster: 3
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, genius.
    For July, I'm at 11 days golden... 1 day on the binge bus to failure D:
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    July 12th:
    winning: 11 in a row
    lost: 1
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Winning: 12
    Binge: 0
    Total days binge free: 29
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i had a binde one or two days (although it was on my cheat week)
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Start date: July 8th
    Winning: 1
    Binge Monster: 3

So, this wasn't a total binge, really. I did good until last night. I call it a binge because I did not control myself. I did make a wise choice to eat a salad, but did not really limit the amount and had 3 Tablespoons of a regular kind of dressing (not a light dressing), and for dessert a bowl of ice cream with 3 Tablespoons (at least) of Hershey's Chocolate syrup. So, not totally out of control as in eating the whole container of ice cream... but definitely will NOT lose weight by doing this kind of thing.. I really do call it a binge as I could not control the urge & HAD to do this.

That's not a binge! It's okay to enjoy a little extra of the things you like. Imo a binge is like, eating the entire family size bag of chips in one sitting. You should not get bent out of shape over something so minor. Sometimes you just want some extra chocolate syrup, nbd.

You know what? You are absolutely right! Now, that I've read your response & someone else's. . . thanks for the reminder. I did feel out of control and ate without thinking but it really wasn't a true binge at all! I hope that you all won't mind if I change my stats.

I have had the binging y'all are talking about (often) and should be so thankful that I didn't lose all control. It was giving in to myself, but definitely NOT a binge. I was confused yesterday! Thank you all so much!!!

So, here are my corrected stats & I did good today!

Start date: July 8th
    Winning: 3
    Binge Monster: 1
  • mangohead100
    Options
    Since July 5 (inclusive):

Powerful me: 8
    Powerless binge monster: 0

I also broke through my plateau!! Hooray!
  • Roos2104
    Roos2104 Posts: 22
    Options
    Start: 1st of july:
    Today: 13th of july

Me: 10
    Binge monster: 3
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Me: 4

Binge: 0

Today has been hard. Hope not to blow my little streak.
  • chelw727
    chelw727 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Total binge free days: 16!

For July:
    Within calorie goals: 13
    Binge monster: 0
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I started this challenge the 29th and have yet to check in! My whole month has been pretty crappy eating-wise. I wouldn't necessarily say I've had tooooooo many binges, but pretty sure the entire jar of Trader Joe's cookie butter I consumed earlier in the week would constitute such. Therefore:
    binge free days: 2 lol