Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great weekend of workouts for me :wink: Saturday I did Total Body Tri-Sets & yesterday was CTX Leaner Legs + Barre section from Lean Legs & Abs! :bigsmile: I forced myself to do that, but always love when I get a little Barre training in and that one is short & sweet! :smile: Weekend was all about clearing out our “make shift” pantry and organizing it. DH was fully on board and helped make it so nice. :bigsmile: We have so much room now. I also cleared out a tiny hall closet that had towels/sheets/misc and that will most likely become our pantry instead. Feels great! Now my mind is on to organizing my closet, kitchen, etc…. Funny how that happens :laugh: Just finding the time. No workout today unfortunately ~ I was planning on my regular p.m. BootCamp but found out we are meeting the in-laws for dinner. It’s their 51 year wedding anniversary. So very nice stuff there and it is an annual tradition they go to a restaurant right near our house.

Thelma: Hope your weekend was great! :smile: Looked like you got in some great workouts.I’m so happy to hear that you are already feeling like you have found the absolute perfect place to take care of your injury! Yay :drinker: What a relief! Love that they are already giving you “homework” to do as well. Sounds like they are on top of it. I meant to comment on Friday about my friend …. Not sure what kind of magnet therapy it was but she swears by it and says it is truly what put her on the other side and got her on track for working out.

Laurel: Sounds like a fun weekend! :bigsmile: So glad you were able to be outside and get your first rounds of golf in :bigsmile: I almost opted for Lower Body Blast yesterday :wink: and then reached for an “oldie” instead. I do have it down for this week though ~ my last week of this rotation. Fantastic job with the workouts! Holy smokes lady,:noway: :laugh: that is funny you “wanted more” after all that. Glad you talked yourself out of it. That absolutely makes sense on the 5-disc player now. I thought, how in the world does she have the patience for one-by-one . . . but again, it’s Laurel and I think she is a star! :laugh: I may do a similar format of XTrain beginning in my new mix of things. Not sure yet, but I love what you did there. I may not have the time for double troubles in the a.m. :ohwell: but I will see what I can put together ~ thanks for mentioning it

Michelle: You burned some serious calories today! :drinker: Way to WORK!! :wink:

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ talk to you tomorrow! :flowerforyou:

Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, good to see that you had a great weekend! DH and I went to see the movie Noah. I really didn't want to see that movie but DH did so I went with him. I walked out of that theater feeling quite refreshed after the nice nap I took! :laugh: :laugh:

I did Tabaticise today, the 5 tabatas and stretch at the end. I actually used my arms more than I have in a while and so far so good! On Friday I did spinning, Saturday Lean Legs & Abs and about 10minutes on the spinning bike, Sunday more spinning.

My injury seems to be on the recovery path. Thank God! I've been doing the exercise I was given on Friday with the 2lb dumbbells without any pain. I only got the ache/throbbing on Friday after the first time I did the exercise.
    My PT session today started by doing stretch using a stretching strap. I stretched my pecs, arms and then planks on the underside of the bosu! :drinker: She had me do a couple of pushups too.:drinker: I was doing leg raises while on all 4's so my arms got a big workout and I feel fine. Now I get to do this little workout at home. The therapist was thrilled for me today. She can't believe I'm recovering so fast. I think the rest is paying off. The other good thing is that the vertebra she repositioned last week are staying in place! This is very encouraging.
    My injury seems to be on the outer pec on the left side. Of course if the pec is tight it will affect my shoulder rotation and the bicep.

Tomorrow at the gym I'll be doing my final fitness assessment of the weight loss challenge.
    We got a lot of rain between Saturday and this morning. We had a minor flood in the basement in my workout area! What a pain! DH was wonderful about drying up the place for me since yesterday. At least I was able to use the spinning bike. I had the treadmill too but spinning burns more calories! When I got home tonight DH had already put my workout area together for me. He's such a sweetie! :love:

Laurel, I can't believe you and your DH already played golf this year! Sounds like a lot of fun! Great workouts too. I still can't believe you don't need a nap after your killer workouts! :laugh: It's great that you already have your next routine planned out.
    The 5cd changer is a great idea Laurel. I wanted to get one a while back but couldn't justify buying another player given that the one I have now is was fairly new at the time I wanted the multi disc changer. I'm sure it makes a huge difference in your workouts. Now I understand why you include pieces from multiple DVD's in your routines! I also remember that there weren't too many 5 disc player choices when I looked into them.
    How are those arms looking now? I'm sure your arms are already showing serious definition.

