Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ I had a very nice weekend of workouts, dog park/dog walks & the usual errands! :smile: Nice weather all weekend. Sat a.m. was XT Legs (pre-mix #3) which was all of the possible options, Sun. was XT Burn Sets Chest/Should/Back + Hard Strikes & Core! Today is my going to be my REST day. My sweet friend Carly who had the baby a few months ago is coming for dinner. It’s her Birthday tomorrow and her DH is out of town all week. :frown: So we are BBQ-ing Salmon and I made her a cake; her very favorite is white with white frosting & fresh berries. Funny! I know she will get a kick out of that.

Thelma: Sorry to hear about the pain and feeling a bit like you are going backwards :sad: I’m sure this is going to go back to a positive direction very soon; it’s part of the process. Way to keep up with the workouts you can do during all of this. That’s SO awesome! :drinker: Yes, crank up that patience meter full throttle girl! :wink: Very fun on the pedicure. My friend Carly (who’s coming for dinner) our Birthday’s are so close together we are going to treat each other to a pedicure and spend the afternoon together soon. It’s always fun to do.
    Bernie’s harness arrived and can I just say HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: I want to hug the man that invented this little thing. Who knew it would be such a God send for both my dogs. I took them to the dog park and then later on a walk. NO pulling . . .NONE. I couldn’t believe it. I almost wanted to take him on another different walk just to make sure! It’s a pretty royal blue on his blonde body too – he looks handsome! :wink: I’m now going to tell my neighbor and friends who have “pullers” how amazing this is. Thanks for asking.

Laurie: Great job with the workouts! :drinker: :bigsmile: Still getting in some amazing variety and great calorie burns I’ve seen on the thread! I hope prom was amazing for your daughter. A lady I work with was just talking about her daughters Sr Prom this weekend. Super exciting. That’s right on that KCM workout. She does use the step. Not too crazy of moves, one of them that comes to mind you would maybe want to just use the one riser or platform, but otherwise I think you would be good. I did look into that weights one, what’s it called again?

Laurel: I wondered if that was why on the move?!!? :grumble: My sister had a HUGE move from Australia to L.A. and it was paid for by where she works. However, things stuck in customs and the packing that was involved which they couldn’t control was a nightmare + theft of some of her art, etc. Stuff packed in crazy places. Kind of like what you were saying from past moves you have had. :frown: I totally get it and if it saves you guys money then totally makes sense there too. Fantastic job with the workouts as always! Despite your busy schedule. Yes, I’m not a huge fan of the wind and Insanity either ……it seems to make the workout even tougher! :laugh: Here’s hoping it improves but I think this Thurs is going to be the worst one yet. We’ll see what happens! Good job putting in some Insanity workouts . . . I know you were wanting to start that up again.

Hope you ladies have a nice evening ~ talk to you tomorrow! :flowerforyou: Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a nice weekend. On Saturday I did Low Max. I really like this workout and I can actually follow it 90% of the time! :drinker:, I was in pain and I didn't want to ice because the PT said I should use heat. I finally said screw the heat I'm going to ice and OMG! That is exactly what I needed! So when I did Low Max I was using my arms a lot. Sunday I did my usual spinning.
    My left shoulder blade has been bugging me since yesterday and I just keep trying to gently stretch and to massage the area. I think the way I'm sleeping is not helping me at all as my neck muscles are getting stiff.
    Tonight I tried the Intensity Workout for the first time and it was INTENSE! :laugh: I did premix 5 Timesaver - Step + HiiT (High). This one was hard but I loved it!
    I made the decision today to fire the physical therapy facility (not the therapist) I was going to. I loved the therapist but the sessions only last 30 minutes and that is not enough time based on my history of going to PT. 1/2 hour is not enough and I think this is why I'm not getting better. I had them transfer my prescription to this other facility in my town which located at this fancy health club in my town. I've always wanted to go to that health club but I'm sure it costs a fortune. At least I'll get to see what the gym looks like while I go for therapy. Their sessions last 1 hour and I have my evaluation session on Thursday afternoon. I felt bad for the therapist but I told them that it wasn't about her but about the duration of their sessions. I hope this new place is good!
    DH and I saw Captain America and we both actually like it! We hit 75 degrees this afternoon! We are expecting another huge rain storm and we are on flood watch! :mad:
    Our handy guy was here today and when I got home I found a huge trench along the side of the house. There was NO WAY they were going to be done before the rain tomorrow morning so I'm freaking out. Our foundation is made out of field stone and DH told me that the holes on the foundation were huge and probably where the water was coming in from. The guys did cover the holes today and they ran a test DH told me by running the hose in the trench. He said the water kept going down the train path and away from my workout area. I am still worried about tomorrow. DH is going to clear my workout area and will leave towels on the floor just in case. I have my personal training session tomorrow so I won't get home till 6ish. DH will be home before me though.

Laurie, great workouts!!! I'm glad your little girl had fun at her prom. I can't believe they made the boys were mint green tuxes! It would've been funny if they made them wear the ruffled shirts too! :laugh: :laugh:
    About my PT - I would put up with a lot of pain if I knew I was going to get better but it's not happening and I only get so many PT sessions a year from my insurance. I thought I'd already wasted 7 sessions as of last Friday. Enough of that!

Laurel, I'm sure it was nice to be part of Volunteer Appreciation Week on base! :flowerforyou:
    Wonderful workouts as always! I did Intensity today and it kicked my butt but I loved it!
    I wasn't hard on myself for not losing weight last week because deep down inside I knew I had eaten more PB than I should've. Incredibly enough I actually was 1/2 lb lighter this morning which is unheard of for me on Mondays! I've been measuring my PB too and I'm getting used to the natural PB.
    OK now I understand why your husband wants you to do the move. I didn't realize the air force guys would also do your packing! That would freak me out. When we packed for our move to this house I labeled each box with what was in it and also what room it should go into! Can you do your own packing and have the Air Force guy just do the move?

