Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,403 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Cardio Blast W2. It has been a really long time since I have done this workout, and it was fun.

Laurel, Sounds like some great workouts. I will have to tell DH about that nut roller, it sounds interesting. DH did pick up two new rakes yesterday. I have been telling him that we needed new ones, because the handles on ours keep turning. His solution was to put a screw into the rake and handle. Well that did work, but now the rake fingers are either breaking or bending. I hope these ones are nice, and the nuts don't roll through the fingers. I have not looked at them yet. Oh the fun we go through when fall arrives. The mums I planted two years ago are coming up really nice right now. One of them is purple, so I'm happy.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! Nice that the barre worked so well. The new workouts are going to be DVD's, but she is adding on some of the RAW workouts. It sounds like she will be adding on finishers, from the description of the workouts. Very nice on the shooting lesson. You can't beat the weather that is around right now. If someone complains about this weather I just roll my eyes.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,756 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a tough 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride followed by Open Fit Xtend Barre Pilates 1. I really enjoyed this Pilates class. It was basic but tough. I also just got back from a nice walk. The weather here remains perfect.

Thelma, great workouts. I am really impressed so far by these Open Fit workouts. I am really looking forward to trying more. That core one you did sounds good! I love good core work. :) I am glad you were able to be outside enjoying this weather, and had a nice lesson while doing it.

Laurie, great workout. You can find the nut roller by the rakes in Lowe’s, or at least that is where we found ours. They may be hard to find right about now. Our rakes don’t do a good job at picking up our nuts since most of our nuts are pretty small. It is a good thing I love autumn or all this mess with nuts and leaves would really bother me. :D;)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B Power Walk 80s Style.
    Pickleball and Peloton Slow Flow Yoga. I felt pretty tired today so my body had me take it easy today.

Great workout Laurie! It should be fun to see what new workouts Kelly is working on! New finishers will be like. I like the RAW one she has.
    There's always someone complaining about the weather but this is as perfect as it gets.

I think this is the nut tool Laurel is talking about
    https://youtu.be/zTlC6x_zHw8

There's also this one
    https://youtu.be/XpoefI9WXHA

I thought we had walnuts but the things we have are acorns.

Laurel, great workouts! Was the Pilates class also 30 minutes long? I'm glad you liked it and that you're impressed with the classes!
    I keep thinking what a great deal this membership has turned out to be.
    I went to look at their kickboxing classes and it turns out that they are zoom classes. A tiny window shows up in the middle of the screen that you can't expand to full screen. Thank God not all the classes are like that!
    Under meditation and relaxation they have foam rolling and also a total body mobility class. I'll have to try more of their yoga classes too.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Stretch, and it felt great.

DH has to work tonight and tomorrow, so it will be just Rocket and I tonight. Kind of looking forward to an evening by myself.

Laurel, Great workouts again. Funny that I have never seen one of those tools for picking up nuts, and one would think that they would be at the garden center at least. :D Nice that you where able to get out for your walk, it you are having the same weather that we are it was probably perfect. Just love this fall weather, and so glad that we have this before we are hit with winter in full force.

Thelma, Love the sound of your workouts. So was the walk 80's music or where they wearing the 80's spandex, leg warmers and head bands. :D Thanks for the information on the pickers. Like I told Laurel, I don't think that I have ever seen them in the stores around here. Or maybe I just didn't realize what they where for. The people complaining apparently love fall. Well we are getting the fall colors without having the rain and cold. That to me is perfect, just like you said.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Cathe Live PHA Supersets followed by Cathe Live Metabolic Core. I finished it with another good Open Fit class which was Xtend Barre Flexibility and Balance 2.

Thelma, great workouts. I have felt unusually tired all week….until today. And I am so glad I feel better today because I was beginning to wonder how I would get through STS next week! I agree about the value of the Open Fit subscription. I probably won’t use a fraction of their workouts, but the ones that I will use are worth the cost. The Pilates I did yesterday was 30 minutes and is part of the Xtend Barre series, not the XB Pilates series. And, yes, that first nut roller is the one we use.

Laurie, great workout. Nothing like a good stretch to end the week. Enjoy your evening with Rocket! I completely understand about looking forward to an evening alone. Like I said to Thelma, that first nut roller is like what we use. I never noticed them either, but DH knew exactly what to look for. He’s like that when it comes to Lowe’s…..his home away from home. :D We are supposed to get rain on Sunday, but we have two more days of low eighties, sunshine and low humidity. I couldn’t ask for nicer weather right now.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was busy. We went out to dinner with some friends on Friday, a shooting party on Saturday and busy around the house with cleaning, cooking and exercise.
    The weather on Saturday was beautiful. Sunday was rainy and it will continue to rain for most of the week according to my weather app.

