Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Paddy's Day Ladies! :drinker:
    Today I Tabaticised. Did all 5 tabatas, then jumped on the treadmill for a fast 10 minute walk since that was all the time I had.
    On Saturday I was still feeling that my knees could not take another jumping workout so I decided to try the step DVD that came with the inclined risers I bought recently. It was actually good because I was able to follow and I burned a good amount of calories. Most importantly I was able to follow the choreography. Nothing like Cathe's insane moves at all! :laugh: I followed that with Stability Ball Abs from the STS ab circuits DVD. Once I got into it I realized that there were a lot of moves I couldn't do so I improvised. Then on Sunday I did 46 minutes of spinning while watching my Spanish soaps.
    My shoulder was bothering me on Saturday night and even on Sunday so I kept on icing. Much better today thank God!

I also went online shopping at Cathe.com. I got 2 of the daily deals and ended up with 4 DVD's: Cardio Hits, Low Max Workout (thanks for suggesting it Laurel!), Travel Fit Exercise, Ab Hits Exercise. I decided to get the first two because I don't know how long my arms will be out of commission for and at least I'll get workouts that won't have me jumping non stop. The travel one I thought I'd take with me to Ireland but honestly I won't feel comfortable doing my workout in front of DH. Thankfully two of the resorts we're staying at in Ireland have gyms and that we'll be staying at those two places for the bulk of our stay.
    I think the Cardio Hits was one of the oldies but goodies Laurel mentioned a while ago when I asked about easy step workouts.

Kira, I think you are addicted to working out. That is the best addiction to have! You sure lucked out

Michelle, sounds like you had a fun weekend and it that you're feeling well too! How scary about the trampoline! I like that Squeeze workout!

Laurel, so weird that you couldn't hear do to your allergies! You're coming up with some pretty amazing workout combos! WAY TO GO!!!
    I really like the Cross Fire workout and all those pre-mixes are just fantastic. It really is disappointing to have to wait for a PT eval until next Friday. I hope they are good there since I am going there for the convenience factor.

Tami, sounds like you also had a fun and busy weekend! Great workout yesterday! I'm sure you'll BC class will be another killer Katy workout!
    These days I live for Fridays! I had to book the month long PT appointments given that it was so hard to get in for the eval appointment. I'll probably book more when I get there on Friday so I can at least have appointments for 6 weeks right out of the gate. I want these arms to heal soon. I think I've accepted that I'm not going to get fixed overnight which is why I bought the new DVD's. I need to have more variety and a step workout will be a nice challenge.
    Sorry the spin class was just OK. Hopefully tonight's BC class will be challenging just like you like them to be!
    Saturday was beautiful here. It was in the 50's then yesterday it got windy and cold and this morning was absolutely freezing.

Have a great night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! More XTraining today. :drinker: I started with Cardio Leg Blast Extreme premix and followed it with the XTrain 100 Hip Thrust challenge. I felt like a bit more after that, so did the Stability Ball work from Cathe's Pyramid Lower Body. And then I did a workout I probably haven't touched in over two years--Paul Katami's Ab Lab. :heart: Such a great Ab/core workout. But at nearly 30 minutes, it is just a little longer than I usually give myself for Abs which is why I don't do it very often. But I will hold on to it for days like today because it really is good.

Tami, how did you feel about Flex Train this time around? Hopefully it felt better paired with something like those X10 workouts. Sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend! I must admit, I am loving doing these XTrain workouts again. It has been fun adding in some more of the bonuses and challenges--definitely more than I did my first time with this program. I think I will repeat last week and this week again and then move on to Gym Styles (and something else). But I wouldn't be surprised to return to XTrain soon! :tongue:

Thelma, great workouts!! So fantastic that you hopped on the treadmill after Tabatacise! You keep taking things up a notch....even with an injury!! Great stuff! Congrats on your new purchases. I am with you on working out in front of my husband......but I still do when I have to. :blushing: The good thing about a workout like Travel Fit is it isn't 'dancy', so I am not nearly as self-conscious as I otherwise would be. It is all band work with a few cardio blasts thrown in, so no choreography or such. You got Cardio Hits?!? Just so you know, Power Max (which is on that DVD) was my very first Cathe workout (back in 1998, I think). I thought it was going to kill me!! :laugh: How much I have changed since then. Anyhow, I suggest starting there because it is broken down into three sections (of about the same length), and you can choose to learn them one at a time if necessary. What makes those three workouts a good starting place isn't so much that they are 'easy' (because they aren't), but the beat count is slower than her step workouts have become. And she really breaks down the moves/sections so you can learn them. For whatever reason, in the past several years, Cathe has kind of assumed that everybody doing her workouts knows all her workouts. So she will say things like 'you all have seen this move before so I am not going to break it down'. And, in some cases, she may be referring to a workout that is 10 years old. In fact, I noticed this just yesterday with a move in Athletic Step (2010) that she said she had done before (and she had....in Rhythmic Step, which was released in 2001!). So if you can master those three workouts, you are guaranteed to see something from every one of them again in other Cathe workouts, making those later step workouts easier to learn.

