Any wine drinkers???

Options
12346»

Replies

• amlucy2
    amlucy2 Posts: 9
    Options
    I have wine or a cocktail most nights... It is something I enjoy. I try to earn exercise calories for them. You still have to live!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    German White all the way! I love German wine!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I am a straight up red girl myself, hard to find red wine lovers, most people like that spiked koolaid crap!

Me too--the drier the better. I hate sweet wine
  • CassandraMarie3
    CassandraMarie3 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Love my wine too...Gotta say your best bet is cutting down to half of what you drink each week to start. So, if you have a couple glasses every night, switch to M, W, F, S. Then if you can, your 2-3 most stressful days. I stick to the drier wines, and make sure I fully enjoy it. If I've had a particularly hard day at work, I make sure I get a workout in first (endorphins and extra calories). But alcohol definitely makes its way into my diary each week. Take a look if you'd like!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I love you all!!! Great minds think alike.
  • Lizaggie1
    Lizaggie1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have wine or a cocktail most nights... It is something I enjoy. I try to earn exercise calories for them. You still have to live!

Exactly...I love a glass of wine with dinner or out with friends after work. As long as I've incorporated it into my daily calories why should it matter!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
  • cara150
    cara150 Posts: 8
    Options
    red wine all the time!! this may be my biggest downfall, but i WILL NEVER give it up. i guess i will be upping the workouts!!
  • smbrooks404
    smbrooks404 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I LOVE WINE! We are Italian and make it at my house...I work-out and eat healthy and wine is something I incorporate daily! Just make sure you drink lots of water still!

If I could own and live on a vineyard in Italy and make my living that way, I'd do it in a heartbeat! That's pretty much my dream life right there, lol! :love:

My dream is to have my own vineyard as well! I LOVE wine. I actually write a blog dedicated to Virginia wineries. I enjoy going to wine tastings on the weekends and it is actually a part of my lifestyle. I refuse to give it up. Sorry!

But, yes, now that I am on MFP and really trying to lose some weight I will make sure I work out plenty that day if I know I am planning to have wine. I also have limited my wine consumptions during the week to special outings/happy hour etc. I used to drink a few glasses a night but that definitely had to stop.

So, special occasion weeknights and weekend wine tastings (not all weekends, but fairly often). And, I stick to red.

Wish everyone the best of luck! Go Wine! :-) :drinker:
  • abigailbartlett54
    Options
    Me! Me! My downfall for sure. Glad to hear that there are folks out there losing and drinking their wine too!
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My downfall too. "I'll just have one drink." Five drinks later...