My workout on Friday was S&S PHA Basic Premix. Sunday: Peloton Intervals Ride and STS Meso 3, Disc 28 Chest & Back, stretching.

Laurie, good for you for adding a stretching day! I hope you and Rocket had a nice Friday evening.

The 80's walk workout used 80's music. No 80's attire thankfully!
    I had never seen those walnut pickers either but when Laurel mentioned the tool they have, I was curious and looked it up.

Laurel, fantastic workouts!

I am glad I wasn't the only only feeling extremely tired last week! I was getting worried that I wouldn't have the energy for the STS week!
    I probably won't use a fraction of the OpenFit workouts but I do like to explore.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a great weekend, and I spent a lot of the time raking up the walnuts. There are two mature trees, so the walnuts are fairly large, and two or three younger trees. We are not done with them, because there are still more in the trees. I didn't workout at all, figured that the raking was good enough. On Sunday we went to our car club meeting. This morning I did 30MTF SuperSculpt W1.

Laurel, Your workouts sound great! Love the balance work that you are getting in also. I'm sure that DH has seen those nut rollers, and probably didn't think that they work. :D I will have to tell him about them. Our grass is so dry right now, that it isn't to hard to rake them all up. We did get some rain yesterday though. We are getting a lot of pretty color changes around her now, but the temps have been great. Rocket and I had a good evening. I did spend some time making quilt blocks. I made some pumpkin blocks, but I'm not happy with the way they are laying. I may have to change the stem on them.

Thelma, Sounds like a great weekend. Nice job on your workouts also. For sure Rocket and I had a good evening. It was nice, so I took him for a short walk and then I took the time to get some blocks made. I'm making a table runner for my kitchen table. I don't have anything Halloween/Fall to put on my table except for a tablecloth. I think that on the other side of the runner, it will be leaves. Still thinking about that one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was pretty good. Our dishwasher stopped working on Saturday morning, so we had unexpected trips to appliance stores to find replacement parts and look into what we would want to buy if we have to replace it. I am so hoping the replacement part (a new heating coil) will fix the problem because I really don’t like the idea of buying a new dishwasher since this one is less then three years old. At least we can run it without drying (there is a leak from the heating element causing the machine sensor to trip….which is a good safety feature, but the leak isn’t good at all). Anyhow, aside from that, we ran a few errands, did some work around the house, and took a nice walk on Saturday (it rained all day yesterday).

For workouts, on Saturday I did XTend Barre Ballet Sculpt followed by 45 minutes of Peloton power yoga. Yesterday was Cathe’s live class from last week which was Glutes and Core, followed by a 30 minute Peloton spin and Xtend Barre Cardio 1. Today was STS Disc 28/Chest and Back, followed by Cathe Live Crossfire Express and ending with Xtend Barre Core Express.

Thelma, great workouts. Sounds like you had a nice weekend, despite the rainy weather yesterday. We share a similar forecast for the week, but the sun is shining right now. :) I was looking through Open Fit this morning and saw there is an Xtend Barre express program, and I think I am going to focus on some of those workouts during our STS weeks. The 15 minute core one I did today felt perfect.

Laurie, raking up walnuts is definitely a workout! Our weather this weekend knocked a ton of nuts out of the trees, but I know an equal amount still remain in the trees. Unfortunately it was far too wet this weekend to do much about them. I love the sound of your table runner. This is the time of year I start feeling crafty again. I just have to figure out what to work on. B) Great workout this morning.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Peloton Low Impact Ride, Xtend Barre Core Express, and Back to Your Back Flow.
    We were under flash flood warnings today but it never rained. It will probably be raining early in the morning when we go food shopping!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a great weekend and a good evening with Rocket too. You did workout! Raking is a lot of work!
    Great workout!

What a great idea to make a runner for your table! I am sure it will be gorgeous!

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend. It sounds busy though! I am sorry about your dishwasher! I hope you're able to fix it too because it's practically new!

Great workouts! I discovered the XB Express workouts too and did the same core class you did! I wanted to do a full XB class but I ran out of time and wanted to get a yoga workout in. The little Express workout was very good. I love Andrea. She is really good.