Tami, you did an awesome workout selection this weekend! Way to go with reorganizing your closets! I need to do that with our linen closet. I also need to start putting away my winter and fat clothes to make space in the closet for spring/summer clothes. I need to go shopping in the attic again! LOL
    I hope you had a wonderful dinner with your in-laws. 51 year wedding anniversary! WOW!!! That is just amazing! :flowerforyou:

I am thrilled about my PT progress Tami. Now that I think about it I think the fact that the therapist put vertebrae and ribs back in place made all the difference in the world. That is really when I started to feel better! I just love my therapist. She's the most positive and cheerful person! Last week she even showed me some stretches for my hip flexors that got really deep which is what I needed.
    I bet your friend uses the Nikken magnets. There have been studies on those magnets and I can attest to the fact that they work.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Quick Check In,

Quiet but busy weekend with a Physics project on Saturday, not sure what happened but my left knee was affected by TF and it was throbbing throughout the weekend. I wore my cross-trainers but obviuosly I need more than that as my left knee is the good knee.:sad: On Sunday, we took hubby to the airport for his trip up North where he landed to snow and several wrecks on the highway.:noway: Yesterday I enjoyed Ufit Lower Body and Patrick Goudeau Kickbox Burn which I completed to a nice calorie burn. My arms were definitely worked hard and of course I wore my gloves for an extra umph.:bigsmile: Today Michelle Dozois's Cardio Intervals and 20 mins Pilates. I'm wearing a jumper's knee brace on my left patella but I'm not sure if it is helping wo I will use again tomorrow with TF again.

Thelma- We were suppose to take the kids to see Noah but now I'm concerned after your napfest.:tongue:

Tami- Sounds like a great weekend. I completed some more Spring cleaning this weekend with storing all winter outerwear in the garage closets to make room in the girls closet but I obviously need to get back in there again.:grumble: The weather is great here, near 70's so time for some Spring planting.:bigsmile:

Laurel- Glad to see the weather is good enough for some golfing. It is awesome here with around 40 at night but overall I think Spring is officially here.:bigsmile:

Ok off to run to the school as Spring flowers has major pollen floating which has my eldest stuffy with red eyes and just a miserable day.

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did today's workout in two parts again. The early workout was XTrain Cardio Legs Blast, and I added on the 100 Hip Thrusts and Core 2 just for fun. The later workout was Kick Max, which hit the legs a little more. Both workouts seemed to fly by today.

Tami, I hope you enjoyed the anniversary celebration with your in-laws! 51 years is a long time. Sounds like you had a great weekend of workouts. I will have to remember the Leaner Legs/barre combo. I love Leaner Legs, but haven't done it in forever. We did some spring cleaning this weekend too! Still trying to clear out before moving. DH focused on the basement. I had a much more appealing job in the living room. :smile:

Thelma, I am so happy to hear you continue to improve!! Sounds like your therapist is as well. I hope the final assessment goes well! Actually I have no doubt that it will given how hard you have been working. Sorry to hear about 'Noah'. How long was it? DH and I watched 'The Wolf of Wall Street' on Friday, and I was stunned it was three hours long. :noway: So glad we watched it at home. My arms.....look the same to me. But DH did comment on them this weekend, which was nice. :smile: Sorry to hear about the basement flood. What a pain. :grumble:

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear about your knee! I know some people had issues with their knees and Turbo Fire. I think she moves so quickly that there isn't enough time to properly set the feet before some moves. I hope it feels better soon. Yes, Saturday was nice with temps in the 60s. But we are still getting down below freezing at night. Yesterday we had 75 mile an hour winds and it is supposed to snow on Thursday. So winter isn't done with us yet. :angry:

See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Dinner with the in-laws was very nice! :wink: Like I mentioned yesterday they go to the same restaurant every year and it is almost walking distance from our house. The last few years they have invited us, which is thoughtful. It has become a big deal for DH to try and beat them to the restaurant so he can buy. Well this year, my MIL called ahead during the day. Pretty tricky. :grumble: I was mistaken, it’s 52 years! So incredible. This a.m. was HardStrikes + Core & I added on the Bicep 100-rep challenge. Tonight will be Insane-X. :wink: We are having a beautiful sunny day today and almost 60 degrees! Thanks for sending us your weekend weather Laurel!

