My goal is to be FIT, NOT SKINNY!

Options
Do I want to be SKINNY?
No thank you! I'd rather be FIT! Skinny to me could equate to illness and sickness. It doesn't always equate to healthy. There are SKINNY Aids and Cancer victims.
Skinny people can be unhealthy and NOT fit. I think I've heard a word for that called Skinny -fat. It's very sad when I hear women say they want to be skinny. I know it may be a word and just semantics- I just cringe when I hear it. Can anyone relate? My goal is always to be fit and healthy.

Skinny doesn't always equate to beauty. I've also seen gorgeous "fat" people. I hate that women especially are so brainwashed. I am cuter when I am fit- but I also know that I could be 130lbs and still not look perfect, I will still have a longer that I'd prefer face, a bigger than I'd want nose, and bags under my eyes that unless I go under the knife, are genetic features.

Skinny doesn't equate to having a perfect life. No one has a perfect life. Your life may be easier if you are fit- but your problems still don't go away magically. If you have depression or anxiety when you are overweight, unless you get therapy, chances are the depresison/anxiety will still continue. Weight loss doesn't change that- your MIND is what makes or breaks you.

People do not love you more if you are fit. If they do, they are not the quality people you'd want in your life anyway and you'd deserve more.

If people judge you, that's their issue, but remember skinny does not equate to beauty or necessarily good physical or mental health. You have to WORK hard to be fit- even thin people have to work hard to be fit.

How do you want your life? Anyone get me? :) If so msg me, add me, always up for new friends! :)

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more :)
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Agree with everything--so nice that you get that you have to love yourself first! Some people never figure that out.
  • portsmyth
    portsmyth Posts: 2
    Options
    What do you say to those who are naturally skinny? Are they not beautiful because of genetics as you said yourself? Are they just like the AIDS and cancer victims you said about yourself?

You can be fit AND skinny; skinny does not always mean unhealthy.
  • pavlosky88
    Options
    totally agree
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Portsmouth !you totally missed my point. All people have beauty. I have cousins who can't gain weight and they are beautiful. there are beautiful skinny people and there are also beautiful fat people. You entirely missed the point to my posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've also seen ugly skinny people and ugly fat people. I think ugly comes from how people treat others.
    Everyone, the whole word tells skinny people how beautiful they are on a daily basis. But if you're fat/obese, you are given messages CONSTANTLY that you are lazy, ugly and not worth anyone's time. All I said is that skinny doesn't always equate to beauty just like fat doesn't always equate to ugly.
    Do you really not get that?
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    I'd like to think that fit and skinny go hand in hand just depends what ur definition of skinny is. I no I'm skinny. But I also eat more then my Fiancè and has nice abs so just because I'm a size one and my Origanal goal was to just be skinny, but that doesn't mean I'm not FIT.
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    But I get what ur saying:)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Do I want to be SKINNY?
    No thank you! I'd rather be FIT! Skinny to me could equate to illness and sickness. It doesn't always equate to healthy. There are SKINNY Aids and Cancer victims.
    Skinny people can be unhealthy and NOT fit. I think I've heard a word for that called Skinny -fat. It's very sad when I hear women say they want to be skinny. I know it may be a word and just semantics- I just cringe when I hear it. Can anyone relate? My goal is always to be fit and healthy.

Skinny doesn't always equate to beauty. I've also seen gorgeous "fat" people. I hate that women especially are so brainwashed. I am cuter when I am fit- but I also know that I could be 130lbs and still not look perfect, I will still have a longer that I'd prefer face, a bigger than I'd want nose, and bags under my eyes that unless I go under the knife, are genetic features.

Skinny doesn't equate to having a perfect life. No one has a perfect life. Your life may be easier if you are fit- but your problems still don't go away magically. If you have depression or anxiety when you are overweight, unless you get therapy, chances are the depresison/anxiety will still continue. Weight loss doesn't change that- your MIND is what makes or breaks you.

People do not love you more if you are fit. If they do, they are not the quality people you'd want in your life anyway and you'd deserve more.

If people judge you, that's their issue, but remember skinny does not equate to beauty or necessarily good physical or mental health. You have to WORK hard to be fit- even thin people have to work hard to be fit.

How do you want your life? Anyone get me? :) If so msg me, add me, always up for new friends! :)

You cringe? Why not focus on your own feelings of inferiority instead of targeting someone else to shame. Does it somehow make you feel superior to those that are skinny, yet healthy and fit?

I love my life. I'm surrounded by plenty of "quality" people that I absolutely adore for various reasons, they're the ones who judge me on my actions or behavior, not my appearance.
  • beccaboo0713
    Options
    :-/

How is it up there on your soap box?

For the record, I know lots of cancer and AIDS patients. One is one of the fittest people I know. You can you healthy and fit in any iteration - fat, skinny, tall, short, apple shaped, whatever.

But good for you for wanting to be fit.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Wow - I am just using that as a point- I meant people with END STAGE diseases not people who are not terminal. I am not on a soapbox but it's sad that WOMEN totally don't get what I am saying and believe that I am putting down thin people. I am trying to LIFT up overweight people who feel that their lives will be SO much better and perfect once they lose weight. I am not putting down thin people at all. I am just saying it doesn't equate to being healthy and also doesn't equate to beauty. It's what's inside that counts but it seems that you 2 got defensive for a reason?
    No clue what that reason would be? I am telling women that they should get therapy if they have a low body or self image- that they should not compare themselves but you 2 think that I shouldn't say that? I am saying that going on a fad diet is not going to get your healthy- and you think there's something wrong with that? I am saying there are beautiful overweight people and you have a problem with that.
    Seems like you guys are the ones with the issue I am trying to make for people to live HEALTHY and have FITNESS as a goal and not just a goal of SKINNY, FAD DIETS and BS they are fed their whole lives.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Wow - I am just using that as a point- I meant people with END STAGE diseases not people who are not terminal. I am not on a soapbox but it's sad that WOMEN totally don't get what I am saying and believe that I am putting down thin people. I am trying to LIFT up overweight people who feel that their lives will be SO much better and perfect once they lose weight. I am not putting down thin people at all. I am just saying it doesn't equate to being healthy and also doesn't equate to beauty. It's what's inside that counts but it seems that you 2 got defensive for a reason?
    No clue what that reason would be? I am telling women that they should get therapy if they have a low body or self image- that they should not compare themselves but you 2 think that I shouldn't say that? I am saying that going on a fad diet is not going to get your healthy- and you think there's something wrong with that? I am saying there are beautiful overweight people and you have a problem with that.
    Seems like you guys are the ones with the issue I am trying to make for people to live HEALTHY and have FITNESS as a goal and not just a goal of SKINNY, FAD DIETS and BS they are fed their whole lives.

I know exactly where you are coming from, come of my colleagues has always been slim, she is very vain, and looked down at me because I was overweight.

then one day we went to the gym together and I whooped her *kitten*.
    the next wek we went for a run, and I had to keep stopping to wait for her.

She was skinny, but nowhere near fit.

I was fat, but fitter than I looked.

Last week we neede the water cooler bottle changing so I just walked down and then carried the full botte up 3 flights of stairs. The men were gobsmacked. It's funny sometimes to show off your strength when people assume because you have a layer of lard that you are unfit.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Seriously.......:grumble:
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I totally get where you're coming from. Be prepared for all the naturally skinny girls to get 'offended,' though, lol.

In my fiance's family, I am the biggest girl. He has three siblings - his sister is a stick, and both of his brother's SO's are sticks. I am the only one with curves, and the only one who eats more than 800 cals per day. The rest of them always tell me to 'eat less' because then I would lose weight (even his mom).

Here's the thing - NONE OF THEM WORK OUT! I can lift 35lbs in a basic bicep curl, and all they can lift is 2lbs. One of them runs, but that's literally it. And yet THAT'S what I'm supposed to be? Give me a friggin break. I'd rather be strong than weak, TYVM.

Fit and not thin is a great goal and I fully support you. =) Keep it up and don't let the skinny women get you down! They'll never understand!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Sticks, really??

Now if I described larger women in such a way, I'd get flamed. No I will never understand you're point of view because I have never been there...but I would never use derogatory language to describe someone that doesn't share my body type.
  • PANZERIA
    Options
    Sticks, really??

Now if I described larger women in such a way, I'd get flamed. No I will never understand you're point of view because I have never been there...but I would never use derogatory language to describe someone that doesn't share my body type.

Call a 'larger woman' fat. Go for it. Everyone else does. And skinny-fat women are termed as 'sticks.' I call large men fat, and twiggy men sticks. Same thing. There's no differentiation, lol.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you're going on about. Fit and healthy people can suffer from depression and get aids and cancer too. What's the point of this thread?

I was very skinny as a child and teenager and even well into my 20's I got sick of people telling I should eat more and I was too skinny. I ate just fine, it was just the way I was.
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    lol x very good x liked thet xx:tongue:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I am trying to LIFT up overweight people who feel that their lives will be SO much better and perfect once they lose weight.

Lifting up overweight people by pointing out that skinny people might not be fit or healthy? You are somehow superior to those that didn't have to work for it? Some of us have other goals in life, we might be working towards being a bit more generous in accepting that we all have different values and priorities. We might be helping and encouraging others to reach their goals.

Good luck to you.
  • natashahunt2010
    Options
    You cringe? Why not focus on your own feelings of inferiority instead of targeting someone else to shame. Does it somehow make you feel superior to those that are skinny, yet healthy and fit?

I love my life. I'm surrounded by plenty of "quality" people that I absolutely adore for various reasons, they're the ones who judge me on my actions or behavior, not my appearance.

My thoughts exactly.
  • PANZERIA
    Options
    I am trying to LIFT up overweight people who feel that their lives will be SO much better and perfect once they lose weight.

Lifting up overweight people by pointing out that skinny people might not be fit or healthy? You are somehow superior to those that didn't have to work for it? Some of us have other goals in life, we might be working towards being a bit more generous in accepting that we all have different values and priorities. We might be helping and encouraging others to reach their goals.

Good luck to you.

You totally missed her point.

It's about aiming to be fit and healthy, and to not JUST be skinny. THAT'S the point.