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Nice BootCamp class last night. :wink: We did 2 rounds of 11 stations with cardio bursts in between and sometimes in between our 1-min rounds. Side planks with stability ball, reverse crunches with stability balls and our hands balancing on Bosu balls . . . that was interesting, but good! Box jumps, burpees, etc. This a.m. I opted for Hard Strikes + Core (alternated that for the MMA Boxing). Tonight will be Insane-X after work. :bigsmile:

Thelma: Fantastic job with your workouts! Including Tabatacise last night + your bonus walk on the treddie! :drinker: Way to keep working hard despite your shoulder injury! :smile: Good work on icing the shoulder ~ I think your PT appts are going to help a lot and they will give you exercises to do at home as well I’m sure. Very fun that you got on Cathe’s site and did some shopping! I will third the opinion of working out in front of my hubby. He will sometimes come through the room I’m working out in (it’s a family rm/bonus rm style area) and will usually make some reference to me being strong & he will flex or pretend punch if I am doing some sort of KB workout! :laugh: All of which, make me laugh. :laugh: Definitely Travel Fit will be fine though I would say for your trip if you end up having to do that one in your hotel room or something.

Laurel: Another great day with the workouts! Nice XTraining for sure :bigsmile: I know what you mean on the XTrain workouts :wink: I think being able to add in the bonuses/challenges makes them even better. Awesome stuff there! Sounds like a perfect plan for you in the next couple of weeks! Yes, FlexTrain was better this time around I would say. Probably because I knew what I was headed into with the lower weights/intensity and putting a little X10 on as an add-on felt just right on Sunday.

Hope you ladies have a great afternoon/evening! :flowerforyou: Talk to you tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    HI Ladies! Elliptical and PT tonight. Tonight's session wasn't very challenging to me. My shoulders felt good today which is great. Two of new DVD's arrived tonight: Intensity and Party Rocking Step 2. I will try one of them tomorrow. I may try one of the Intensity premixes which has the low impact HIIT chapter but if I feel that my knees still need a little more time to recover from jumping I'll just go with the Party Rocking step using my small step. I think it will be easier for me to get used to step workouts with the new step. I think the big step intimidates me because I feel like I'm going to fall off the thing.

Laurel - I'm glad you're enjoying the XT workout series so much. Really good workouts today! 100 hip thrust challenge? OMG! I don't think I've ever hear of Paul Katami until now that you mentioned it!

Thank you for your nice words about my workouts! I didn't realize the Tabatacise workout was going to be 45 minutes with the warm up and stretch segments and it didn't feel right to me to just do that. Thankfully I had a few minutes before dinner so I jumped on the treadmill. So I'm starting to understand what you mean about "feeling like you need to do a little more" after you've finished one of your workouts. I of course did in a MUCH smaller scale! :laugh:

I always workout in the basement and when I'm there working out it is my sanctuary and my "me" time. Sometimes DH goes down to the basement but doesn't have to go through the area I'm in even though he could see me working out. At least I know he's not just sitting there watching me.
    It's good to know that the travel DVD doesn't get dancy at all. I will still bring the DVD and a band just in case. I'm not dragging the iPad with me to Ireland though. That's one more thing to carry.
    I did get Cardio Hits because it looked like one of the "oldies" you had talked about being best to learn how to "Cathe step". I can't believe this workout nearly killed you back in 1998! You sure have come a long way from that first step workout!
    I bet you Cathe went to the advanced step stage she's been in the last few years after people complained about her explaining every step on the workout. It really is interesting that she assumes all her followers started with the early workouts. I've read reviews where people stop doing her step workouts because they can't follow the choreography. Laurel, I can't wait for this DVD to arrive! I really want to get into "step" workouts because it gives me another cardio option that will burn a lot of calories.

Tami - I'm glad your BC class was a winner! Good workout choices today too! I LOVE (and miss) the Hard Strikes workout!
    Thank you also for your cheering me on with my workouts during this injury period. I'm so relieved that you and Laurel agree on my feelings about working out in front of our husbands.
    Your husband sounds funny with the things he does when he catches you working out. Mine would just keep going but of course being in a hotel will put us both in the same room at the same time. I have a feeling that the DVD is going on a free trip to Ireland for nothing but at least I'll have it.

Good night!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today was an early day for me as I was up at 3:30am to take DH to the airport. :yawn: I think I will be feeling that about 8:00 tonight! :tongue: Anyhow, I got home early with plenty of time to do a good workout. I started with XTrain Burn Sets Bi's and Tri's and added on the 100 rep challenges of bicep curls and tricep extensions. My arms were quivering after!! I followed it with the Cross Fire Express premix, which I just love.

Tami, sounds like an interesting BC class. The only time I have ever used a Bosu ball was when I had PT on my back. Not quite sure how I felt about it.....still. :ohwell: But I could tell it would be an interesting addition to a workout. I laughed when you mentioned how your husband responds to seeing you workout. Mine is the same!!! I am very isolated in my workout room, but that doesn't stop him from popping in on the weekends. And more often than not, he'll watch me for a minute and say something like 'that looks tough'. And I am always 'yep it is......and you're not helping me by watching'! :laugh: The worst thing is when he starts chatting away....like I can concentrate on what he is saying! Makes me laugh...and annoys me at the same time. :smile: Glad you enjoyed Flex Train more this time. I think I have done it three times now (maybe four), and like I said last week, it is growing on me.