Thelma: Great job with Tabatacise & your Spinning over the weekend along with Lean Legs & Abs! :drinker: Awesome ….. you’re not letting that arm slow you down! So good that you are already feeling like it is more towards the recovery side of things. YAHOO :bigsmile: I will make a note to myself not to watch Noah, especially if it is a yawner. I haven’t heard good reviews yet. Your hubby is so awesome! :smile: What a sweet thing to do getting your area all cleaned up and ready to go for you. Yes, it felt awesome to get that done & having DH dig right in and do a lot of it with me was so helpful, kept me motivated to keep going. I thought he would maybe get rid of stuff I didn’t want to so I had to stay at it with him. LOL Can’t wait to hear how your final assessment goes tonight! Good Luck ~ But I know you will do amazing! :flowerforyou:

Michelle: Great job with the workouts!!! :bigsmile: I almost opted for Patrick’s KB Burn today instead of HardStrikes, since I’ve only done that one once. It’s fun I think. Hopefully your knee feels better, glad to hear you are wearing a brace while it’s bugging you. All of the workouts you have mentioned have some plyo/turning action so I can imagine it’s a little aggravated. Doesn’t that Spring cleaning just feel great!?!?!? We had just so-so weather so it was good to be inside and get it done. My mother-in-law is headed to San Antonio and Dallas with her sister …. She is dreading the heat. I asked her if I could fit in her suitcase! Now I know where my hubby gets the “I don’t like the heat” from.:wink:

Laurel: Fabulous job with the workout(s) again today! :bigsmile: Double whammy on those legs forsure! Great work. Sounds like a few of us had the Spring cleaning bug this weekend. I can imagine with you guys getting ready to move you want to have already gone through your stuff before you start packing/moving. Very smart! :wink: Any news on the jobs? Yikes on your weather turning, :noway: but like ours it can change minute by minute.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    My assessment went pretty well today. According to the gym's scale I've lost 12 lbs since we started in early January. Today I definitely lost a little bit everywhere including my thighs! My BMI and body fat and heart rate recovery time have improved too.
    I didn't do the pushups but thankfully they'll use the same number from last month for that. I'll get a final report next week.
    There was another trainer doing an assessment on her client and she started bragging about her client having lost a total of 10lbs. So I told Sarah you can start bragging about me any time now! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: and SHE DID! LOL
    I really hope my team wins. Since our team is the largest of 4 our chances are pretty good IF people were good.

My left arm is a little stiff and it's throbbing. I guess I did too much yesterday between the PT and my tabatacise workout! I think it's more what I did during PT, planks on the bosu, a couple of pushups.
    I'm going to a conference locally the next two days I'll eat my own breakfast and snacks. I hope they have a salad in their lunch offerings and hopefully there will be some type of healthy chicken. It's in a hotel if they don't have anything I can eat I'll go the hotel's restaurant to buy a salad! The breakfast for the conference: pastries and coffee! Talk about giving us a sleeping pill right out of the gate with all that sugar!
    I must've eaten a little bit too much over the weekend because now I have one lb to lose by Thursday. I don't know if that will be a happening thing but that's OK I know it will happen by next week if I don't make it this week.

Michelle, great workouts! Sorry about your knee! When my knee bugs me is because I have caused myself a muscle imbalance. If you don't have one of those big foam rollers I highly recommend you get one. I use the roller every day after my workouts and that is how I've been staying away from knee problems. The other thing I use is a silicon pastry roller! I actually bought this roller a while ago when I was going to PT for my knee and the therapist used a big foam pastry roller like thing. I am always able to roll the tightness on my cuads and IT bands with these two rollers. For me when my IT bands get tight my patella gets pulled out of place and it's not fun.

The Noah movie may be fine for the girls Michelle. This was movie is not what you'll get on Sunday school though because they added a lot of fiction. I would say read the reviews.

Laurel, great leg workouts! I'll have to agonize till next week to see if my team won the assessment. I'm not sure if I've had a setback with my arm. I think the shoulder/bicep/pec areas affected are in a little bit of a shock from everything I did yesterday.
    Was the movie The Wolf of Wall Street good? For some reason DH hasn't said anything about this movie. I can't remember how long Noah was but too long for my taste.
    I think you should believe your husband about your arms!!! Thankfully for us the rain stopped and the basement dried up without a major flood like we had in 2010 when everything near us was flooded.

