July Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• puffinbrae
    puffinbrae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    30 minutes walking last night in the warm summer rain. I'd forgotten how good that feels :smile:
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Jul 2 = 180 min walking aroudn the zoo.
    Jul 3 - 20 minutes walking around the neighbourhood
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    Sweated it out on walk today for 35 minutes with high humidity and 75 degrees before 7AM. Added a few hills too.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    30 minutes walking last night in the warm summer rain. I'd forgotten how good that feels :smile:

I love summer rain!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I got 2 and a half miles today. I did 1 mile at the park while my kids played. I would ride a mile then walk a quarter mile. Then I did another mile and a half on the dreadmill after my ride.
  • alexandreanichole
    Options
    Totally count me in! At work they encourage us to walk and so they set up an indoor walking track around the building. 41/2 laps = 1 mile. Hopefully I can get some good mileage in!:happy:
  • kcox4166
    kcox4166 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm still trying to figure the whole MFP thing out and this seems like a good challenge to start with. I have been finding trails in my area for walking and discovered there are 2 nature preserves less than 10 miles from me that I never knew were there, I think that is a NSV?
  • lmrob130
    lmrob130 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd like to try. How do you "check in"?
  • lmrob130
    lmrob130 Posts: 3
    Options
    I use a pedometer, how can I get the steps ticker to monitor my steps?
  • TOPSrainee
    TOPSrainee Posts: 47
    Options
    How in the world do you walk backward for 1/2 mile? I'd be breaking a leg and probably a bunch of other body parts as well! lol
    Just getting used to how to post, hope I am only posting once. 7-1 (3.0) miles 1 hr.
    7-2 (3.0) miles 1 hr
    7-3 (3.0) miles 1 hr. AM walk may try after dinner too.
    I walk daily and but with a little twist, I walk backwards for 1/2 mile. The backward mile helps balance, and Dr. Oz said if you do something oposite of normal you will build brain cells (my goodness who doesn't need more of those) and the best part, the "air fist bumps" and "thumbs up" from passing drivers, LOL! Off to the rest of my day! :flowerforyou:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this challenge and am in enough exercise challenges but this one is great for me right now. I recently injured my knee and think it is finally healed. My exercise goal is to add walking into my Aquafit more each week. For awhile 1 hour would cause problems but I think I can handle that now. To be careful though I think I will up the walking slowly. So this challenge should help. I have a new job and getting into a new schedule too. So my walking goal is to increase the number of days and amount of time I walk each week.
    Keri
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Walking downtown for the 4th celebration in the heat.

45 minutes
    2.5 mph slow pace
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    all in
  • scol14
    scol14 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm going to give it my best!
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    I am in too! My primary modes of exercise are walking and my elliptical. I am gonna check in for yesterday and today.

7/3/12
    Elliptical: 30 minutes (I did some intervals-loving that)

7/4/12
    3.3 mph walk just under 4 miles in 70 minutes
    Elliptical: 30 min. With more intervals

I am not sure what to set for a goal. I will try for 20 hours per month.
    As of now, i have 17 hours and 50 min to go!
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I did 2 hrs, 15 minutes today :)

exercise.png
  • puffinbrae
    puffinbrae Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    30 mins again. Same walk as yesterday. My goal is to finish it without getting breathless :ohwell:
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    Yesterday I was only able to walk once.Stupid IBS.:sick: I did get 1.75 miles.Its better than nothing.
    Today was better.I walked morning and evening and did a total of 3.5 miles for the day.:happy:
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    Didn't walk today because of heat and waiting for plumber. Did do some heavy lifting(furniture and stuff) getting ready for plumber. Still got in over 5000 steps
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I got in a 45 minute walk today