Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Glad to see that you had a nice weekend! Tonight I tried Intensity! Is it an intense workout or what? :tongue:
    I didn't have time for the full workout so I only did the Timesaver - Step + HiiT (High) premix. Tami and Laurel, can you tell me what the bootcamp part of this workout is about? There isn't a video clip for this DVD! I liked the workout and the step part wasn't as some of the moves on the other "easy" step workouts.
    Next week is the gym's final assessment for the challenge.
    Tomorrow is my personal training session and of course I'll do the elliptical, legs and abs. Then on Wed. I will have my first PT session. I can't wait!

Laurel - amazing workouts this weekend! I'm glad your hubby is done with his interviews. Keeping my fingers crossed for 3 offers for him! So sweet of him to ask you which place you would prefer! Good answer too!

Low Max was really a good workout. I had a hard time following some of the step moves. I think I know what my problem is. I get disoriented when she gets on the step and exits on the other side and then back. Specially when the camera focuses on her from one direction and then from the other. It totally confuses me! I have no sense of direction!!! Tonight with the Intensity workout. I just said screw the moves just keep stepping on this bench and keep moving! :laugh:
    I am getting very impatient about the arm workouts. Of course every time I let my impatience win the injury reminds me to be patient! :grumble:
    I can't believe you were 97 lbs!!! I'm glad you're feeling better at 110 lbs. I was many years ago 104 lbs! I was able to buy some of my clothes in the children's department! LOL
    Healthy and comfortable I think is the right mindset. I'm sure your arms will be seriously cut pretty soon with all those intense workouts you do!

Tami - I'm so glad you had a great anniversary weekend! A hunting/fishing sports show? OK so you had to do it for your hubby! 5 minutes would've been enough for me! the sacrifices we do for our husbands! Good girl!
    So funny you guys do dual anniversary gifts! That is what we did last year for our 10th. I'm sure your in-laws meant the "old" comment in a good way. We are totally home buddies. Priorities change that is for sure!
    Good for you for getting your workouts in this weekend! I like the Tabatacise DVD! I'm sure BootCamp tonight will get an A+ from you! LOL I'm sure Katy will through some intense moves in there for you!

Thank you for the comments on my workouts! I can't believe I'm working out this hard! I still can't get over how intense that Intensity workout was. I was drenched by the time I was done!
    I am planning my exercise "method" for our vacation in Ireland. I'm not so sure I'll be able to resist the amazing breakfast spread these hotels have though. Usually breakfast is a big meal and I'm the weak one :embarassed: :blushing: . DH is so disciplined about his food.
    I can't believe you've been doing MFP since 2009! I see that Laurel also joined back then. I didn't realize this tool has been around this long. I know that I'll have internet access in Ireland. I will at least log my water intake and exercise time. There is no way I can log the food given that I won't even know caloric contents. I make sure I have an international plan and extra data time. We have kitty cams and I need to be able to see my babies while we're away! :bigsmile:

Good night Ladies!
    Thelma
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Kira, way to go with those Meso workouts! :flowerforyou: Were you able to walk the day after the leg workout?

Thelma and Tami,

I really wasn't expecting to, however ... yes, I could move! ... mostly ...

Although there is definitely some soreness deep in my glutes. :sad: Okay, it is not that bad. :laugh:

Kira
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Tami, thanks for the well wishes for DH and I. He had his last interview this morning and called me as he was driving back to his parent's house. He was asking of the three places/jobs he interviewed for which I would prefer. Too cute! I think he is kind of excited, and I said to him that I hope we are able to have that discussion of which is best for us because that means he gets more than one offer! But......we'll see about that in a few weeks. :ohwell: Hope you enjoyed your choice about Spinning on Friday!!

Kira, both leg workouts back-to-back?!? :noway: Wow!! Great job!! And I know what you mean about those blasts. When I first did that workout, I couldn't get through the third blast without my calves cramping up. Now......they just aren't that bad!!! Congratulations on the improvements!

Laurel,

Best of luck on the jobs discussions ...

I had plenty of time on Friday, and, admittedly, a couple extra calories to burn since I was a bit bad with the chocolate ... and the peanut butter ... and the book reading that encourages me to chew and chew and chew.

So, yes, both leg workouts. Not as bad as my first Meso legs experience, where I was sore for a week!!! My body is adapting to the intensity levels. It is so good to find a group of people that understand that revelation and the fist pumping joy that rides along. :)

Kira
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Quick check in as I'm on early this morning and has been all weekend. My mouth is still sore and I may have torn a stitch in the upper gums.:blushing: Needless to say no exercises except for the 200 I created to do while sitting in the office.:laugh: Dips, sidebends ala Squeeze, legkicks, desk push-ups and butt tucks, I know my husband walked by on Saturday and thought I was crazy.:tongue: My collage videos came but only 3 of 6 due to NIS, so hopefully UFIT with Cindy Whitmarsh is decent.

