Something nobody knows about you........

Options

Replies

• 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I have to fall asleep on my stomach while rubbing the top of my foot on the mattress. I can't sleep without blankets even in the summer.
    This is me except I fall asleep on my side..thought I was the only one who did this stuff!! :laugh:
  • luvva_luvva
    Options
    My mind's not nearly as optimistic as it seems outwardly :P
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I used to think making cheese on toast was done by putting cheese on bread, then microwaving it.
    So stooopid. :indifferent:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I am skeeved out to the point of panic attacks by wet and gritty locker room floors. Just the thought of putting my bare feet on a dirty, wet tile floor makes me feel nauseous. I literally wear flip flops right up to the very edge of the pool because I won't even walk on a wet pool deck.

OMG! me too.

Took the kids camping. It was hysterical the looks I got.
    Took a shower, dried off, went to the sink and proceeded to thoroughly wash every inch of my foot. Completely dry it, put a sock on i t and then a shoe. Now that takes talent to balance on one foot and do all that!

Of course, I thoroughly cleaned the sink when I was done. That's just disgusting not to! I had a container of disinfectant cleaner by the sink so people knew I had good intentions of cleaning it! eeew.

I'm mostly an open book around most of my friends but they never believe I was shy when I was in jrhs/hs
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely terrified of The Wizard of Oz. I blame it on my parents showing it to me at an early age, but that flick still scares the living S out of me. Ughhhh Miserable.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I worked from home for 2 years as an "adult phone enertainer" and I've even worked as a "cam girl" on the internet for a short time when I was thinner... This was a few years ago when my hubby wasn't working and we were desperate for money. Nobody knows that besides my mom and my husband. :blushing:
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have to fall asleep on my stomach while rubbing the top of my foot on the mattress. I can't sleep without blankets even in the summer.
    This is me except I fall asleep on my side..thought I was the only one who did this stuff!! :laugh:

Glad to know I am normal!:happy: :happy:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I am scared senseless of lady bugs. One time I locked myself in a bathroom because I was so scared. I also have an irrational phobia of tornadoes and have reoccurring nightmares about them every since I could remember. Weird things is, I've never experienced one. Here, the tornado siren goes off every Wednesday at noon as a test, and I near hyperventilate every time.

I also have this weird thing where I like plucking hairs and dead skin :/ I used to put glue on me and let it dry when I was younger just to peel it off. My dad was a construction worker so he would get sunburned a lot, and I would get irrationally irate when he wouldn't let me pick his peeling skin.... disgusting, I know.
  • lwagnitz
    Options
    I am absolutely terrified of The Wizard of Oz. I blame it on my parents showing it to me at an early age, but that flick still scares the living S out of me. Ughhhh Miserable.

Lol, i have a phobia of tornadoes yet never experienced one. I think this is the root of all evil. Strangely enough, the movie never bothered me, just the tornado part :blushing:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am scared senseless of lady bugs. One time I locked myself in a bathroom because I was so scared. I also have an irrational phobia of tornadoes and have reoccurring nightmares about them every since I could remember. Weird things is, I've never experienced one. Here, the tornado siren goes off every Wednesday at noon as a test, and I near hyperventilate every time.

I also have this weird thing where I like plucking hairs and dead skin :/ I used to put glue on me and let it dry when I was younger just to peel it off. My dad was a construction worker so he would get sunburned a lot, and I would get irrationally irate when he wouldn't let me pick his peeling skin.... disgusting, I know.

I am the same way about tornados... I am sooooo scared of them. I don't freak out during the weekly tests, but if we have a tornado watch or warning here, I'm a nervous wreck the whole time and I can't calm down until the warning/watch is over. I've never experienced one either but we've had some close calls.
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have a fish phobia. It's awful. I can't even handle the aquariums at the pet store. I have nightmares of falling into a huge dumpster of dead fish. I swear I would have a heart attack if that ever happened in real life. *shudder*
  • lwagnitz
    Options

I am the same way about tornados... I am sooooo scared of them. I don't freak out during the weekly tests, but if we have a tornado watch or warning here, I'm a nervous wreck the whole time and I can't calm down until the warning/watch is over. I've never experienced one either but we've had some close calls.

Just seeing pictures of them make me sweat lol. We discussed phobias in my Psych class and had asked who had a phobia, and I raised my hand. We were discussing it and he pointed out how I was wriggling in my chair and starting to get clammy. I didn't think it was that bad... lol. We had a close call once when I was at a pool about a mile and a half from my house that I walked to. I freak out and sprinted the entire way home. haha
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    at 24 i'm still a sucker for stuffed animals
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm a wrestling fan. WWE, iMpact the whole bit.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    in collge when i was fighting with my boyfriend ( he may or ay have not ben cheating.... think he was cheating) i put an empty can of tuna under his car, I saran wrapped his geo tracker and put vasaline on his door handles hehehehhehe......yea mean i know lol.....we got back together even after that

I had a friend in college who dumped THREE very full cat litter box remnants in front of her Ex's front door. He gets up EARLY to work out and ofourse stepped in all the @!#$@##$@# on his way out. Oh and it was August so the smell lingered for a few days.
    I found it quite clever.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I cannot wrap my mind around the act of slitting wrists or writing on my palms without freaking the hell out. Writing that was hard!

Anyways..........

I lock all the doors, keep the keys inside our bedroom, look underneath the bed, check the closet, and do the "spider check". All before going to bed.

I also can be afraid to close my eyes in the shower because of someone getting me, lol.
  • jennaturch
    Options
    I'm terrified of all insects, ladybugs and butterflies included. I just can't handle them! I work at PetSmart and sometimes they make me get crickets and it's just terrifying!
  • Gr8mum77
    Gr8mum77 Posts: 15
    Options
    I can't stand to have my toes touched. I think it stems from when I was a child my little sister and I would get into knock down fist fights. If she wasn't pulling the crane grab on my arm with her disgustingly long fingernails, she was dropping to the floor and simply grabbing my big toe and pulling on it until I fell to the ground. I am sure it was hysterical to watch, but it has left some scars that have yet to heal. LOL!
  • Gr8mum77
    Gr8mum77 Posts: 15
    Options
    Rodents for me! Don't expect me to get near any mouse, rat, ferret, hampster, or gerbil. Kudos to you. it is not a carreer choice I could have ever made.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I obsessively count/reread when I'm anxious (which usually just makes it worse), specially when it comes to locks and alarms. Now that I'm married I have my husband check the locks and set the alarm, which helps me stay more relaxed. Before I had him set the alarm he once caught me staring at the alarm for a couple minutes straight and asked what I was doing. :blushing:

I have a hard time falling asleep if my neck isn't covered. Even when it is super hot I still have to have a heavy blanket on.

I really enjoyed reading what everyone else has posted. I can really relate to a lot of the sleeping habits. lol I can't stand to watch anything remotely scary before bed or else I have to obsessively check to make sure it's safe. I don't think I could live alone. lol