Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Saturday I did Kelly Coffey-Meyers Total Body Kickbox, the combined premix. I love this workout, it is more upper body than kicking, but sometimes I just like to punch. The first workout reminds me of her kickboxing one, and the second workout uses weights. The back of the box says 1-5 lbs depending on how advanced you are. I kept my weighted gloves on, and added 3lb weights. The upper body was really toasty when I was finished. Sunday was Bobs Beginner's Weight Loss Transformation, and added on the ab work that is also included. I did the Bun Burner from his Ultimate Cardio workout, they both are around 10 min. each. Today was Michelle Dozois Peak Cardio Interval Burn. :heart: Just love this one.

Tami, Almost sounds like you where doing Bob's workouts. He has you holding plank so long, that sweat is dripping down your face. I just keep thinking to myself, this is great for the core, this is great for the core. :laugh: I was looking at the rotation for tomorrow, and he put a note next to the workout title saying "This is HARD" Oh my am I going to have fun tomorrow.:noway:

Thelma, Some of Bob's workouts are on youtube. He does a lot of shoulder work, just so you are aware. The BL workouts are very lame, I think the only ones that I would consider on those are the yoga ones that Bob does. One thing Bob is really good at is yoga. :wink: I think both Bob and Jillian talk a lot in their workouts, but you don't notice Bob as much because he doesn't yell at the exercisers. :happy:

Michelle, How cool that you could use your mask. Glad to hear that your remedy worked so well for you dd's ears. Sounds like you have a great idea on the workouts. I have been enjoying all those instructors workouts. Thought I would add in some Jillian, while I'm at it. I'm somewhat following a rotation that Bob had created, and inserting some workouts in places that he has put rest days. I am thinking of adding in the Killer Buns & Thighs workout on the days he has the 3 10 min workouts for abs and glutes.

Laurel, Great job getting that much packing done. :drinker: Great workouts! I like how you combined those plyo workouts. Somewhere in this rotation the yoga workout is going to come up, and I'm looking forward to it. I really do think that one is a winner also. Wish he would come out with another one.

Have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, glad you all had a nice weekend. Mine was super busy but it was good. My Turbo Barre DVD arrived on Friday and I did the Lower Body Express on Saturday. My thighs felt like the lead the next day. Sunday I did my usual spinning workout while I watched my recorded shows. I must've been leaning too much on the barre that I did something to my pecs. There is a lot of tightness in the armpit area. I've been massaging and stretching and today it felt better.
    I liked the Turbo Barre Lower Body workout that I did it again today. I need all the hard work I can get on these legs of mine! This time I was very careful about not leaning too much on the barre. My legs don't feel like they're going to feel like lead tomorrow which is good! I have PT tomorrow which means a short workout afterwards.

We had a lot of errands to run on Saturday. Our last stop on the errand trail was Lowe's and while we were there I checked out the summer plants. I knew we wouldn't have space for plants in my Outback because we were buying mulch but I managed to squeeze two tomato plants in the car! I got an early tomato and a hybrid grape tomato named Tami! LOL
    A couple of weeks ago I got a 6 pk of cauliflower and one of broccoli. I planted my veggies on Saturday. DH told me on Saturday that we were going to need more mulch so I did the unheard of and I got up early on Sunday and went back to Lowe's with him at 7:30 AM! I had an ulterior motive to get up so early and actually go to the hardware store. I was going back to pick these beautiful hanging plants I spotted on Saturday :bigsmile: We got 3 and those go in these heavy terracotta planters we set out on a stone wall in front of the house. They look so beautiful plus the are these Petunia like little flowers which are some of my favorites. I can never remember their name so I just looked it up: Calibrachoa. I love them because they flower like crazy and they attract my beloved hummingbirds. Here are some pictures of the flowers http://tinyurl.com/k6bknf3

Michelle, WOW! You look gorgeous on that picture! I didn't recognize you at all. I thought we had a new member! :laugh: I'm so glad you had a great time at the ball and what a fun theme! Sorry about your little girl's earache! Is that compress applied over the ear? Thank God for home remedies and late night stores!
    DH has been doing the yard work here since I can't be out in the sun. The only time I can help is before 8AM or in the late afternoon. He usually gets up early in the AM and goes out to do the yard stuff. He's so good! :love:
    Thanks on the weight loss! I think I need to drop at least 12-15 lbs more! I'm done shopping in the attic. Nothing else up there I can wear.
    I'm going to have to check out Bob's workouts. Obviously these are not the Biggest Loser workouts that I purchased a while ago! He is a good trainer on the show so I'm sure his "solo" workouts are great. I couldn't do them given the fact that I can't do weights yet. I'm glad you're still getting your workouts in and that you're being good to your knee.