Laurel- Glad to hear about hubby's excitement, sounds like options are on the table.:bigsmile:

Tami- Yes "you are old"!:laugh: I find that I'm getting old too but unlike hubby I like to plan stuff which may help us in the aging department.:wink::laugh:

Thelma- Way to go on those workouts. Enjoy the trip and everything will fall into place, if you can't exercise then at least opt for Pilates or Yoga base workouts and consider your vacation your Rest week. Plus with all of the walking you will be fine.

Kira- Goodness woman, two LB workouts:noway: Hmnn sounds like your body needed that chocolate.:tongue::laugh: I would of consumed a scone or two of course but hey.:bigsmile:

Ok time to get moving today.

Michelle
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Spring Break here, so I am off work for the week and it feels great! I have been keeping up with my steps on my Fitbit and started the month at #75 for step count and I am currently at #11! Lots of walking on the treadmill and then Jessica Smith YouTube workouts or Yoga! :bigsmile:

Tami, Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a perfect weekend and I am glad the weather was nice!

Michelle, I hope you are feeling less pain and healing well. Take the time to rest up!

Thelma, I am glad to hear the PT appt went OK, but sounds like some modifications will be needed. You will come through with flying colors!

Kira, hello! Nice workouts!

Time to get back to family time...bowling!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I did my workout in two parts today. I was up early with XTrain Cardio Leg Blast Extreme. This time I did the premix that repeated the step portion of the workout (I usually do the other one) and really enjoyed it. Then, after a few hours spent visiting with a friend, I did Turbo Fire 45. :heart:

Erika, enjoy spring break!! I hope you are able to get out and have lots of fun. Great job on staying active!!

Michelle, I am sorry to hear you are still having issues from your surgery. The idea of torn stitches has me cringing! Hope you heal soon.

Kira, I am with you on the chocolate and peanut. Separate or together....they are my primary weaknesses without a doubt. Isn't it fun to learn what your body can handle? I love that!!

Thelma, Intensity is a fantastic workout and, without question, one of my favorites of Cathe's ever! In fact, for awhile, I was doing it every week. Now I have learned to temper myself and do it every 2 to 3 weeks. But it never gets old. I had trouble mastering the step portion when I first did the workout as well, and I love your philosophy of 'just keep moving'. You will learn it someday, I promise! The Bootcamp portion is four cardio drills (no step, no choreography) with very light weight work in between. I really enjoy adding on the Bootcamp portion because it just provides a little extra something.

Tami, I am laughing at your MIL's comment about getting old! I think 'old' could be substituted with 'sensible'.....at least that's how I see it. I am not one for busy, crowded restaurants (as we too often find on weekends) where they ask you what you want practically while seating you!! DH and I have learned that quiet time at home is SO much better. I don't think it is a sign of age at all!! Just.....learning. The Hunting and Fishing Expo sounds......interesting. :tongue: You lasted longer than I would have, that's for sure. I am sorry to hear about the spinning class. :grumble: I am happy that you are going to have a Thursday option soon. MMA Boxing.....still not my favorite. What I really felt like on Saturday was a walk, but it was snowing. MMA Boxing, for me, has the intensity of a walk, so that is why I chose that one. But I would have rather walked....maybe even with the snow. :blushing:

Until tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ BootCamp was pretty good minus the running outside! :grumble: I swear just because I thought about it, it happened. Luckily it wasn’t the usual marathon but she did say we will start to go outside now that it’s nice. Other than that she did some pretty good stations. This a.m. was Rockin Knockout with my weighted gloves and tonight I will head to Insane-X after work. :wink:

Thelma: Great job trying out Intensity! :drinker: It is a great one, a favorite of mine as well :bigsmile: The BootCamp segment is an add-on and you do a cardio drill, weight segment, cardio drill, weight segment is how it is formatted. It’s not very long and moves along quickly. A good variety of moves and not overly intense cardio. :wink: I bet you are excited for your final assessment at the gym and of course to start up with your PT. Good stuff to look forward to forsure :happy:
    Yes, hunting/fish sports show . . . :huh: all for him but also to visit my step son since we don’t see him very much. He lives in Alaska. We are having dinner with them tomorrow night before they head back. I was ready to just wait in the car if we went much longer. :laugh: Priorities do change forsure ~ we have always bought pretty practical things on our anniversary & rarely go anywhere :ohwell: Between Valentines, Anniversary and then my Birthday it can get kind of expensive! We have gone on a combo trip for Anniv-Bday before but nothing elaborate. Unfortunately the BootCamp class on Monday’s isn’t with Katy :frown: she filled in a couple of times (which was awesome) a few months ago but it is Julie (same as the Fri night Spinning instructor), so she is not my #1 but comes up with some pretty good workouts! Last night . . . I shouldn’t have even thought it about going outside – it’s already started :sad: She made us run outside 3 times. Not for long but enough!

