Replies

• jvelasquez28
    jvelasquez28 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Restart date: 7/16/12
  • RJ74
    RJ74 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Started week 2 today. I think I might need new carpet when I'm through with Insanity because the stuff I have now is gonna be nasty from all this sweating. :) I was doing the moving push ups this morning and the sweat was dripping off me. Gross. Anyways, probably more than anyone needed to know, but it made me laugh! Loved my day off yesterday but loved getting back to it today. Happy Monday!
  • Chan0629
    Chan0629 Posts: 19
    Options
    Start Date: 07/16/2012
    Projected End: 09/16/2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: No, I have a healthy 1200 - 1500 plan
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 165
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 135-140
  • 123whit
    123whit Posts: 9
    Options
    I would love to join this group, however, I cannot find it when I search in the Groups tab??? I am waiting for my INSANITY to be shipped (hoping to receive it today!)
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day!! My husband and I are doing this together, wish us luck lol!! How many cals are you ladies eating while doing Insanity? I am going to try 1500. Is that enough?
  • adjoa84
    adjoa84 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group, however, I cannot find it when I search in the Groups tab??? I am waiting for my INSANITY to be shipped (hoping to receive it today!)

I dont think there's a group just this thread :-)
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started week 3 today and did Fit Test plus I did Cardio Abs afterwards because I didn't do them last week.

My numbers for most of the things were LOWER this time than the first time I did the Fit Test. What's that all about?
  • babydoll0873
    babydoll0873 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or has anyone else found that their calves are GROWING!? I think its all the jumping haha!

Yep, Ive been doing Insanity for about 7 weeks....I measured after 4 weeks, and my calves increased (by about 3/4 an inch) ! (I also lost inches in both my thighs and lower waist). I agree, all the "power jumps" are probably taking their toll lol

You bet!! My thighs all the way around too. There's way more muscle there now!! Lovin' it!!
  • StephRme2
    StephRme2 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm in :D

I'll start
    Start Date: July 16th 2012
    Projected End: September 25th 2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: Yes
    Starting weight: 229
    Goal Weight: 200 (soft goal~ ultimately want to get to 175)
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Mhhenderson
    Mhhenderson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello All ~ I just finished the Fit Test (day 1) and I'm wondering how you all are tracking calories burned? I bought a watch style HRM and it said that I only burned 30 calories... that can't be right, can it???

Also, those of you that have been at this a couple of weeks ~ did you increase your calorie count from the recommended MFP goal? My MFP goal is 1200 a day, but the Insanity guide says to follow a 1500 calorie diet? Thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see what progress we make throughout this journey!!
  • Moonlitdove
    Options
    Okay, here goes!

Start Date: July 16th
    Projected End: Sept 16th
    Following Nutrition Guide: No- I count my own calories and such
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 170 ( I gained after the wedding and have yet to update my ticker....)
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): Realistically I should say 155 but I want to shoot for that 145, however muscle weighs more than fat so as long as I fit into my skinnier jeans it's all good by me!
  • hellotherecupcake
    Options
    Start Date: June 11, 2012

Projected End: August 12, 2012

Following Nutrition Guide: No, but I'm a vegetarian who eats fairly healthy. I'm going to try to stick to eating 5 times a day, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. :\

Starting weight(with Insanity): 110

Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): I don't want to lose weight. I just want to be fitter and to be able to have more endurance.

Feel free to add me! I'm a great encourager. ;-)
  • Yveott
    Yveott Posts: 4
    Options
    Good something to keep me on track... ( I hope)

Start Date: July 16th 2012
    Projected End: September 25th 2012
    Following Nutrition Guide: somewhat (will watch what I eat)
    Starting weight: 124
    Goal Weight: 120/115 or at least tone up nice and good. (tired of thin and flabby)
  • Talialala
    Talialala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Talia
    Start Date: 7/16/2012
    Projected End: September
    Following Nutrition Guide: NO - Primal Lifestyle
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 200
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 180
  • omgsmh
    omgsmh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started last week!
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    Hello All ~ I just finished the Fit Test (day 1) and I'm wondering how you all are tracking calories burned? I bought a watch style HRM and it said that I only burned 30 calories... that can't be right, can it???

Also, those of you that have been at this a couple of weeks ~ did you increase your calorie count from the recommended MFP goal? My MFP goal is 1200 a day, but the Insanity guide says to follow a 1500 calorie diet? Thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see what progress we make throughout this journey!!

That can't be right. Sounds like your HRM isn't working. I'd go by the calculations set in the Insanity program instead of MFP calculations. MFP had mine set at 1200 also but with the calculations for Insanity, it's 1600. You're going to need more healthy calories just to get through the workouts. Hope this helps
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options

That can't be right. Sounds like your HRM isn't working. I'd go by the calculations set in the Insanity program instead of MFP calculations. MFP had mine set at 1200 also but with the calculations for Insanity, it's 1600. You're going to need more healthy calories just to get through the workouts. Hope this helps

I might add that I burned 216 calories just doing the fit test. I know everyone is different but 30 is extremely low
  • DreamNLive
    Options
    I am so in!

Start Date: 7/17/2012
    Projected End: 9/26/12
    Following Nutrition Guide: Not really. Looks like it is hard to cook. I will eat around 1500 calories though
    Starting weight(with Insanity): 220
    Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 200 or below. I will be working out more with my sports.

I am new to fitness pal. I do have insanity so i am happy there is posts about insanity. I am just scared that i won;t stay on it. In the past i quit because i felt i couldn't achieve the goal.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Started week 5 today! I am excited for my upcoming fit test to see if I note any more improvement :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!