Options

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I think that guy was a rare bird. Move on. ;D
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    Let's say the guy is really cash-strapped. That's fine, many of us can relate. However for him to complain and whine about it all the time and then text you saying he doesn't want to spend money going out is a little dumb. I think he will just end up being a whiner as your relationship grows.

What's wrong with, "Hey 'm a little strapped, okay if we grab some take out and a Redbox movie and chill aty my place?"
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Really depends on the area.
    Like in Miami, the guys will pay for everything because that's the culture.
    In Las Vegas, they are all broke real estate agents living beyond their means so they are stingey as heck.
    Me, I think a guy should pay for everything when dating. Once married, it should be 50/50.

Edit: If I'm poor, I just bring the girl to my place and make dinner and drinks for way less. Plus it impresses them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think it's you, honestly. I have not had this experience and I've lived and dated in the US for a long time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Since he's essentially only paying for himself because, as you said you pay for yourself, maybe he's not as well off as you think. I have met MANY american men that always pay for a woman, and don't say a word. Him choosing to stay home when you said he is into you.... maybe he just doesn't have the $$. It can be expensive to go out all the time, and some people like to spend a night relaxing at home, you could have offered to join, bring a movie and bottle of wine or something.

he is, he wasn't bragging or anything but it's not hard to guess.

You make a lot of assumptions.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Generalizations will get you no where.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Um, why wouldn't you suggest going on a walk or something free to do if you actually like this person and want to spend time with them? Or a less expensive place?

Just because people are well off but don't want to dump hundreds (or thousands) in a bar doesn't mean they are cheap -- it's means they probably have a decent understanding of excess and wastefulness. I don't think he should have "complained" about the prices to your face, but I can't help but wonder if he'd hinted that he didn't want to go to whatever bar/club you went to it and you turned a deaf ear...
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    When I go on a first date with a woman, I make it less expensive on the both of us. Walks on the beach, drinks and small appitizers that we can share. Getting to know each other and brake the ice. Inexpensive stuff that we have in common. I have learned the less stress of the whole eveninng makes it better. Get to know each other that night and if it goes a second date then the evening moves up to a more levels. The last time i did this I ended up marring her and we stil do it 8 years later.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    sooooo I married one of those cheap guys. I thought, at least I will alwayls have money for food and a house. However, I would be concerned that he used the excuse of not wanting to spend money to not go out one night. Rent a movie and cook dinner together. Nice night and not so expensive.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I do not think this is going to end well...so I will stick around and watch!~

Jodi, I really appreciate you you always pay for the female entertainment and confectioners sugar.

Since I can't call it what it really is anymore....

You are awesome.

Now, gimme my change.

but my rent is due...you didn't leave it on the nightstand. give and take my dear.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    He's a cheapskate, for sure.He knows the cost of the drinks and food, but doesn't really value company he is entertaining.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    theres an algorithm that was developed long ago, and i can't recall exactly how the formula works, but it has to do with the man willing to pay X amount (in percent) for total cost, based on several variables, including his attraction to you, your personality, and the likelihood of "getting in". it seems that because he refused to pay, he did the math quickly upon meeting up with you and we can only see what results were calculated.
    he found you slightly attractive but with a mediocre personality. now divide that by the likelihood of you banging him (98% or .98) and get the square root of that. what it equals is him not paying.
    math can be a brutal beast. good luck in the future!
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    By your math Josef Stalin would define all Russians
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Aww that's unfortunate...but that's something he should have accepted long ago.

You want to date a girl? Get your wracks up.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    By your math Josef Stalin would define all Russians

but he wouldn't complain about paying for a date
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Maybe American guys are cheap because they're all saving up to buy their foreskins back? O_o
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Let's say the guy is really cash-strapped. That's fine, many of us can relate. However for him to complain and whine about it all the time and then text you saying he doesn't want to spend money going out is a little dumb. I think he will just end up being a whiner as your relationship grows.

What's wrong with, "Hey 'm a little strapped, okay if we grab some take out and a Redbox movie and chill aty my place?"

Agreed.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    he keeps saying i'm beautiful, smart and funny so it's not me.
    i respect him for not wasting his money (that means he is smart and respectful of his parents) but i got the impression that this guy only thinks about that, i mean why are you inviting me to a date if you are gonna behave like that?
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    there is a certain stereotype about american guys (again, this is not meant to offend anyone, i am a serbian and most of you will immediately think, terrorist)

Actually, we think nothing. It's pretty sad that you have such judgmental opinions of people. I may associate civil war with Serbia, but not terrorists. I guess I will now though, thanks.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    american guys suck.