Kira: Glad to hear all is well in the legs/glutes and not too sore! :wink: Way to work hard & test your body a bit! Always a good thing I think.

Michelle: Sorry to hear you are still having some soreness from your surgery. :noway: OUCH. Hopefully each day is a little better. Great job getting in some workouts :flowerforyou:

Laurel: Thank You for the word “sensible” :bigsmile: and like you guys, we enjoy our time at home . . . plus it’s fun to try new recipes at home and know exactly what you’re getting. :wink: Great job with the workouts today! :bigsmile: That’s funny you had a nice break and then fired up another workout. Love it! Good to know on that xtreme premix, thanks for mentioning that.
    I love the going on a walk vs. MMA Boxing comparison.:laugh: Hence, why I substituted it last week!
    I’m pretty sure I lasted longer than a lot of ladies :laugh: I did tell him at the 2 hour mark I was about on empty. I asked him if I wasn’t there how much longer he would have stayed ….. he said, oh probably a few more hours :noway: told my BFF that it would have been like me dragging him to the Arnold Classic or something similar and talking proteins/supplements for 2 hrs :laugh: Have you done the Heavy Bag addition on the Rockin Knockout workout? I thought about using it as a punching drill type workout as an add-on since I don’t have a heavy bag but wasn’t sure if that would work? Then of course, I ran out of time.

Hope you ladies have a great rest of your day! :flowerforyou: Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, glad to see the entire gang here tonight!!! :flowerforyou:
    Tonight was PT and it wasn't too intense given my lower calorie burn. We did some challenging ab work which I liked. My first therapy session is tomorrow. FINALLY!

Kira, I'm glad you were able to walk after the back-to-back leg workouts! Great job! :drinker:

Michelle - Glad you're doing better even though you're still sore. What about the the torn stitch? Do you need to be restitched?
    Good for you for getting a little workout while working! :drinker:
    Let us know how what you think of your new videos whenever you take them for a "test ride"!

Thanks for the kudos on my workouts! If I don't get to hit the gym while in Ireland at the very least we'll be walking. That is something I made sure we did when we were there last year. One night we got lost and it was the best walk! LOL

Hi Erika - Enjoy your spring break! Congratulations on that huge improvement with your step count! WOW!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I'll definitely have to do a lot of modification in the way I do things. I can't wait to get better!

Hi Laurel - Serious cardio today! Very nice! :drinker:

I really like the Intensity workout. I know it will become one of my favorites too! I decided to just keep moving with the step moves when I couldn't follow it. I didn't want to repeat what I did on Friday where the step workout took me way longer because I kept rewinding trying to figure out the moves and it wasn't happening! :ohwell:
    I really hope to get those step moves one of these days because I'm enjoying those workouts. I am really thinking that I will do these step workouts more often so I can get the choreography.
    Thanks for the description on the Bootcamp part of this Intensity DVD. I would think that I can continue moving during the weights section for now. I'll have to try it again soon!

Tami, I thought your BC class was a Katy class! At least you didn't have to do it outside! I hope this class doesn't turn into marathon training! Great workouts today! I love doing those kickboxing workouts with the weighed gloves too.

Thanks for the kudos on the Intensity workout. It really is a good one. The BootCamp section sounds great. I'll just keep jumping around during the weight section. I was afraid it was just going to be a weight section.
    I really am excited about the final assessment at the gym. Specially because tonight I weighed myself at the gym and I was 3 lbs lighter than I was my last weigh in. I hate having to weigh in at 5PM after I've had all the water I usually drink plus meals. Nothing like weighing yourself first thing in the morning!

You were a good sport for enduring the hunting/fishing show. DH and I really don't exchange gifts. We have a house and we decided a long time ago not to do gifts given the expenses that come with owning a house. We do a little vacation a year. Last year and this year have been big milestones for us we both turned 50 and last year was our 10th wedding anniversary. Now when I want a birthday gift I can't count on DH to get me the right thing so I get it myself just to make sure I like it! LOL
    Sounds like your BC class may turn into marathon training!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Quick Check In,

It's officially Spring break for me as I'm off until next weekend.:love: The girls are excited but unfortunately we canceled the Florida trip so it has been different activities with different parents until I coordinate something this week. I fasted yesterday so this morning I did Cindy Whitmarsh Ultra Lean Upper Body Blast and it was a quick short fun workout but the counts were definitely off on some sides, plus it seems like she walks around too quickly after maybe 3 reps to check on her exercisers. It is a circuit based workout so I did increase my heart rate with the burpee drills and plank rows.