Thelma, glad to hear your shoulder is continuing to feel better. I know you don't usually preview workouts, but I still have to recommend trying to preview Party Rockin' Step 2 before doing it. I know previewing saved me lots and lots of frustration. I agree that Cathe changed her approach to step because people didn't like the endless breakdowns. So in trying to appease her long-time fans, I think she sacrificed some new fans. I always feel I was lucky to have caught on to Cathe's step when I did because aside from a few workouts (Low Impact Challenge, 4DS Higher Intensity Step, and Step Moves), I have caught on to her routines pretty easily (I usually give myself five tries to figure out the moves.....about 10 to completely remember the sequence). But I know I wouldn't have with many if I didn't have some background. I have long enjoyed step workouts, and I agree with you that they open up so many more possibilities for cardio. So I hope you enjoy!

Off to clean the house and do some grocery shopping! See you all tomorrow.

Laurel
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

Today is my housework day but man I'm sooooo sore in my obliques from those broomstick bends in Squeeze Upper.:love: My triceps are talking to me and overall that is why I torture myself with that workout when I need my upper to go strapless for a formal dinner in May with hubby.:bigsmile: Laundry, kitchen, fresh bedding and then it was my new dvd KCM's Bodyshop, loved the workout but hated the music.:ohwell: Then a quick KB workout to increase the heart and now it is time to correspond via emails and prep for next week's VTC. Tomorrow morning is my oral surgery so I need to leave at least 45 minutes to get there on time, hopefully hubby remembers to pick up the pain meds today and maybe some soups for tomorrow night. I dread the dentist so I really can't wait for this to be done already.:blushing:

Thelma- Bummer about the limited routine but so far you are managing to get some good stuff accomplished even with the injury. Listen to your body as those muscle cells will get back on track when you resume your UB routine. Travel fit should be no issue even with an audience although you can always invite your hubby to join the workout or go downstairs in the hotel.:laugh:

Laurel- Gulp on the early departure, that combined with the quivering muscles should equate to a good night's rest. Although truthfully I never sleep well when hubby is TDY and unfortunately we have several of those long sessions coming soon.:grumble: Enjoy the housecleaning.

Tami- Great classes as usual. Is Hardstrikes better than MMA boxing? As much as I love boxing some days MMA does not work for me.:blushing:

Ok time to prepare for the girls to get off the bus and see their chore list, this should be fun.:tongue:

TTYL,
    Michelle
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Insane-X was similar to last week with a few T25 moves and then some good old style Insanity as well.:wink: She of course included a bunch of drills & side burpees too. Last night was the first time we did our class in the gym with all the other gym people being moved into the "newly remodeled" area. So it was strangely quiet. Luckily she plays some tunes in the background and of course shouts out at us, again like a mini Shaun T :laugh: I hit the snooze this a.m. :yawn: so will have Spinning tonight! Good thing it’s Katy . . . guaranteed to be a fabulous class again! I'm sure I'll makeup for today's miss this Sat though. :wink:

Thelma: Another great workout, despite it not feeling very challenging. Looked like you burned some serious calories again though.:happy: Very exciting that the “new” workouts arrived. :bigsmile: Can’t wait to hear your review(s). I of course love Intensity but haven’t tried the PRS.2 (as I mentioned before:embarassed: ) Yes, DH is quite the jokester with me and tries to not interrupt with the comments but sometimes just can’t resist. One time I think it was during my Insanity rotation or Asylum and I was doing side burpees. He shook his head and said, “if I did that, my body would split in half” it was so funny. I know what you are saying on choreography. I have “been with Cathe” for many years but started with her strength training, not step. So as I came into her step workouts and she does say something about a move we are all familiar with I always think. “who all?” :huh: and where did they learn these moves? :laugh: The three that Laurel mentioned being “not so easy” to get the choreography are mine noted with sticky notes NOT to do. In fact Step Moves hasn’t even been out of the wrapper :blushing:

Laurel: Awesome workout today! :drinker: I bet your arms were definitely quivering. It’s a great feeling though :wink: Even after an early a.m. rise Sometimes you have that delirious burst of energy though after being awake so early and it does hit you later. At least you can curl up on the couch early if you want. How long is your hubby gone for? That is too funny about him being the same on that …. Mine will also start telling me a long story sometimes about something and I finally pause the DVD, answer and then he says, oh you can go back to working out I just wanted to ask you/tell you that. :huh:

Michelle: Nice job getting in your Squeeze workout and feelin it today! :smile: Glad that you liked the new KCM Bodyshop workout (minus the music), I often have to not pay attention to the music but when they are new you notice it more I think. :laugh: I’m glad your oral surgery date is finally here so you can be on the other side of it. I know all will go well and here’s to a very speedy recovery! :flowerforyou: Hopefully they give you everything you need to be comfortable. :wink: For me HardStrikes is better than MMA Boxing due to the fun factor of it! The first part is more cardio based, along with a little bit of punching. Not a whole lot of kicking drills though; then it has some high reps/light weight work at the end and a good ab section too if you want to add that on. MMA Boxing is kind of boring to me; some good basic drills, etc. but it isn’t one I have gone back to very many times. Hence substituting it with something else.