Laurel, great workouts! You sure are working out hard! I can't believe you guys are 75% packed! That is amazing! :drinker: Unpacking is much harder than packing that is for sure!
    My shoulder wasn't hurt badly when I moved the bike. Thankfully by the end of the day it was feeling pretty normal. The thing that scared me though was what I did to the pecs doing the Barre workout. Feeling better today which is a relief. I really, really like that Barre workout Laurel. I've not had time to do the ab section but will do it one of these days. I forgot to tell you that I'm getting a 5 dish DVD changer. Those things aren't made anymore! Found a new one on eBay for auction but it ended up costing way too much so DH checked out the used ones and got me one for $65 BUT it didn't have a remote so he bought one for $50!!! This will allow me to combine sections from multiple workouts which is awesome. I hope the thing works! Thanks for the kudos on the weight loss and workouts despite the injury.

Tami, awesome workouts this weekend! You were on FI-YA with all those calories you burned! Sorry you had to miss your BC class but it was for an awesome cause! Everybody at your gym must be thrilled that the unhappy trainer left. You're going to spend more time at the gym now that Katy and Amy may be taking over those classes!

Laurie, you did great with those workouts! I can't wait to be able to box again! I bet your upper body was pretty toasty after that workout with the weighed gloves and 3 lb dumbbells! :drinker:
    I just checkout a couple of Bob's workouts in You Tube and they look great! These are NOT the BL workouts which are so lame as you said. I think I'm going to do the leg workout Bob has in You Tube. I'll just take the iPad with me to the basement! I have to shape up these thunder thighs! I knew Bob was good with Yoga because his yoga workouts on the show look awesome. These is something annoying about Jill talking to the people working out. Bob is totally different. I don't mind him talking.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was another intense workout. I started with STS Disk 3/Legs. These Meso 1 leg workouts are SO good. My legs felt a little rubbery after, but I went on and did To The Max Extreme premix. So much fun! The legs loosened up after a few minutes, and I just really enjoyed pushing the workout today. :drinker:

Tami, boy was I thinking of you yesterday afternoon when I went into my workout room only to discover it had been invaded by ants! :noway: At least we had some spray, but all I could think of was you working out with ants last week! This morning my workout room was okay.....but they invaded our bedroom. :grumble: Now I feel itchy everywhere. :laugh: Anyhow, I guess I am glad your BC/Spin instructor has officially left. I really hope whoever replaces her has more enthusiasm for the job. Great job with the workouts over the weekend. That Upper Body Trisets and Cardio Core Circuit combo sounds fantastic.

Laurie, wow...what a weekend of workouts! Sounds like some great variety in your program right now. The Bob workouts sound really good. I am still not buying new workouts......at least for a little while. I am tempted by P90X3, but not tempted enough to buy......yet. :laugh:

Thelma, so glad you enjoyed the barre workout! It is sneaky tough for me. There are parts I still can't get through without taking a break because of muscle burn. I love to do that one when I have the time. Sounds like you and your DH are getting in some good garden work. DH and I were talking about that this past weekend. We both are so anxious to actually settle in some place so we can plant a garden. We both grew up with backyard gardens and I still miss the flavor of fresh veggies and fruits. Someday.....soon!! Congrats on the 5 Disc changer! I hope it works for you! No doubt they aren't making them anymore since so many things are going digital. Glad you found one.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

I didn't do the Bob workout that I had planned, the bunion on my foot started acting up after yesterdays workout. So I decided to do a weight workout, probably for the best. I did Supreme 90 Days Chest & Back and followed that up with Kelly Coffey-Meyers 30MTF Weights Back, Legs & Chest. Overall that was a great combo, and I don't know why I had not thought of that earlier. Lots of push ups, and happily I did all of them on my toes. :bigsmile: Guess all that plank work has been a bonus. :laugh: Now I'm wanting to continue with this S90D/KCM theme. Will see what I can come up with while I sit at dd's dance class tonight.

Tami, Guess we must have posted yesterday not to far apart. Great workouts! I'm saving all my new workouts for when we start our rotation. Hope you where able to get all the flyers ready. All that prep and then the event is done and over before you know it. Wonderful cause though.

Thelma, Good to hear that your DVD has arrived, and that you had a chance to try out the workout. That is something that I have to be aware of also, tend to lean to much when doing that type of lower body work. Nice that you where able to get some plants, it is still to cold around here to do anything like that. But we are suppose to warm up this weekend. We will see. :laugh: Glad that you found a workout of Bob's that you could try out. I just wish my foot wasn't acting up.

Laurel, That is really working the legs good! :happy: I have to watch my spending also, and yes those P90X3 workouts really do look good. I think that I'm going to go for the PiYo workouts that Chalene is coming out with in June. I just hope that they are going to be good. They look like they would be a good compliment to weight work.

I have to get going, have about 45 min. before we need to leave. Still have not eaten yet.