Tami, I'm so glad dinner with the in-laws went well. 52 years!!! That is amazing! Funny about fighting for the dinner check. We go through that every month when we meet with my brother-in-law and his wife. Usually my DH wins but now the sis-in-law is trying to get to the waitress first. Last time she told the waitress when we were ordering our food to give her the check!
    Great workouts today Tami! I'm sure Insane-X will yield a huge calorie burn! We also had a beautiful day today.

Right now the arm feels like I had a little bit of a setback but hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
    My hubby is really sweet and takes good care of me. You must be relieved to have tackled the closets. I'm sure it's one of those things that can easily go on the back burner. Good move for staying with your husband to make sure he didn't get rid of too many things. I have to do that too!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Can't believe that this is not blocked! I just have a quick question for those of you that have To The Max and Cross Fire. Cathe has these on the deal of the day. They look good, but wanted some opinions from ladies that have tried them. I will try to get on line more, it just has been so dang busy. Everyone is doing great in our house, and I'm feeling super tough! :laugh:

Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tough workout today. I started with XTrain Supercuts, then did all the 100 rep upper body challenges and my own 100 push-up challenge. I followed it with the X77 premix from Cathe's X10 DVD. My arms are tired, but the whole thing felt good. I recently changed my diet a bit, and I am amazed how much more energy I have right now for my workouts. Nothing significant (more protein, less carbs), but it is an improvement.

Laurie!!!! So good to see you!! I have both DVD's. I love Cross Fire and highly recommend it. It starts with basic (but intense) cardio moves (no choreography, just drills), goes into a tabata (with Firewalker band), then into cardio/weight drills, another tabata and stretch. There are also bonus tabatas and a fabulous core workout. Challenging and flies by. To The Max is also very good, but if you are still shying away from step workouts, it relies heavily on the step. But if you are fine with the step, Cathe uses it at 8 or 10 inches, and there is a lot of jumping up and down off the step. I enjoy the workout (which has a steady state section, tabatas, HiiT, and core), and find it very challenging, so I recommend it as well....if you are okay with the step. So that's my take. Hope you are doing well. I miss you!!!!

Tami, glad you enjoyed your dinner with the in-laws. How sneaky of your MIL to plan in advance like that! Sounds like some great workouts. Noticed you did the 100 rep bicep challenge. These 100 rep challenges are no fun, but having done them for the past four weeks, I must admit.....they are making a difference. I am actually a little surprised by that. :noway: So I am thinking of sticking with them throughout this next rotation to see what happens. No news on jobs yet, but we expected that. There are a couple other jobs in the running right now as well, so I have all my fingers and toes crossed that we will have something settled in the next few weeks. I really hope so because that would mean we could both sit back, relax, and enjoy our last month with the Air Force.

Thelma, I am glad your assessment went well. I hope you are proud of that weight loss total! I think that is amazing! I am sorry to hear your arm is bothering you more. Hopefully resting it a bit will take care of that. I didn't care for The Wolf of Wall Street if I am being honest. I thought it was about twice as long as it needed to be as there was really nothing to the story. Leonardo DiCaprio was very good in it, and there were some funny parts. But it was just completely over-done on so many levels.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Well it was flat out Insane-X last night. Meaning we did the 28-non-stop cardio version AFTER about a 15 minute warm-up including a few sets of full length gym lines, (aka: suicide drills) burpees and mtn climbers. Then did the 28-min, then got on the line again and did more suicide drills. :huh: Phew! It was tough but felt great when we were done. The girl I told you about last week came back by herself this week. She was next to me during the lines so I offered her tons of encouragement and high 5’s when she finished ea. set . . . she was the last one to finish but FINISHED every line and every burpee, etc…. she is a trooper forsure! :drinker: This a.m. was Lower Body Blast and then headed to Spin tonight. :smile:

Thelma: Sounds to me like your assessment went really well! :drinker: That is so fantastic. I love it that you told Sarah to start bragging about you as well ….. I’m sure she has been, you just didn’t know it! Great job being prepared for your conference the next couple of days and your meal planning. I’m hoping your arm is better even today as you read this! I bet you are spot on with it just being a little shocked and with some rest it will be feeling better soon. :wink: We are having another great weather day. Here’s hoping tomorrow will be as well . . . it’s our first Insane-X outside “no matter what” class!