Hope you ladies have a great evening ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, the rest of new Cathe DVD's arrived today. Talk about having choices! I decided to go for the Cardio Hits PowerMax per Laurel's suggestion last night (perfect timing!) I actually was able to carefully think about the big step placement in the room and I was able to use it for the workout. I only use one riser though. Two risers would've been too much for me as a novice to Cathe's step choreography. I was able to follow pretty well until we got to the last two segments. Then she got fancy with all kinds of twirls and around the world moves. I got lost there but kept on moving. At first it seemed easy and like I wasn't going to burn many calories. Then after a while my HR was over 140. I was definitely working at 85%. I burned 637 calories and that was w/o using my arms! Now it wasn't fun like the kickboxing workouts but that is because I'm not familiar with the choreography. I'm sure it will become fun eventually. I will definitely keep doing it given the nice calorie burn.
    Today some of us at work did our CPR/AED First Aid re-certification training. Of course I was dreading the chest compressions due to my shoulder issues. I wanted to do it as opposed to just faking the motion. My left bicep started throbbing after I did it and I worried for a little while but eventually it stopped and I was fine.
    Tomorrow night is PT. I think I will try spinning on Friday and Sunday and then on Saturday I will try one of the new DVD's
    Almost Friday and I'm happy not so much because it is the end of the work week but because I finally get to go for my physical therapy evaluation.

Laurel, I know about those early morning trips to the airport! When we go to El Salvador we have to be at the airport that early too. I'm OK with it but DH struggles with that one. You've been working your arms really hard lately! I'm jealous! :cry:
    I can't believe you had the strength to do the bicep/tricep challenge after that hard workout! Good for you!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

So you think that by me previewing the Party Rocking Step 2 workout I'll get the choreography easier? All the moves look easy when I preview them! The problem is when I get all confused. The confusion usually happens when starts doing things like around the world. I will preview it but I know it will take me about 15 times to get it! I totally agree about the oldies being the right place to start because the others go to fast. Even on PowerMax she explains that she doesn't explain the steps in detail!

Tani, I saw your calorie brun from you Insane-X class last night! :drinker: :drinker: If Katy is teaching tonight you will have lots of fun!
    Thanks so much on my workouts! I really have been very tired this week. but I am burning a lot of calories and that is what keeps me going. Tomorrow is my at home weigh in day. I'll let you know when I dare try the PRS2 workout. I think I might stick to the oldies first. I love a guy with a good sense of humor like your husband. Mine can be pretty funny too. I know I used to do step workouts years ago but I can't remember what the choreography was like or if I was into that type of workout.
    I don't know why Cathe thinks that everybody is familiar with her step choreography! She says on the PowerMAx workout that it is redundant to repeat the step breakdown because people are familiar with the moves or something along those lines! I'll have to keep in mind those 3 step difficult DVD's. I always read the reviews and as soon as I see a couple of reviewers saying they gave up due to the hard to follow choreography I know I need to avoid the DVD! LOL

Michelle, glad you've been feeling good enough to do some good workouts! Good luck with your oral surgery tomorrow! That Squeeze workout is one of those innocent looking workouts due to the small weights you use but of course is the number of reps that kill! I'm sure you'll be in fine form to go strapless in May.
    It would be nice if I could have DH to join me at the gym. He's never been to a gym since we've known each other. He loves to play sports, ride bikes, inline skating, ski, football. baseball. His idea of a home workout is to go to the basement and run on the treadmill for a few minutes and then I he lifts some weights for a few more minutes. I really think he gets bored with at home or gym workouts. Years ago though I had him do a power yoga DVD with me once a week. I hope I can convince him to join me at the gym when we go to Ireland.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!!

Wow, the time just gets away from me! :laugh:

Things are calming down at work and at home a bit, which means I am back into my workouts in full swing!!! :bigsmile: We all got Fitbits at work, and have a leaderboard for steps, and my mission is to get to the top! :bigsmile: I started a push-up challenge with my co-worker and everytime we leave our desk and come back, we have to do 10 desk push ups. It started yesterday and my arms are sore!!

Laurel--Nice job on the workouts and the early am wake up for the airport! :noway: My hubby has been complaining about his allergies, but it's very up and down, so he was thinking it wasn't allergies. But, now he's convinced it is. No fun!

Tami--Those classes...yay!!! I am still searching for somewhere nearby that has classes like that. I need an option like that! Sounds like your weather has been interesting as well. We just keep getting dumped on with snow, following a 40-50 degree day. So up and down here in MN!

Michelle--Oh, Squeeze got you again! :laugh: Sounds like you are super busy too, I'm amazed at how you keep up with everything. Way to go. You are going to rock that strapless gown in May with your kick butt workouts! :bigsmile:

Thelma--YAY, what a fun package to receive, full of Cathe DVD's!!! Have fun with those! :bigsmile:

Have an awesome day!!

Erika
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Very quick check-in for me today as I am headed out to get my hair prettied up (thankfully!) in a few minutes then I hope to enjoy the afternoon's spring-like weather before the weather turns--again--tomorrow. :grumble: Today's workout started with the Mix and Max premix from Cardio Fusion. :heart: And because I enjoyed it so much last week, I followed it with Turbo Barre. Great workout.

Michelle, sounds like you've been doing some great workouts!! Like you, I am trying to get my arms fit because not only do we have more formal events coming up, but I know what I want to wear to DH's retirement, and it is a sleeveless dress. Since I am going to be on stage with him at times (like to pin on his retirement pin), I have to get rid of the flappy arms!! :blushing: :laugh: So I am with you for an arm challenge! Hope all goes well with your surgery tomorrow!

Erika, so glad to see you! So glad things are calming down and you are getting back to regular workouts. My allergies have been weird this spring, like your husband's. The only reason I know they are allergies is because I feel fine and everybody else is complaining as well! But they are driving me crazy!

