Victoria's Secret and clothes shopping...uuuugh.

Options
12346»

Replies

• Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was at VS over the weekend and they had bins for their semi annual sale and there were size 40C and 40D bras there.
  • jamies76
    jamies76 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if my post seemed as if I was bashing ANY body type. Not cool. I'm glad to hear that some people CAN wear them--many of my friends with varying body types can't.

I suppose what I was trying to get across to the OP is that pinning your hopes on weighing X amount of pounds in order to wear VS clothes might result in a let-down. But I didn't word it that way, so my bad.

But I will admit that I'm extremely frustrated with and AM bashing brands whose larger sizes simply translate into longer garments with absolutely NO other difference, and I've found this to constantly be the case with VS clothes. I compare myself to all the other different women out there and I don't have any obviously skewed proportions, so there is definitely a problem.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if my post seemed as if I was bashing ANY body type. Not cool. I'm glad to hear that some people CAN wear them--many of my friends with varying body types can't.

I can't wear their bras either (32F), but making fun of people that can isn't the way to go :-)
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of body bashing on this thread of smaller chested women. Calling any woman "not real" or "2x4" or "12 year old boys" just because they fit into this brand is pretty insulting. Some of you should really try to be more considerate.

My issue for VS is that they lost what their focus is on. Now they aim advertisments to KIDS!!! Sorry but thats not what they were ment for. VS is suposed to make a woman sexy, not draw in 10 year olds and I still stand by my coment about 2x4 teenie boppers! Any woman under 14 shouldnt be in there buying these clothes but the focus has changed on them. My sister is 13 and over weight but I call her a 2x4 too, she has not developed yet. And since when is sweat pants that say "Pink" sexy?!?!?! VS though I love their bras and bikinis have lost what their main focus was.
  • jamies76
    Options

I can't wear their bras either (32F), but making fun of people that can isn't the way to go :-)

I certainly didn't intend to make fun of ANYBODY--in my opinion I wasn't. I was expressing (apparently poorly) my frustration with designers and brands who seem to me to be designing for a totally different demographic than what they are marketing for.

But again, I now see how my post could come across that way.

Peace, or more coals?
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of body bashing on this thread of smaller chested women. Calling any woman "not real" or "2x4" or "12 year old boys" just because they fit into this brand is pretty insulting. Some of you should really try to be more considerate.

My issue for VS is that they lost what their focus is on. Now they aim advertisments to KIDS!!! Sorry but thats not what they were ment for. VS is suposed to make a woman sexy, not draw in 10 year olds and I still stand by my coment about 2x4 teenie boppers! Any woman under 14 shouldnt be in there buying these clothes but the focus has changed on them. My sister is 13 and over weight but I call her a 2x4 too, she has not developed yet. And since when is sweat pants that say "Pink" sexy?!?!?! VS though I love their bras and bikinis have lost what their main focus was.

My comment shouldn't have offended ANYONE. If it does; you are too young and shouldnt be on MFP!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options

I certainly didn't intend to make fun of ANYBODY--in my opinion I wasn't. I was expressing (apparently poorly) my frustration with designers and brands who seem to me to be designing for a totally different demographic than what they are marketing for.

Peace, or more coals?

No coals. I could tell your comment (about boys with couch cushions) wasn't meant to be mean, unlike some of the other things I came across here. Sometimes as a thin woman with big boobs, I do feel oddly proportioned. When I dropped 30#, I expected a bit more to come off from the chest but it is what it is.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options

I see the frustration, but my sister is 27 and and wears a 32B and fits their bras just fine. There are adult women out there that fit these sizes, and are probably the true target audience.
  • jamies76
    Options

Peace, or more coals?

No coals. I could tell your comment (about boys with couch cushions) wasn't meant to be mean, unlike some of the other things I came across here. Sometimes as a thin woman with big boobs, I do feel oddly proportioned. When I dropped 30#, I expected a bit more to come off from the chest but it is what it is.

I get feeling oddly-proportioned. I'm an hourglass missing the top half. :) Gained over 50 lbs and not a single cup size increase.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am a 34DD and all of my bras are from VS. I wear the fabulous style and think they run a little big (in the band) compared to some others I have tried on from other stores.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    I am a 34DD and all of my bras are from VS. I wear the fabulous style and think they run a little big (in the band) compared to some others I have tried on from other stores.

I wore a 34DD from VS for years, I finally broke down and went to a specialty shop and got fitted to a 32F (which is technically a sister size to 34DD). It is amazing to have the band contact my skin all the way around and not float up at the front! So much better shaping and support! My biggest pet peeve about VS is that they try to sell you sister-sizes when they don't have you're true size in stock. I am sorry, but a 36D does not fit me the same as a 32F, even if the cup sizes are the same. Especially since even on a 32, I am using the middle clasps, not the biggest. :laugh:
  • Dawnomite
    Dawnomite Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know you said you don't care for buying online but www.barenecessities.com is where I have to find my 36G bras. You can usually always find a coupon code online and they have pretty much hassle free returns.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

Yeah, that's kinda uncool. If I did it in one of my posts I'm sorry, it would have been unintentional. >.<
  • Erisad
    Options
    VS is the most annoying place in the world to me. I can technically fit into their bras (36D) but their quality sucks and so do their prices. I don't fit into their panties correctly. I don't understand the fascination with that store. I guess they just have a great marketing team.