Tami, you sure got some really good workouts in this weekend! How nice of you to throw a birthday dinner celebration for your friend Carly!
    Thanks on your comments about my workouts. I'm trying and I have been much better about the peanut butter! LOL
    I hope my recovery starts to go in the right direction with the new PT place! I've felt depressed all day about the fact that I feel I'm back at the beginning except that his is my right side
    What a nice idea for you and your friend to treat each other to pedicures for your birthdays! I'm sure that will be a lot of fun.
    OMG Tami! I can't believe what a huge success that harness has been for your boy Bernie!
    You should post a review about the harness so that others know those things work. Your dog skiing days are over! :laugh:
    Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I feel like I had a bit of a lighter workout today, but I don't really know why. :huh: Maybe I will do something else later if I get a chance. Anyhow, I started with Pure Strength Legs and followed it with 100 hip thrusts. Then I did the Circuit and Intervals premix from Cathe's Greatest Hits DVD, which is a lot of fun. Maybe that's why I felt it was light. :ohwell: I am enjoying visiting Pure Strength again. It is amazing how far Cathe has come in her strength training workouts since these early workouts. But the amazing thing is the early workouts are still good!

Tami, I hope you enjoyed your evening with your friend. What a nice thing to do for her birthday! Do you have any plans for your upcoming birthday? I hope something fun and special. I am so happy to hear the harnesses are working out for both your pups! No doubt that will make your walks more enjoyable for all of you.. Sounds like your sister's move was not a good one. We have had our fair share of those. Such a pain!

Laurie, I am so glad your DD enjoyed her prom. I find it hard to believed colored tuxes have made their way back. I remember my prom date wore a baby blue tux with a ruffled shirt. :laugh: What were we thinking? :blushing: I just returned to Insanity a week ago after being away from it for nearly two years. :noway: Right now I am easing in with one workout a week. I don't know if I will do another full rotation anytime in the future, but they are such good workouts. I could swear I already feel the benefits.....though I am sure that is all in my mind! :tongue:

Thelma, I am glad you are reaching out to another PT clinic that may fit your needs better. Last time I was in PT, I went in and did my exercises and left--sometimes didn't even see the therapist! :noway: And I wondered why I was driving there when I could have stayed at home. But I got better....so I guess it worked. I hope you adapt to the natural peanut butter. I have been eating it so long that anything like JIF tastes like candy to me. I like my natural stuff! Good job with Intensity!! It is not an easy workout. I noticed you bought IMAX3. For me, that's Cathe's toughest cardio workout.....ever. So you've been warned! :wink:

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon ladies,

Things have been so hectic on the home front. These past three weeks have been spent praying and praying for the recovery of one of my young cousins who I grew up with in New York, she literally lived next door to my grandmother. She practices medicine in NY and has been dealing with lupus for several years now but things took a turn for the worst and she has been in and out of ICU these last two weeks. The last time I saw her was 3 years ago during an OTC in San Antonio and we had a great family meal, so this was a total shock to me.:sad: Things have improved since Friday and her heart surgery is scheduled for this Thursday, so lots of prayers and positive thoughts.

As for work we are behind on the contract which equates to bonus incentives being lost if specific numbers are not met on stated deadlines. This had led to OT and 12 hour days along with the usual scheduled activities, etc. With my left knee still hurting especially at night from TF, Barre exercises have been my go to routines which has improved the mobility of the knee but extensions are still painful especially with any forms of kicks, etc. Today I opted for MD cardio intervals and compared to her Strength Interval Remix, this seems like a breeze. :blushing: :laugh: Afterwards it was a post-op appointment and my stitches were removed from my upper and lower quadrant but he will remove the packing in three more weeks. Unfortunately this morning upon loading the truck with the dog for grooming, the girls to drop off to school and prepare for my 40 minute drive to my appointment the caddy was as dead as a doornail. So of course hubby has an apt meeting to get to which means running down the street to get the neighbor to take the youngest with her son and then trying to find someone to get the eldest to her school. TG my neighbor grabbed both girls and dropped them off and my GF from the gym came and picked me up and drove me to the doctor. Afterwards I took her to lunch and we enjoyed catching up since it has been 4 months since we have seen each other. I definitely have to pick up a small thank you gift for my neighbor.:bigsmile:

Laurie- Thanks for the heads up on MD reduced booty effect. Please do tell the exact rotation. :wink: It seems like the 80's are back and the thought of colored tuxs are hilarious. I'm glad she enjoyed her prom and opted to go in what she felt comfortable in even if it was different.:bigsmile:

Laurel- Enjoy your light day, tomorrow is another day to go full speed ahead.:wink: Although 100 hip thrusts sounds pretty intimidating to me. :tongue:

Thelma- Hopefully this new clinic will provide great services for the PT plus you get to peak at the facility. :wink: :laugh: Hmmn peanut butter sometimes just hits the spot and almond butter is delish also.:bigsmile: Glad to hear Capt. America was great as that is our next scheduled family movie.

Tami- Yummy salmon !:bigsmile: My husband was just telling me that he would like some salmon cakes for Easter as I'm trying to stay away from a large dinner for only four of us. Although we do have some French friends of ours coming over so I'm not sure what is traditional vs. non-traditional on this holiday, so a light brunch seems ideal for the occasion.