Thelma, great job with Power Max!! That's fantastic for the first time through. Yep, I definitely recommend previewing PRS2 first to get the footwork down a bit. In fact, I stood up and did some of the steps on the floor while I previewed just to make sure I had the right foot and rhythm down. That really helped because when some of the moves came up during the workout, I knew I already had figured them out and that gave me a lot of confidence to keep going. Hope your arm is doing all right today after yesterday's first aid training!

Tami, sounds like a good class! I hear you on 'hitting snooze'. I am running late today because I couldn't get up this morning. :yawn: DH is only gone for a week. But he has three job interviews this week (two in Florida, one near DC) so keep your fingers crossed for him!! He had his first this morning and said it went well, so that is good.

Off to the hair salon!! See you tomorrow!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Spinning was fantastic! :bigsmile: As always, she never fails to work us hard no matter what we are doing. This a.m. was XT Legs (Premix #3) and then I went to the Insane Abs class at noon w/ Katy again! :wink:

Thelma: Fantastic job with Cardio Hits PowerMax ~ sounds like you made it work for yourself and took a perfect approach in learning the steps.:smile: I always have to laugh at the outfits on the older dvd’s of Cathe’s. :laugh: Cracks me up! What a calorie burn too. That’s awesome :drinker: Is your CPR/First Aid training a requirement at your work or just something they offer? Sorry to hear it put your bicep into some pain it sounds darn it. I bet you are so looking forward to your PT appt/evaluation. You’re absolutely right on Katy – if she is teaching I am guaranteed to burn some serious calories and work hard. So Tues – Thurs it is always going to be a good workout. She is still promoting the “new” Insanity class she is starting on April 3rd. I will be giving it a try but yikes if it is snowing or pouring rain. We’ll see!

Erika: Great work with your FitBit challenge! :smile: That’s so great that your company promotes a fit lifestyle (which makes sense of course) and it’s awesome that you started up a push-up challenge. I hope you can find a spot to do some classes. I know that has been an interest for you for a while. I’m lucky that the gym is so close to my work and it’s a bonus that they offer great classes. The same gym (PEAK) near my house which I can go to if I want doesn’t have half of the good classes, that one is only like a mile from my house but again, not very good classes. Plus, my #1 choice is my at home DVD workouts.

Laurel: Another great workout! :bigsmile: Nice job. It has been so long since I did Cardio Fusion and it is such a great one. One that I am always proud of myself when I finish due to some choreography moves and from what I remember it is NON-STOP! I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels the “tireds” in the a.m. sometimes.:ohwell: WOW! Fingers crossed for your hubby.:flowerforyou: I bet he feels a little nervous, right?!? It would be tough entering into the job search situation after all these years. But I guess he is wired up mentally for “change & adversity” so maybe he isn’t as nervous as say I would be. :wink: Hope you had a nice hair appt! Yay for that :drinker:

Michelle: Hope everything went well today! Here’s to a quick recovery time :flowerforyou:

DH & I are trying to make a plan for this weekend ~ it is our 18th Wedding Anniversary on Sunday :drinker: We may drive to Spokane and go to a nice restaurant there Sat night. We’ll see. Since my Birthday is in April we sometimes do a little combo trip celebrating both . . . I’ll see tonight what he has decided. Can’t believe it’s been 18 years :huh:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, TGIF! I'm working from home tomorrow because my PT evaluation appointment is at 8AM and I can't wait to hear what the therapist has to say. I have my first treatment appointment next Wednesday afternoon.

I lost 8/10's of a lb which brought me exactly to 13 lbs lost! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :love: :love: I'm almost at the biggest goal I set for myself. Any pound lost over 15 is a bonus because I realize the weight loss will slow down even more by then.

PT went well today. More elliptical and more leg work. I am still thinking I will do a spinning workout tomorrow to give my legs a break from jumping but I'll go back to jumping on Saturday.

Erika, what a relief for you to have work and home life starting to slow down so you can have some "me" time and get your workouts in. What a wonderful idea to do the desk pushup challenge! Maybe I should start doing that with my lazy co-workers! I'm the only one who exercises of the women in my team. There are two guys who go for walks during lunch but now all the time.
    I am really going to have fun with my new Cathe workouts. I just need more "me" time!

Laurel, awesome workouts as always! I can't believe you're talking about flappy arms! Have you looked at your profile pictures lately? you have amazingly toned/defined/muscular arms! I want to show you "flappy arms" lady! :laugh:
    With your killer workouts there is no way you have anything flappy! LOL You will look amazing at the retirement reception! Every woman in that room will look at you with envy wishing they were as fit as you are!

I didn't realize the PowerMax workout was as long as it was but I was glad to have finished it up and I wasn't anywhere near death! I will definitely review and practice the moves on PRS2 DVD before doing the workout.
    I'm so happy to hear your DH has 3 interviews this week! Sending lots of luck his way!!!
    My arm recovered nicely after the CPR class which is nice.