Laurie: Great to hear from you! I don’t think you can go wrong with either of those workouts. They are two of my favorites. :bigsmile: Hope things are good with you, I see you have been doing quite a variety of workouts ~ great job! Miss you and wishing you all the best. Stop in again when you can :flowerforyou:

Laurel: My usual words to describe your “awesomeness” are not enough for your workouts today! :bigsmile: Seriously friend ….. you rocked it! Way to go. I love that you are already feeling a difference in your food changes. I did that a while back, and have continued. Now my body is used to it so I wonder if it is time for another change?!? But I really like how much better I feel. Thanks for the feedback on the 100-rep challenges. I often wonder on little bonuses like that if they make a difference other than of course the extra burn at the end. :laugh: I realized too it certainly didn’t take me that much longer to sneak it in, so I will try and discipline my a.m. workouts by adding those challenges here & there and see how it goes. :smile: I saw Cathe’s April rotation, it’s another good one. I’m looking forward to a little more concentrated weight work thrown into my mix right now. Doesn't take me long to miss that after a long STS rotation. :wink: Your reviews of Wolf of Wall Street sound about like what I have imagined. Although my BFF went with someone to the theater and wanted to leave :frown: ….. we almost watched it the other night but didn’t because of her saying it. I’m sure DH will want to watch it. 3 hrs though – YIKES that’s a long movie with not a very good plot for that long.

Hi Michelle ~ Hope your knee is doing better today! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I did my spinning bike while I watched TV. Did it for 50 minutes which was great. I was tired from the conference. Glad we were given the opportunity to do this conference/training because it's really good. The bad thing about it was the food. It's a good thing I took my snacks because I would've had to starve and I practically did starve. Breakfast I knew I was on my own for as well as my snacks. Lunch was an issue. They gave us a menu with 5-6 dishes to choose from and there was nothing good in there for me. I asked if I could just buy a salad myself and they said they'll see what they can do about getting me what I needed as part of the $$$ we paid for the training. I got maybe 1 cup of mixed greens and 3oz of grilled chicken. That was my lunch! By the time I got home I could've eaten all the bad food I could've gotten my hands on. I had my banana and couple of pita chips then went to do my workout. At least I had my snacks but no one else did! We didn't even get coffee in the afternoon! Thankfully there was nothing boring about this training!

Laurie, I recently got Cross Fire and I love it so I highly recommend it.

Laurel, you really amaze me every day with your workouts! Interesting that your diet change has made so much difference in your energy level! My day today unfortunately included too many carbs but I had no choice. I couldn't take any snacks that needed refrigeration so I took an apple, 1/2 cuke, Skinny Pop and some almonds.
    I really am proud of my weight loss and also that I consider my workouts a top priority no matter what now. Tonight I was pretty close to talking myself out of working out and that is when I went for a spin. Tomorrow is my "at home" weigh in day so I needed a good burn!
    My arm was bothering me when I woke up this morning so I iced it (I should've iced yesterday too!) and thankfully my arm feels pretty good now.
    That Leo DiCaprio movie didn't call my name at all when we watched the previews and thankfully it is not something DH would want to see!

Tami, what a killer workout you had yesterday! How wonderful that the newbie from last week returned to class today! I'm sure you had a lot to do with that. You cheered her on and made her feel safe! What a great thing to do for her Tami!
    Nice workouts today too! I can't wait to read all about your outdoor class tomorrow! I hope you have a beautiful day tomorrow!
    We had a nice day today and we had daylight till probably 7PM!
    I'm so excited about my assessment. Now I can't wait till I get on the scale tomorrow morning!
    I really think my arm was shocked yesterday from everything I hit it with on Monday. Of course I should've iced yesterday but I was lazy about it. Today the ice made a huge difference. I know Sarah had talked to the owner about all the hard work I'm doing and she's told them that I'm the most motivated person there. The reason why I told her to brag is because the woman the other trainer was bragging about is the one who won the "client of the month" award in January and I am convinced that honor should've gone to me but they didn't wait till everybody weighed in before they made that call.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

Well I was in pain yesterday so I know that I really did something wrong as I have never injured this knee before so I opted for Pilates floor work yesterday. This morning the ache is still there so I went with an Upper Body Circuit followed with Zumba which was perfect for me. I did not have issues until right at the end so I feel better.

Tami- 52 years is awesome and calling ahead was truly genius of your MIL.:laugh: Oooh I do not miss those suicide drills from Bootcamp!:noway: Of course you brought it but my poor knee is hurting at the thought of those moves.:tongue:

Thelma- I will look into those rollers as this is painful and a hindrance at this time.:grumble: I may need to use some heat and will buy some Bengay or something today b/c this other brand is not helping at all.

