Wii Fit Team - September!!!!!!

Options
167891012»

Replies

• bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    OK, I'm finally feeling better. I did 45 minutes step aerobics yesterday and walked 4 miles today. I did eat too well while sick so we will see if I backslid any tomorrow. I would hate to see that darn Wii put me back over 200, but by next weekend I should be safely in the UNDER category. Wish me luck!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Though I'm sure the Wii scale will be kind :-) I'm still deeply deeply impressed by the amount of weight you and so many other folks on this site have lost already! That definitely takes true dedication and a lot of hard work, so yay you!!! :-) :flowerforyou:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just bought a Wii and Wii Fit on Saturday and used it for the first time yesterday. I absoulutely LOVE it!!!

I was just wondering if I could please join your group?

Thanks!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    More the merrier, right? :-) Welcome!
  • bethgames
    Options
    Welcome sjmay. I keep getting on my Wii fit and I found that the freestep and advanced step aerobics work best for me. I also use a riser for the board to get it up off the floor about 4 inches. But while the weather cooperates, I have been mostly getting outside for a 4 mile walk every day if I can ft it in with work and kids and doctors and life.....

wiifitaccessories.com has great stuff, this is where I got my riser.
  • sjmay
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! And thank you bethgames for the website - it's great!

I would like to commit myself to using the Wii at least 1 hour a day - 5 times a week (45 min wii fit and 15 min playing an active game). Yesterday and Sunday I used it for about 2 hours straight (min. of 1 hr 15min wii fit) and today my body can feel it! I feel like I've been run over by a truck :laugh: But, it's great! It lets me know all the muscles that I haven't used in quite a LONG time.

I'm so glad to have found this group. I think that it will really keep me motivated on the wii. I have noticed how everyone loves doing the freestep. I found that I kinda get bored of doing it and that is only after 5 minutes... any suggestions?
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Sjmay- I turn the TV on and watch TV while I step. By it self it is boring. Another Idea is to put some good fast music on and turn it up!

Welcome and good luck.

JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    Yeah, I usually play a new episode of House or Law & Order or something that I have recorded on the DVR so I can fast forward the commercials and I dont get bored at all. To warm up I usually do 3 sets of the advanced step aerobics to have a bit of fun and to see if I can beat my high score. Today it is raining, so if it doesnt stop before work is done then it is home to the Wii instead of the nice brisk walk out of doors.
  • sjmay
    Options
    I think that I will try doing the free step while watching tv. That should definitely help. I have been getting up early the last 3 days before work to get in my wii exercise. I spend about an hour doing a run, hula hoops, boxing and a few other exercises. It has been giving me a great workout. And then in the evening I play some sports games with DH.

I was so tired this morning, that I didn't get up to do exercise. I really needed the extra 1.5hrs for sleep. I will prob do some after work, plus I also have yoga class tonight.

How is everyone else doing? I hope you have a great day!
  • jam0525
    Options
    We are all taking turns being sick. I've still managed to do the free step every night and throw in 10 minutes strength twice so far this week.

JAM
  • bethgames
    Options
    That is great! I still walked my 4 miles yesterday, but I went home and DH had ordered pizza. 2 slices later and I'm sure I derailed any weight loss for this week. Damn.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I started a new thread for November. Here is the link.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/69878-wii-fit-and-wii-fit-plus-team-for-november

Welcome everyone new. There's a lot of posts since the last time I checked in.

JAM