Wii Fit Team - September!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    After reading all the posts I did the 30min step today - usually do 20 min step.
    I got to 3480 steps. :tongue:
    I think i need to find a riser to make it a bit more challenging.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone!!! I went for the 4 mile torture again this morning but feel great now! I just got on the Wii for a body test and it says down 1.2 YEA! That wedding tonight will not get the best of me. I am determined to eschew the carbs and the dessert. I need all of your thoughts & prayers to go with me tonight. I will confess all tomorrow. Thank you all for being here!

btw - I love the riser. What a difference!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

It is old news for me, but I finally did break 3000 steps on the free step in 30 minutes. I was always in such a rush to put the TV back on for my family, that I never realized you could speed the darn thing up.

The riser sounds like a good idea, but I think I'd rather get the Wii Fit Plus if it will let me set up routines.

I'm still haven't been able to loose more weight since August, but I'm confident that I will start loosing again now that I have upped my excercise time each day.

Happy Saturday all!

JAM
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Got in my third 30 minutes of strength exercises today. I like mixing them up more than doing a solid 30 minutes of one type, so I'm not sure I'll commit to that again for next week - let's just say at least 5 days of 30 min each!

Got two high scores today :-)
  • bethgames
    Options
    You can do both the new Wii Fit + and the riser. Once you go up on a riser, going back down doesn't even feel like exercise. lol I was pretty good @ the wedding. But I did have 3 (yes I said 3) glasses of merlot. But I enjoyed them so they weren't empty calories, right? :)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Beth- Merlot is good for your heart. Really! Red wine is very good for your heart. So, look at it this way, you did your heart 3 favors at the wedding. lol JAM
  • JPriceGA
    Options
    Day 124 - 30 minutes - mixed... got a high score again today!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    OK 9 days and I could not for the life of me fit in some Wii time:noway: But I got my 30 mins of mixed today yeah. and I beat my high goal at Hula Hoop 318 :glasses: I have continued to lose a pound a week from eating right but I need to do this because I want to firm too (OH Life quit getting in the way) :tongue:
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    i tried the 30min free step and got 3200, I'm trying to beat that score along with my hula hoop one for 6min. I haven't been able to do it everyday like i said but on the days i do, i usually do it for an hour or more. I really like the jack knifes you can do, my tummy is going away and i feel great. Has anyone else tried the jack knife challenge?
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    OK now I have to try the jackknifes I want my tummy to shrink I have not done to much with the Yoga or the strength training I will have to tr it :smile:
  • bethgames
    Options
    I will have to look for those jackknifes today after work. I cant do the hula-hoop any more because believe it or not, I threw my back out on that exercise. You can imagine the looks I got at the doctor when asked how I injured myself. I told her that I really wish I could tell her it was something fun and exciting like gorilla sex or something equally wild and crazy, but sadly, no, it was hula hooping on the Wii. LOL Tomorrow is the back clinic appointment but I refuse to give up, I just switched to straight stepping and walking, no twisting for this girl until I get fixed!

And thanks for not beating me up too bad on the wine. I do really have to watch the wine intake. I have boycotted my wine cellar for 3 months now.
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think i got too overly ambitious yesterday, ladies..... LOL. I did 30 min of the balance games (basically each game x 2).. and then decided to do a 30 minute session of free step with 1 lb hand weights.
    3218 steps later, and the next day-- my back is 'feelin' it.. aka. i'm sore. . LOL :laugh:

I would have had more steps but i was doing intervals -- slowing down, then speeding up to top speed, and so on...i also do steps front to back and side to side....

i have to say though-- i do feel different today.
    I'm more calm/ relaxed and focused... so i'm ready to try again tonight.. just maybe w/o the hand weights :)
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I will have to look for those jackknifes today after work. I cant do the hula-hoop any more because believe it or not, I threw my back out on that exercise. You can imagine the looks I got at the doctor when asked how I injured myself. I told her that I really wish I could tell her it was something fun and exciting like gorilla sex or something equally wild and crazy, but sadly, no, it was hula hooping on the Wii. LOL Tomorrow is the back clinic appointment but I refuse to give up, I just switched to straight stepping and walking, no twisting for this girl until I get fixed!

And thanks for not beating me up too bad on the wine. I do really have to watch the wine intake. I have boycotted my wine cellar for 3 months now.

I can't do the hula hoop either, it screws with my SI joint and I'm in pain for days, It sux because it's fun!
    Can someone tell me what the jack knife challenge is? I've had my Wii forever and have never heard ot this.
    I too haven't been able to find much time for the Wii with everything else I'm doing, but I'm still around :flowerforyou:
  • bethgames
    Options
    So we will all keep free stepping and waiting for the new Wii Fit Plus. I am going home tonight and I am going to do 30 min freestep and 4 of the advanced step (because its fun). See you all tomorrow
  • JPriceGA
    Options
    30 min done today - mixed. No high scores, but tried the jacknife challenge.. what a hoot! Did it twice! I also did 10 minutes of free step 970 steps.

Anyone else have a hard time with the pushups? I can do them fine on the floor, but They're harder on the balance board, IMHO! I can barely get through the 6 with the side planks (unless, of course I use my knees...).
  • PaperDahlia
    PaperDahlia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ok, I too am curious-- what is this jack knife challenge that is being spoken of? I would like to try that one out :)

... btw is anyone else with me in thinking that Nintendo is missing a huge market for the wii fit???? As in a DANCE game. just straight dance(no dance dance revolution. i mean freeform)
    To get an idea of what I am speaking of.. If you have played the Ravin Rabbids TV party Game-- one of options you can choose (gives you a choice between several games to complete that 'hour' of tv on the tv schedule) is a Disco-- and they make you do all these fun moves. If you really get into it (like me :).. you can work up a good sweat and get a lot of cardio out playing the game. Plus they have some great tunes to dance too (just wish there were more!!!)

i did see something about possibly a wii pole dance game (yes, 'that' kind of pole dancing. weird! hope thats not true. LOL. i'd rather see belly dancing personally!!)
  • bethgames
    Options
    I love the ravin' rabbids dancing!!! But I have a hard time doing anything on the Wii that is not timed and recorded on my Wii Fit profile. Silly huh? Today I am doing the 4 mile torture again and then going home to do my 30 minutes of freestep. I havent tried the DDR yet, is it fun? Where do you find the jackknife challenge?
  • 15togonar
    Options
    What is the jackknife challenge? I did 20 min. of free step with a riser and 25 min. of the EA Active pre set workout.. I love the Ea Active preset workouts because I don't have to think about what to do. I just follow the routine they have created.. Kinda like going to an aerobics class...
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    the jack knifes are where you bring your head and feet into to your body to make a V shape in kinda of a crunch, it works out your abs and gives you the "jack knife" feeling. You find the challenge on the wii fit under strength. You have to do the regular jack knifes to unlock the challenge. Then in the challenge you see how many jack knifes you can do against the personal trainer. You start out just doing 10 and each time you do the challenge you do 10 more. Once you hit 50 the personal trainer makes you go to 100. The first week you will be really sore but its worth doing for the flat stomach.

I can't do the side planks/push ups on the will fit, i think its the timing for me. plus I like doing regular planks like the ones on this site.
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/crunch-free-ways-to-transform-your-abs-454348/
  • brwnsgr
    Options
    Hey group

I just found this group and I'm really glad, I didn't think anyone was doing WII. I have the WII FIt, WII Active, WII Sports and WII Resort and usually work on it anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour but wasn't sure how to log exercise. I would love to join this group, I will commit to four days a week for 45 minutes.

Shantay