Tami, I'm sure you had a blast with Katy last night given your killer burn! Great workouts today too!
    I liked the PowerMax. I knew that as long as I kept on moving I was burning calories. I couldn't afford to get all bent out of shape over the choreography. I am still in in shock over the calorie burn!
    OMG! The outfits! The thong leotards! :laugh: :laugh: and also Cathe with the fried, permed hair! Yikes! the outfits and the permed hair can be a little distracting. There's another old workout where she's wearing these tiny blue shorts that look like they're cutting her circulation off. Too funny! These old workouts are still effective today! Way to go Cathe! :flowerforyou:

I really hope Katy doesn't disappoint you with her new class because you will be in heaven if you have another "Katy" class available to you per week!
    The CPR class is not required at work. People were asked to volunteer to be part of the medical emergency response team and I volunteered. The company has special protocols that must be followed in case of emergency. There are people who make sure people go to the shelter in place in case of some attack I guess. We also have an evacuation protocol and a meet place. so we all have to meet at the same place no matter which door we exited the building from. The same "meet" place allows them to get a headcount. For the medical team we have a special number we call instead of directly calling 911. We call a number that triggers a call to the nurse, 911, ambulance, facilities knows where the emergency is in the building and they wait outside to bring the paramedics to the emergency site. We also have to get somebody to get the emergency backup which has a defibrillator, gloves, a sugary toothpaste like thing for a diabetic emergency, a seriously heavy oxygen tank, a razor in case we get a hairy guy who needs CPR, scissors in case we need to cut through clothing or a woman's bra for the shock patches. I told the nurse to get a backpack on wheels because if we have to run with that backpack we'll need the oxygen ourselves by the time we get to the patient! LOL
    I put that backup on my back and I think it weighs around 50 lbs. so hopefully I won't be the one designated to carry the thing! We're not allowed to administer meds or the oxygen. The nurse has to do that. Are is fully recovered from the little action it got yesterday during chest compressions.
    Wow Tami! 18 years! That is so wonderful. I hope you too go out and do something special. When is your birthday?

Since I'm always the last one to check in I'd like to wish you all a wonderful weekend.
    Thelma
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies! TGIF!!!!
    Just a quick update: My PT appointment went as well as could be expected. I liked the therapist. I do have an injury and I won't be able to do pushups for the challenge test unfortunately.

I believe this rehab will go longer than 4 weeks though. There are a lot of tense muscles on my neck, back, pecs and of course the tendinitis inflammation. all these issues need to be "calmed down". That is going to take time and then of course we have to work on strengthening my lats and everything else to help my posture which will help the shoulders be in the right place. I need to always be aware of my posture! That is easier said than done but I will try my best.
    My first treatment session is next Wednesday afternoon.

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Well surgery went well yesterday and by late last night I was editing a history paper for the eldest and then stayed up until 4am reading a new book.:blushing: The doctor called last night to check in with me which was truly suprising but yet sweet and was pleased to hear me sound so chipper on the phone.:bigsmile: He advised against exercise until tomorrow so I will do Ballet beautiful floorwork. I have some swelling and mild discomfort but overall life as usual as "mommy duty" does not include sickness.:bigsmile: I attempted to sleep in as it has been two nights of little sleep but then Mr. C decided that he needed me outside to fix his blanket and after this he decides to head to his room to sleep.:huh: :grumble:

Thelma- My hubby is like that too, he will jump on the treadmill for 5 miles and then the bike for an hour. Occasionally he will do a dvd with me but as he states, he prefers to exercise outside or with a group so now I no longer ask him. Sorry about the inflammation and PT but your body is talking to you and need some healing. Some of my dvds were not in stock, so only 3 were shipped.:grumble:

Erika- Yes, that wonderful Squeeze will do great things for my arms. I'm glad to see you woman:bigsmile: , please stick with us and keep up that great at work challenge.:flowerforyou:

Laurel- Oh yes for his retirement you will be front and center to pin his retirement pin, so no flabby arms for us.:tongue: Hmnnn a nice challenge, those dreaded dips may have to surface for me as those are great for flappers.:laugh: Fingers crossed for hubby's interview.:flowerforyou:

Tami- Woo-hoo on 18 coming soon.:flowerforyou: A nice weekend getaway is always great so whatever you choose it will be fun. Of course at a trip to a warm place or a great play may be nice too.:wink:

Today I had our monthly wives "meet and greet" at Paneras but I will skip that and just relax with my kids as Spring Break starts for us and I'm scheduled this weekend.

Have a great weekend!:flowerforyou:
    Michelle
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! Happy Friday!! Today I started my workout with one I don't do very often.....Total Body Trisets. It was perfect for today! I must credit and thank Tami for continuing to encourage me to do these Trisets workouts because I really thought they were goners after I did them the first time back when I got the Low Impact Series. I am finally beginning to appreciate Cathe's thinking with these workouts! :drinker: I followed it with XTrain Hard Strikes.

Tami, Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you get a chance to celebrate. Isn't amazing how quickly time flies? DH and I will celebrate our 24th a month from today. :noway: Thanks for asking if he is nervous. One of the things I really love about my husband is his ability to take most things in stride. I know he will be very nervous for his retirement. But for these interviews, he seems to be taking them seriously but not over-thinking them, which is good. He may get more nervous, though, the closer he gets to unemployment. Great workouts!! Sounds like Katy is keeping you very fit!! Is she back to 100%? I hope so.

Michelle, glad to hear your surgery went well. How nice of the doctor to call!!! That is almost unheard of these day. Hope you enjoy some quiet time today and rest before jumping in to more workouts. The exercise Cathe recommend for the arm jiggles are lying tricep extensions with the arms slightly more open than 90 degrees, which is one of the reason I am doing the 100 rep challenges of those. I don't know if they are working as I have a hard time raising my arms up to see if they jiggle after doing them. :laugh: I guess that is a good sign.

