Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 75 minute ‘endurance’ spin followed by a good stretch and the 16 minute core bonus from Jessica’s new split session DVD. I like the core bonus. There was nothing earth shattering in it, and it was not particularly challenging, but it was good for a day like today. She does one round of exercises and then repeats that round, so there is also the option (and she mentions it) of just doing half of it if shorter in time.

Thelma, I am sorry you aren’t feeling well. Hopefully today is better. Listen to that body and keep your workouts light until you are feeling better. Sadly, I have to admit that Cathe has spoiled me for a lot of workout programs because of her professional production. There is no question that I see Open Fit through that lens, and outside of Andrea who is very professional, it just seems a little lacking. But I will keep looking at it after this merger because maybe being with Beach Body will change that for the positive. But like I said yesterday, Beach Body is seriously hit and miss with me and their workouts. So…...we’ll see.

Laurie, great workout. I am glad your shoulder blade is continuing to improve. That is such a painful area to injure. DH would definitely love to have that experience watching Maverick in the theater. He was able to go up into a couple of fighter jets when he was in the Air Force and loves that feeling of the G force. Me……I don’t think I would have enjoyed it so much. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,514 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B. Latin Pop Dance Cardio and S&S PHA Training. I felt better today which is a relief!
    We got a lot of rain today. It came down pretty hard.

Laurie, great workout! I'm glad your shoulder blade is feeling better and that you're being very careful with it. How is your dad doing?

I'm surprised DH hasn't said anything about to go watch this movie. I think the last time I went to the movies was in early 2020.

Laurel, great workouts! I do like Jessica's ab workouts.

Thankfully today was a better day for me. I think we're all spoiled by Cathe's professionally produced workouts. I also see Open Fit and all other workouts through that lens. Andrea is definitely very professional. I agree that the merger with Beach Body will change things for the positive. It really will be nice to have the Beach Body workouts available too.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Chris's Kick Butt Kickboxing. I always enjoy her kickboxing workouts, so it was fun to be doing this one again.

My shoulder blade is still doing great, so I must be doing something right. It seems after I used my heating pad, it seems to have improved a lot.

Laurel, Sounds like some great workouts! Can't wait for my week with Jessica, for sure I'm going to be doing that workout. One of the things that I find interesting about Beachbody is the fact that a lot of their founding instructors are no longer with them, so my interest isn't there anymore. Got to wonder how they will handle incorporating the Open Fit. I know for sure that I wouldn't be comfortable in a fighter jet, I can't stand being in a commercial plane. :D

Thelma, Great job with those workouts! I know that you really need to rain in your area, and we are having another rainy day too. My dad is doing very good. He got through the covid just fine, which I'm thankful for. He also had the flu earlier this year. The only other movie I'm interested in seeing is the new Dowton Abby.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was S&S PHA doubled premix, S&S core and 20 minutes of yoga. I thought that PHA workout was going to kill me today.

But that could be because we had the worst storm yesterday afternoon that literally snapped trees in half throughout the neighborhood. I was outside moving our deck chairs back out of the rain when I saw our neighbor’s tree snap in half, taking out a huge chunk of his new fence. A neighbor across the street had a number of trees snap, one falling on his roof. Mind you, these are trees that are 50-60 feet tall. We lost our little maple when it, too, just got snapped in half. And then the power went out. And then the flooding started. We live on a mountain, but there was so much rain (and poor drainage) that the fences of our neighbor on one side and behind were almost completely covered by water. The guy behind us had water about five feet up the side of his house. The water came up about 10-15 feet in our yard, covering all our little bushes we had planted back there. It was pretty surreal, to be honest. I have no idea how much rain we got, but I would say in excess of 5” in a couple of hours. And they are expecting more today. Thankfully we were only without power for about four hours, but it meant fried eggs from the grill for dinner….which was very good to be honest. But I feel pretty drained today after all that. We will have a lot of clean up to do, that’s for sure. But we were lucky.

Thelma, great workouts. I am so glad to hear you were feeling better yesterday. I was thinking about you last night hoping you weren’t getting too violent a storm through there.

