WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2012

Options

Replies

• Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sunny and hot Sunday,

Only time to pop in before we get ready for a movie. Will have to post my goals tomorrow, I wrote them down at work and can't seem to remember them:ohwell:

Mimi- good to see you back, so sorry about your computer issues, I'm sure that the apple store knows that most people will have to come to them to get the proper parts for repairs:huh:

Barbie- once again you have us following your great example of settin goals and then seeing if we can acheive them...thank you:flowerforyou:

We got in our bike ride but not as early as we should have and it was already in the mid 80's by 10am, but it's done. I really have not been good on the eating this weekend...good thing there is tomorrow when I have my regular boring, but very regular work week.

Have a good day all, log it if you eat it, drink plenty of water:drinker: and move it to lose it:tongue:

Laura80111:smile:
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Michelle - we are going to st John virgin islands..mybest friend since 1st grade owns a house there and is lending it to us

Fran (my sister) and I kayaked for about 3 1/2 hours..we went to the river but not actually in it. We saw some Canada geese with babies and a wild duck family a great blue heron and turkey buzzards...love mother nature...I am pretty beat, though...took a little nap while floating in the pool...what's not to love about weekends:laugh:

:heart:
    Jen
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Happy JULY, dear Ladies! And a HOT one it is here on the East Coast!

Returned home early enough to hug my boys and see all of the guys off after their big weekend! My house survived, it would seem! :ohwell: LOTS of sheets and towels to wash, but happy to be home! My dear Mom was ill when I arrived Friday, so glad that I went to see them. Cooked and tried to keep her hydrated. Seems she had a stomach bug :sick: and I think she had not been getting enough water. Anyway, she was a bit better when I left at crack of dawn this morning, so hope it is uphill for her now!

Will check back in tomorrow. Must keep moving...if I sit down...I do not think I will get back up again:tongue::tongue: :tongue:

Look forward to seeing you soon! Take care:heart: Kackie (Youngest son's wedding is 2 WEEKS from yesterday!!! YIKES!!!)
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bikini by August :smile:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy july 1st.
    my goals are-to do wt ex for knees 2-3 wk.
    Ex-swim or walk (if possible due to rain etc,find another form of ex if not)6 days a week.
    Stick to alloted calories and eat the best I can,no junk.
    Enjoy the day and make the most of each one.
    HUGS jane
  • Sahara0815
    Sahara0815 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi beautiful ladies! I just found this thread of fab 50's and decided to post my goals as well:

* remember that I am a person of value, no matter what the scale says
    * remember that every pound lost is successful movement toward my goal
    * be accountable for my actions and eating
    * increase my exercise from 2x/week to 3x/week on a consistent basis
    * lose 10 pounds

Good luck with your July goals!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon from sunny Kelowna, BC! First time on this (or any) thread :)

I'm not a good goal setter so this is new for me ...

♥ Gym 3 x per week
    ♥ More cardio, same weights
    ♥ Drink more water
    ♥ Do lots of stairs at my 2nd job
    ♥ Lose 6 lbs this month (by not giving in to summer treats ... too much)
    ♥ Enter EVERY day & stay in touch with my peeps who keep me honest ;)

Happy Canada Day ladies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Goals for July-

Walk 30 min. a day - knee is finally starting to feel better so I think this is doable

Work back up to water aerobics 3X a wk

Drink 4 16 ounce bottles of water a day

Stay positive no matter what!!:smile:
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    :love: Happy July! :love:

Will post goals later, just wanted to pop in and mark my spot.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful evening,

jb
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My goals for July
    * continue to count calories but really cut down on the crap I eat and clean up my diet.
    * increase the intensity of my workouts
    * lose a pant size!
    * try to sit outside without sunscreen for 15 minutes several days a week to boost my vitamin D levels (hard for me to do- I have used the strongest sunscreen available for ages)
  • fonitoni
    Options
    Goals for July-

Walk 30 min. a day - knee is finally starting to feel better so I think this is doable

Work back up to water aerobics 3X a wk

Drink 4 16 ounce bottles of water a day

Stay positive no matter what!!:smile:

I use Mueller Knee Supports- got mine from Walgreens- really helps with knee issues and they are not expensive.
  • fonitoni
    Options
    with this crazy heat I'd like to suggest Leslie Sansone's Walk at home. She has several FREE videos on her website. They are not
    quite as professionally done as her DVD's but it offers some variety and they are FREE!

You do have to sign up under the "Walk Social" tab but I have yet to get any emails from the site.

http://www.walkathome.com/walk-social/
  • deb1962
    deb1962 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE..FIRST WEEK WEIGH IN TOMORROW,,ECCKKK
    JULYS GOAL IS TO STAY FOCUSED
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Glad to be back on MFP.
    My goals for July are to -Log my food and exercise every day.
    - Keep moving ,and walk when my knees will allow it.
    - read this post daily to keep me motivated.
    Most importantly, ask God to help me on this journey that I am starting again. I have been back for 5 days and now I have 126lbs to lose. This is the biggest amount of weight that I have had to lose in my life. I am going to need Gods help and lot's of motivation from all of you in this post.
    I am looking forward to the journey. :smile:
  • BarbaraC47
    BarbaraC47 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Spent all of yesterday cleaning up my partners unused elliptical trainer, I'm now ready for it!!!
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    with this crazy heat I'd like to suggest Leslie Sansone's Walk at home. She has several FREE videos on her website. They are not
    quite as professionally done as her DVD's but it offers some variety and they are FREE!

You do have to sign up under the "Walk Social" tab but I have yet to get any emails from the site.

http://www.walkathome.com/walk-social/

I love Leslie Sansone videos! Great alternative when the weather doesn't cooperate. Thanks for sharing the website.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    Hello all - back again! Did get a good workout yesterday in the nice cool basement; at least for *me* it was good! :-}

Lots of errands to do this morning but having a touch time getting thing organized. Feeling nauseated---we have some type of flu/virus going around in this community so I hope I haven't acquired that.

Wishing everyone a good week.

:drinker: :drinker:

Lin
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

1- How do I find this thread again? I always find something interesting and join, but never find it again!

2- My goals for being over 50 for July

* Be positive and more carefree trying to raise 3 teens and a husband that acts like a teen : )
    * Drink MUCH more water every day
    * Reach my 1500 calorie goal (I have been over every day of my life except recently)
    * Add walks with a good play list on my ipod to make me happy to do so!
    * Just to say yes more to make good things happen in my day
  • Snowbird73
    Snowbird73 Posts: 25
    Options
    This is a great Forum. I'm CTRL-D'ing it right now so I can find it every day. I love this, "- be an MFP junkie the rest of my life or be fat. Huh!". Thanks to whoever wrote it. My July goals are:
    5,000 steps/day increased by 100 each day. Yesterday I was under 4,000, so I have to kick it up a bit.
    10 flights of stairs a day increased by 1 each day. Yesterday I did 10.
    Learn to use my new HRM for something besides a wrist watch.
    Good luck everyone.

exercise.png
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Bump. I will be back later. no time this morning and I tried to stay away from the computer yesterday.