How do you sleep?

Options

Replies

• terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I have fan that runs EVERY night...if it cuts of I wake up. And it must be completely dark in my bedroom for me to sleep!
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The Chinese radio station has to be playing and it has to be at the same volume as it is everynight or else I can't sleep, it must be dark and I have to have my two care bears with me.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    nekkid, in a very dark, very quiet, very cold room :laugh:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Ceiling fan on , my left side, thinking about this hot blonde.
    I seen her in a thread asking about how do you sleep....lol

<--- Not sure if she should consider this a compliment or get a restraining order :laugh:

Compliment.....:angry:
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    It has to be pitch black, cool, and silent as the grave. In the buff. With nobody else in the bed!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Totally dark and NO noise!! I get up if there is even the slightest sound.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Can't be too hot. Otherwise I can sleep anywhere unless its very noisy (the TV being on is OK), lights on or off.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I need dead silence.
  • susjan
    susjan Posts: 105
    Options
    I sleep with a fan on for the background noise. I've also been known to travel with a small fan to various hotels when I travel.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    To drown out my husband's snoring either really good ear plugs or Foo Fighters turned up loud on my iPod, both work when dropping off, but the ear plugs win for helping through the night.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    1.Turns on warbler fan
    2. Puts on small CPAP Mask
    3. Turns on CPAP Machine
    4. Asleep in 4-7 minutes.
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    With nobody else in the bed!

well that doesn't sound like any fun...
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I need a nightlight and usually the TV suffices. My husband needs the TV on, he's slept with it on for pretty much his whole life. We put in a tape, (right now it's the animated movie, The Hobbit) and pass out. Right now since it's summer time we also have the A/C on and blowing at us... it's louder so we have to turn the TV up just a little bit. When the tape is done, our machine will rewind it and spit it out. Then the TV stays on with "Video 1" lighting up the room... if one of us gets up to pee in the night, we push the tape back in and are able to get back to sleep...
    When we stay at hotels or at his parent's house, we have to sleep with the TV on and we usually put it on Cartoon Network... Strange but it works.
    One time I was at a 2 day conference with my Ma and we shared a hotel room... She can't sleep with the TV on and I tried to leave it on... it didn't work, she grabbed the remote off the table between us and turned it off, I then woke up suddenly and not wanting to piss her off I just tried to go back to sleep... granted I got about 5 to 6 hours instead of my normal 8 to 10... :-P
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Like you I need some kind of noise. Last year we got a new tempur pedic bed, the one that you can raise the head and/or foot of the bed and it also has a "massage" feature. The massage feature is nothing more than the head and/or foot area vibrating. But my husband and I like to turn it on because it kind of lulls us to sleep. It only goes for 30 minutes at a time, so if I am not in a deep enough sleep by then it will wake me up when it turns off, so I find myself reaching for the remote to hit it for another 30 mins and by that point I am sleeping deeper (usually) and it doesn't wake me when it turns off again.

Since it's been so hot lately, our room isn't cool enough even with central air, so we've also had a box fan on.....a couple summers ago we got so used to the noise of the fan that we kept it on all winter too, just pointed it away from us.

Over Easter my husband's grandpa stayed with us so we gave him our room. Sleeping in the guest bedroom with no vibrating bed and no noise whatsoever was almost torture for me. The next time I'll have to remember to bring the fan in.
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    I have to have a fan on, cold and dark. But I can't sleep without the fan, it drowns out the hubby's snoring :wink:
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    sleep? What is sleep? *kidding* I work nights so I have learned that I sleep when I can, when I'm tired, no matter where I am at. I can pretty much sleep anywhere, anytime.

That is like my husband,

He fell asleep on the floor beside the hospital bed (in triage) when I was pregnant...the doctor just saw feet from the end of the bed and came rushing over to see if all was ok....
  • manasunshine
    manasunshine Posts: 130
    Options
    quiet but never completely dark. if my night light goes off in the middle of the night, i wake up the very instant..idk how it just happens :ohwell:
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    When I finally do decide to sleep I like it very dark, cold, and my ceiling fan on.. Can't sleep without all that :)
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I can fall asleep on pretty much any acceptable sleeping surface (bed, couch, seat in car, sleeping bag on ground, pillow or no pillow, blanket or none) in any conditions (light, dark, hot, cold, quiet, noisy, with other(s) or by myself, with any variety of clothing on) as long as I'm at least a little bit tired. I've worked every kind of shift possible and lived in apartments with too many people during college, so I've pretty much figured out how to get it done. My husband on the other hand has to sleep with an eye mask, ear plugs, fan, black out curtains and a very cold room. So that is mostly how I sleep now.
  • Live_wire_ca
    Live_wire_ca Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I close my eyes.