Laurie, great workout. Glad to hear your shoulder blade is feeling well. I agree that it seems Beachbody is a completely different company to the one it used to be. I will be curious how this merger goes. I am with you in not wanting to be in a fighter jet. I get claustrophobia just looking in the cockpit! :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga and Peloton Low Impact Ride.
    We got more heavy rain this evening and I don't think we'll see rain for the rest of the week.

Laurie, sounds like a fun workout! Good job! I am so glad your shoulder blade is doing great. Great job nursing it!
    You also have been getting a lot of rain. I hope it's helping your garden!
    I'm so glad your dad is doing well and got through covid! Thank God for that! I've never watched Downton Abby. I bet the movie will be great though.

Laurel, great workouts! I can't believe you did the PHA doubled premix! I was tired doing the regular workout the other day!

OMG that was a scary storm! Were the big trees pine trees? I watched one snap in half once during a nor'easter back in MA. Was the wind really strong or was it just the heavy rain? I can't believe how much rain you got! I hope your plants will be OK. You sure were lucky!
    I can't believe you had the energy to do such hard workout after such a stressful night! I'm so glad you and your DH are OK. We didn't get any of it.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was Chris's Barre Burn. I actually like this one, so will probably try it again at some point.

Laurel, That is a lot of rain in a very short timeframe. What you are describing happened up by my parents a few years ago, and roads and bridges where completely wiped out. Glad to hear that you didn't have to much damage. Got to love eggs on the grill. ;) Almost like camping. Nice that your power was restored, it isn't fun being without power for days. We had that with a tornado that went through our area, and we didn't have power for 4 days. Great job with the workouts! Well you did do the double premix of PHA, so very much understand the feeling you had. :D

Thelma, Love the workouts! We are finally seeing some sun this morning, but we still have a chance of rain this weekend. Of course we have a graduation for my niece on Saturday, so I hope that isn't the case. My cousin an uncle are coming down, and staying in my MIL's condo. They will be about 5 blocks away from my sister, so it's almost like being in an air b&b. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a fun metabolic workout from Cathe Live called Cardio, Glutes and Core Express. It was a non-weighted workout that got into those glute muscles pretty good. I followed it with a 45 minute spin.

Thelma, great workouts. No, the trees down in our neighbors’ yards were all hard wood trees, and all very much alive. I think the leaves are why they snapped instead of the dead trees or even the pine trees. It was the wind that got them—straight line winds. I just walked around the neighborhood, and there are several trees down, but the worst of it is in a line from the house two doors down and across the street (the house has pretty significant damage), through our neighbors on one side and the neighbor behind us. Seeing that in my walk makes me think triply that we got so very, very lucky not to lose any of our big trees.

Laurie, great workout. I forgot to mention yesterday that I am so glad your dad got through COVID without any issues. That is such good news. And I too would love to see the new Downton Abbey movie….but I would have to go alone. :) I didn’t care too much for the last movie, but this one looks really good. Anyhow, I have warned my DH that he will be cooking eggs on the grill again because it really tasted good! I don’t know why they tasted different, but they did. I have to admit….I hate being without power for a long time. I think four days without power would do me in. I like hot water too much….and this time of year…A/C. I am such a wimp. B):D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B. Low Impact Cardio and
    Hip Opener Yoga. I couldn't sleep last night and I was exhausted.

We had a couple of showers this morning and lots of clouds but by 9am the sun started to shine through the clouds. It was a beautiful sunny day.

Laurie, I'm glad you liked Chris' Barre class!
    I hope you have a beautiful sunny day for your niece's graduation! Sounds like a family reunion! How nice that your cousin and uncle will be able to use your MIL's condo!

Laurel, great workout! I was actually thinking tonight that I want to do more of those floor, non-weighted leg/butt workouts.

Those must've been seriously powerful winds, Laurel! What a blessing that your house didn't suffer any damage! Sorry about your neighbors' house. I hope no one got hurt.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma

• StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Cathe’s live class from yesterday which was PHA Supersets with Ball. I really enjoyed this workout. I followed it with LITE Rev’d Up Rumble, which was perfect today.