Talk later,
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well I made a good dent in the flyers for the Special Olympics event. :drinker: Only have about 7 more to go! This year he has already doubled his donations from last year. So great and such a fabulous cause. I'm happy to help.
    This a.m. I did XT: Cardio Leg Blast & I am headed to Insane X tonight! :wink: Hoping we are in the gym tonight …. It’s open again! WooHoo. No ants there :huh:

Laurie: Great job with the workouts over the weekend & yesterday! :bigsmile: Thanks for the info on KCM Total Body KB. I have heard that one is good. Nice to know. . . I can add it to my “list” :wink: That’s funny on BH. Note to self “this is HARD” … I do that on my step choreography challenged workouts so I am prepared for frustration or move one. :laugh:
    Thanks for the nice words about the Special Olympics .... it really is a great cause and the only fundraiser they do in our area. DH has worked really hard to make it a huge success again this year. :bigsmile:

Thelma: Great job trying out your new Turbo Barre workout. :smile: I need to get that one out one of these days and try it again. It’s been a long time. Nice to know I’m named after some cute little tomato’s! :laugh: How nice to get some plants going …. Always fun this time of year. I will look at that link. I am happy about her leaving actually – this way we will have better instructors filling those spots! :drinker: I will find out tonight who filled in last night. Thanks for the kudos on the workouts … they felt good forsure!

Laurel: Another fabulous combo today!!! WooHoo:drinker: :drinker: Good grief, and then you did To The Max Xtreme :noway: :noway: …. Yowsa. NICELY Done. That’s funny you were thinking of me with those ants. Were they the big black fatties? So ugly and yes, with my black hands on the pavement and squashed ants I really needed a shower. Fingers crossed we are inside tonight. Not trying to be a pretty pretty princess but yikes. By the way, I forgot to answer you. Yes, I am going to see my sister and my mom will be there and my hubby is going this time too! It will be a quick trip but lots of fun!

Hope you all have a great evening ~ See you tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! My PT went very well today. I graduated to bicep strengthening exercises with 1lb dumbbells and will get a couple more exercises on Thursday. My pecs have recovered nicely since the mega shock I gave them on Saturday by leaning too much on the barre. I kept on massaging and stretching the area and that is good. I scared myself big time because I thought I'd had a setback. Mark told me that as long as I recovered I'm OK. I did CrossFire tonight. I train with Sarah tomorrow.
    Since we've been talking about Bob Harper I just ordered a DVD that seems to do a lot of leg work: Ultimate Cardio Body. As long as he does squats, lunges, jumps and leg related things I'll be OK.

Laurel, that is a killer leg workout! WOW! That STS leg workout is really good. I can't believe you had ants all over your workout room and your bedroom! I hate bugs!
    I really liked the leg section of the barre workout. I can't believe I lasted through the entire leg routine! I am not sure I could do the entire DVD though. I'm sure the entire thing is very hard. You and your husband are going to love gardening in FL! I don't know how much rain you'll get there but we collect rain in rain barrels which we use to water our veggies and flowers with. We use watering cans.

Laurie, great weight workout combo today! Sorry about your foot! I have a bunion too but thankfully mine isn't painful. Had considered having a bunionectomy but I heard it's painful and then forget about the down time! I'm excited about the plants. I had them on our front porch for a about two weeks but was waiting till we were beyond the danger of frost. Do you have that Ultimate Cardio Body DVD?

Tami, glad you made a good dent on the flyers for the Special Olympics event! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I'm so glad the donations for this year have been so generous! It is a wonderful cause!
    Great leg workout! I hope your Insane-X class was indoors tonight! The barre workout is awesome. I love the fact that Cathe does all these premixes and that one of the premixes is just the leg routine which is really the bulk of the workout. I had to laugh when I read the tomato plant's name. Too funny. I always buy grape tomato plants and I don't even know if I ever pay attention to the names until now! LOL Can't wait to find out what the scoop is at the gym!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! The moving fatigue is beginning to set in. Yesterday afternoon was some tough work around the house--moving furniture, wrapping heavy stuff, etc. Of course, I was alone, so I was tired by last night! I woke up this morning feeling everything everywhere in my body. :laugh: After moving around a bit, though, I most especially felt my legs and thought 'Meso 1 Legs'. :tongue: Those workouts always get me. But I managed to muster up the energy to do my workouts today, and I am glad I did because my body feels SO much better. I started with STS Disk 2/Back and Triceps. Like I have done on all my STS workouts this week, I actually took the weights up a bit. I followed it with Cross Fire Extreme premix, which was perfect for loosening up the legs.

Tami, fantastic job with the Special Olympics. I really admire and appreciate you and your husband for working on them. So fantastic! I am anxious to hear what you learned about the new gym instructor. I have my fingers crossed for good news. The ants that invaded were the small sugar ants, which I usually have gotten in my kitchen. But since we have little food left in the house, they apparently were searching other rooms. :wink: So far today I haven't seen any swarms. One did stagger across the workout floor while I was doing my core work, but I think the bug spray is still working because he died mid-room. :ohwell: Glad you are going to see your Mom too in LA and so glad DH can join you!! Should be great fun. I know I say this every time you go there....but I really miss LA still. :blushing: Love that city for some reason.

