Victoria's Secret and clothes shopping...uuuugh.

Options

Replies

• BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone can win. Once you find that you're a medium stores are always sold out, because it seems to be the most popular size.

Then places carry your size, and it fits you perfectly except for one area of your body.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Okay- I actually like VS and I am in now way a stick figure I have plenty of weight to lose. However I like matching comfortable items, although I only buy on sale. Does anyone know a good place to get items for "outfits" otherwise?

Strangely the only thing I've liked about weight gain is the gain in the top, I felt very inadequate before 34A and although i want to lose 20-30Lbs. I'm 150 I hate the idea of losing my 34C.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    What the heck are you talking about? I am 5'3 and 200 pounds and I find **** in that store just fine. Panties in a size XL are always over picked. Hell I got a booty! If I'm a size 6 or 16, I will always wear that size and that's a fact. If you live in a city, there are probably have what you want in another store. I have at least 3 within driving distance. Dont be damn ashamed. Love your body anyways!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    What the heck are you talking about? I am 5'3 and 200 pounds and I find **** in that store just fine. Panties in a size XL are always over picked. Hell I got a booty! If I'm a size 6 or 16, I will always wear that size and that's a fact. If you live in a city, there are probably have what you want in another store. I have at least 3 within driving distance. Dont be damn ashamed. Love your body anyways!

Really? I was told by their cashiers that they no longer carry the XL sizes because they wanted to cater to a specific audience. I don't live in the city, sadly. That's the only VS in the area, actually the only actual lingerie store in the area aside from the lingerie section in department stores.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I don't think anyone can win. Once you find that you're a medium stores are always sold out, because it seems to be the most popular size.

Then places carry your size, and it fits you perfectly except for one area of your body.

I see mediums everywhere...that's probably because I'm not a medium yet though. :laugh:
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    VS is the most annoying place in the world to me. I can technically fit into their bras (36D) but their quality sucks and so do their prices. I don't fit into their panties correctly. I don't understand the fascination with that store. I guess they just have a great marketing team.

Here are some stores to try: Marshalls, Ross (cute lingere), Khols, Maidenform outlet, JCPenny, Sears

Actually the best bras I've ever had came from a flea market. 6 bras for $30. They carried up to a 44DD I believe. I still have them. Very supportive and great colors. You could potentially try that if you have a big flea market by you.

I don't know if I have a flea market that sells bras, most of ours are Amish flea markets with wonderful pastries. :love:

I do shop at those places now for lingerie. I guess I don't feel sexy in them I guess, then again I don't think I'll ever feel sexy as I am now as I close my eyes when I'm in the shower so I don't see myself. That and VS is like the only lingerie store in most malls so we're conditioned to think that if you can't wear their stuff, you aren't sexy.

Mhmmm pastries <3

I understand. We have been conditioned by the media that we have to wear VS lingere and look like a VS model to be sexy. But we don't! You just have to gain confidence in yourself and get some kick butt lingere from another place.

I'm not trying to say that VS is horrible or anything. I've just never had any luck at my local one. I prefer Charlotte Russe for panties. Much cheaper! They don't sell bras over a C at mine though so I can't get them *grumble, grumble*.

Edit: My issue with VS is that I don't fit correctly into their clothes, even though I technically am in the range to wear their clothes. I guess I just don't like the fit.
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<< Victoria Secret Bikini that I got at 220 lb. I was a 40 D when I got it. Now I am a 36DD in that pic and 200 lbs and the bikini is too big on the bottom. Honestly, I have never had an issue with their clothes unless u are buying their "Pink" Line.... in that case they are meant for teenie boopers with no T&A! (I call them 2X4's) lol
  • jamies76
    jamies76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Even when I weighed 104 lbs very little in VS ever fit me. I'm barely 5'3 and curvy but with a small chest. Most of that stuff seems like it's designed for gangly 11 year old boys with couch cushions strapped onto their chest.

That, and the few things that DO fit me fall apart much sooner than they should.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I like shopping at Asos.com. They have free return shipping so if it doesn't fit, swap it out for the right right size.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    teenie boopers with no T&A! (I call them 2X4's) lol

ROFLMBO!!!!!
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Really? I was told by their cashiers that they no longer carry the XL sizes because they wanted to cater to a specific audience. I don't live in the city, sadly. That's the only VS in the area, actually the only actual lingerie store in the area aside from the lingerie section in department stores.

They got rid of the XL but their larges are more like XL and M are more like larges...
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    My brother just says, "Oh god, what are you crying about now?! Shut up." Grandma just sees every opportunity to bash that I left the church and that I'm going to hell for wanting nothing to do with the hateful Christian community. Aside from my boyfriend, I have no support anywhere in my life. So when I want to rant and he's at work, I have to turn to the internet because I live with a bunch of insensitive Christians who want me to behave just like them 100% of the time.