Thelma, great workouts. I had a night like that last night with no sleep and am feeling it today as well. I am very ready for a recovery day tomorrow, but, unfortunately, we have a lot of yard clean up to do as well. At least we might get that done before the 90 degree temps hit next week! We are seeing more hummingbirds this time of year than we ever have. We had quite the eager eater visiting last night. Always makes me smile.

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend! Ours was nice and not as busy as past weekends. We are bracing for a very hot week with temps in the 90's. Chickens don't do well in the heat so today I started adding ice to their water every two hours. We've been misting the sand in their run with the hose and also watering the coop's roof so they stay cool. Thankfully the location of our coop always gets a nice breeze and they only get sun in the morning. I may have to treat them to a little misting during this hot weather. We actually may get a little rain during the week.

My workouts on Friday were Gentle Flow Yoga and KCM 30MTF Cardio Quick Fix I. I hadn't done any KCM DVD workouts in ages. I'm so glad I tried this workout because it was a lot of fun. I am definitely going to do more of her workouts.
    Sunday workouts were: KCM 30MTF Cardio Quick Fix II and Cathe's XTRAIN Chest Back & Shoulders.

Laurel, great workout combo! I hope you were able to get some rest over the weekend!
    This week is going to be brutal with the heat! I am seeing less of the hummingbirds. I thought they had disappeared again, but today we had brunch out on the deck and I saw one. It made my day!

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I wasn't on Friday, the day was typical in that everything seemed to be breaking down and need next day parts. Why on a Friday! We had a great but have to admit that I'm very tired. :D The graduation and parties went off without a hitch, and lot's of talking. ;) My oldest sister and her DH will be coming down here for the 4th since we have tickets for a ballgame. Her DH really wants to see a Brewers game. We are going to be in the high 90's tomorrow, not looking forward to that.

My workouts where Friday Chris's Walk, Sweat, Sculpt Lower Body. It lived up to it's name with all three components. :D No workouts on Saturday or Sunday, all the festivities this weekend happened in the mornings and extended into the afternoon. This morning was 30MTF Weights W1, this is one of my faves, so starting out the week with a fun one.

Laurel, Great job on all those workouts! Non weighted workouts are always good to get in, they challenge you to use your muscles in a different way. LOL on the egg cooking, of course he will be cooking them also. I remember when we where camping, and my Grandparents would come out to our campsite on Sunday morning and my Grandpa would be cooking us breakfast before we where even awake. Just the smell of those eggs and bacon had us all getting out of bed quickly. :D Everything just seemed that much better.

Thelma, Love your workouts! The Quick Fix workouts are really good. Kelly has posted a new workout on her youtube channel also. It is one of her RAW workouts, that she did in her garage. I think it is a circuit workout, just letting you know that it was uploaded. Yep it was a really good family reunion. Not everyone was there, which is to be expected. Just so many relatives that can make these things.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was good but busy. Saturday was spent on post-storm yard clean-up including pulling out and replacing our maple tree. We also planted a new crepe myrtle which I hope grows well. Yesterday was errands and some more indoor and outdoor chores, but we did take a nice walk before the really hot temperatures arrived. And they have arrived. :o It was almost 80 at 6:30 this morning and is 95 at noon. I think we may end up closer to 100 than they were predicting.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica’s 5K Fast Walk from her new series followed by 45 minutes of power yoga. Yesterday was ICE Muscle Meltdowns for Chest and Back followed by Cathe Live Cardio Kickboxing and Core. Today was a 45 minute spin into ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast. That felt good today.

Thelma, great workouts. Seems like the entire nation is heating up right now. I hope you can keep your chickens cool enough. We have had a couple hummingbirds every day now for a few days. I am so surprised to be seeing them this time of year. My poor salvia plants took such a beating in the storm, but one is beginning to come back to life, and one little hummingbird spent quite a bit of time playing in it (aka eating) the other night. Made me smile. :)

Laurie, great workouts. I am so glad you enjoyed the weekend. It sounds like good fun, though I understand feeling exhausted from it. ‘Lots of talking’ always exhausts me since I am such an introvert. B) But sometimes it is so much fun too! Sounds like you are every bit as hot as we are down here in the South. I don’t think this week is going to be much fun for anybody with the heat.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were YinYasa Yoga, Gina B Power Walk 80s Style and Barre.