The temps here have taken a dive after these storms so we headed for the mid-30's tonight after shorts this weekend!:noway:

Ok off to prep dinner and enjoy an hour to myself.:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies – Lots of funny with the Birthday dinner last night! :smile: DH did the BBQ and I made a Quinoa salad that I knew she would love . . . and did. We also had some grilled Broccolini, made a little side of Costco’s stuffed Kale/Chicken tortillinis as well. We watched her little girl and I got to hold her of course while the Bday girl ate her dinner. She thought the cake was such a nice touch and I gladly sent the whole thing home with her. :laugh: This a.m. was Cardio Supersets, Insane-X after work. Hopefully inside but I think this is the week the gym will be closed due to construction, might just be Thurs. We’ll see ~ it’s rainy off & on today.

Thelma: I think it’s so great that you are taking care of your needs …. Knowing right now that your PT place wasn’t the right one for you and moving on sounds like a great decision :wink: Very fun that you enjoyed the Captain America movie after all ~ it looks like it would be pretty good. Yes, Intensity is just that! Way to get through your first “go” on that and glad you loved it as well. 75 degrees?!!? WOW! :huh: Sounds so nice and then right back to rainy weather, what a bummer and glad the handy man is there to fix your problem; fingers crossed they will have it under control soon. No more Dog Skiing! :laugh: It’s thrilling, can’t wait to take them again.

Laurel: :laugh: :noway: on the lighter day of workouts ~ sounds like you still got in a great combo! I’m happy for you that you are enjoying your next phase of workouts with Pure Strength. Always good. It is amazing how far she has come and yet how good she has always been! The evening was great, thanks. She really appreciated it and my hubby hadn’t met her little baby yet so it was cute to see him with her as well. So far no plans, DH has offered to do whatever I want to do and with it being Easter weekend and all we are debating on what to do. Maybe having his parents over?!? I already decided I am taking Monday off work . . . so that will be nice and it opens up a little time if we wanted to go somewhere overnight or something fun. We’ll see.
    Do you guys have a date set for the move?

Michelle: I’m sorry to hear about your cousin! :cry: What a tough thing to be going through. What kind of heart surgery is she having? Keep us posted . . . will send lots of prayers & positive thoughts her way as well. Sounds like hectic times forsure and dang it on your knee still giving you pain. :grumble: Nice work getting in your workouts & listening to your body! Have you been feeling better on the energy level? Weren't you headed to the doctor about that? Thank goodness for your neighbor to save the day ~ she knows you would do the same for her I’m sure. Nice that you were able to catch up with your GF! That’s a long time. I think a light brunch sounds perfect for your Easter celebration :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I had my physical training today. For the first time in a while I slept on my side. I just couldn't take it anymore an had to do it. I slept well and my neck wasn't as stiff which meant no achy shoulder blades. Now I know it's my stiff neck that's causing the shoulder blades to act up.
    The handyman and his son came back today and worked on while the rain was coming down! They closed the hole but not before the heavy rain started. Thank God they came though! DH cancelled his afternoon meetings so he could come home to check out the basement. There was a little water in the usual corner which means our problems are not fully solved yet but we are on the right track. While it was raining DH ran another test and ran the hose for about 5 minutes around the corner from where the new trench ended. Water got in the basement so now the handy guy has to dig out another section, seal the foundation and do whatever else he did to the other side. We are hoping all this work will be the solution to a problem we've had since 2010.

Michelle, good to hear from you. I'm sorry about your cousin. As soon as I read she had lupus my heart stopped. I don't know how hard people have it with Lupus but since I have Lupus and thankfully I've only had one attack I consider the horrible experience easy compared to others like your cousin. Sending her lots of prayers and healing energy.

Sorry about your knee and work having fallen behind. You sure have an overloaded plate! You do have good neighbors and friends! A thank you gift is in order!
    I really hope this new PT place is what I need. I've never tried almond butter. I love almonds so I should give the butter a try.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy Captain America. It did great at the box office!

Laurel, great workouts. Your workout today wasn't lite. Trust me on this one please! :wink:
    I hope this PT meets my needs. In my experience you go to PT for an hour. Once they evaluate you and design a program for you. The first thing you do when you get to your appointment is do some cardio (if possible) to warm up, then the therapist will have you do some exercises, then ultrasound, electric muscle stimulation, heat then ice. If I don't get this kind of service on Thursday I'll to find another place.
    If you just went to PT to workout on your own and didn't even see the therapist, it doesn't count as therapy as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm adapting to the natural PB very nicely which is surprising to me. After a while I'll probably graduate to the full fat natural PB.
    I'm getting scared of IMAX3 now Laurel!!! If you think this one is tough I can't imagine what it will do to me!

Tami, I'm glad you had a great time with the birthday dinner! The meal sounds wonderful! Which Quinoa salad recipe did you make? Smart move to send the cake home with the birthday girl! Serious will power you have!
    Great workouts today. I hope your Insane class was fun!
    Tami, I really need to take care of my own needs cause the PT place is just there to make money. They don't really care about me.
    The Intensity workout is tough but in really good way. One of these days I'll try the full routine. 75 degrees yesterday and ray all day today, tonight and then back to the 40's tomorrow!
    Can't wait to hear how the kids do the next time you take them out for a walk with their new harnesses.
    Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! No 'light' workout for me today. :laugh: I started with Pure Strength Back, Biceps and Abs and added XTrain Rear Delts and 100 biceps to it. For cardio, I did my cardio combo of Cathe's three HiiT workouts from her Shock Cardio series. :heart: Love that combo!

Michelle, I am praying for your cousin. I really hope she continues to improve and her surgery goes well. :flowerforyou: Sounds like things continue to be hectic for you with work. I am sure the last thing you needed was for the car to die! Thank goodness for good neighbors.