Laurie- Glad to hear all is well in the nest.:bigsmile:

Laurel- Superwoman, I heard that roar!:wink: 100 push-up challenge combine with the 100 rep upper body, I guess that dress will be looking sharp at hubby's retirement ceremony.:wink:

Ok off to grab the eldest and head to the doctor.

Have a great day ladies! I have a new contract starting tomorrow so my month will be hectic plus the eldest is back in the water competing this weekend. She is officially in the new age bracket and very nervous so send us lot sof positive vibes for a good race.:bigsmile:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with XTrain legs and XTrain Core 1. I followed it with Intensity (including the Bootcamp portion). Good stuff!

Tami, sounds like a tough class! Great job getting through it AND encouraging the new class member!! I bet she really appreciated it. I completely agree with you about little challenges at the end of workouts. I am usually 'whatever'. So like I said yesterday, color me surprised when I can tell these 100 rep challenges are working! :noway: I have always struggled with endurance more than strength, but, amazingly, I feel an improvement in both! I could really tell it during yesterday's X77 workout. I thought my arms would give up at about the 40 minute mark, but they didn't......and I even went up in weight in some areas! Crazy. About the diet, I think changing things up a bit now and again is good. I certainly fall into habits, eating the same types of things over and over and over.......so sometimes I think I need to do better. And seasonal changes, for me, are good for that. Of course, today doesn't look like we've had a season change because it is snowing! :grumble:

Thelma, I am sorry to hear about the conference food. It is such a pain sometimes trying to find healthy food. I remember going to a luncheon once when I was trying to lose the weight, and the lunch was a croissant sandwich. I sat there and mentally calculated the calories to be about 1500 for the entire plate of food. For lunch!! That was more than I was supposed to eat in an entire day! Really bothers me.....still. So I am glad you went prepared with at least some snacks.

Michelle, I am so sorry to hear the knee is still bothering you. Glad you are finding some workouts that are working for you. I hope it gets better soon. Like Thelma, I do recommend a foam roller. It worked miracles on me when I was suffering from a sore hip last year.

See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Well, helllooooooo ladies! :bigsmile:

I seriously need to put a check in on MFP on my daily "to-do" list! I get so busy, I just forget! :grumble:

Things are great here. Workouts have been happening every day (thanks to my super motivating Fitbit community!) and I even found a really nice (and cheap) indoor track very close to work, so I can go walk there when the weather is cruddy out. Given that we are getting ANOTHER major snowstorm, I think the weather will be crappy for awhile here! :grumble:

Michelle--I hope your Spring Break was enjoyable, despite the bum knee. I had to stop doing kickboxing/TF due to it bothering my knees. I'm sticking to walking, weights and Yoga for now. Good luck with the new contract work and to your daughter this weekend! :bigsmile:

Tami--Holy moly, those classes are intense! I love that the instructor noticed you missed one! Sounds like a great motivator to make sure you are always there! :bigsmile:

Laurel--Ok, how are you not completely a bowl of jelly with those crazy workouts?? My body would be sore for days! :laugh: Nice work exhausting those muscles! I'm happy to hear someone else gets to enjoy snow along with me! :wink:

Thelma--I'm so happy to hear you found a good therapist that can get your body back to proper alignment! Sounds like it is doing the trick and paired with the awesome sessions at the gym, you are well on your way! Great job! :bigsmile:

Hi Laurie!!! :bigsmile:

Back to work...hopefully I get to leave early due to the storm rolling in...6-10" of snow overnight for us...

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great Spinning last night! :wink: Today is all out Insanity. :bigsmile: I went to the noon Insane Abs class and headed to the new “outside” Insane-X after work. The “usual” peeps will be there and she is excited to start. She said she will be doing some T25 moves and not a bunch of craziness! We’ll see. :huh: I have my long tights, t-shirt, long sleeve and thin jacket if needed. We have lucked out so far, we have another nice day. Hope the wind doesn’t pick up! We should be good.

Thelma: So awesome that you stuck to your own menu & brought your snacks. Very smart. :wink: Glad to hear the training wasn’t boring, also a plus!! They can sometimes be a yawn fest forsure. I was happy to see her back at class as well and I know it always feels good no matter what level you are at to have encouragement! So far so good on the nice weather so we should be pretty good outside. Our evenings are getting longer and longer …. Love it! :bigsmile: Tomorrow I may opt for a dog walk when I get home. Get Emma in that harness again. Well I think Sarah should be bragging about you forsure and I hope you receive the client of the month award very soon!