Laurie, sounds like a great workout combo. Please let me know about those Chalene workouts if you get them. I still love Turbo Fire so very much, but those are the only workouts of hers I own. I could probably be persuaded to change that. :wink:

Thelma, glad to hear you are continuing to make progress with your arm/shoulder. I am sure the reassurance from the PT sounded good. I think we will get a fair bit of rain in Florida. I know the lawn is watered with reconstituted water so it doesn't add to our water bill. That's helpful! I am looking forward to rain again. Here we either have dry or snow. Rain is a rarity. I love rain.

Off to clean the ovens. Not my favorite job, but it should be easier on my body than yesterday's marathon. I may not be here tomorrow (I have two morning meetings) so enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well we had Amy again last night, in the gym (no ants) :laugh: She is truly Katy’s twin. She had us warm up running lines after several back and forth across the gym of other craziness :noway: Then we went into a normal Insanity round of 3-4 exercises at 45 seconds each. The lines at the beginning made me tired ….. I pushed myself to finish 1 & 2 with another guy :wink: Which made me happy! :wink: This a.m. was XT: Bis & Tris w/ 100 Rep Challenge – Headed to Spinning tonight.

Thelma: Yay on your PG going well yesterday!!! :drinker: Always a good thing to hear. I think you will love Bob Harper. I have about 4 of his workouts and have enjoyed them a lot. As Laurel mentioned the other day, his Yoga workout is also one of my favorites. All of which I have not done in a long time, but still very good. He is just like he is on the Biggest Loser. I’ll look and see if that is one of them that I have. Thanks so much for your positive comments on the flyers, it’s encouraging.:smile: I think the event will all come together beautifully tomorrow. So I guess the scoop on the instructor …. She was tired of the “politics” at PEAK and so she decided to just leave. :huh: I guess they told her they didn’t need any notice, they would cover her classes. So it sounded pretty mutual after she was trying to sort of leave them high & dry so to speak.
    So they haven’t determined who will be taking BootCamp but the lady that taught it on Monday is really a good instructor from what I have seen. She is changing the format …. Not to RUNNING Camp either :drinker: WooHoo! It will be called “Fast” which will alternate Cardio and Weights I guess. Sounds interesting and very similar to our normal BC format.

Laurel: I bet you are getting very exhausted with all that your are doing :noway: On top of your amazing workouts by the way! Don’t wear yourself down too much lady. Fantastic job again today. I do know what you mean that sometimes even through the “tireds” once you get it done you feel way better! :bigsmile: Thanks to you as well for the positive thoughts on the Special Olympics. It is such a great cause and is so amazing the money and donations this year. Last year it made me teary, I can't imagine how I will feel this year. I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds tomorrow night. Yes, I love LA too – just the few times I have been there. I can see why you miss it. Hang in there with all that you have left thinking of you! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Evening Ladies,

Just finished up with Jillian's Killer Abs Workout 1 and S90D Ultimate Ball, the core is worked really good. :wink: I'm sure that I will probably have some sore muscles tomorrow. :laugh:

Tami, Great news on not having ants to ruin all your fun. Two tough ladies to give you a good workout! WTG on getting all those flyers done. Ya I think that Kelly kb workout is a keeper, just love that second workout for the toasty feeling you get after your done. I think these S90D workouts are going to be just what I need for pre-Cathe. I like mixing them with other instructors though, because I think that the warm up would probably get to me eventually. Today I did Jillian as a warm-up:noway: . :noway: tough workout though.

Thelma, Great news on the PT! That must give you some positive vibes. Yes I do have that BH workout, but I have never tried it yet. I was going to do the core workout, but didn't have enough time tonight. I'm hoping that next week I can work it in with Ultimate Ball. The bunion only bothers me when I do high impact side to side. I love that Peak workout, but it can be tough on that bunion sometimes. My work shoes don't help all that much either.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts, and getting all that furniture moved. I bet you where moving a bit slow to begin the day. :wink: I will let you know about the PiYo workouts, it just seems like a great way to get yoga/core work done. I believe that most of the workouts are under 40 min. I think I remember the set being a reasonable price also.

Have to get dinner done,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my PT session with Sarah was good. Physical therapy tomorrow.
    Laurel, great job on the workouts despite feeling so tired from the packing activities! Why hire movers when you're so strong? :laugh: Way to go on the weight increase for your STS workouts too! :drinker:
    It was really comforting when the trainer reassured me that as long as I recovered from a "shock" things were good.
    You are going to love the rain in FL Laurel!

Tami, Doing great with that XT routine! How wonderful that Amy taught the class last night and that she graduated with flying colors from "Katy's training school!".
    At least that other trainer didn't get fired and sounds like the gym has everything under control.
    I can't wait to receive that bH workout Tami. Let us know how the fundraiser went!
    Who's going to take care of your kids when you to to LA?
    Laurie, WTG with those ab workouts! I hope that bunion is less painful. Are you saving that Bob's DVD for the rotation in June?