Tami, so glad you enjoyed your dinner! And it sounds delicious. I have no doubt your friend appreciated it. I previewed a T25 workout....finally. And the first workout in the series (called 'Cardio') really does look like a beginner's version of Insanity. Many of the same moves but done much slower and more controlled. I am curious how the workout feels to do, but I understand what Katy (is was Katy, right?) was saying when she talked about them. No firm date set on the move. Right now the plan is for me to go house hunting alone :noway: since DH can't get away from work and we can't find a rental we like. If we have a place to move into, we will probably leave here mid-June.

Thelma, yikes on the flooding. I hope the rain stops soon! From the looks of things, though, you are having quite a storm today. Hopefully I am wrong. :ohwell: Hope you continue to see some improvements in your pain level.

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies – Insane-X last night was good, but again fighting the wind it just felt tougher to me! :noway: She had her sub go up in front for a couple of the rounds, poor thing. Just switched with her on the spot. I ended up in the very front row too . . . Yikes. She is having us meet her next week at the High School for a special “TOUGH” workout for those of us who feel brave! Ummm, what?! The gym is entirely under construction so it is the tennis courts or the high school track. :huh:
    This a.m. was XT Bi’s/Tri’s + 100 Rep Challenges for each! Tonight will be Spinning.

Thelma: Such good news that you were able to sleep how you wanted and no achy shoulder blades! :wink: Yikes on the continuing water problem but like you say, they are on the right track so that is good. Almond Butter is very yummy! I think you would like it, along with your new healthy PB. Great job with your workout last night! Looks like you burned some cals :wink:
    I made the Quinoa Lemony Chickpea Salad w/ Avacado. I think I sent you that one right? If not, I’d be happy too. :smile:

Laurel: Fantastic job with the workouts! :bigsmile: Always shake my head when I hear you do that “tri-fecta” of HiiT workouts. Outstanding :drinker: Glad you were able to preview a T25 workout. The first one we did where she incorporated moves I think I had shared that it felt like a slower/controlled insanity and I do really like the quality of that; when Katy shared they were easy a couple weeks ago she also mentioned she hadn’t previewed all of them and especially the more advanced workouts. ST’s infomercial makes them look a lot more challenging, so I’m anxious to incorporate more and hear more ~ thank s for keeping me posted! :wink: As I was doing my 100-rep challenges this a.m. I realized I didn’t answer you the other day, sorry about that! I’m very happy that you inspired me to take these on with the XT workouts, nice little addition and you definitely feel the burn at the end. :wink: Darn it on the house hunting by yourself. Is that when his new job will start? Mid June or does that give him a little time for the move and move in process?

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ :flowerforyou: Tami
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Dang, I had all this stuff typed up, and hit the wrong key on the keyboard... All was gone. :mad: I had some good stuff too. It is getting late, so I will just update on what my workouts where. I took a rest day yesterday, because I was sitting in 33 degree weather watching dd run around the track. Dang that is just way to cold. No one should have to watch a track meet wearing gloves, hat, winter coat and wrapped in a blanket. Today I did Results 10 Days to a Better Body, upper and lower and Cathe's Total Body Stretching the Basic Stretch.

Have a great evening!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I came home a little late from work and was exhausted so I only was able to do an easy spin workout. Tomorrow is my physical therapy eval at the new place so I won't be going to my personal training class as the times conflict with each other.
    My co-worker let me borrow her Insanity Program so I might give one of the workouts a try.
    I thought we were home free with the rain but the water got under the carpet where DH didn't even bother to look but I happen to notice a dark spot on cement floor and when I lifted the carpet I could tell water had gone there. So fans and the dehumidifier are going all day/night. when I looked last night the coast was clear but it kept raining overnight and I heard that today the handyman had to run the house to figure out where the other foundation holes were? Don't ask! Hopefully we're still on the right path with this solution.
    My shoulder blades are not bothering me! YAAAY! So it was really the way I was sleeping. The rotator cuff on the other hand is telling me it's still injured as well as my bicep. I have the feeling that I was so stiff all over the upper back, chest, neck areas that it was masking the real injuries. So it's good that this stiffness seems to be out of the way so the new therapist tomorrow can evaluate me.
    I have to tell you real quick about my baby Bella. I am still injecting her for her asthma and now she gets up on a pedestal like scratching post so I can give inject her! :love: She just lets me do it because she knows she'll get some kitty crack! This kitty crack is just freeze dried chicken. :laugh:

Laurel, awesome workouts! WOW! Your arms must be looking pretty amazing by now!
    Sorry you have to go house hunting alone! That's not fun! June is just around the corner Laurel! This means that you'll be going to FL pretty soon right? If you can't find anything online the best thing is for you to go there in person. Are you searching online yourself or are you just going by the selections the realtor sends you? We looked at about 25 houses before we found "the one". Of course I found it not our realtor!
    Laurel, we did get a lot of rain. we could've gotten more water in the basement but the corner where it usually happens didn't get much water. This water last night seeped in from the ground.

Tami, I'm glad your Insane-X workout was fun. OMG! That poor sub instructor! it sucks for her to have to be tested that way but that is probably the only way Katy can make sure she is going to be good.
    OMG the workout at the high school sounds scary!!! awesome workouts for you today too!
    I'm happy to be sleeping better let me tell you! The water problems totally suck! I'm going to have to try the almond butter. Does it taste anything like PB? I'm putting my PB on plain, salt free rice cakes.
    I bet that Quinoa salad was delish! You did send me the recipe.
    You won't believe this but I got a dog harness from someone in Australia. I never ordered it. I checked my usual online places like Amazon and eBay and there is no such order! There wasn't even an invoice. it's for a medium size dog and I think it will be too big for my big cat. I haven't had a chance to really look at it. but I'll try to figure out how to contact the vendor.