Erika- Happy Spring break!:flowerforyou: I'm sure with your busy schedule it feels great to snuggle and spend some quality time with the boys.:bigsmile:

Thelma- Last year those two weeks in Europe actually had my jeans loose, even with those delightful scones in London and Waffles in Belgium. Although we had a rental car in Belgium & Germany we walked alot, so the next time I will use my pedometer so see how many steps I took on a daily basis. I'm actually hoping to include Ireland & Scotland in our trip as my father's roots are actually Scottish.

Tami- Bummer on the outside running but at least the weather is nice. Rockin Knockout sounds like a good idea this week.:bigsmile:

Laurel- I'm not sure but I need to call him as the plastic covering also came out with my hot coffee & teas.:blushing: The post-op appt is two weeks from now but maybe we will switch the date as he initially stated the removal period is 6 weeks, oh oh.:blushing:

Kira- Have you recovered from those workouts?:wink:

Ok lades off to clean the kitchen and play some Wii tennis, now that this game system has been moved to the family room.:laugh I'm the reigning tennis champion and the100 pin bowling champ so I have to be prepared for my challengers.:laugh:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was a tough workout! I started with XTrain Bi's and Tri's and did my own Double Trouble version of it. That is a brutal workout when done twice!! I took a few minutes off after just to make sure I could still move my arms. :laugh: Then it was right into IMAX 2 for cardio, and I followed that with the core work from Pyramid Upper Body. That core segment remains, for me, Cathe's toughest. All those pikes on the stability ball....especially with spaghetti arms. :noway: But I made it through! :drinker:

Tami, oh no!!! I can't believe you are already returning to Running Camp! I was really hoping after your instructor put some effort into this class this winter that she would come up with something different for the summer. But....you were right. :grumble: I'm sorry to hear about that. I have done the Heavy Bag add-on for Rockout Knockout, and it is pretty good. Like you, I don't have a bag so I leave my weighted gloves on, and it ends ups feeling like a continuation of the kicking/boxing drills the end the regular workout. Not as much fun, but another 10 minutes of low threat, low intensity cardio that's good for the arms and core. I like adding it on when I have the time. I tried doing the same thing with the Heavy Bag add-in for Hard Strikes, but I didn't like that one too much. Like you and your husband, my DH and I don't exchange birthday or anniversary gifts either. Our birthdays and anniversary are in a five week span of time, and it is just too much. But I still try to make him something special for his birthday and for our anniversary. My birthday.....well, I am still waiting for the dinner he promised me last year. :ohwell: It's only been 10 months, so I will stay patient. :tongue: :laugh:

Thelma, I am so anxious to hear how your PT goes! Hopefully you will get some idea of how long you will need to be recovering and that will give you something to focus on. I know that always helps me. The step choreography will come with time. I am glad you are enjoying the workouts despite the learning curve. I go through stages where I never want to see my step again (I was going through one a year ago right now when I hardly did a step workout for about 6 months!), but I always come back to them because they are fun, challenging and effective. You were down another three pounds?!? That is incredible!! Congratulations!!!!! :drinker:

Michelle, Happy Spring Break!! Hope you enjoy lots of time with your daughters this week!! But, um, I am pretty sure the plastic covering from your surgery isn't supposed to pop off like that.....right? :noway: Yikes!!! How are you feeling otherwise? I hope the headaches and fatigue are getting better. Enjoy Wii with your daughters!

See you all tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Fabulous Insane-X class last night :bigsmile: She put in some more “new stuff” as she calls it but again, from T25. I loved the variety. Still tough stuff but I think whenever you are doing new moves, it challenges you and you don’t have the dread factor (because you don’t know how hard it’s going to be yet) :laugh: At any rate, really good. There were a few Biggest Loser Contestants in there and at the very end she had us do burpees . . . as usual :huh: & this girl near me did not give up, she was dying and kept going. It was inspiring to me to see her work so hard and not give up. A lot of times, the new people will just stop, but she didn't. I gave her a big high five when class was over. :smile: No workout this a.m. or tonight . . . :sad: I guess it will be my official REST day. Early a.m. meeting they needed help setting up for and then dinner at home right after work with my step son/girlfriend. DH is cooking though so that's awesome! :drinker:

Thelma: I’m so anxious to hear about your first therapy session tonight! :smile: I bet it will be very informative. Sounds like you had a good workout last night & I bet you might be feeling those abs today. I wish the BC class was a Katy class …… but if I can work out with her 3 days a week that is pretty lucky I feel. :drinker: I'll take what I can get and with the new class starting next week it will be an addnl workout with her too that day. :wink: I was bummed to cxl my spin with her tonight but that’s ok. Time with family that I don't get to see very often is important :wink: I love the added intensity with the weighted gloves too . . . KB workouts are lots of fun! CONGRATULATIONS on the 3 lbs down! :drinker: They are just melting off of you lady. Nice work.

