July Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• GrandmasonKirby
    Options
    Just found this, would like in. My aim is to walk at least 30 minutes a day..
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    Walked 40 minutes yesterday @ 3.5 MPH pace.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Jul 2 = 180 min walking aroudn the zoo.
  • puffinbrae
    puffinbrae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well I walked to my daughter's yesterday, then up four floors to her place. Not a marathon I know, but more than I've done in weeks :tongue:

Today I'm taking my feet outside again to walk around my block - about 1/4 mile. I hope they don't die of shock!
  • Zoe268
    Zoe268 Posts: 6
    Options
    4 miles on the elliptical macine.
  • byebyeluvhandles
    byebyeluvhandles Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    7/2/12 treadmill workout
    61 minutes
    3.5 miles
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Count me in. While I ride a bike on days I don't walk I will post here and the bike riding challenge too. Walked yesterday and got in 3 miles.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    7-3-12. treadmill walk
    37 minutes
    2.26 miles
    228 calories burned
    .5% incline for 20 minutes

This is it when the outside temp is 100 degrees!
  • makinlbsgo
    Options
    Just getting used to how to post, hope I am only posting once. 7-1 (3.0) miles 1 hr.
    7-2 (3.0) miles 1 hr
    7-3 (3.0) miles 1 hr. AM walk may try after dinner too.
    I walk daily and but with a little twist, I walk backwards for 1/2 mile. The backward mile helps balance, and Dr. Oz said if you do something oposite of normal you will build brain cells (my goodness who doesn't need more of those) and the best part, the "air fist bumps" and "thumbs up" from passing drivers, LOL! Off to the rest of my day! :flowerforyou:
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Just getting used to how to post, hope I am only posting once. 7-1 (3.0) miles 1 hr.
    7-2 (3.0) miles 1 hr
    7-3 (3.0) miles 1 hr. AM walk may try after dinner too.
    I walk daily and but with a little twist, I walk backwards for 1/2 mile. The backward mile helps balance, and Dr. Oz said if you do something oposite of normal you will build brain cells (my goodness who doesn't need more of those) and the best part, the "air fist bumps" and "thumbs up" from passing drivers, LOL! Off to the rest of my day! :flowerforyou:

This is great. I like brain cells also!:laugh:
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! My goal is 100 miles for the month of July.
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    walked an hour and 45 minutes today. :)

exercise.png
  • Snowbird73
    Snowbird73 Posts: 25
    Options
    So far so good. Because I was a bit too optimistic, I had to lower my goal from 10,000 steps a day to 5,000 steps a day. So far, so good.

exercise.png
  • RoxyA3
    RoxyA3 Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in. Go al is 10,000 steps a day using a pedometer.

I have a question, Please is the 10,000 steps simply the minimum steps that should be taken whilst doing an exercise walk (s) OR does the figure of 10,000 relate to the total steps taken in a 24 hour period.
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    Count me in. Go al is 10,000 steps a day using a pedometer.

I have a question, Please is the 10,000 steps simply the minimum steps that should be taken whilst doing an exercise walk (s) OR does the figure of 10,000 relate to the total steps taken in a 24 hour period.

10,000 steps a day is approximately 5 miles. A good pedometer when you set it up correctly for your gait will measure your steps and also display the equivalent miles. Omron makes good pedometers.
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    Today I walked for 50 minutes between the thunderstorm and the heat wave. It's been 90 degrees or above all week with no relief in sight til next week.
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    Today I was only able to get 1.75 miles in this morning due to the non stop storms and rain this evening.Bummed.I really wanted to walk tonight.I did spend about 4 hrs cleaning the house(upstairs,downstairs,3bd,and 2.5 bath). Sweeping ,dusting ,vacuuming, mopping, and cleaning bathrooms.I know that had to count for something. I was sweaty and wore out. :yawn: .
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    7/3 today I walked 4.89 miles with jogging up the hills.
  • GrandmasonKirby
    Options
    Walked for 30 minutes tonight..good luck everyone
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I walked a mile and a half after my bike ride this evening.