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with Lean Legs and Glutes, and I added the barre section to it. I followed it with X77. :heart:

Tami, I really admire you for sticking with those outdoor workouts and the wind! I know I wouldn't like that. She is going to give you a tougher worker next week?!? :noway: Wow. Keep us posted on that one. So glad you are enjoying the XT rotation and the extra reps! I keep wanting to repeat that rotation again after I get through with Gym Styles/Pure Strength because I enjoyed it so much. I don't know if I will do that repeat or opt for four weeks of STS Meso 1. The latter appeals only because I don't have to think about it through what will be a busy time. DH won't have to start work until early August. :drinker: That will give us time to get settled and familiar with our new surroundings. And after 30+ years in the military, he can use a break! Regarding T25, it really looks like Shaun T. Breaks down the moves, explains the proper form and shows modifications. I kind of wish I had it before Insanity, to be honest.

Laurie, bummer on the lost post! I hate it when that happens. I was listening to the radio earlier, and there was an ad on that said something like 'Can't you tell that spring is just around the corner?' I looked at the snow on the ground and said 'no.....and it was supposed to have started a month ago!' So you have my sympathies and understanding for the cold track meet. No fun.

Thelma, glad you figured out what was causing the shoulder blade pain. Please let us know what the new therapist has to say. Hopefully you will see more improvement. Just a word of warning about Insanity.....there are a lot of upper body moves (burpees, push-ups, etc). I just want you to be aware of that before you start a workout because I don't want you to hurt yourself! I am so sorry to hear about the flooding! Kind of makes me scared to buy a house. :tongue: Speaking of which, our real estate agent in Florida has officially become non-responsive. Frustrating as I was planning on going down there next Tuesday. So, as of today (and this seems to change on a daily basis), we are back looking for rentals. I am okay with that if we can find one because that would give us the time to not only find a better real estate agent but get familiar with the area before making that investment. Of course, we could have another idea tomorrow! :laugh:

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Quick Check In,

The surgery went well, there was inflammation and some valve damage that required repairing and after 6 hours she was in recovery.. She woke up an hour after and was able to give a thumbs up.:heart: She has also incurred some kidney damage but one obstacle at a time. Thank you for the wonderful prayers as this has brought back memories of Shima's battle with children's cancer and the surgeries and ultimate loss we incurred as a family so we are very hopeful and grateful at this time.

No exercise for me as my 12 hr days resumed yesterday and my knee is so painful that it hurts in my sleep at night and I want to cry.:blushing: Now I know what my hubby deals with after his two years of jumping at Bragg, and the doctors told him surgery is not an option.:frown:

Thank you so much ladies.:flowerforyou:
    Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great workout with Spinning last night! :wink: Today was Insane-Abs at lunch and supposed to be Insane-X after work but it is pouring today so I will see what she says and plan from there. I may take a miss in the pouring rain.

Laurie: Oops! Don’t you hate that? :frown: That sounds absolutely miserable & Brrrrrr. Here’s hoping your weather gets better soon & warms ups. Nice job with your workout yesterday, I saw your calorie burn … holy smokes! Way to follow it up with some stretching.

Thelma: Great job getting in a Spin last night despite the tireds! :smile: Sometimes that re-energizes a person forsure. Sending good vibes for you tonight for your evaluation. :wink:
    Very fun that your co-worker let you borrow her Insanity DVD’s! Just a word of warning ~ it’s a tough program but awesome all in one. As Laurel mentioned, you will want to wait until you are at 100% to be doing a lot of the moves. Speaking of which, great news on the shoulder blades not bothering you! Woo Hoo:drinker:
    Cute little Bella. Funny how they just sort of “assume the position” when they have medicine every day. Emma had an eye situation a while back and I had to put goopy drops in her eyes every day. As soon as she would see me grab the bottle she would just lower her head and let me do my thing. Then I was quickly finding some kind of special treat.
    Strange on the harness arriving at your house if you didn’t order it?! Could it have been one of your neighbors maybe and the address was just off in the shipping? I think Almond Butter has a different taste than the PB, but not way different. You might want to start with a small jar, they are kind of expensive. I usually get mine at Costco and have it for quite a while.

Laurel: What a fantastic combo you did today! :bigsmile: Thanks for your encouragement on the outdoor workouts …. Yes, I will keep you posted next week. Remember she ran Cross Country for Ohio State so she is definitely a runner and as mentioned before a “toughie” Speaking of running. One of the guys who is in all of the classes I take and we sit next to each other at Spin said the Running Camp instructor is leaving he heard .. she is also the not so favorite Friday Spin instructor. So we’ll see – I may not have to skip that all summer I that’s the case :laugh:
    OMG! I was hoping you would say your hubby gets a break. :bigsmile: A MUCH deserved break! Yay and so awesome you guys can enjoy getting to know your new surroundings together. Thanks on XT! Yes, I’m loving adding on those little bonuses. If you’re interested in a combo rotation of STS & XT I found one recently when I was hunting for my next rotation. I can send it to you. Not sure if that is something you would want to do right now and/or you might have one already in mind.

