Replies

• ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    7/5/12
    30 minutes on the ellptical

7/6/12 so far
    40 minute walk

16 hours and 40 minutes to go! I am trying to do five hours per week so i can hit twenty by the end of the month. I can do it!
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    7-6-12. Treadmill walk
    70 minutes
    4.74 miles
    705 calories burned
    55 minutes @ 1% incline
    10 minutes @ .5% incline
  • amyloooo
    amyloooo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    checking in.

almost a week in adn I've done 22.9 miles toward my 125-mile goal. have been away for the holiday so I'll have some making up to do.
  • mamaomefo
    Options
    Would like my goal to be: increase my June record for minutes exercised which was 2,046 minutes!
  • merry_abandon
    merry_abandon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

7/5
    Miles: 4.45
    Time: 1 hr 17 min.

7/6
    Miles: 3.8
    Time: 1 hr 13 min.

I'll set my monthly goal to walking at least 2 miles a day for the rest of the month.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I had a half mile walk in the rain yesterday, it was lovely. Today I walked 2 miles on the dreadmill after my bike ride.
  • lgstone
    lgstone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I"m in. I discovered walking, as an alternative to running, in January this year when I had eye surgery and had to stop running due to the motion. I'm now a happy, proud walker-who-sometimes-breaks-into-a-light-jog. I did 100+ miles per month through April, but May and June were tough. July I"m back on, having put in about 4.0-4.3 miles each weekday this week.

I mix brisk walking with light jogging, trying tp hit an average pace of 12:00-12:30 minutes per mile. Sometimes it's slower, though.
  • MomOfMikeAndLiam
    Options
    I would like to join in. My name is Ali. I just had my third baby boy 7 weeks ago, and just got cleared last week to begin exercising again.
  • Zeekorah
    Zeekorah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow this is great ! I def want to join in on this :o)

I'll check back later on. I hope to walk later on tonight.

have a Great day everyone !
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Jul 2 = 60 min walk
    Jul 6= 30min walk (total 90min)
  • angieb327
    angieb327 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Want to have a some pounds gone before school starts next month. Committed to adding walking Monday of this week to modifying my eating habits.

7/2 5.2 miles
    7/3 6.8 miles
    7/4 6.4 miles
    7/5 6.5 miles
    7/6 3.8 miles

Might take a break tomorrow and Sunday. Will probably play the Wii with my son to keep me going but I will definately will be back in City Park Monday morning...

Glad I got back on MFP and found this message board! God Bless!!!
  • GrandmasonKirby
    Options
    Walked 2.5 miles on 7-5 and 3 miles on 7-6

good walking everyone
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I got in a 45 minute walk Thursday
    and a 30 minute walk tonight.

Week 1 Total: 75 minutes
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Did two hours yesterday.

exercise.png
  • ashsmile78
    Options
    Did 30 minutes on the elliptical last night? That puts me at 16 hours 10 min to go for the month!
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm walking per doctor's orders while recovering from surgery. I used to love to walk, did it regularly and easily. Now, I'm finding that my legs get tired after 10 min. and I'm not doing much more than 15-20min. It's better than nothing, but I'm thinking of the "old days" when I walked a min. of an hour at a time. It's been about 6 wks since the surgery and I feel great overall. I'm wondering if it's a good or bad idea to push myself beyond that point of resistance (when my legs are longing to be home...)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm walking per doctor's orders while recovering from surgery. I used to love to walk, did it regularly and easily. Now, I'm finding that my legs get tired after 10 min. and I'm not doing much more than 15-20min. It's better than nothing, but I'm thinking of the "old days" when I walked a min. of an hour at a time. It's been about 6 wks since the surgery and I feel great overall. I'm wondering if it's a good or bad idea to push myself beyond that point of resistance (when my legs are longing to be home...)

Just do what you can do. Push yourself as much as you and your Dr think is right for you. I tend to be an all or nothing person, thinking that if I can't give it an hour, then I had just as well not bother. But any movement is better than none. I'm trying to teach myself that.
  • ashsmile78
    Options
    45 more minutes on my elliptical today which takes me to 4 hs and 35 min this week. My goal is 20 hours for the month or 5 each week. I was going to rest tomorrow. I haven't decided if I am going to go on a walk to make my goal for the week.
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    7/7-10628 steps between work and housework
    7/8-40 minute walk in the morning before it gets to warm
  • mamaomefo
    Options
    7-8-12. Treadmill walk
    40 minutes
    2.63 miles
    325 calories burned