Michelle: WooHoo! Happy Spring Break time for you :flowerforyou: Sorry to hear your Florida trip has been cxld though :ohwell: Sounds like your Cindy Whitmarsh workout was maybe just “so-so”? Was that the first time you did that one?
    Hope your headaches have gone away for good and feeling better & better from post-op :wink: so you can enjoy your time with the girls :wink:

Laurel: YOWSA! :noway: :bigsmile: Way to work today (again) I do love that abwork in her Pyramid Upper Body, great stuff. I’m sure your arms were a little spaghetti like during that portion.
    I can’t believe it either . . . I think she is relieved because she doesn’t have to think up a class, not sure but it seems that’s always why she is glad we run outside. I talked to one of the guys who I sometimes pair up with & he said he may take a “miss” this summer as well unless it is pouring rain. Glad I’m not the only one :ohwell: Sounds like DH will owe you an even more amazing dinner in a couple months! That’s pretty funny & I’m glad you are patiently waiting (and not holding your breath) :laugh: :wink:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    PT went well. I had no idea I was such a mess! some of my upper vertebrae were turned in the wrong direction. My upper ribs (below the neck bones) were all sticking out too. What a mess! So the therapist is trying osteopathic manipulation. She basically pushed the ribs back into place and for the vertebrae she did it by stretching my neck in a certain direction while she was feeling the vertebra she was working on and she said she could feel it turn back in the right direction. The session is 1/2 hour but she worked on me less than that. At the end she checked my range of motion it was pretty much back to normal.
    The plan of attack for now is this osteopathic manipulation, then soft tissue and finally strength. She thinks that if I show improvement like I did today with one session I may be better a lot sooner than she expects. For now I have scheduled appointments into mid May! :brokenheart: That is a LONG time.
    All my neck muscles are super tight and that keeps pulling the ribs up too. The fact that I have to prop myself up with pillows so I can sleep on my back is hurting because my neck is not in a neutral position and I can't get the pillows to put me in that position. It's a pain every night. I have so many pillows because I'm always in a search for "the right" pillow. No luck so far.
    Anyway, I continue to like my therapist. Such a nice lady too! She didn't want me working out tonight which horrified me but I had the feeling she would say that after the manipulation she did. She didn't want me to undo things. So I asked if I could walk on the treadmill. I had to walk almost 60 minutes to burn about 400 calories. My heart rate stayed pretty low compared to what I've been doing lately. Friday is my second session and I'm sure I won't be able to do a Cathe workout.
    Tomorrow is PT at the gym.
    Tami and Laurel - I've not lost 3 lbs since last week. I've lost 3 lbs on the gym's scale. The loss is since the last official weigh in which was early March.

My baby Bella the cat has asthma! She started with these episodes since she was about 6 moths old but were pretty sporadic and fast that I could never catch her on video. Since last year the started to happen more often. As of last week they went to every other day. I got her on video and sent it to the vet since I was 100% sure it was asthma. Thankfully she has the coughing kind which is not fatal. She has to get steroids either in pill or a injection form . DH bought both because he didn't know which one I'd prefer to administer. When I got home I had started to wimp out about the shot which I know how to do but haven't injected a cat in over 2 years. Bella had an asthma attack soon after I got home and right away I went into mommy mode and gave her a shot. Turns out that the higher pollen levels are probably being triggers to her and that is why the attacks are happening more often and explains why she's had them more since last year. She loves spending time in our screened in sunroom!

MIchelle, enjoy your spring break! How exciting! Sorry about your trip to FL though. I'm sure you and your girls are going to have a blast!
    I can't stand those videos where counts are off! Michelle, I don't think my jeans are going to be loose by the time I come back from Ireland. I just hope they're not tight! Now that you mention the pedometer I remembered that I took my pedometer with me last year too! I'd forgotten about that part! It would be awesome if you could include Scotland on your next trip! It really looks like a beautiful place too.

Laurel - Unbelievable workout today lady! WOW! Brutal is a good way to put it! :drinker: Those pikes are incredibly hard! Hopefully I'll be able to do them some day! I hope I learn the step choreography some day but if not as long as I keep moving and I get a nice calorie burn I'll be happy!

Tami - I'm glad you enjoyed last night's Insane-X class! Are you telling us Katy went merciless on the Biggest Loser Contestants? I thought she was going to go easy on them? Good for you for cheering that lady on at the end of the class.

I hope the little family reunion tonight is a lot of fun! Time with family is very important. My family is not here so when I have them with me I enjoy every possible minute I can have with them
    I am feeling yesterday's ab workout today. I'll have to tell Sarah my trainer that we need to do more of those!
    You really are lucky to have Katy as a trainer. She really sounds wonderful. Hopefully the other trainer will get better with the outdoor class!
    Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today's workout started with Lean Legs and Abs, and I did the premix with the barre section. I really like this workout for a lighter leg day. I followed it with Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs premix, which hit the legs a little more. Good stuff!