Michelle: Darn it on the knee pain! :frown: I’m glad you are staying aware of it and making different choices until that twinge goes away. Great job with the Upper Body Circuit & Zumba. I’m glad Zumba doesn’t bother your knee. Sending good vibes to your daughter! :flowerforyou:

Laurel: Another great combo of workouts today!! :drinker: Nice job. It was another tough one forsure and as I said to Thelma, I think the encouragement helps her not only to continue coming but feeling like she’s a part of the class instead of the “new person” as many do at times I’m sure. Well it sounds like all the things you are currently doing are definitely working! Your endurance is there I would say! :wink:

Erika: Great to hear from you! More SNOW?!?? :grumble: That’s awesome you have found an indoor track nearby to get some walking in. That’s awesome the Fitbit is giving you so much motivation. Keep up the great work friend ~ Hang in there with your busy schedule and the boys.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I finally met my 15 lb weight loss! :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: I'm so excited! I would love to lose 15 more but that may be an unrealistic goal to set. Too big of a goal I think so I need to have a doable goal like 5 lbs.
    This morning I stopped for coffee and as I was walking on the parking lot toward the shop my heel went into a hole and it bent my left foot in a scary way. I didn't fall thankfully. It looked like the sole of my left foot was facing my right foot as opposed to being planted on the ground! As soon as I got to the hotel I asked a waitress to get me a bag of ice and she had wrapped a big napkin around it. I kept the ice on for a long time. My foot is not swollen nor am I limping.
    I wanted to do one of my step DVD's tonight but I was afraid to hurt my foot more so I did the spinning bike then iced again.

Hi Michelle, so sorry about your knee!
    These are the exact massage moves I do on the roller for my legs.
    http://www.performbetter.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/PBOnePieceView?storeId=10151&pagename=91
    If you're in pain you need to go easy on that knee in case you have such an imbalance that your knee cap is being pulled out of place. I use the foam roller almost every day.

Laurel - Great workout today! Nice!!!!
    Today's lunch included a chicken Caesar salad. I crossed most of the ingredients out and just kept the lettuce and the chicken. I had them add tomatoes, cukes and onions. It was great. i wasn't the only one who arrived with snacks today! LOL
    Some of those dishes have an insane number of calories!

Erika - Great job with the workouts!!!! Good for you for finding an indoor track for your cardio when the weather is not so good!
    I'm so happy with my recovery progress so far and definitely the therapist was a great find!

Tami - Great workouts! Can't wait to read about your outdoor Insanity class!
    There was no way I was going to jeopardize my diet with that bad food yesterday and today. I am so thankful the training wasn't boring because I would've fallen asleep. When a meeting is boring I just can't keep my eyes open and it's so embarrassing! We also had another nice day today. A little cooler tomorrow and rain in the afternoon.

Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was the last day of my XTrain rotation. :cry: I really enjoyed this last month of working out. So I decided to go out with a good workout! I did XT Chest, Back and Shoulders, followed by XT Bi's and Tri's. Then I added on Core 2. For cardio, I did my Hard Strikes/Rockout Knockout cardio combo and finished with the conditioning drills in Hard Strikes. A very long workout, but I enjoyed it!

Tami, I am really anxious to hear how the first outdoor class went. Hopefully the weather held for you.

Erika, so good to see you!! I am glad your workouts are going well!! Sorry to hear about the snow, though. No, you aren't alone. :grumble: But I keep telling myself we need the moisture. :ohwell:

Thelma, congratulations on reaching your goal!!! That is fantastic!! I agree....small goals from now on are good. I am sorry to hear about your foot. Hopefully it is okay today.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!
    Tonight I tried one of my new Cathe DVD. This is Cardio Hits one of the oldies! I did the Step Works part. This one was harder to follow but at least Cathe breaks the steps down so that helped. As always I just kept on moving when I couldn't follow.

My foot thankfully is better but this morning I could tell I had a muscle imbalance on my things because my knees hurting and I just could tell they were being pulled out to the side. After my workout tonight I spent about 20 minutes kneading the tightness out of my hamstrings, cuads and, butt and IT bands. I could also tell my hip flexors were tight so I worked on those too. I'm still a little tight but my knees are feeling MUCH better. I just know when I have the muscle imbalance.