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Laurel,

I've put your total body weight lifting DVD suggestions to good use.

They are a nice break between meso quarters! :) Admittedly, each one of the workouts has a killer section where I keep dropping weights as I attempt to get through the entire rep cycle!!! Wow. :laugh:

I've done Muscle Endurance, Power Hour, and Total Body so far. High Reps is Friday. I *may* have been a bit greedy with Cathe's 30% off sale ... :blushing: ... I felt like I really scored when I found the Meso 3 squat DVD on daily deal for $19.97. Woohoo!

Thank you for the DVD WL advice.

Kira (who's hip flexors were fried by Cathe's Flex Train)
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Very quick check-in today as I just got home from meetings and now have a ton of moving chores to do. But I wanted to say 'hi'. I got in a good workout this morning before my meetings--X77. Absolutely love that workout!

Tami, interesting news from the gym. The new class sounds great and, like you said, more like a typical BC class. Good for Amy stepping right in there and kicking it up a notch!! Sounds like a tough class. Thanks for the good advice to not push things too hard. I keep thinking about that long drive to Florida and how good it is going to feel to do--and think of--nothing for a couple of days! Six days and counting! :drinker:

Laurie, sounds like a killer core combo! No doubt you have some sore muscles! Glad you are enjoying the S90D workouts!

Thelma, glad your training session went well. Hope PT is good as well. No sooner than I said I love the rain.....and it is raining here. :ohwell: But it is cold! There is snow in the high country and they are talking snow here on Sunday/Monday. So I think Florida rain will still beat this!

Kira, so glad to hear you are enjoying your new workouts! I love Total Body workouts between rotations or Mesocycles as well. For the past several months, I have been adding one total body workout per week, and I really enjoy the variety that adds to my routine. So enjoy!!

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Another amazing Spin class last night! :bigsmile: I’m not sure why but the last two nights at the gym have been extra WARM. So it was a sweatfest/calorie burn forsure! No workouts today, :sad: I needed to go into work early and finish up some last minute things for DH fundraiser. They were going in to start decorating and picking up all the last minute donation baskets.

Laurie: Love it that you’re mixing in some good ol S90 workouts in the mix! :smile: I had to laugh when you mentioned getting tired of the warm-up .. :laugh: I completely remember that and it was my one little complaint on those is the same warm-up every day. Minus a couple of them. I will definitely look into that other KCM workout then if it’s a keeper. What are PiYO workouts? I must have missed you guys talking about those. Sounds like a perfect combo. :wink:

Thelma: Nice work with your PT session and hope physical therapy goes well today. :smile: I will let you guys know all about the fund raise tomorrow. I’ll be excited to report in on that. :drinker: I did forget to mention that yesterday at our office meeting I was honored for my 20 Years of service here (officially tomorrow is 20 years). They had a nice speech and had me come up in front of everyone and gave me a beautiful watch. It’s very fancy. They also gave me a card and wrote some very nice things, thanking me for being so loyal & such a great employee. Those kinds of things. Really made me feel nice, I was shocked actually with the production of it all. Especially with our merger and everything else that has happened this year. :ohwell:
    It’s so funny you ask about my “kids” while we are gone. I have already started the pre-stress over that very thing.:blushing: It is always my one thing I worry about when we go out of town. I have a girl at work that is great and will come by to feed them but I would love to maybe have them stay at my in-laws while we are gone or even if they could stay at our house. So they have love & attention vs. just some quick feedings and the person is gone. So I’m working on it still .

Laurel: Yowsa! Way to get in X77 prior to your long day. :drinker: That is a great one though. Being fresh in my mind still from just a couple weeks ago …. Nicely done. :bigsmile: WOW! 6 days. :noway: I’m glad you are looking forward to that “down time” driving. I would have the big dread factor going, but I guess you do have to make it an adventure and take advantage of it being what it is. Good on ya for that! Plus you will have your road trip workouts to look forward too. :wink:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, my PT session went really well. I was there for 2 hours tonight doing all the exercises. I think about 20 exercises to do. I do 3 sets of 15 for each one of them. Now we're totally working on strengthening the rotator cuff, bicep, shoulder blades. Since I was throbbing from Tuesday's deep tissue massage all day yesterday Ian went easy on me today. I'm still all bruised up though. I happy to have finally gotten to this point and I'm using 1-3 lb dumbbells.

I lost 2/10's of a pound this week. I'll take it! I'm off tomorrow and I'll be able to sleep in a little but I have a busy day ahead of me with a lot of errands to run. So much for taking a day off!

Kira, good to hear from you! Awesome job on those workouts! :drinker:

Laurel, you're incredible! Getting an awesome workout in before your meetings and packing duties! :flowerforyou:
    I can't believe you only have 6 more days before you start your journey to FL! How is the packing going?
    Funny about the rain! I'm sure it is cold there!