Here are some stores to try: Marshalls, Ross (cute lingere), Khols, Maidenform outlet, JCPenny, Sears

Actually the best bras I've ever had came from a flea market. 6 bras for $30. They carried up to a 44DD I believe. I still have them. Very supportive and great colors. You could potentially try that if you have a big flea market by you.

I don't know if I have a flea market that sells bras, most of ours are Amish flea markets with wonderful pastries. :love:

I do shop at those places now for lingerie. I guess I don't feel sexy in them I guess, then again I don't think I'll ever feel sexy as I am now as I close my eyes when I'm in the shower so I don't see myself. That and VS is like the only lingerie store in most malls so we're conditioned to think that if you can't wear their stuff, you aren't sexy.

Mhmmm pastries <3

I understand. We have been conditioned by the media that we have to wear VS lingere and look like a VS model to be sexy. But we don't! You just have to gain confidence in yourself and get some kick butt lingere from another place.

I'm not trying to say that VS is horrible or anything. I've just never had any luck at my local one. I prefer Charlotte Russe for panties. Much cheaper! They don't sell bras over a C at mine though so I can't get them *grumble, grumble*.

Edit: My issue with VS is that I don't fit correctly into their clothes, even though I technically am in the range to wear their clothes. I guess I just don't like the fit.

Charlotte Russe has panties. I never got into that store because I thought it was another skinny-minnie store. Is it? I may go into there next time. >.>
    That's sad :( I used to work (Manager) at VS 3 years ago and we had bras up to 38DD and panties in XL . I fit there stuff perfect and some of the medium panties are to big for me even at 5'7" 140 pounds and they gave freebies to the employees every time a new bra came out and I had a lot of plus size girls working for me. They do run small I hear but my girls wore them..I think it's just a certain body shape they cater too.. My VS stuff last longer then anything else.. I have an 10 year old bra that still looks brand new,granted I only wear it now and then because it's a convertible bra .

I hope you find something and don't let marketing or certain brands names bring you down. Your more then a label on your clothes weather it's a size or a brand name. :flowerforyou:

OP-I think your super pretty and I almost always read your post because I am interested in seeing how your doing. Good luck on your journey and remember stress contributes to weight gain. So relax and hold up that pretty chin..VS isn't ready for you but plenty other brands are :wink:

Awww, thanks! You're so sweet. I may have to wait until I lose another 20-50 pounds before trying to get into VS stuff again. I'll have to tell the bf to not expect me to fit into any of their stuff for another year or so as my weight loss is very slow (53 pounds over two years...come oooooon). :P
    They got rid of the XL but their larges are more like XL and M are more like larges...

Really? That's misleading. On their website it gave hip measurements for their panties and I would have to go down 2-3 inches in my hips to fit in them. Perhaps the site is inaccurate? O.o
  • Erisad
    Options
    I was at VS over the weekend and they had bins for their semi annual sale and there were size 40C and 40D bras there.

They just may not have them in the one in my area, which they should as there are lots of women my size around these parts. *shrug*
  • choface
    choface Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I weigh 175 and I'm a size 12 and I fit into Victoria Secret stuff. Also, so what if you have a big boob problem. There is alot worse problems. I have found one 36DD on the rack and the rest you just have to order. Buy stuff online at places where you know the pants and dresses will fit. I don't have a forever 21 or american eagle close to me but I know my size and you just purchase stuff. If it doesn't look good or you don't wear it in a certain amount of time, take it back to the store when you get in the area or ship it back. Also they do have XL's in the store you just have to do some digging and if someone is judging you for buying the biggest undies, SO WHAT! I understand not having self confidence. I'm there, I have been there forever. I don't feel great everyday but if you keep looking in the same places getting frustrated it doesn't help the situation. If you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree and it will think it's stupid. - albert einstein. If you try to wear a size 8 and never look elsewhere it is not gonna work!

Also if you go with friends that are smaller than you at the mall, shoes, jewelry, and accessories fit everyone. A plain long sleeve white shirt with pants and a nice scarf with coordinating shoes is all a girl needs. Also Maurices is a great store that usually has free shipping
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options

They got rid of the XL but their larges are more like XL and M are more like larges...

^ Agree. I usually wear a M but can fit XS and S at Victoria's Secret.
  • Erisad
    Options

^ Agree. I usually wear a M but can fit XS and S at Victoria's Secret.

That seems really inconsistent in terms of their sizing. How can they expect us to know which size to buy? I guess I can hold them up to me and estimate. :P