Michelle: Happy to hear your cousin came out of a successful surgery & gave a thumbs up. :flowerforyou: More prayers her way to continue healing. Ouch on the knee! Are you thinking you should go have it looked at? :ohwell:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ :flowerforyou: Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, PT went GREAT! :drinker: :drinker: I think I am finally in good, capable hands. His name is Mark and he seems quite knowledgeable. After a very thorough assessment on both sides he explained the therapy I would get and talked me through the stretches and strengthening exercises I will do at home and in therapy.
    Unlike the other therapist who said that she could only work on my left side because that is what the doctor ordered on her prescription Mark said he would work on both sides. On of my biggest problems is my posture. My shoulders always want to go forward. So imagine a slouch position when the shoulders drop. Mine not only drop they go forward too. So we have a lot of work ahead but the fact that I was already home with all these stretches and exercises is great. So right now I'm a little sore since my left side got a lot of work today. He not only showed me the exercises and had me do them. He sent me a link to their website with pictures
    https://www.physiotec.org/?do=patient&action=new_load&directAccess=yes&l=2636&username=vajauetr&password=jklnotwx

He also showed me how to massage my shoulder blades with a tennis ball by leaning against the wall over the ball. I can also do my bicep that way. I can't do anything like pushups, planks or raising my arm over my head. I think I'm pretty much back at not using my arms for cardio workouts. I really have a good feeling about this therapist. I will see him twice a week and I have made appointments through early June!
    I lost 1.2 lbs this week which is wonderful. I jumped on the spinning bike again tonight because it was quick and my arm was throbbing which didn't make me feel like jumping. Turns out my shoulder blade IS still tight. if he thinks it's tight I wonder what he would've said when I could feel the tightness myself!

Laurie, I hate it when I hit the wrong key and whatever I typed disappears too! Great workouts though! We went back to cold weather today and I had to get the down jacket out of the closet again!!

Michelle, I'm so glad your cousin's surgery went well. Sorry about the kidney damage though. Wow Michelle, you really need
    to have that knee looked at. I know you don't like going to the doctor but you have an injury and when those things become chronic you can't workout for a long time. Please go see a doctor soon! I hate to say this but you have to stop working out because you're hurting yourself more.

Laurel, great workouts! Thanks for the warnings about the Insanity workouts. I was hoping there would be sections where there are no burpees or pushups. Maybe I won't try it yet.
    I can't believe your realtor is totally non - responsive! You really need to have lined up some places to see for the day you go to FL as opposed to just showing up. this is where an agent will be useful. I hope you're able to find a new one soon! I'm so glad your husband will be able to take some time off before starting his new job!
    The handyman was here today and will be here tomorrow too. The basement seems dry but I still have the fans and dehumidifiers going.

Tami, Great spinning and I'm sure great double dose of "Insane" workouts! I hope that the rain stopped! it would be it be nice if that instructor you don't like left?

The workouts do re-energize me and even if I'm tired I'm going to workout. Thanks for the warning on the Insanity workout. I think I will return the set and will borrow it in a couple of months again!
    I'm happy about the shoulder blades not bothering me but Mark tells me they're still tight! It is great when you create a positive association between meds and a treat for a pet.
    My Bella is so cute when she "assumes the position". Your Emma is a good girl about meds too! Really strange about the harness and the package is addressed to me! I was telling DH that maybe this is a sign that we need to get a dog! LOL
    We would love a dog but we don't have time for a dog. Even now we have to have play time with the cats every night. Since I got them used to it they now line up when they hear me pour water into my Camelbak bottles. Bailey Boy could be sleeping but once he hears the water he sits up and waits for me to play with him.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies!

So much for checking in more regularly! :laugh:

We're picking up the pace with sports/activities again, so workouts have been a little less (maybe 4-5 times per week), but still getting them in. The switch to mornings just isn't happening, so if we have a packed evening...no workout. On top of that, we are remodeling our kitchen, so lots of disorganized chaos the last 2 weeks!

I am picking up a our newest foster tonight, and we are soooo excited! He's a miniature poodle, but 1/2 the size of my miniature poodle, so it will be fun for sure!

Tami--Nice work on the classes, despite the fun weather conditions! 2 things I can't deal well with are wind and rain. I'd actually rather have snow than rain and cold than wind. But, sounds like you are plowing through like a champ! :bigsmile: As far as Fitbit, I prefer BodyBugg for accuracy, but Fitbit is more concealed, so nice in that way. I don't think it's very accurate, but it's more of a motivational tool for us at work, more than anything.

Laurie--Prom already?? I love that your daughter does her own thing and doesn't succumb to what everyone else is wearing. I was that same way for my proms. I didn't care what the "in" style or color was...I went with what I liked. Sounds like a busy weekend, I'm sure you are glad the hubby is back home! Nice work on the workouts!!! :bigsmile:

Laurel--I love your "light" workout days! Cracks me, up as they sure sound tough to me! :laugh: Great work knowing when you need to add more to get your level of feeling worked out. I can only imagine some of these workouts are creating great DOMS! :bigsmile: Have fun with the house hunt...I love your husbands research on the hurricanes. At least you're going into it prepared!

Michelle--I'm sorry work has been so busy, and then your dear cousin's illness on top of that. I sure hope she is continuing to improve! Lupus can be a very scary disease that just randomly can go up and down. I'll say a prayer that she continues to get better and that your work contract does too. I know all too well how much stress the overloaded work schedule can cause and then with a bum knee on top of it, doesn't allow you to get out the pent up stress as much as you probably want.

Thelma--Good job finding a way to get a workout in, despite the shoulder pain. I'm sure the therapy provides some relief but also the pain afterwards from all the deep tissue work. Hopefully the pain only lasts a short time for you! Sounds like you have now found a great therapist that can get things back in alignment, which is great. Hopefully less pain now too!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I finished out the week with a couple of old time workouts! I started with Cathe's Max Intensity Strength which is so dated......but SO good. The bicep work, in particular, never fails to get me. To compliment it, I did Max Intensity Cardio. Felt so good today!

Michelle, I am so happy to hear your cousin is doing well. I will keep her in my prayers and hope for continued recovery. I am sorry to hear about the knee. I have to say I am with Thelma on this one in thinking you might want to have it looked at--especially if it is keeping you awake at night.