Tami, sounds like a good class! I know what you mean by being inspired by others working hard! I love that!! I bet she really appreciated the 'high five' for her efforts. Hope you enjoyed your dinner last night. What part of Alaska do they live in? I know you've told me once.....but I have forgotten. I love Alaska!

Thelma, sounds like a great PT session. Again, I am so impressed they aren't just handing you a sheet of paper and saying 'do this and come back in a couple of weeks'. I have had too many PT sessions like that. I hope she is right and that you heal faster than expected. No doubt your fitness level will help that. Sorry to hear about your kitty!! Hope she starts feeling better.

Must run as they are coming to do some work on the house. And since they actually told me they were coming this time, the least I can do is be ready for them when they get here. See you tomorrow!!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ This a.m. was Great Glutes and then went to Insane Abs at lunch.:wink: It was tough, but another great class. Katy came right up to me and wondered why I wasn’t at Spinning last night :laugh: she said she was going to come to my house but one of the ladies I work with told her my step son was in town for dinner. It was all in fun! :wink: Her way of saying that she noticed I missed her class since I rarely miss her classes. Last night was a nice relaxing time with Trevor and his girlfriend. It’s good to see that he is doing good and they seem happy together. We may see them briefly one more time tomorrow evening before they fly back to Alaska on Sat a.m.

Thelma: Sounds like you have a great PT to work with! :smile: I know that May sounds like forever to you right now, but I think the time will go by faster than you think & you will be healing your ailments properly so that you can then move forward in a positive way! Along with being comfortable when you sleep, what a bonus that will be! :flowerforyou: A friend of mine (the one that recently had a baby) has Scoliosis and for years she didn’t work out or do anything because of the pain it can put her in. She finally decided to see a PT and also do some “magnet” therapy on her spine. She now does Spinning/weights and loves it. She lost 20 lbs prior to her pregnancy & has hit it strong since her time off from that.
    Be patient, your new fitness regime that you have been in will also help your body respond well to the therapy you will be doing because you are in better shape & stronger too. :bigsmile: I know it seems like a long time but it will happen, be patient. Sorry about little miss Bella and her asthma … sounds like good news though that it is a treatable kind and with her medicine she will be good. Hope she is feeling better soon. I would say Katy didn’t show a lot of mercy as far as the format for the class goes – however, she did go to the two ladies in front of me and offered modifications & when they were dying she told them to take a break. So she is good about that. I was glad for them & it was awesome to give them a high five at the end of class!

Laurel: Great combo today! :bigsmile: Those newer leg workouts sure are an easier format forsure …. But like you said, perfect for a “lighter” day. They live in Soldotna, AK. Do you know where that is? I guess it is a tiny little town. His girlfriend has lived there her whole life. We did enjoy our time, thank you. It is good to see him happy & doing well. He had some rough patches a few years back and then moved to Alaska so you sometimes wonder if he is really doing good or just saying he is. The confirmation of seeing him in person shows, so that felt good ~ especially to DH. He worries about him more then he says. :wink:

Hi Michelle

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Tonight was PT at the gym and it was a good session of more abs and legs. I lost 1.2 lbs this week. This means that I'm 8/10 of a lb away from reaching my 15lb goal! I'm excited. Today for the first time I was able to see how much thinner my face looks. Tomorrow will be physical therapy in the afternoon and I have the feeling I'll be walking again. Since I haven't walked on the treadmill for a long time I was very stiff.

Laurel - great workout today! I'm so glad you did the Lean Legs & Abs workout today because it reminded me that I have it! This is one I can do without weights! Thank you! Thank God you were notified about the repair people this time!

I'm really impressed with the therapist too. I thought she was going to go straight into ultrasound and electric muscle stimulation, heat/ice then strength. I'm glad I chose this place. I'm just thrilled to be able to continue to workout. I think in the past I probably would've given up working out. Now I need to feel challenged. I hope my baby feels better soon. She just had an asthma attack. I hope the med kicks in soon!

Tami, I saw that awesome calorie burn and I knew Katy had a lot do with it!! LOL Very impressive! She knows you're one of her faithful fans and notices when you're not there. She was about to send search party out to find out! :laugh:
    I'm glad you and your husband enjoyed the time with Trevor and his girlfriend. Did you get to see him tonight too?

My PT sounds really good. I think tomorrow she will do more osteopathic manipulation. I really hope the recovery time doesn't take too long. I just want wait to be able to sleep on my side and lift weights again! I think one of the reasons why I'm being patient is because I can still get a good workout in without the weights or using my arms.