Most of the day wasn't bad but it got pretty hot in the late afternoon. We had a rain shower and it made things incredibly hot. My chickens become hot and they were panting and had their wings away from their body, which told me they were hot. We ended up bringing them inside the house. I wasn't about to let them sleep outside. I would've worried about them the whole night. I was stressed knowing that they were hot. After dinner we got a cage ready with water and food for them to spend the night in. Too many people are losing their chickens because of the heat.

The heatwave will continue through Wednesday according to my weather app. Temps will go down to the high 80's on Thursday and Friday. Slightly cooler temps during the weekend and back to the heatwave next week. I don't think we've had a heatwave like this since we moved here in 2019.

Laurie, I'm glad you had a great weekend and that the graduation and parties went well. How exciting that your oldest sister and DH will join on the 4th for the Brewers game! OMG you're also having these hot temps!
    Great workouts! Thanks for letting me know about Kelly's new RAW workout on YT!

Laurel, OMG you are having really hot temps! I don't think we made it beyond 91 today. We may hit 100 next week though. I also hope your new crepe myrtles grow well for you.

Great workouts!

I am glad your hummingbirds continue to visit your feeder and flowers!
    I saw ours today too. They always make smile too.

See you tomorrow and stay cool!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

My workout was 30MTF Weights W2, always enjoy this one since it is all arms. Had a really bad drive to daycare last night with all the rain that was coming down. At some points I couldn't see out because the water was flying back up onto my windshield. Very scary. When I got to daycare I sat in my car for about 10 min. to let the really heavy rain pass. I can describe it like sitting in your car during a carwash.

Laurel, Glad you where able to get your yard work done before this heat came. I had to look up crepe myrtle, because we don't have that in this area. I remember seeing that plant when we where in TN last year. Awesome job with all your workouts! Have to love split workouts. My arms where like jello when I finished up this morning.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! Oh my on having to bring the chickens into your house, but can understand if they where not comfortable in the heat. I guess that we have suffer through this heat together. This will for sure be bringing out the mosquitoes around here, so no enjoying the warm evenings.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was ICE Rock’m Sock’m followed by the Muscle Meltdowns for triceps, shoulders and biceps. I have been playing around these last two rotations in doing some of my cardio before my weight work….just to shake things up. Some days, like today, I like the feeling of doing the cardio first. Other days….I am much better putting the strength first. I guess it all depends on how heavy I am lifting. But I have enjoyed the change.

Thelma, great workouts. I am sorry your chickens got so hot, though. We were 94 yesterday, and we may be a little warmer the next few days. Our drop in temps will come over the weekend when the high is 90, and then, like you, we start pushing that 100 degree mark a little closer. I remember back in October 2019 we had one week—the first week in October—where we were in the high 90s/low 100s. But that felt differently because it wasn’t as humid, and the days were shorter. We haven’t had this kind of heat and humidity in June before. But this entire year has been a very different year weather-wise than what we have had here before. Can’t say I love the change. :#

Laurie, great workout. But yikes on the rain storm. Those kinds of storms when driving scare me to no end. I am glad you made it through safely and waited until it let up a bit before your return drive home. My in-laws had a crepe myrtle in Florida, and that’s the only reason I knew what they were, but even then my DH had to point them out to me when we moved here. I am just not knowledgeable about different types of trees, bushes or flowers at all, especially down here where there are so many things I have never lived around before. But it makes it fun to explore the local nurseries. :) I love split workout weeks. They are my favorite….well, that and circuits. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Jessica Smith Walk a 5K - Steady Walk and XTRAIN Bi's and Tri's.