Thelma, your PT evaluation makes good sense and I am so happy to see that your PT understands the importance of muscle balance. I have found too often that they just want to treat the problem and not the source of the problem. And it sounds like your PT wants to treat the source. Even though it make take quite awhile through this process, the good thing is you probably won't be in this predicament again with everything all balanced again. The outfits in Cathe's older workouts.......:laugh: . I never, ever voluntarily wore a leotard, so at least I am not looking at them and saying 'I remember when I dressed like that'! But, bad outfits and hair aside, as you said, at least they are still effective. But they do make me laugh too!! Thanks for the compliment on my arms. I am not quite sure they are looking their best right now as I seem to have enjoyed a bit too much chocolate this winter. :blushing: But I am back in my swing of cleaner eating, so here is hoping I see some improvement soon.

Hope you all have a great weekend. It is supposed to snow so with DH gone, I am thinking I may enjoy a good book by the fire. I'd rather be enjoying spring and the outdoors, unfortunately. :ohwell:

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ STS Total Body was today’s workout! :wink: Still debating on going to Spinning or not. My weekly dilemma since it’s not my favorite class :ohwell: DH is out watching a few of the basketball games right now so I may go and meet him at home. We'll see.

Thelma: TGIF!!! :drinker: So great that you can work from home today. Sounds like your PT appt went great! Some work to do there but like Laurel said, it’s great they are approaching it from every angle – not just the injury itself. CONGRATS on the 13 lbs down :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: and being just right near your goal! So fantastic, it has to feel great. You deserve every ounce of those lbs lost! You have been working really hard. :flowerforyou: I’m glad that you thought the outfits were funny too ~ :laugh: and yes, the spiral perm. So hilarious. It’s great that you are part of that emergency medical team. It sounds intense! :huh: I agree, if you have to pack that heavy weighted gear and run to the victim you’re going to need the oxygen tank too! I’m not saying you can’t do it, but yikes! Anyone would with that kind of event facing them head on - the intensity of your adrenalin flying through your body alone would be exhausting! Thanks so much for the Anniversary wishes :wink: My Birthday is April 21st. :smile:

Michelle: So glad your appt went well and it sounds as though you will be good to go today even! :smile: That’s fantastic and I’m sure nobody is happier than you to have it behind you. WooHoo :drinker: Thanks for the Anniversary wishes! Yes . . . we will do something special and if we don’t get away we may try to do that in April instead as a Anniv/B-day combo! We’ll see.

Laurel: Fantastic workout!:bigsmile: I’m glad that I could help with the encouragement . . . that is such a great one I think; for me it is a time factor so it doesn’t come around quite as often as I like but I love the unique moves and how it gets a little bit of a cardio factor in there too. :wink: Perfect follow-up with Hard Strikes. I agree with the Thelma on the flappy arms comment . . . I can’t even picture what you are talking about there friend! :noway: But it’s great that you are working towards looking/feeling just right for that special event ~ I understand.
    Thanks for the Anniversary wishes ~ that’s right, your anniversary is on my Birthday! :flowerforyou: I’m glad to hear he is handling the nerves (sounds like that is his MO anyway) but even so, it can be nerve wracking! I bet he will end up in a great spot for both of you and a great job to go along with it. That is my hope for you both!

Hope you ladies all have a great weekend ~ Talk to you on Monday!

Tami
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Kira, I think you are addicted to working out. That is the best addiction to have! You sure lucked out

Thelma,

Last night was Meso3 Plyo Legs 26 AND Squat Legs 37 ... I could almost see the newly destroyed and built muscle this morning in the mirror! :happy: (I wonder if I will be able to move in the morning?)

Today was Abs, Kick Max, and part of another video to finish me off. In the past I had to skip half the blasts, but now, after doing so much tabata/interval work ... the blasts were almost Plyo light? :huh: maybe Plyo medium. I didn't start waning until blast 8, but I was pretty wasted by the last blast.

Tomorrow? Meso3 Chest and Back.

Kira
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I had a super busy weekend. I didn't have a moment to relax but I did make time for my workouts. On Friday I tried Cathe's Low Max and I went for 75 minutes. Burned 625. I really liked it! Saturday was X10 premix 42 and yesterday was Spinning.

Michelle, I am glad your surgery went well. How nice of your doctor to call to check in with you! I hope you're feeling well. Did you take it easy with your workouts?
    I asked DH if he would go to the gym with me while we're in Ireland and it sounded like he was willing to go with me. Of course this all depends on the time I workout. I think I need to get my workouts first thing in the morning. No sleeping in while on vacation! If I get up at 6 AM to go to the gym he may not get up that early. We'll see. I need to do the workouts for me anyway. While on vacation diet will be OFF!

Laurel - great workouts on Friday! I miss the kickboxing workouts!
    How did your husband do on his interviews? WOW! Happy 24th wedding anniversary!
    So far I feel very comfortable with my therapist. She did a very thorough evaluation. She definitely wants to treat the source which is exactly what I need! Thank God for Cathe's workouts because I can do a lot of high intensity workouts without using my arms. Although I cheated a little on Saturday but using my arms during X10. My shoulder was killing me so I iced it. :sad: I know, I know. It was stupid of me. It's just that shoulder was filling really good!
    I think I wore leotards but never the thong kind! I sure your arms will be in fine shape for your husband's retirement ceremony. I looked at the pictures you have in MFP and there is one where you're wearing a sleeveless black top and your arms look so incredibly defined! :flowerforyou: When was that picture taken? That is how I envision your arms now!

