Counting how many chips you eat??

Options
12346»

Replies

• brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    I bought a digital scale, and now everything is weighed. It was a pain getting used to, but now it is just something I do.
  • suthrnladey
    Options
    I weigh them. Counting takes longer than putting them on my digital diet scale.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes when i have salty cravings i eat pop chips and count them, and count almonds too, i eat them usually as a snack!!!
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I do this with chips, and rice cake minis etc..I've gotten into the habit of counting out everything!
  • sexybebe2012
    Options
    Yes and i want to know which chips you buy that give you 50 chips for 120 calories! I want those!

It was actually Toms Hot Fries. lol.. I always count the chips or crackers and I was very upset when the bag of raw unsalted almonds said 20 almonds was 180 calories because I LOVE nuts. I don't even think that sounds accurate but thats what the bag said. I'd rather not tease myself with nuts now. I get sliced or chopped nuts now and count them and throw them in a salad. Seems to be more fullfilling that way than just eating them as a plain snack.

Sorry it was actually ANDY CAPPS hot fries. I buy them at Walgreens. 50 fries/chips =120 calories. I love hot fries. lol
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - I've had to learn to count and measure everything! That is how I am learning correct portion control.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Lays Light chips and I weigh them in ounces.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Nope but I do weigh them. You have to be careful with counting. I found out with cashews that the labels might be misleading. When I weighed them there was only about 3/4 of what the count had on the label.

I weigh everything. No counting, no measuring cups. Too easy to cheat even when not on purpose.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yes I count them all! Even my oyster crackers....
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weigh everything, even when I'm out. Who's the freak with the portable digital scale? **raises hand**
  • Less0Beth
    Less0Beth Posts: 16
    Options
    if a package of any snack size foods says "XX = YYY calories", then you better believe I count them out. I am such a stickler that when I open the bag, I count out and bag the items right away. When my snack baggie is done, I count my calories and go away. Works for us.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That is hardcore that you take your scale with you lol. I also weigh snack foods and such....too difficult to gauge half pieces and what-not. I counted out m&ms today. Have to do it that way so I can still have it and not go psycho with the bag :-)