BTW, I watched DWTS and poor Cody isn't very good. The way he moves like a snake during his classes made me think he was a good dancer. He also claimed to be a dancer in his DWTS intro.
    Peloton has a new Spanish instructor and she will have her first ride on Tuesday. I may do the recorded class because it's in Spanish. I'm always curious about spinning instructions in Spanish. I'm sure it will be weird. LOL

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF BoxFit W1, sure do like this workout. I'm contemplating a Jillian workout for tomorrow. It will be one of her ab workouts, so nothing to crazy. :D I have not tried one of her workouts in quite a while.

Laurel, Sorry to hear about the dishwasher, that doesn't sound good. I was wondering how old the appliance was, since the house is brand new. They sure don't make appliances like they used to. Great job on your workouts, and I see that you are back to the heavy weights this week. Hope that you feel just as strong as you did the previous weeks. For sure this is the time of year for crafting, since the weather is starting to get cold and rainy. I also get the itch to make cookies, so that isn't a good thing either. :D

Thelma, I hope that you don't get the flash flooding. Driving in that is horrible, so I can understand why you wouldn't want to do shopping. DH and I went to Costco last night, it is a lot easier to have him along on those buying in bulk trips. Love the workouts! For sure the raking is a workout, because you really feel the upper body after that. I think I had some residual affects this morning, the boxing started out a little slow for me until I loosened up a bit.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by XTend Barre Signature 2 and 30 minutes of yoga focused on the hips. That latter workout felt fantastic after all this barre work and that spin class.

Thelma, great workouts. I did a 30 minute barre class today, and I was saying to myself it was too much the entire time!! So, again, I think it will be express workouts for me during these STS weeks. My shoulders were screaming at me, and I wasn’t even using weights! But I still enjoyed the workout. :) Sadly, I have to agree about Cody. I haven’t watched since that first week, but I expected him to be pretty fluid in his movement….and he is not. But I think his dancing background falls more in the ‘dancer for a sports team cheering squad or a pop singer’ than it does anything else, so that might explain it. We are under flood watches too. Stay safe!

Laurie, great workout, even if you did feel tight in the beginning. There is nothing like some good boxing to loosen up that body after raking. I always feel raking in the sides of my torso. My body loves these heavy weights. It is the strangest thing, but Meso 3 is the Mesocycle when my body feels best. Yes, I am pretty frustrated about our rotating appliance situation. I am losing count on how many appliances we have that have stopped working within three years. We never had this before because we rented, and everything was old. But since buying that house in Florida….it has been almost endless. And we aren’t hard on appliances!! It is just frustrating. But the part is in, so hopefully we will have it fixed after DH installs it. I am glad I am not alone in wanting to bake cookies! Cookies….and pie. :D I am fighting that right now, but all bets are off in November!!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B 1500 Steps and STS Disc #29 Plyo Legs/Stretch + stretching. That Plyo workout was a sweat fest and I even modified the jumping on the step exercises!

We had a pretty cloudy day and it rained at times. We had pretty heavy rain tonight too.

Laurie, great workout! You do like those box workouts! Good luck with Jillian!
    I don't know if we got any flash flooding tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened somewhere around here tonight though. Thankfully it wasn't raining when we went to the supermarket this morning. DH and I always go food shopping together.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you had some residual effects from all the raking you did!

Laurel, great workouts! Those little signature workouts are killers! LOL. I want to see if I can get a couple in this week. I wanted to do one tonight but I ran out of gas! LOL

My former yoga instructor told me once that people in India bathe before taking a yoga class. I discovered how good it is to bathe before yoga when I was doing the early evening classes after a tough workout. I would have time to shower between a sweaty workout and yoga class. It is such a good feeling! your body is already relaxed going into it. On Monday night I did it and the yoga class was a back class and it felt so good! I wanted to do a short yoga class tonight but I just didn't have it in me.

DWTS is definitely not worth watching. I used to love that show but not anymore.

I hope you get your dishwasher fixed soon. The previous owners here bought all Samsung appliances. The refrigerators are known to have issues and needless to say we had an issue with the ice cube water hose freezing and causing a water problem inside the refrigerator and freezing. I looked it up and found a solution in YouTube. DH was able to order the $1.00 part and fixed it himself. A lot of people get rid of their refrigerators because they don't know how to fix them. DH had to take the back wall of the inside of the fridge to get to the frozen hose.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Jillian's 30 Day Shred Workout 1. It wasn't a difficult workout, but I had fun with it. I will probably do two Kelly and one workout with another instructor. So every third workout will be a different instructor. I think that will give me the variety that I need. I was tempted to put in X10 after the 30DS, but that was after the workout was done and I really didn't have a lot of extra time. I wanted to get our walk in early this morning.