Tami, I'm glad you had an amazing spinning class! I can't stand it when gyms are hot. You guys must've been dripping sweat all over the place! LOL I know how much you hate to miss a workout but just keep reminding yourself that it is for an amazing cause! :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations on your 20th anniversary at work! WOW! That is a long time! Good for you. What a nice surprise you received from your company and co-workers!
    Can't wait to hear all about the fundraiser! I knew you'd be worrying about having to leave the kid behind while you and your husband go to LA. I go through the same thing all the time. It would be nice if you could leave them at your in-laws for sure. Of course the dogs would be more comfortable at home. Could you get your co-workers to feed them and your in-laws to visit with them at a different time?
    I have a pet sitter who comes 2 times a day to feed the cats. We leave her typewritten instructions on how to feed them and anything else the cats need. We leave them contact and vet info just in case. I wish we had someone come to stay at the house with the cats so they're not alone for an entire week but no such luck. We have two kitty cams so I can check on the cats constantly. I'll worry even more this time since Bella has asthma. Bailey now has allergies too! He's been sneezing a lot. Can you believe it? I've started to give him a homeopathic remedy and it is helping a lot.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Happy Friday!! Boy, today started out as a pretty low energy day, though my workout has helped. What I don't think is helping right now is the weather. We had snow again yesterday. Well, more like ice really. It was all frosty this morning. And they are predicting 5+ inches (maybe up to a foot) on Sunday! :noway: :angry: :explode: Yes, that is the day we are going to start loading the truck. To say I am anxious to get out of here right now would be making a very mild understatement. Anyhow, I think all of that combined with everything else going on had me waking up today in not such a great frame of mind. :blushing:

But my workout did help. I started with STS Total Body, which I still think is one of Cathe's best total body workouts. I followed it with a fun fave--Rockout Knockout. And that seems to have 'knocked' :wink: some of the funk out of me. Later today I get to start dismantling my workout room. :sad: But I will leave everything I need to get through STS until we go! :tongue:

Tami, I hope the fundraiser went well! I am anxious to hear about it. Happy to hear the gym workouts have been good, though, like Thelma, I am not a fan of a hot gym. So I admire you for pushing through. I really am looking forward to the drive, though by the second day, after staring at the back do a UHaul truck for hours on end, I may have some different thoughts. But DH leads when we drive together (and I am perfectly fine with that!) so I won't have much of a view!

Thelma, glad the PT went well! Sounds like you are really making some progress if you are up to 1-3lb weights! That must feel fantastic. Great news on another week with some weight loss! :drinker: Packing is going well. I spent all of yesterday cleaning, which is no fun. That may have explained my mood this morning! :laugh: But I want to get as much of that done since DH really isn't going to have time to do it when he is back here alone. Today I have packed my suitcases (for the trip down and for my time back here in June). And now.....I get to start packing the workout room which is really the last room I need to work on. This afternoon--after another meeting--I will do more cleaning. :ohwell: So we are getting there!!

Hope you all have a great weekend. And for those who are mothers, Happy Mother's Day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~

The Special Olympics fundraiser went AMAZING! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: Once again I am so proud of DH for pulling off such an amazing event. He went into his contact list and called his friends too to get as many people there as possible. Truly in one year the attendance and donations grew 100%! It was an amazing turnout, lots of fun and he doesn’t have the final number yet but from what he estimated it is $25-28,000!!!!!! :noway: :bigsmile: :drinker: Again I say, AMAZING! One of the Special Olympics participants came up to him afterwards and was really excited about the event and told him some of his ideas for next year and he would like to see himself up on the big screen. Really sweet! Brett told him he would get a hold of him when the committee starts meeting next year. A lot of his friends/business associates said they would love to be more involved next year, etc. So already it will grow again next year. My boss was there and she was thrilled with what he had put together along with all the flyers I made. She did say she had received so many comments about how classy they were …… made me feel good that she shared that with me.
    Needless to say, we went out with some friends after the event, Brett finally ate and celebrated and we didn’t get home until midnight. I didn’t even attempt to get up this a.m. to workout. :yawn: I am going to Spinning tonight though. Katy has the Friday night class now!!!! Woo Hoo! :drinker:

Thelma: Thank you so much for your encouragement and enthusiasm for the fundraiser! :smile: I agree, missing a workout is not my favorite thing at all but for this kind of a cause and to celebrate the success with friends afterwards was priceless! Great job with the PT. I’m happy to hear it went so well. Great job on the weight loss forsure! :drinker: Woo Hoo for you.

Laurel: OMG! What in the world is going on there?!?! SNOW. :grumble: I’m so sorry. Bad timing forsure :sad: Soon you will be on the road. Sorry to hear the workout room is all packed up minus what you need for your “on the road workouts” So great by the way I have to say again. :wink: Keep up the great work with packing! Hopefully tomorrow is your REST day from workouts. Sounds like you might need it with that weather, etc.