Tami - Great workouts on Friday and this weekend too and you've logged on to MFP for 790 days! :flowerforyou:
    I'm fortunate that I can work from home every once in a while. I really think my physical therapist is going to help me correct my muscle imbalances and posture issues. Thanks on the weight loss and workout comments! I'm so happy about my progress. Today I'm wearing smaller pants. This is a pair that I bought probably a year ago and they wouldn't even go past my thighs!
    It really is good to be part of the emergency medical team at work. I hope everyone stays healthy! I hope the nurse gets a backpack on wheels for the emergency kit soon. It's a custom bag with all the right compartments. I agree with on the adrenalin part. Once the adrenalin kicks I don't know if I would be able to carry the pack. I can just picture myself hyperventilating from being so nervous Oh God! I hope I'll be of help in case of an emergency!

Kira, way to go with those Meso workouts! :flowerforyou: Were you able to walk the day after the leg workout?

Have a great day ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Enjoyed a very quiet weekend here. Saturday was my rest day, but it was more like a restless day! :blushing: So I did MMA Boxing.....just for a little something but nothing too intense. Yesterday was back to full workouts, and I started with After Burn Bonus Burn, and followed it with XTrain Legs. Today was XTrain Chest, Back and Shoulders, and I did the Double Trouble premix. :noway: Such a great workout! I followed it with Cathe's Interval Max and XTrain Core 1.

Tami, thanks for the well wishes for DH and I. He had his last interview this morning and called me as he was driving back to his parent's house. He was asking of the three places/jobs he interviewed for which I would prefer. Too cute! I think he is kind of excited, and I said to him that I hope we are able to have that discussion of which is best for us because that means he gets more than one offer! But......we'll see about that in a few weeks. :ohwell: Hope you enjoyed your choice about Spinning on Friday!!

Kira, both leg workouts back-to-back?!? :noway: Wow!! Great job!! And I know what you mean about those blasts. When I first did that workout, I couldn't get through the third blast without my calves cramping up. Now......they just aren't that bad!!! Congratulations on the improvements!

Thelma, so glad to hear you enjoyed Low Max. It is a solid workout, that's for sure. Sorry to hear you overdid it a bit with X10, but that's all part of the learning process I suppose. I admit, I don't handle injuries well so I understand the impatience. That photo you mention was taken in Sept 2009, when I was at my very lightest after my weightless. I weighed about 97 pounds, which is a bit light for me (and nearly impossible to maintain!). I am much more comfortable at my current weight of 110, and my body prefers it all around. But, sadly, my arms (and legs) don't look nearly as good. But I opt for healthy and comfortable over skinny and cut. Thanks for the compliment, though!

Enjoy the day!

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    Options
    Hi Ladies ~ Great weekend for me with DH and we ended up just staying home other than a day into Spokane for the Hunting/Fishing Sports Show & lunch. My step son was in town (from Alaska) at the show working a booth with his girlfriend. So we were able to visit with them and see the show, then headed to lunch. Two hours was a lot for me to hang out there :blushing: DH understood. It would be like me taking him to a fitness expo :laugh: But I enjoyed our time together, so it was good and seeing Trevor. We did get a new BBQ as our dual “Anniversary” gift :drinker: and the weather was nice so we had some nice meals at home! We BBQ year-round and use it about 4 or 5x a week. His parents commented to us that we are getting “old” because we opted to stay home. :huh: I’m sure they meant it in the best way . . . right!??!:huh: I was able to get my workouts in both days too!! :smile: Saturday was To The Max Xtreme & yesterday was Tabatacise + Abwork. :bigsmile: Today’s workout will be BootCamp after work. We are having another nice weather day . . . hopefully she doesn’t get any ideas.

Thelma: Fantastic job all weekend with your workouts!!! :bigsmile: You are really doing an awesome job, it’s so great. Sorry about the shoulder ~ injuries can be tricky forsure. The second you think it’s feeling fine and do anything that pain comes back. As you experienced. Glad to hear you iced it and took care of it right away. Thanks for the logging kudos :smile: It’s kind of crazy isn’t it?! The days that I missed prior to that was when I went out of the country and couldn’t connect to the internet. I love it that you are planning in advance for your workouts during your trip to Ireland! I think you will be just fine giving yourself permission to “eat freely” while you are there. Good on ya! You will probably find, with your new eating habits that you will want to make healthier choices anyway on a lot of the meals.

Kira: Great job with STS! :smile: Hopefully you are loving it and weren’t too sore that next day after that double leg workout!

Laurel: Another fabulous line up of workouts! :drinker: Nice job. :wink: I :heart: that Double Trouble pre-mix; one of my favs in that series. Since this rotation is only a couple weeks longer I will be looking into starting an XT rotation. How did you like re-visiting MMA Boxing? Unfortunately Spinning on Friday was not good :grumble: It’s so disappointing ~ I think moving forward since I struggle with this each week I will only go if it is raining and opt for a walk with the dogs or my own bike ride on nice days instead. Now that I may be adding a Thursday evening to my “schedule” I can use Friday as my “be home early” eve. It’s just too inconsistent with being a good class or just ok :frown:

Talk to you ladies tomorrow ~ Tami