Tami, I hope you weren't working out in the rain last night! No fun! Interesting news about the Running Camp instructor. Hopefully (if she is leaving) she will leave before summer and all that running begins. Looks like my plans for my next 30 day rotation is going to have to be flexible. I think we have rented a house (still waiting for the lease), and it looks like I will be headed to Florida early. At least I will be driving, so I can take some stuff with me. But I will be there for two weeks, then back here for two weeks. So I need to sit down and figure out what equipment to take and what to leave behind so I have something in both places. That being said, I would love a copy of the STS/XT rotation. Who knows? Maybe it would work for that timeframe. If not.....sounds perfect for post-move!

Thelma, so glad you liked your new physical therapist!! Hopefully you start seeing some good improvements. Congratulations on the weight loss!!! Yep, I think your body enjoyed the little 'break' you gave it last week. Yes, the real estate agent situation has been frustrating. DH called her yesterday and told her we 'quit' her. She was all apologetic....and full of excuses. I am just glad we didn't buy me a plane ticket to go down there because, no doubt, I would have been shopping for a real estate agent more than a house....and we didn't need that. But, as I said above, we have been approved on a rental and both DH and I are really excited about it. So that is fun!

Erika, good to see you!! I hope you enjoy your new foster. Sounds cute.....but aren't they all? Great job keeping up with the workouts despite your hectic schedule.

Hope you all have a great weekend and Happy Easter. We are having my family down for Easter brunch. Should be nice. Kinda sad, though, as this is probably the last holiday we will share for quite some time.

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Good Afternoon Ladies,

Good Friday!

I did Rockout Knockout this morning since it focuses on upper and even her LB moves are moderate to say the least and it was fun especially with my own music. Mr. C decided to plop down right in front of me and was nearly hit in the face during my modified hitch kick :grumble: , unfortunately he then snuggled in and went back to sleep.:huh: Last night my knee felt better after I elevated it with a pillow but I think that a doctor's visit is also needed or at least some additional knee exercises to rehab while I focus on my upper body. My Mardi Gras ball is coming up and I'm not sure how heels and a bummed knee will be glamorous at this function.:blushing:

Thelma- Glad to hear that you are excited with the new PT.:bigsmile: Can I borrow Mark for an hour?:tongue:

Laurel- Enjoy your Easter brunch with the family, make it one of your best and savor the memories.:bigsmile:

Erika- Glad to see you, enjoy the Easter holiday with your boys.

Tami- The weather is pouring here too.:ohwell: Yes, it seems like I need to make an apt for this knee as I'm headed into week two of pain.:cry:

Have a wonderful Easter. :flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Got out early today, and was able to get in a workout before I have to leave for church. Yesterday I was able to do Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn, really love this workout. Today I did XTrain Chest, Back and Shoulders, and Ruthless #2 Lunatic Intervals. This is the only Ruthless workout I have done so far, and it was really good for only 20 min. The only thing I don't like is the constant talking by the instructor, but I can get over that one. :laugh:

Michelle, Sorry to hear that you hurt your knee. I hope you are still able to wear the shoes. Got to love a good pair of shoes. :bigsmile: I'm glad to hear that you cousin is doing well. I was going to tell you in the post that got blown away, that I was disappointed in the flat butt that I got doing the rotation for her Peak Fit system. If I was to do that rotation over again, I would sub in Cathe's strength workout for Michelle's strength workout. I loved her cardio and the cardio strength workouts, but the all strength just didn't have enough good leg work in it.

Laurel, Those are some oldies, but goodies. :wink: When I was doing the Peak workout yesterday, it sort of reminded me of MIC, but better since it has kickboxing mixed with hi/lo. :happy: Probably the only way I will enjoy hi/lo. You are going to be very busy going from FL to CO. I'm sure that you will find the perfect workout rotation to work for you in both places. :wink:

Erika, Oh yes they have Prom really early around here. They have a venue, and bused the kids there. This way they feel that the kids will not be drinking. They had eight coach buses ready to go when I left the high school. Since there are not many places in the area that can handle this many people, for a reasonable price, most of the schools use the same venue. There are Proms going on around this area the first weekend in April until May. I understand about the running around and getting your workouts in. It has been a lot better for us now that the youngest can drive. I don't have to wait at the HS for her anymore. :bigsmile:

Thelma, Your new therapist sounds like he goes above and beyond. How nice to have more information on handling you therapy. That ball against the wall sounds like a good way to get that area. I know sometimes I would love to get to those spots, but dang my arms can't reach that way. :laugh: Great job on getting a workout in, but not using your upper body.

Tami, Oh I hope you didn't workout in the pouring rain. I have been feeling so much better from a year ago, and I think that I have improved my endurance from before that. I know that I feel much better since I cut down on my carb consumption. :wink: Or maybe I was getting to much sugar. STS/XT sounds like a great combo. I have been wanting to do the STS, but I know that I would probably not finish. How are the to systems incorporated? Cathe's roadtrip was hear in Wisconsin, and she said that she was thinking of doing an STS2, but having shorter workouts. This was not something that she had in the works, but was thinking about. I would love this. :heart:

I ordered Afterburn, Slow & Heavy and Crossfire from Cathe. They had SH for $17, so I couldn't pass that up. Totalfitness is having a sale, and I'm looking at some others of Cathe's. For sure I want the Knockout workout, and I was thinking of X10 (is this a good one?) Are there any others that I probably should have? Now remember I'm not that great with the step, but I can do low-impact on it without to many problems.