Happy Mothers Day! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies on Monday ~ Tami
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Yesterday was the last Thursday dance class! :drinker: Next Saturday is the recital, and I'm ready for the break of running there two days a week. She has one more year. So of course yesterday was my rest day. Today was Supreme 90 Day Tabata Inferno. I had forgotten how good that workout is.

Laurel, I have heard so many people say that the X77 workout is really great. Can't wait to try it out. Again some great workout combos. WHAT Snow! We are having the warmest weather we have had since last summer. I don't know if I could take super cold weather again. :wink: Hope the weather person is incorrect, so that you can get your truck loaded.

Tami, Wonderful news on the SO fundraiser, that is an awesome amount of money. PiYo is a new workout system that Chalene is coming out with. I is low impact yoga/pilates. I have seen some clips of the workouts, and I really like the look of them. I have done some of her stretching workouts from TF, and I actually liked those. Chalene's body actually looks different from her TF workouts.

Thelma, Great progress on PT! Congrats on the weight loss. I don't like missing a workout either. Of course I'm a little OCD when it comes to my rotations. Like to keep a list of what I have done, and what I'm going to do in the future. :laugh:

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I was running errands for a good part of the day and I really didn't eat my calories for most of the day. So I asked DH if he wanted to go out to dinner. This got him totally excited because now that I'm a diet going out is problematic because I have to figure out what I can eat. So I suggested Bertucci's pizza because I could have a plain salad with their grilled chicken which I love. I did splurge and had two rolls. OMG! SOOOOO GOOD!!! I love them with butter but I couldn't afford it so I took with me my bottle of Olivio buttery spray which is zero calories. I know it's gotta have some chemical but I rarely have this stuff and I had to have butter with my rolls. I still had enough calories left for my peanut butter and rice cake.

I'm happy to report that after all the shoulder/bicep exercises I did yesterday I woke up feeling just fine. Tonight though I was sort of a bad girl and my rotator cuff and front of the bicep are throbbing. I decided to do STS wk 1 Legs. I hadn't done it because it felt like I had to use weights. I did it using 1-3 lb dumbbells. I followed that with the Turbo Barre abs chapter and I did their stretching section too. This is the first time I do the ab workout from this DVD and I loved it! I'm embarrassed :embarassed: to admit that I hate doing ab work and I've hardly done abs all year and sadly it shows. Now I am going to do abs to fix the flabby abs I'm showing :cry: now.

Laurel, great job on getting your workouts in despite the fatigue you must be feeling and great also job for doing all that packing! :flowerforyou: :drinker: I can't believe you're getting more snow!
    It really feels wonderful to have finally graduated to little dumbbells for PT. I think that with everything you've been doing lately you have every right to be a little cranky. You're probably tired and anxious to be done with the move.
    Good idea for doing the cleaning now so your husband doesn't have to worry about that.

Tami, congratulations to you and your husband for the fundraiser. What a HUGE success it was! :drinker: Next year's fundraiser is going to be incredible with all the momentum you have going even before the planning begins for next year! WOW! So happy for you about Katy having now the Friday night spinning class!

Laurie, great workouts today! Tell me about this S90D workout. I googled it and read that the trainers did a P90X copycat job for this workout. Is this true? Is it true that the entire program is $20?
    Early on I had a rotation that Laurel put together for me, then I started doing STS and then I got hurt. Ever since I got hurt I've been doing some type of cardio. Lately I've been so tired because of work that I just do whatever a bigger calorie burner at the time.
    Have a great weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a great weekend. It has been crazy here, to be honest. Because of the weather forecast, we ended up getting our moving truck a day early (they didn't even charge us since it was weather-related). So while Saturday was my 'rest' day from workouts, it was a pretty tough physical day as we picked up the truck at 8:30am....and stopped loading at 8:00pm. Long day. But DH and I managed to get all but one piece of furniture out of the house. :noway: The one piece left behind is a glass cabinet and it is too much for me to lift.....even on to a furniture mover. So DH has a friend coming over tomorrow to help with that. The bad news is not everything fit into the truck, but the good news is DH will have some things left for his final two weeks in the house. We will need to drive another small truck to Florida in June......but that's okay.