I get it that you may be having some issues with some people who have their faults, but I don't see why you need to put down millions of other people. --- "hateful Christian community". Nobody is perfect, but Christians believe that Jesus is and He is the example... not that we will ever be perfect in this life.

-- re your post, I don't think I have any suggestions that haven't already been made. Good luck..
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yeah it is frustrating especially when they dont carry plus sizes, and then the stores that do carry the sizes dont always have the most flattering options. I like the following stores that are online

599fashion
    ashley stewart
    size appeal
    eloquii by the limited

or if you have a cato fashions in your area they have great clothes and a even better clearance rack
  • KrystieNye
    KrystieNye Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    and btw, i kind of feel the same way your BF does. LOL i do not look like that model. those boyshorts on her size 00 frame do not look the same in a size large, they look better. :wink: haha!

I used to work at VS, and to make the clothes fit the mannequins, we would have to take XS bras and panties, and fold them in the back and pin them so they wouldn't fall off. It used to drive me nuts. Then, people would come in and see the mannequins, and say "I wish I looked like that". :noway:
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    VS = overpriced, lower quality, OVERRATED!

just my opinion
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of body bashing on this thread of smaller chested women. Calling any woman "not real" or "2x4" or "12 year old boys" just because they fit into this brand is pretty insulting. Some of you should really try to be more considerate.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    old navy and gap usually have clothes in stock all the way up to XXL. .... and while it sucks to shop at plus sized stores at times, i have noticed many stores now carry very cute and age appropriate things. when i was at my heaviest, i had a really hard time finding age appropriate things. in high school, i looked like a slob because all i wore was jeans, tshirts, and flip flops since everything i could ever find looked like it was made for a 90yr old. yeah it sucks to buy online. i hate buying clothes online, but honestly even wearing a medium top and a size 10/12 in pants, i sometimes prefer the things i find online to things i find in the store. i keep getting emails from torrid.com... and OMG i LOVE their clothes and i really wish i had known about this store when i was heavier!

I'm not a fan of Old Navy, the store smells like a warehouse and since I work in a warehouse...I'd rather avoid it if I can. There aren't any GAP stores in the area either.

I looked through some of the stuff on Torrid.com. It's cute. I prefer not to order clothes online as I like to try them on first but sometimes I have no choice if I want something that looks good and I just have to hope it fits when it gets here.

I'm inbetween departments. I wear a large on top but sometimes that's plus size and other times it isn't. Sometimes their large is roomy and others it's a medium with an extra inch of fabric. The irregularity in sizing drives me up the wall, which is why I need to try stuff on first. *sigh*

Try the Loft. They have constant 30% to 40% off coupons, and their clothes run half to a full size larger than is typical.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    That's sad :( I used to work (Manager) at VS 3 years ago and we had bras up to 38DD and panties in XL . I fit there stuff perfect and some of the medium panties are to big for me even at 5'7" 140 pounds and they gave freebies to the employees every time a new bra came out and I had a lot of plus size girls working for me. They do run small I hear but my girls wore them..I think it's just a certain body shape they cater too.. My VS stuff last longer then anything else.. I have an 10 year old bra that still looks brand new,granted I only wear it now and then because it's a convertible bra .

I hope you find something and don't let marketing or certain brands names bring you down. Your more then a label on your clothes weather it's a size or a brand name. :flowerforyou:

OP-I think your super pretty and I almost always read your post because I am interested in seeing how your doing. Good luck on your journey and remember stress contributes to weight gain. So relax and hold up that pretty chin..VS isn't ready for you but plenty other brands are :wink:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

THIS. I am so frustrated because I have the opportunity to buy a whole new wardrobe and everything I'm even remotely interested in never has my size on the rack. I'm going to have to start getting to the store for their opening hours to see if they restock regularly...

I hate Victoria's Secret. I went once and the two women who dealt with my bra inquiry were rude and called me fat. I made a complaint via their website and never heard back. I don't think I'll ever shop there even though I could fit their products now.
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh 175 and I'm a size 12 and I fit into Victoria Secret stuff. Also, so what if you have a big boob problem. There is alot worse problems. I have found one 36DD on the rack and the rest you just have to order. Buy stuff online at places where you know the pants and dresses will fit. I don't have a forever 21 or american eagle close to me but I know my size and you just purchase stuff. If it doesn't look good or you don't wear it in a certain amount of time, take it back to the store when you get in the area or ship it back. Also they do have XL's in the store you just have to do some digging and if someone is judging you for buying the biggest undies, SO WHAT! I understand not having self confidence. I'm there, I have been there forever. I don't feel great everyday but if you keep looking in the same places getting frustrated it doesn't help the situation. If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree and it will think it's stupid. - albert einstein. If you try to wear a size 8 and never look elsewhere it is not gonna work!

Also if you go with friends that are smaller than you at the mall, shoes, jewelry, and accessories fit everyone. A plain long sleeve white shirt with pants and a nice scarf with coordinating shoes is all a girl needs. Also Maurices is a great store that usually has free shipping!