Laurel, Thanks so much on my weight loss and congratulations to you for finishing up your XT rotation!
    You went out with a bang lady! Amazing workouts today! I hope you took before pictures of your arms before you started working on those arms for your husband's retirement party!
    Speaking of your husband, has he heard anything about the job interviews he went to a few weeks ago?
    I really think I have to stick to a small goal for weigh loss going forward.
    I went shopping in the attic when I got home from work and I have all these bottoms I can wear for the spring and summer but I need the weather to be warmer so I can wear open toe shoes!

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,422 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I'm actually sitting on my butt watching some Tony Stark! We are going to see Captain America later, so just getting in the Avenger mood. :wink: We have been super busy (at home, and at work). I have been doing a rotation that includes three total body workouts, one of the workouts being a circuit type. Have been getting some great results from it. I'm including some short and long cardio, and of course getting in way more yoga and stretching. That is something that I have avoided, and now I know I need to make the effort to include it in my rotations. I really want to do the XTrain 30 day Strength rotation, but with getting such good results from this current structure, I'm scared to change things up.

Today my workouts where XTrain Hardstrikes Premix 16, and Met-Rx 180 Stretch & Refresh.

The girls are doing really well, youngest is taking a nap right now. :yawn: She just got back from an indoor track meet, and she did really well. Her three relay teams got one of each type of metal. She was the anchor on the 4 lap that came in first, so she was a very happy girl when she got home. She is also still in dance, and will be going to her Junior prom next weekend.

Oldest is having fun at an indoor water park this weekend.

I'm hoping to get online more, so I can keep this improvement going.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Today I finished my 3rd week of Meso3 ... chest and back.

I've hit PRs in 3 lifts this week - deadlift, row, and bench press. I came out of this workout feeling so strong and accomplished. Watching myself in the mirror while doing jumping jacks between sets, I could almost see the results for which I've been working.

Certainly not the end (there is no end in this journey of mine), but my deltoids and pectoralis major were pretty pumped ... I grinned at my musculature, "There you are. I've been waiting for you to make an appearance!"

Who else has had such a moment?

And can I just say, "Way to go ladies!" In reading through your comments, I'm really amazed at what all you accomplish. A high five to each and every one of you: Erika, Laurel, Laurie, Michelle, Tami, Thelma, and everyone I missed. This conversation is such an inspiration. :happy:

Kira
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all enjoyed a good weekend. We had a bit of a crazy weekend, to be honest. We found out last week that we may be headed to Florida--permanently--this summer! :drinker: My husband was unofficially offered one of the jobs he interviewed for while down there a few weeks ago. Of course, nothing is official until the paperwork is signed, but things are looking good right now. So we spent the weekend coming up with a course of action for moving and, of course, clearing out more things from the house. We are making quite a bit of progress there!!

So Saturday was my day off from working out, but I was back at it yesterday. I started with Lower Body Trisets, and then I did Insanity's Max Interval Sports Training. This is the first Insanity workout I have done in probably 18 months. Shaun T........how I missed him! It felt fantastic. I hope to start adding more Insanity workouts to my rotation as I may end up doing a full rotation of some combo of insanity, T25 and Asylum while we transition. Today was Gym Style Chest and Triceps followed by 100 reps of push-ups and lying tricep extensions. :noway: I followed it with Workout 1 from Core Max and Cathe's Greatest Hits DVD for cardio.

Laurie, glad to hear everything for you and your family is going well. I completely understand about being afraid to change rotations. I just finished up a 4 week XTrain rotation (one that I made up) and I really had great results from it. But I also know if I don't shake things up, those results won't be so good. So now I am on to Gym Styles and Pure Strength. Hope you enjoyed Captain America!!

Kira, I have had that moment!! And I know exactly what you are talking about. I am so happy to hear you are getting such great results from STS. That program transformed me. Some days, when I look back at pictures of myself six years ago, I think it took 10 years off my life....or at least 10 years off the way I looked.:blushing: You are so right.....the journey never ends. But, boy, is it a fantastic journey sometimes. :flowerforyou:

Thelma, glad to hear your foot was feeling better. Step Works is definitely tougher to follow. I actually think of it as Cathe's last workout before she stopped breaking down her step moves, so it right in the cusp. But it is a good one too. No, I didn't take any photos of my arms. I get too embarrassed. :blushing: But I do think they are improving. Of course, cleaning up my diet helps. :ohwell: Thanks for asking about my DH. We are both excited about this possibility in Florida right now. It is just so helpful to have some inkling of what is next.

Tami and Erika, hope you are well!

See you tomorrow!

Laurel