Surprisingly, I didn't feel too bad when I got up yesterday. I had planned to do Plyo Legs, but in the rush of packing out a day early, I packed my Meso 3 workouts! :grumble: So I did Lean Legs and Abs and followed it with the Ultra Cardio premix from XT All Out Low Impact HiiT. It started snowing yesterday morning, so we are very lucky to have gotten done what we did on Saturday....because it hasn't stopped snowing yet. :explode: It is cold too.....below freezing since yesterday afternoon. Would love to say I am enjoying my last snow fall, but.......:explode: . :laugh:

So I got up this morning to the news our house in Florida may not be ready for us to move into when we get there even though we start paying rent effective Thursday. It has more to do with the previous tenants than the owner, so I am not too concerned we are being ripped off (even though we will ask for money back if the house isn't ready, for sure). So a good workout was in order. I started with STS Disk 4/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps...and went as heavy as I could! It felt great!! I followed it with Tabatacise and the core from Cross Fire. Now I am getting ready to go get my hair looking pretty and try to spend those two hours forgetting about everything else! :laugh: I might even go shopping for a bit to buy myself an early birthday present. :bigsmile:

Tami, I am SO happy the fundraiser went so well!!! :drinker: That is an amazing total. I bet your DH was exhausted but feeling totally rewarded when it was over. I love that you went out to celebrate after because, boy, that kind of success deserves some celebration! I am happy to hear that people are already thinking about next year. Such a great cause. Great feedback on the flyers. Definitely worth missing a couple workouts for that. But that being said, woo-hoo for Katy taking over Friday spin!!! :drinker: Now you will have something to look forward to to end your work week workouts! Love the new photo. What a cutie.

Laurie, X77 really is a great workout. Because of how it is pieced together, it really does go by quickly. I love the variety in it, and feel my total body has been worked really thoroughly at the end of it. It has definitely become one of my prime go-to workouts when I can't get my usual two workouts in.....because it does it all in one.

Thelma, hope you are continuing to feel better every day. So very encouraging not to have any day-after pain after your Thursday work. That's really encouraging. I am really glad you enjoyed the Ab work from Turbo Barre. I think it is really good because the moves are different. Glad you enjoyed a dinner out with DH. Sounds like you managed it perfectly!! I know I would have had a hard time resisting pizza in a pizza restaurant though. :blushing: It's a weakness for me. :ohwell:

Enjoy the day!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Nice weekend of workouts …. :smile: Started into it with my Friday Night Spin with Katy! She informed the class that when she teaches it she will stay for an hour! :wink: I was of course happy about that and it was a great class! Sat. a.m. I did my missed workout of XT Bis/Tris + Challenges and followed it up with KCM Circuit Burn, always a good one! Yesterday was XT: Chest/Shoul/Back Double Trouble and took the kids for a walk. Which was again fabulous with their harnesses! Today’s workout is going to be the New BootCamp ~ “FAST” Class.

Laurie: Fantastic job with the S90 workouts! :smile: That Tabata Inferno one is my favorite from that series forsure. Thanks for the well wishes on the SO fundraiser! PiYo sounds like it will be a good combo for workouts. Thanks for the info on those as well, I’ll keep my eyes open to see a clip when they come out.

Thelma: Nice job with your date night on Friday! :drinker: Sounds like you enjoyed but didn’t overdo it at all! Nicely done. Great job with STS Legs …… don’t you love that workout?!?! Kudos to you for getting in your abwork. I can be bad about adding that on sometimes myself just due to time restrictions in the a.m. but I love Cathe’s abwork so I’m always glad when I do. Through her XT workouts I have really been a lot better because I like those so much and they are right on the DVD to add-on vs putting in another DVD. Thank you on the Special Olympics cheers!!! :bigsmile: Yes, a huge success. I know, I’m really happy about Katy having Friday Spin, although she said it’s not set in stone yet. . :ohwell: . . they may alternate others just to give other instructors more hours/exposure. So fingers crossed she will continue. S90 is a great set of DVD for yes, only $20. I have never felt like it was a copycat of P90X …. It has Legs, Abs, Upper Body, Cardio, every body part and a workout along with Tabata Inferno and I think a Stretch (which I didn’t ever do). For the $$$$$ it is definitely worth a look.:bigsmile: Although with your shoulder you will need to stay clear of the upper body workouts for now.

Laurel: I bet you were exhausted at the end of Saturday – WOW that is a loooooooong day. :noway: :grumble: I did see your weather on the news and how much snow your area got over the weekend.:angry: OMG! I bet you are so ready to head to Florida. That is insane! Thank goodness you had the truck packed prior to all that bad weather. Can I just commend you on getting in those 2 workouts yesterday as well! :drinker: Despite it all, you forged through and got in your Laurel combo of fabulous workouts & again today. Nicely done. I hope you enjoyed your relaxation getting your hair done today. :flowerforyou: Thanks to you as well for celebrating on the Special Olympics! Such an amazing total … I was included on the e-mail today from one of the people involved directly with the local organization and his sincere thanks to all who helped. Just makes you feel good …. Especially for DH pulling it off another year & now growing!! Yes, WooHoo for Katy is right. She said we can always drop notes to the head of the gym to “suggest” she be put in that class permanently. So I think I will definitely do that. Anything can help, even if it is one or two peeps suggesting it. It’s still a bug in her ear.
    Isn’t Emma so sweet … those are my fuzzy socks that she always goes into our closet and gets. She loves packing them around. I was a little concerned with her last night …. She was a lot stiffer and moving slower last night. I think she was just stiff, but it’s hard to see. :cry:

Hope you all have a great evening ~ Tami