Laurel, Awesome job on your workouts! Love the work on the hips, that is one area that I have been focusing on with my stretching. Have you been cleaning during the intermission of the weights during Meso 3? :D I remember how those seemed to feel so long. I hope that your appliance is fixed also, that has to be frustrating when you have to deal with those problems. I hope that the rest of your appliances will behave themselves. We have a young lady here at work that likes to bake. She made some pumpkin cookies, and I don't usually eat treats that she makes. I decided to try one, and it wasn't good. There was no flavor to the cookies. I like pumpkin with spices, and there was nothing in these. Of course when I mentioned the cookies to my DH, he said that he would love my pumpkin cookies. :D

Thelma, Love those Plyo workouts in Meso 3. Sounds like you enjoyed it too. Our rain is suppose to happen later today, so I'm hoping that it is after I get home from work. :D My DH usually doesn't go shopping with me, so having him volunteer to go with me was nice. I think it was because our dd was home, and we would usually go shopping together.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 38/Squat Rack Legs followed by Cathe Live Jabs and Abs. I had so much fun with that one. :) DH and I also went for a long walk between rain showers. DH successfully fixed our dishwasher last night, so that is a relief. Hopefully it is a long-term fix.

Thelma, great workouts. I am going to try that Plyo one next week for sure. We have had two Samsung refrigerators and problems with the ice dispenser in both. But since our current one was on warranty, we had a guy in here a few months ago who fixed this one up perfectly. I am just so thankful when it came to the dishwasher that DH is so good at fixing things. I can see why showering before yoga would be a good idea. I think it would relax me and get me to focus on it more, to be honest. Of course, in the summer, my workout space is so hot I feel at times I am doing hot yoga, so I would probably have to shower afterwards too!

Laurie, great workout. I like the idea of adding different instructors in just for variety, and Jillian is a good choice. I don’t wander around and clean the house during these long breaks anymore…..but that is only because I would have to go up and down the stairs all the time. It was much easier to do that when we lived on one level. :D No I just wander around my workout room while reading my kindle. It really makes these workouts feel so much less tedious when I can occupy my mind like that. And I get something like 30 pages read!! :o Anyhow, I attempted to make pumpkin cookies once, and I had the same issue….no taste. I think they are better if frosted, but then all of the flavor comes from the frosting. On the other hand, apple cookies with maple frosting this time of year….so good! Now I am drooling. :p

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Perfect30 Low Impact HIIT and Refresh and Flow Yoga. My legs were feeling the plyo workout. WOW!

I couldn't sleep Tuesday night. The rain kept me awake, not because it was loud but because it was torrential and I was worried about the chickens. The chickens were fine and dry inside the coop.

We had a very nice day here. It rained at times but I was outside when the sun was out and it just felt so good!

Laurie, great workout!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I like your rotation instructor variety idea!

I actually enjoy those plyo workouts. I'm not going anywhere near the Squat Rack ones anytime soon!
    I hope your rain isn't as bad as ours has been! DH has been going food shopping with me since last year. In MA we both went food shopping on Fridays, but I'd go to one supermarket and he went to another so we could catch the sales.

Laurel, you're a brave woman for doing the Squat Rack workout! Good job with your workouts.

Thank God your DH fixed the dishwasher! Ours is going to break for lack of use! DH is a pain about using it. So I force it to use it every two weeks at least. He prefers handwashing the dishes so he washes them 90% of the time! I'd be using the machine!

I really enjoy the Plyo workouts. I just keep the step part low impact and I used 3 risers. I wouldn't shower before a tough yoga workout but I sure love doing it for a restorative or gentle flow class.

See you tomorrow ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF SuperSculpt W2. I always enjoy this workout. I have to admit that even through the Jillian workout is easy, my body was feeling that workout this morning. Of course I used way heavier weights than what they are on the DVD, so that certainly makes a difference. No walk this morning, it was pouring rain and it will be spitting all day today.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts, of course the Jabs & Abs workout would be fun. That combo is so good together. Awesome news on the dishwasher, not fun when that appliance doesn't work. I don't mind doing dishes by hand, but it sure is nice to just put them in the dishwasher after a long day. LOL on not cleaning during the breaks, and I'm impressed that you are getting that many pages read during those breaks. You will have to give me the link or the recipe for the apple cookies. My all time favorite is the maple frosting, so those are something that I would love to make. Now I'm drooling. :D I make the pumpkin cookies from All Recipes, and the spices in them are top notch.