I didn't realize Scoliosis could cause pain. I have a little of that too but I'm not in pain. Thank God! Good for your friend for getting PT and getting herself into shape! I know about magnet therapy! That stuff really works. I wonder if she used Nikken magnets? She really has come a long way! Good for her!!! I guess we don't realize we hurt ourselves more when we don't move.
    Bella had about 5 asthma attacks since 5PM today. That is more than we've experienced before but they were different. Duration has decreased so I hope this is a step in the right direction. She's being such a good girl about her shots too.

I would say that Katy showed a little mercy for the newbies if she was showing them modifications and actually had them take a break when they were dying.
    Tomorrow is finally Friday! YAAAY!

Good night!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I woke up without needing that extra sleep which seems to happen after a fasted state and reminds me of the benefits of healing from within and facilitating the internal processes in our systems. I was looking for Rockout Knockout but found my TF 45 and decided to try again with Chalene. after Laurel's workout this week. :tongue: I guess you can say my hate fest is over as I had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed the music and moves.:love: Afterwards it was Ballet Beautiful Bridge series:noway: , geesh I love Mary but she kills it every time with those 32 reps per exercise. My youngest who does gymnastics joined me but after a few moves said, this is hard and she is super flexible. :laugh:

Thelma- Yikes on the diagnosis but your therapist sounds knowledgeable and great. I remember a few years back attending a PT session and it was definitely not hands on as you described. Sorry to hear about your kitty, hope she gets well soon.:flowerforyou:

Laurel- Sounds like a brutal workout as usual.:laugh: Well my periodontist said that as long as there is no personal discomfort to me I don't have to drive up there but I may have skipped the part about the loosen stitches also.:blushing: Unfortunately my hot cups of coffee loosened the plastic and probably the stitching as it is truly difficult to chew and keep every little bit of solid on only one side of the face.:grumble:

Tami- That is too funny with the instructor looking for you, I guess just like the exercisers who favor a specific instructor the instructor also looks for their usual person who "Brings It" to class.:wink:

It is rainy and dark here and after waking the girls with some caramel rolls, it will be a quiet mixed day of Wii and some schoolwork.

Have a great weekend!:flowerforyou:

Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today started with XTrain Supercuts. :heart: I haven't done this workout probably since my last XTrain rotation (a year ago), and I really enjoy it. I decided to follow it with all of the 100 rep challenges in the XTrain program, plus my own 100 rep push-ups and the XTrain rear delt bonus. :noway: Took about 45 minutes to do all of that, and my arms were (and are) quivering. I was going to stop there, but felt like I needed to loosen back up again, so I picked another workout to do.....just for fun. That was Party Rockin' Step 1. And, boy, it did feel fun today! Just what my body needed to end a tough week of workouts. One more week of XTrain before moving on. I have loved this rotation, that's for sure.

Tami, that's so fun about Katy missing you in class! But I am glad you had a nice time with your step son and his girlfriend. I am glad to hear he is doing well. And I do know Soldotna! Have you been up there? It is such a beautiful place. We only visited there once as it is quite a drive from Fairbanks (where we were living). But I really enjoyed the town and the beauty in that area. Highly recommend it if you haven't been.

Thelma, congratulations on your weight loss! Less than a pound before you meet your goal?!? Amazing! :drinker: How scary about your kitty, though! Poor thing. I really hope her meds kick in quickly as that has to be so scary for both you and her.

Michelle, I am so glad you enjoyed TF 45!!! It is definitely one of my favorites in that series (second behind the bonus TF60 workout I think). It is one where I feel I can just 'let go' and enjoy the music and moves without having to think too much. Some days just call for a workout like that! I hope your mouth continues to heal. Sounds a bit difficult right now, though.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend. We are supposed to have a nice weekend, and if the wind keeps down, DH and I may go play some golf for the first time this season! :drinker: Right now, I would love to spend 4 solid hours outside, even if my golf game may be pathetic after a six month break! :laugh: Here's hoping the weather cooperates.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    TGIF Ladies ~ WooHoo!!! :drinker: :drinker: Today’s workout was Supercuts (nice choice Laurel) :wink: :laugh: I always love this workout and I added the Core section with it. No Spinning tonight. I’ve easily made that decision based on last week. DH is cooking dinner for us (BBQd Salmon) and some NCAA BBall games are on.

Thelma: Fantastic on the 1.2 LBS and nearly at your goal! :drinker: Has to feel great even through your frustrations with your shoulder, etc.! That is so awesome :bigsmile: Yes, I guess she does notice that I’m there or not . . . pretty funny. We are maybe seeing them after work tonight as they drop off my Father-in-law’s truck to him (he let them borrow it while they were here) and then they will stop by before heading back to his moms. My friends back and her hip is what mostly bothers her; due to the curve it pulls sometimes on those areas – then hence the pain for her. But now she is doing so much better & did great through her pregnancy too because of being a good shape.