Well I have to get going, have a great evening,
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
    I did my therapy exercises today and I don't feel as sore as I did yesterday which is a good thing because I did more reps.
    Tonight I finally tried "Party Rockin Step 2" and I really liked it. Laurel, thanks for recommending it because I could follow most of it. It gave a good burn and I hardly moved my arms! THAT makes this a winner! :tongue: !
    I don't know if you ladies saw this 80 y.o grandma dance.
    http://parade.condenast.com/280480/ashleighschmitz/79-year-old-grandma-stuns-the-britains-got-talent-judges-watch-her-dance/

Hi Erika, good to hear from you! Sounds like you are quite busy!! Good for you for still working out 4-5 times a week! :flowerforyou: I bet the new doggy is adorable!! I hope you post some pictures for us to see.
    I am so happy that I've been able to continue exercising despite the shoulder injury. My therapist seems really good. He told me deep tissue massage would be part of the therapy. I know it will hurt but it's for a good cause.
    I was not in pain this morning. I think the injured area went into shock from everything Mark had me do.

Fabulous workout today Laurel!!! :flowerforyou: I can't believe you already found a rental house in FL! I'm so excited for you guys! How long will the drive from CO to FL take? I'm sure you'll figure out a good rotation you can do in FL for those first 2 weeks.
    Thank you on the weight loss congrats! I'm thrilled. It would be nice to lose more than the next 5 lbs before we to to Ireland in June! My body did enjoy the little break last week. I am happy to be doing all the moves the therapist prescribed for me because I have to be able to do 3 sets of each move on both sides and I'm not aching.
    I'm so glad your husband fired that agent! Good for him!

Hi Michelle, I'm glad you're feeling better and that you're considering going to the doctor. I hope you're able to wear your high heels to the ball! I'd love to share Mark with you but you're too far from here. You need to find another one like him in you area! LOL

Laurie, you're doing really great workouts too! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This therapist sounds really good. You should try the ball against the wall and move up/down or side to side until you find the sweet spot you're trying to massage. I was purring last night after I used it! :laugh:

Happy Easter!
    Thelma
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies & Happy Easter! :bigsmile: I missed you all on Friday, sorry about that! I ended up taking Friday off work ..... Very last minute but I was able to do it:drinker: so I have a nice long weekend. WooHoo!
    I ended up not going to Insane-X on Thurs eve because it was truly pouring! I found out on Friday when I went to Spin that they all went over to the covered parking garage at the hospital (where we go in the summer for BootCamp) and they ran stars & did push ups, burpees, side squats up the stars, etc. I have to say I'm not overly disappointed that I missed it....:blushing:
    So Friday I was happy to have the time to get in Total Body Trisets, a walk with the pups & Spinning that eve, (Katy was teaching:bigsmile: ). Yesterday I met my BFF for a walk around Tubbs Hill, which is beautiful, cold but it was a clear a.m. & fun to visit & walk together! She recently started back into walking & I'm all for encouraging that, plus a great way to spend time together! Today's workout is going to be XT "Dbl Trouble" :wink: looking forward to that & a dog walk later. :wink:

Thelma: I'm SO glad Mark is going to be in charge of your PT!! :drinker: he sounds very thorough & your rehab should be all that your body needs to get back on track it sounds! Yahoo:bigsmile: great job keeping at the workouts that don't aggregavate your shoulder & congrats on the 1.2lbs!!!!!! Fantastic :smile: I was laughing when I read about the harness & maybe it's a sign to get a dog! Took Emma & Bernie for a walk again on Friday and both did fabulous again with the harness! Told my mom about it, she's getting one. Now for her dog :laugh:

Laurie: it's so great to hear about how much better you are feeling & your endurance level, etc from last year. I know that was not a fun time for you & coming out of it, being on this side of things has to feel amazing! Yes, I'm all for a great workout but in the pouring rain, ummmm no:noway: I guess there was only 5 of them that showed, "the regulars" minus me. I will find that rotation & send it to your message box here --- you too Laurel! I think it looks great & like you, someone is good at putting rotations together!
    X10 is fabulous! So if you didn't already buy that one I say definitely a go to workout! It's another one that has several premixes for shorter time frames or up to "77" Minutes :wink:

Michelle: great work getting in Rockout Knockout! :wink: here's hoping you get that knee looked at so you can be out of pain sooner than later! :wink: sorry to hear about your rain as well.... We had a nice day yesterday & then a wind/rain storm came in last night. It's clear today for all the Easter festivities! Very nice .

Laurel: way to end the week with another fantastic combo! :bigsmile: you're AMAZING!!! :drinker: yes, I'm a little bit on the happy side if that instructor is leaving if I'm being honest.... I like her as a person but I think her lack of enthusiasm for what she is doing shows through in her classes :frown: If it's true then it does mean someone else will teach the class in place of "running camp" this summer:drinker: that's great news to hear you have found a rental already :smile: Nice to know you have a place to go to, the unknown of moving is unsettling at times "& to know you have a plan + a home is a huge comfort I would think! :bigsmile:
    Flexible workout to say the least it sounds..... I know you will find the perfect way to make it work for you during this time! You always have and it is remarkable to me! I will send you that rotation in case it could work for you :wink: and /or for future rotations!
    Hope you are having a fabulous day with your family on this Easter Sunday :flowerforyou: special & a little bittersweet too, as you say. Enjoy :flowerforyou:

Erika: sounds like Spring sports/activities is kicking it right into busy times for you again! Great job with getting in your workouts whenever you can! That's awesome & you should be proud of that:drinker: I hope you enjoy your new little foster pal! So awesome you are able to offer these pets with your home & love.
    Thanks for the thoughts on the FitBit :wink: I was just curious. I still have the BodyBugg but it's been a long time since I've used it.

Hope you all have an amazing weekend & Happy Easter :flowerforyou:
    Tami