Has anyone tried DDP yoga

Options

Replies

• Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Already had a good feeling about DDP yoga just from everything I have watched and read on it. Definitely buying it come next pay day. Might just trade my gym membership in for it if it goes well enough. Baannnngggg!
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Just chiming in for those of you who are sticking with disk 1 & 2... disk 3 has "Wake Up" on it (at least it does with the "max pack" I bought), and it's an excellent quick 10 minute routine that I will definitely be able to do every morning now that I found it! Check out all the disks, I just found out about it today! With every order you also get the audio MP3 files of the disks, which will be great when I've got a little more experience. Wake up can definitely be done without watching anything once you know the moves for those who want to use an ipod. :)<3 my DDP Yoga!
  • katem19
    katem19 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting this but was wondering how long do the various work outs take? I work as a nurse with 12hr shifts. On days that I'm off I have time for a 45-60 min work out but on days that I work (3 days week) the most I can usually push myself to do is 20-30 min workout because I've been on my feet running in an ER all day. Thanks!
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Approx times are:

Energy ~ 25mins
    Fat Burner ~ 30
    Red Hot Core ~ 15
    Below the Belt ~ 30
    Stand Up ~ 30
    Strength Builder ~ 40
    Diamond Cutter ~ 55
    Double Black Diamond ~ 70

So plenty run around 30 mins for you to get in on your shift days :)

ETA: They will help with stretching out all your muscles following a mad shift, as well as relaxing you back to the real world!!
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am pretty overweight (have lost 30 lbs but still want to lose 80 more) and have been pretty inactive until I recently started walking 2 miles a day. Anyone think this would be good for me?
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    I am pretty overweight (have lost 30 lbs but still want to lose 80 more) and have been pretty inactive until I recently started walking 2 miles a day. Anyone think this would be good for me?

YES YES YES!

If you go to www.ddpyoga.com you can see plenty of before/afters of people with significantly more weight than you left to lose (and some that actually had none left to lose)
  • Bigora
    Bigora Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump.:flowerforyou:
  • andy38uk
    andy38uk Posts: 3
    Options
    Started with DDP yoga at 25 stone 5lb with a 50 inch waist at the end of November. I`m now 21st 2lb with a 42 inch waist and still dropping #BANG!!

4 DDP workouts a week and around 2000 calories a day is doing the trick.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Well done, Andy!
  • jroman590
    jroman590 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what I'm going to need for DDP Yoga? I want to start soon and I want to make sure I have the right equipment.
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what I'm going to need for DDP Yoga? I want to start soon and I want to make sure I have the right equipment.

You just need a mat :)
  • jroman590
    jroman590 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :-)
  • mariss323
    mariss323 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 of the program, disc 1. yoga 3 days/week. Doing the Haven't noticed many changes yet. How did everyone else get started? I have a substantial amount of weight to lose.
  • CrazyAnimalLady
    CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start this tomorrow. I already do crossfit and plan to incorporate this as well, the program looks fantastic and the little bit that I did try (With DDP himself in the carport of a holiday inn of all places) was definitely enough to make me sweat! Can't wait!
  • chrissyfogg
    chrissyfogg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just bought the discs for my husband and myself and am anxiously awaiting! Cannot wait to start this! I love yoga and the idea behind this. It helps that DDP is hands-down one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet!
  • muffle1969
    muffle1969 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I swim at least two (try for 3) days a week, but I'm looking for something I can do at home if I can't get to the gym pool. I've lost about 40 lbs, but have another 40-60 to go. A male friend does DDP Yoga and recommended this.

I have fibromyalgia and back problems, but I've done well with swimming and very beginning yoga. Anyone have any opinions on if I'd be able to handle this? What level should I purchase? Just 1, or the combo or max?

Thank you!
  • SRMcEvoy
    SRMcEvoy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I Love it! I have done P90X, Tony Horton's One on One, and BodyBeast and to be honest nothing compares to DDP Yoga with Diamond Dallas Page check it out for yourself!

I have been doing it since July 1st and am down 29lbs. Have got my brother started and a few guys at work. if you join teamddpyoga.com there is a sample workout on the new members page.

If you are interested I reviewed the book that started it all Yoga for Regular Guys http://bit.ly/1DDPYoga and also did some research and wrote a history of DDP Yoga http://bit.ly/shDDPYoga1
  • ccappello73
    Options
    I've been using DDP since March of 2013 and I'm down 50 lbs. That number would probably be closer to 75 if I was stringent with the diet componet of the workout :0)

I'm a big guy (currently 6'3 - 299) and was looking for a a good low impact workout to get my self back to health. I had little to no flexibility (it was a struggle just to tie my shoes) and I've had back problems (Lower Lumbar herniated disk). I would highly recommend DDP to anyone. My flexibility has improved tremendously, back pain is gone and I feel 100% healthier. I'm only about half way to my end goal (220) but DDP has given me the momentum to remain consistent. The work outs are simple, no weights involved (I was pretty burned out on the old gym routine) and once you get use to the moves you can use the mp3's to guide you through the workout when your traveling or on the road. I don't know what it is about DDP but he's incredibly motivating to me as well. It also makes me smile when his Jersey accent peaks through sometimes in the workouts. Great guy, great workout plan. If your considering the purchase it is well worth it!
  • mrteuchter
    Options
    Hi all,

I have tried DDP Yoga and saw some great results. I've improved my flexibility, my fat percentage has gone down, better sex life and so much more!

However, if you want to read exactly what I think of DDP Yoga, please read the review I did of DDP Yoga on my website here:
    http://www.nextlevelguy.com/i-tried-ddp-yoga/

Also, I even interviewed DDP himself about his Yoga and all sorts of things. See it here:
    http://www.nextlevelguy.com/diamond-fitness-ddp-yoga/
  • SRMcEvoy
    SRMcEvoy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today is day 45 straight of doing DDPYoga with Diamond Dallas Page life is good! http://bit.ly/DDPYoga2 Had a fitness assessment in the gym at work doubled my pushups and added 1/3rd to my plank.