I think today was less humid than on Monday. The chickens did much better today. I kept adding a frozen water bottle to their waterer and I watered their sand every two hours and we had a fan on them all day long.
    It looks like the days in the 90's for this week got extended through Friday. The girls will be sleeping inside until this heatwave is over because I'm afraid they'll suffocate inside the coop.

Laurie, great workout!
    I remember driving through storms like that in MA, very scary! I'm glad you made it to the daycare safely.

We do have to suffer through the heat together! I normally would stay inside the house where it's nice and cool. I literally have to suffer with the chickens because I'm spending time outside with them. I don't even think the mosquitoes like this heat either. All that rain you got will definitely bring the mosquitoes out.

Laurel, great workouts! I always do my cardio before I lift because I have more energy then.

You are definitely a little warmer than we are. I agree that we haven't had this kind of heat and humidity in June before. I we won't keep having heatwaves though. I miss the cooler temps!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Build & Burn Cardio Core, of course one of my favorites.

Laurel, Nice workouts! That is great that you are mixing up the workouts like that. I always refer to the CTX series, where she did the cardio before the weight work. I always enjoyed that mix. You and I both enjoy those circuits, but I guess that we need to change it up once in a while. :D There are some very beautiful plants that we can't enjoy in this area, because of our winters. I guess that I will just have to enjoy seeing them when we travel. ;)

Thelma, Great job with your workouts! You are truly doing a great job with helping your chickens during this heat. I don't know if I could be that dedicated. Our heat is a little less this morning, but the humidity is not fun. It just gets to hot to moves around sometimes.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin, Lean Legs and Abs and yoga. It felt good today despite the heat.

Thelma, great workouts. I so admire you for how you care for your animals. Right now, there is, literally, no end in sight for the 90s for us. Having lived in Florida, I know we will eventually adjust to it a bit. But DH and I just came back from a walk, and I am drenched and spent! I think mid-day walks may be off the table next week when it is supposed to be hotter.

Laurie, great workout. I love cardio core workouts. I did cardio before weights up until the STS series, and since then, I have done it in reverse. I just couldn’t imagine doing STS effectively after cardio. But it feels good to return to the old pattern for some of the less intense more endurance workouts. Like Thelma, I feel I have more energy for the cardio, but the strength workouts don’t seem to be suffering from it. I will keep shaking it up throughout I’m sure. But it feels good to have, after 13 years, pushed myself out of a rut. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Gentle Flow Yoga, Gina B's 3000 Steps and Total Body Tristes Lower Body Split.

It was another hot one here but at least there was a nice cool breeze most of the day. I felt really tired today. I think it may be because of the heat.

Laurie, nice workout!
    We're trying to keep the chickens comfortable and so far so good. I just can't imagine running outside just to find out that the chickens died because of the heat.

The humidity isn't fun at all. I'm always amazed to see runners out on weather like this!

Laurel, great workouts! I read that Cathe isn't feeling well and cancelled tomorrow's Cathe Live class. I can't believe you went out for a walk in this heat! The sun feels soooo strong. Good idea to stay away from mid-day walks for now.
    Our weather forecast keeps changing. Now there are more days next week week in the 100's.

DH and I see our animals like family so we do whatever it takes to take care of them.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was 30MTF Step Boxing 2 Workout 2. Always enjoy working simple step routines with boxing.

I will probably not be on tomorrow, we are leaving very early tomorrow morning to get on the Lake Express Car Ferry. We just don't want to have to drive through Chicago and Gary IN with the Olds. Hopefully Lake Michigan is calm. :D

Laurel, Great workouts! I like how you said despite the heat, it is amazing how even a simple workout is tougher with all the sweating that goes with the humidity. My basement is cool, but I'm sweating buckets. :D Yup getting into that rut is why I think this type of rotation is good. I'm mixing in different instructors, and the rotation forces me to look at workouts that I have not done in a while.

Thelma, Very nice workouts! Glad to hear that you had a breeze with those warm temps. Running in these temps takes dedication for sure. We had so much dew on everything this morning, it was dripping off the windows. Of course it was cooler outside, but still sticky. So glad to hear that your chickens are getting through all this heat.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie