My goal is to be FIT, NOT SKINNY!

Options

Replies

• PS2CR
    PS2CR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Do I want to be SKINNY?
    No thank you! I'd rather be FIT! Skinny to me could equate to illness and sickness. It doesn't always equate to healthy. There are SKINNY Aids and Cancer victims.
    Skinny people can be unhealthy and NOT fit. I think I've heard a word for that called Skinny -fat. It's very sad when I hear women say they want to be skinny. I know it may be a word and just semantics- I just cringe when I hear it. Can anyone relate? My goal is always to be fit and healthy...

Skinny doesn't equate to having a perfect life. No one has a perfect life. Your life may be easier if you are fit- but your problems still don't go away magically. If you have depression or anxiety when you are overweight, unless you get therapy, chances are the depresison/anxiety will still continue. Weight loss doesn't change that- your MIND is what makes or breaks you...

If people judge you, that's their issue, but remember skinny does not equate to beauty or necessarily good physical or mental health. You have to WORK hard to be fit- even thin people have to work hard to be fit.

Portsmouth !you totally missed my point. All people have beauty. I have cousins who can't gain weight and they are beautiful. there are beautiful skinny people and there are also beautiful fat people. You entirely missed the point to my posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've also seen ugly skinny people and ugly fat people. I think ugly comes from how people treat others.
    Everyone, the whole word tells skinny people how beautiful they are on a daily basis. But if you're fat/obese, you are given messages CONSTANTLY that you are lazy, ugly and not worth anyone's time. All I said is that skinny doesn't always equate to beauty just like fat doesn't always equate to ugly.
    Do you really not get that?

Wow - I am just using that as a point- I meant people with END STAGE diseases not people who are not terminal. I am not on a soapbox but it's sad that WOMEN totally don't get what I am saying and believe that I am putting down thin people. I am trying to LIFT up overweight people who feel that their lives will be SO much better and perfect once they lose weight. I am not putting down thin people at all. I am just saying it doesn't equate to being healthy and also doesn't equate to beauty. It's what's inside that counts but it seems that you 2 got defensive for a reason?
    No clue what that reason would be? I am telling women that they should get therapy if they have a low body or self image- that they should not compare themselves but you 2 think that I shouldn't say that? I am saying that going on a fad diet is not going to get your healthy- and you think there's something wrong with that? I am saying there are beautiful overweight people and you have a problem with that.
    Seems like you guys are the ones with the issue I am trying to make for people to live HEALTHY and have FITNESS as a goal and not just a goal of SKINNY, FAD DIETS and BS they are fed their whole lives.

p4mef.jpg
  • Ava_Maria
    Ava_Maria Posts: 7
    Options
    agreed
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    What do you say to those who are naturally skinny? Are they not beautiful because of genetics as you said yourself? Are they just like the AIDS and cancer victims you said about yourself?

You can be fit AND skinny; skinny does not always mean unhealthy.

I think you misunderstood the OP's point. She's not talking about the naturally skinny people. What she meant are those who are not naturally skinny but keep on starving themselves to become thin so much so that they are starting to develop ED.

To the OP, I couldn't agree more & I love your attitude.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options

It's more important for you to be skinny than fit? I'm interested as to why you feel like that. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just that I can't even imagine why anyone would have that viewpoint???

Fit and healthy has a thousand advantages, whereas skinny is surely about just how others see you. I don't get it

I want to be skinny, not fit. :indifferent:

I don't want to have hard arms, abs, etc. I want to look soft-- and I want to be skinny. I suppose what you would call "skinny fat". I like the idea of looking soft and tiny and fragile. I don't want to look hard and strong.
    Just a preference. I'm not going to lie- I'm doing this for vanity's sake. Go ahead, I'll be the first one to say it. I don't mind. D:

*ducks tomatoes*

That being said, I'm doing this the healthy way, because I care about my body. That's just not my motivation.

:huh:

While I respect your preference but I think it would be better to just keep it to yourself. I'm sure you'll get a lot of negative reactions here.
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options

It's more important for you to be skinny than fit? I'm interested as to why you feel like that. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just that I can't even imagine why anyone would have that viewpoint???

Fit and healthy has a thousand advantages, whereas skinny is surely about just how others see you. I don't get it

I don't want to have hard arms, abs, etc. I want to look soft-- and I want to be skinny. I suppose what you would call "skinny fat". I like the idea of looking soft and tiny and fragile. I don't want to look hard and strong.
    Just a preference. I'm not going to lie- I'm doing this for vanity's sake. Go ahead, I'll be the first one to say it. I don't mind. D:

*ducks tomatoes*

That being said, I'm doing this the healthy way, because I care about my body. That's just not my motivation.

While I respect your preference but I think it would be better to just keep it to yourself. I'm sure you'll get a lot of negative reactions here.

You're joking, right?

You have to be.

I was kidding about the tomatoes-- bahaha. It would be ridiculous for someone to wrong me for being honest when someone else was actually curious about a motivation other than health. And if there is not one other person on this board who is doing this solely to look good naked, I'll consider myself damned. But until then...

I didn't say I want to look sick or anorexic. I admire bamf females with muscles. It's hardcore. It rocks. It's just not my style. I prefer, for myself, the soft, traditionally feminine look. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

*ducks tomatoes*

You're joking, right?

You have to be.

I was kidding about the tomatoes-- bahaha. It would be ridiculous for someone to wrong me for being honest when someone else was actually curious about a motivation other than health. And if there is not one other person on this board who is doing this solely to look good naked, I'll consider myself damned. But until then...

I didn't say I want to look sick or anorexic. I admire bamf females with muscles. It's hardcore. It rocks. It's just not my style. I prefer, for myself, the soft, traditionally feminine look. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Not the only one that places a lot of imporatnce on how you look - but I honestly don't think many prioritise looks over health
  • sissysparkles
    Options
    I totally get you! I was one of those peolpe who thought that skinny was beautiful. Unfortunately I was one of those that got really sick. I've been struggling with anorexia. I was just released from a hospital for eating disoreders, they got me up to HEALTHY weight. I'm trying to deal with body image issues due to the fact that i have gained weight. But how I feel now out ways the feeling of gaining weight. Thank you for your post!

Sissy
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Poorly executed original post. That being said dear OP you are allowed any goal you want, judging others goals and reasons for is pointless as it doesn't affect you.
    Having read the entire thread only a tad bit amused. I'm still shooting for skinny.
    To all a good day
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    Don't fall off your horse.. Looks like a long fall.. Sorry I came to MFP to be skinny and it worked. I am not judging you on your looks ..Quit hatin on the skinny gals.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I so get you n agree with you.
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Don't fall off your horse.. Looks like a long fall.. Sorry I came to MFP to be skinny and it worked. I am not judging you on your looks ..Quit hatin on the skinny gals.

there's no hating going on - just people expressing a personal opinion on what they prefer

I prefer dark haired women - doesn't mean I'm hating on the blondes
    I prefer less skinny women - doesn't mean i'm hating on the skinny gals
    I prefer shorter women - doesn't mean I'm hating on the taller girls

There are some gorgeous tall, skinny, blonde women - just expressing a slight preference that's all

Not that my opinion matters in any way whatsoever - doesn't mean I can't express it. I can't see why people can't just accept that people have different tastes and can say so, it's no insult to the OP, and isn't rude
    Or would you prefer every post to say "You look fabulous"?

If a guy REALLY bulked up so that I was huge with legs like treetrunks and biceps like bowling balls then I would expect many to say they don't like massive musles like that - no big deal Many have said that on here.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options

there's no hating going on - just people expressing a personal opinion on what they prefer

There are some gorgeous tall, skinny, blonde women - just expressing a slight preference that's all

Not that my opinion matters in any way whatsoever - doesn't mean I can't express it. I can't see why people can't just accept that people have different tastes and can say so, it's no insult to the OP, and isn't rude

If a guy REALLY bulked up so that I was huge with legs like treetrunks and biceps like bowling balls then I would expect many to say they don't like massive musles like that - no big deal Many have said that on here.

But do you proceed to run your mouth about how unhealthy blondes are? Or how being tall make you look like a cancer paitent? Or do you just have a different prefrence without putting everyone else down?

" Skinny to me could equate to illness and sickness. It doesn't always equate to healthy. There are SKINNY Aids and Cancer victims.
    Skinny people can be unhealthy and NOT fit. I think I've heard a word for that called Skinny -fat. It's very sad when I hear women say they want to be skinny."

^^She was hatin.. but when I was big I hated skinny girls to so I can understand why she is hatin

"
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    19536421_1997.jpg
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I'm going for both. Size 4-ish and strong as an ox.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I'm skinny but I'm also fit.
    So does that mean I still resemble a cancer patient or am I acceptable?

I seriously don't get it. :huh:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be skinny or fit. I want to be healthy and strong enough to enjoy my life without worrying about anything. Chinese buffet on my birthday? np. 8-hour nature hike? np.

My ultimate goal is just to get to a point where I trust myself to take care of my body and I trust my body to be able to do whatever I ask it to.
  • rjlam326
    rjlam326 Posts: 16
    Options
    Okay I've read all of the post's and frankly some of them are way off base. I understand the orginal post and she was simply making a statemtent on her preference. I work in the medical field and see everything under the sun. From anorexia, bolemia, obesity and just plain overweight people. Just remember that we are here to support each other and not criticize each other. Also remember that people are in the state of health they are in sometimes by just not caring for themselves but sometimes due to illness or past traumas. Never bad mouth anyone's looks or healthiness because you never know what is the real reason they are the way they are.

Make a concisous effort to support and not criticize. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
  • Wonderob
    Options
    I don't want to be skinny or fit. I want to be healthy and strong enough to enjoy my life without worrying about anything. Chinese buffet on my birthday? np. 8-hour nature hike? np.

My ultimate goal is just to get to a point where I trust myself to take care of my body and I trust my body to be able to do whatever I ask it to.

Love this

Even more important when you are my age. My lad wants to play football with me for a couple of hours and as she says "No problem"
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options

But do you proceed to run your mouth about how unhealthy blondes are? Or how being tall make you look like a cancer paitent? Or do you just have a different prefrence without putting everyone else down?

" Skinny to me could equate to illness and sickness. It doesn't always equate to healthy. There are SKINNY Aids and Cancer victims.
    Skinny people can be unhealthy and NOT fit. I think I've heard a word for that called Skinny -fat. It's very sad when I hear women say they want to be skinny."

^^She was hatin.. but when I was big I hated skinny girls to so I can understand why she is hatin

"

It's so sad that so few of you get my OP. It was NOT a slam on skinny girls. It's a word that I think is used to equate to healthy and I don't always think it is healthy and beautiful. I am not a hater. Some of you are getting so defensive it's insane. I don't hate skinny girls. I don't hate fat girls. I don't hate anyone. It seems like a lot of you are hating that I feel being fit (which doesn't mean by any means big and bulky for everyone) is what a goal should be.

You can be skinny and fit- you can also be overweight and fit.
    MY GOAL IS TO BE HEALTHY AND FIT.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm skinny but I'm also fit.
    So does that mean I still resemble a cancer patient or am I acceptable?

I seriously don't get it. :huh:

i DON'T GET WHAT MANY OF YOU DON'T GET.
    ALL i am doing is supporting those, like myself, who think the word SKINNY is not necessarily a goal. THERE ARE SKINNY AND HEALTHY AND FIT PEOPLE. There are also SKINNY AND UNHEALTHY. I was just saying that HEALTH AND FITNESS are my goals.
    What is there seriously NOT to understand?????