Proof Lifting heavy doesn't bulk up females - PICS

Options

Replies

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can lose extra fat AND build muscle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFhOisbtvZY
    Because some dude on youtube said so? Do more research....real research. It's very hard to gain muscle while trying to lose fat through cal deficit. Doable, but hard.

By the way, you look smoking hot in both pics anyhow. :wink:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Because some dude on youtube said so? Do more research....real research. It's very hard to gain muscle while trying to lose fat through cal deficit. Doable, but hard.

Virtually impossible from what I've heard
  • jasonr1442
    jasonr1442 Posts: 67 Member
    Options

By the way, you look smoking hot in both pics anyhow. :wink:

^ Exactly.. Virtually impossible. I'd like to see it done without heavy suppliments.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    So, I've seen some b/a "success" pics of much larger people and there's very little difference in the progress after 30 or so days. Is it okay for me to post a response telling them they still look really overweight and they need to work harder? I doubt it. Regardless of what my own opinion is on this particular thread, some of these responses are just wrong.

Yep.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    oh wow thats a great difference well done, you must feel so much stronger from it too!!! :) also, this comment is so odd, but its really elongated your torso, you look taller! :)

ps i think you look lovely in both pictures!!
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think you look GREAT! I believe you are a naturally thin girl. In the before pic, many would consider this "skinny fat." In the second picture your body looks much tighter. Don't let all the negative comments get you down. GREAT work!!:flowerforyou:
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Yes, you can....BUT---NOT at the same time. Sad, but true. This is why bodybuilders have to do "cutting" and "bulking" cycles....you can't do it all at once. I wish you all the best my dear. :flowerforyou:
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.

It took 3 pages of crappy comments to find it but ^^^^THIS^^^!
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Virtually impossible from what I've heard

Yes you are right, I agree it's nearly impossible to build muscle while cutting calories. Bodybuilders have to eat a suplase of calories to build muscle and they will gain fat while doing so. They then "cut" their calories and up cardio to remove the fat and show the muscle underneath. By linking that clip I was just showing that there are many different opinions out there.

I know for a fact that I have built muscle because:
    1. I am exactly the same weight in both pictures. Do the maths.
    2. I can lift so much more. I use to do a lot of cardio and had no strength, I can now notice the difference in lifting bags of shopping.
    3. You might think that I have just lost some fat to reveal more definision - I had NO muscle in my arms before. My biceps were like soft cheese.

Not too sure why people were talking about the pictures from January - both were taking in June, one on the 1st, one today.

To the lady who asked if I take supplements: I take vitamins, Protein shakes, Glutamin and BCAA.

I truely do appologise for the state I am in the pictures, I took them first thing in the morning before my workout. I wasn't taking the pictures to look pretty or cute or sexy, just to show the change - if any.

I never said I changed much or gained much muscle. I just wanted to say that a lot of people (I hear this from my friends all the time) think that if a woman lifts or GOD OFRBID drinks a protein shake she will turn into the hulk.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have really whittled your waist! Great job!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You look fit and very slender. If you like a muscular, strong look though you need to eat ABOVE maintenance. I haven't read through all the comments so someone may have already suggested it.

It looks like you lost a LOT of fat in a month so I think you are burning through all your fat stores and it's a great time to add some muscle. You will look even more kick *kitten*! Don't be afraid to eat more-a LOT more. Muscle cranks up your metabolism :)
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.

This is just stupid, I haven't seen anybody 'hating' all I've seen is comments such as "I prefer you in the first photos" That's not 'HATING'!

I've seen plenty of photos of someone with dark hair and in some other's they have blonde hair'. Is saying "I prefer the blonde look' 'hating'???
  • bethagon
    bethagon Posts: 18
    Options
    You look great in both - but I especially love your arms on the right! :)
  • duluthian
    duluthian Posts: 69
    Options
    You look great - well done. I'm sure you feel stronger, healthier and better about yourself and that is a good thing. You are obviously eating well and enjoying your journey. I'm glad you posted your pics and hope to see more as you progress :)
  • seitys
    seitys Posts: 4
    Options
    Good job. When you drop the carbs, your water weight drops in a week. I think you would still look good if you ate at maintenance. A little more mass on you and you could look like those fitness chicks.
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My insperation, Jamie Eason

9d2d9-Jamie_Eason_photo_by_Walt_Ostarly.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.

This is just stupid, I haven't seen anybody 'hating' all I've seen is comments such as "I prefer you in the first photos" That's not 'HATING'!

I've seen plenty of photos of someone with dark hair and in some other's they have blonde hair'. Is saying "I prefer the blonde look' 'hating'???
    There's been a lot of 'You looked better...' as well as the 'I prefer...'. Having an opinion is fine, but remember it doesn't make it fact.
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    the lighting looks a bit better in the 'black' photos, and you're not 'making a muscle' in those ones either. i guess that gave the impression to some people that there was a significant change. theres really no reason to think you look, better, worse or 'less womanly' etc. you look great in both.

women generally don't bulk up much. as a guy, i only wish bulking up were as quick and easy as women fear it to be, and us guys have testosterone streaming through our veins! guys have to work hard at it, so frankly your average woman would have to work like crazy to get even the slightest muscle increase. most female bodybuilders are either on a very specific natural diet for building muscles, taking perfectly legal supplements, or in some cases just taking steroids.

and if you do find yourself looking a bit 'buff', just stop lifting weights and it will soon go away-- again, as any guy could tell you with a depressed tone of voice! all in all, just lift weights as you want to, especially light weights. you're definitely not going to get buff lifting 5kgs.
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Haters gonna hate.

There's been a lot of 'You looked better...' as well as the 'I prefer...'. Having an opinion is fine, but remember it doesn't make it fact.

Eh? Why would you think anybody thinks their opinion is fact?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Eh? Why would you think anybody thinks their opinion is fact?
    That is implied when you declare 'You looked better'.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!