Michelle: Great job with the workouts! I do throw in the occasional TF workouts with Chalene, but haven’t for quite some time. The music and energy is always good …. It’s my dance/choreography skills that kill me! :laugh: :blushing:

Laurel: Great choice today! I knew we would do that again one of these days . . . Sounds like that was just your warm-up though! WOW-sa! Nice job with all the add-ons today, you rocked it! Did you just keep putting DVD’s in for the 100 rep challenges? That’s an awesome idea, but not sure if I would have the patience to continue putting DVD’s into the machine. :laugh: That’s awesome to hear Soldotna is so gorgeous. I know they both really like it and my step son being such an outdoorsman (like his dad) he loves the country and the people there. They talk about moving back to this area but we will see. Hope your weather stays nice for golfing! We have rain forecasted for quite a while. :ohwell:

Have a nice weekend ladies! Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    I had PT this afternoon and I told the therapist that I felt things had stayed in place. I was right. All the vertebrae she adjusted but one remained in their right position. I am so lucky to have found this place AND to have gotten this therapist because the other woman there talks too much and is loud and my ears are too sensitive when it comes to loud sounds.
    I told Leslee the therapist that I was really stiff from the hips down due to the 1 hr walk on the treadmill the other day. She was awesome and showed a couple of stretches I didn't know about.
    Since my back is doing better she had me do my first exercises! YAAAY! It's amazing how fatigued my shoulders, shoulder blades and biceps to with just a few reps and I was only using 2lb weights. So now I have homework. I will do the exercises 3 times a day.
    I didn't want to walk tonight given that I was stiff still so I did a lite spinning workout on my own.

Michelle, great workouts today! I'm still laughing about your daughter giving up so quickly on the workout!
    Yeah my diagnosis really stinks but I feel that I am in good hands with this therapist. Thank you for the well wishes for my kitty.
    BTW, we're going to see the movie Noah tomorrow. DH wants to see it. I hope it's good!

Laurel, you are incredible with those workouts! Did you start planing your next rotation yet?
    I'm about a pound away from my first weight loss goal. Thank you!
    My baby continues to have the asthma attacks. The vet was wondering if I was really giving her the right dose or even inserting the needle in the right place. We had to double the dose starting today for 3 days. I'll call the vet on Monday with an update.

Tami, I can understand why giving up tonight's spinning class wasn't a difficult decision to make given the instructor. Great workoutstoday too! Dinner sounds great! I love salmon.

Thanks so much about the weight loss comments! Almost at the first milestone! It really feels great.
    I you you and your husband got to spend a little more time with his son and girlfriend tonight.
    Your friend is very fortunate with her back I'm glad she's doing so much better.

have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you all had a nice weekend. We did. Saturday was nice enough that DH and I got out and played golf. :drinker: It felt so good to spend that much time outside again! We both really enjoyed it. And my game wasn't too bad either! So walking the golf course was my activity for Saturday. No workout, though, as usual.

Yesterday I started with Lower Body Blast, and added the barre section to it. I followed it with XTrain Tabatacise and Core 1. Today was XTrain Burn Sets (upper body premix). I followed it with IMAX 3. The strange thing was at the end of IMAX 3.....I wanted more! :noway: That rarely, if ever, happens with that workout. But I ignored that feeling because I didn't want to push it too much after already doing 80 minutes of strength. So I opted to just do the core work from Cardio and Weights and call it a day.

Tami, great choice of workouts on Friday!! Regarding all those 100 rep challenges, I am lucky that I have a 5 DVD player in my workout room, so I loaded all 5 DVDs in before my workout, found the challenges and just kept hitting 'play' as I went through them. Having a multiple DVD player in my workout room the past few years has really changed my workouts, and I love it. Because, like you, I would never have the patience to feed them in one at a time. Sadly, this DVD player is actually meant for our family room as it is connected to a sound system. We just haven't been able to use it like that in our last two houses. I have a feeling DH and I are going to have some negotiating to do when we do live in a house again where we can accommodate this system. :tongue:

Thelma, I am so glad to hear the PT went well and you are already back to some strength exercises!! That is amazing! No doubt your shoulder felt tired after not having been used for a few weeks. As far as my next rotation, I am going to move to Gym Styles next week and alternate them with Cathe's Pure Strength workouts for a few (maybe four) weeks in a similar fashion to what I have done XTrain (if I can figure out how to do this). With XTrain, I did each workout as is for the first two weeks. Then I did Double Trouble for week three. And for week four, I am doing all upper body work in the week (for instance, I did all of Burn Sets today, and will do both Chest, Back and Shoulders and Biceps and Triceps on Friday). I have really enjoyed the variety of this rotation, so I'd like to do something similar with Gym Styles/Pure Strength. We'll see!!

Enjoy the day!

Laurel