Thelma, Great job on the workouts! Got to love it when a workout can get those legs so good. Sorry to hear that you had that worry about the chickens, and it kept you awake. You just gave me the idea to do my next instructor workout with Cathe. I love the sound of the HiiT work. That's a great way to take advantage of the sales, and not have to spend a lot of time shopping.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 30/Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. I followed it with Cathe Live Time to HiiT It: Low Impact and Xtend Barre Pilates Hit The Mat 1. I loved this Pilates class and can’t wait to try more.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope you didn’t get the rain we had last night after you had torrential rain on Tuesday. It poured buckets on us last night and parts of Alabama had flash floods. Sadly, I know of at least a few deaths. It made me happy to be on a hill, but if we had chickens….I would have been worried. I am so glad your chickens were dry on Tuesday. We washed our dishes by hand for years when we lived in Europe, but I think that is why I love my dishwasher so much. :# I just feel things are so much cleaner with it, especially when I am cooking poultry and such. But your DH is not alone in preferring to not use it. I had a friend who, when visiting, would leave her dishes on the counter instead of even opening the dishwasher and putting them in. I can’t say I loved that. B) But it was worth it to have her visit. :)

Laurie, great workout. Sometimes even those ‘not so hard’ workouts can creep up on you. I will have to look for that cookie recipe. If I recall, the last time I made them, I used a combination of two recipes (which I am prone to do), so I will have to see if I have that recorded anywhere. I am fantastic at experimenting with cooking and baking and never recording anything. But….I know I have the apple part of the cookie recipe, so that part is easy! I just have to figure out what frosting recipe I used. I just went to feed our birds. That storm last night knocked so many nuts down I could barely cross the grass. I know what I am doing this weekend. :o

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B 2000 Steps, Pickleball and STS Meso 3, Disc 30 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps, Stretching.

We had another mostly cloudy day and torrential rain in the afternoon and a little more tonight. Hopefully we're done with the rain for a while.

Laurie, great workout. Using heavier weights certainly makes a difference! Sorry you couldn't get your walk in today!

I'm so glad you got inspired by Cathe's Hiit workout! We did take advantage of the sales in MA. Not too many sales around here though!

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad you liked the Pilates workout! I haven't had much time to do XB classes but I will tomorrow!

We had torrential rains too and Thursday too. I've not heard anything about floods but I'm sure there are. It just came down so hard! I'm sorry some people died!
    I feel bad for the chickens because the coop is over soil and wood shavings get super wet. On Saturday we'll finally move them to their new digs where the floor will be sand. It's cleaner, dryer, good for their claws as well as exfoliating dust bath.

I wish I could convince DH to use the dishwasher more often. Our dishes get washed after every meal. Dishes go in the sink right away and I pour water over them to prevent food from sticking.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF BoxFit W2. Really enjoyed this weeks workouts.

Laurel, Love the workouts, and glad to hear that you are enjoying the barre classes that you are finding. I'm probably going to make some cookies this weekend now that I've been thinking about them all week. I do put maple frosting on my cinnamon rolls, just never thought about a cookie. I'm with you on mixing up recipes, it just makes for some interesting combos. If we don't have rain, then we will be outside with you getting those nuts off the ground.

Thelma, Great workouts, and of course getting in some pickleball. Dang you are getting a lot of rain. We had some yesterday, and then later today we are suppose to get some. The weekend looks fairly clear, and in the 70's so really looking forward to that. I will probably get the HiiT workout in on Saturday.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by Cathe’s live class from yesterday which was Total Body Barre—Intermediate/Advanced. Because I did STS upper body yesterday, I kept my weights very light for this workout, so it was definitely intermediate for me. I think Cathe probably filmed this one to illustrate use of her new ‘playground’ ball that she has for sale, because she did a lot of coordination moves with it. I liked this workout for today, but it really wasn’t a ‘barre’ workout at all, which is just fine. But it was good for after my spin.

Thelma, great workouts. I hope you are done with the rain. I know we are now for several days. I hope everything goes well this weekend moving your chickens into their new home.

Laurie, great workout. It is always nice to end a week and be able to say it was a good workout week. We are supposed to be up in the 80s again for about a week, so my baking desire will drop accordingly. :D But I will try to find my maple frosting recipe this weekend. Like I said, I know I have the apple cookie recipe (which calls for a butterscotch frosting, which is good too). I just have to remember how I was inspired to change it, and then I will find it. :D

Enjoy the weekend. DH is off work on Monday, so if I am not here, that is why.

Laurel