what do you sweeten your tea and coffee with?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    IMO sweeteners ruin tea, but I'd probably use a bit of fruit juice if I was going to sweeten it. Maybe a few white grapes?? I do like tea with lime or lemon, though they are not very sweet.
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Splenda. I've tried Stevia but just couldn't handle the flavor.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I use vanilla stevia in my coffee and I use lemon in my tea.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk... I like a little milk in my coffee and there is a slight sweetness to almond milk that I love.
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I don't sweeten my coffee. I add soy milk and ice to it and it's delightful.

For my tea I make a large glass jug of it, half black and half green tea. I stir a tablespoon or two of local raw honey into it for a small amount of sweet. I don't like very sweet things.
  • sweetiecorn
    sweetiecorn Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    stoic motivation: I like the bitter taste of losing fat

hahahahhaa.

Amazing. Anyways, tea I don't sweeten, coffee I use Total Sweet Xylitol natural sugar alternative. My OH loves it he prefers it to actual sugar now.
  • Dethea
    Dethea Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Local raw honey. It's amazing! It's sweeter than sugar, so you don't need very much.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Coffee Mate, various flavors. It's worth the calories to me.

I agree... I don't F around when it comes to coffee. Although I do prefer International Delight over CoffeeMate.
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    local honey for tea, Truvia for coffee.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I almost always drink it clear :), but I've tried honey, lemon, and agave (not altogether at once though :P), which are all natural!
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lemon for my tea -- doesn't sweeten it, but takes away a bit of the bitterness. I also will mix a bag of natural raspberry tea and a bag of green tea - adds a bit of flavor - -and try Mint tea - very refreshing!

Coffeemate of other brand sugar free creamers -- 1 tbls won't hurt anything.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I drink tea but I don't sweeten it. I used to and it got out of hand. I was up to FOUR packs a few months ago. A friend suggested I drop by one pack a week until a hit zero. It made the process painless and I'm leaving a lot of teas taste better without sweetener. With that said, it needs to be a quality tea brand. Lipton teas are not good alone (they're free at work so i drink it when I'm out of green tea). Bigalows, Republic of Tea, and a few others are great without sweetner!

However, I love sweet coffee so I just try to stay away from it for the most part. I could drown myself in a nice caramel machiato (sp?) and die happy :)
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Normally I don't add any sweetner but if I fancy it sweet then I add honey and only then to my coffee (1/2 to 1 tsp in a mug) not sure how it would work with tea as sweet tea never tastes right to me lol :)
  • lilyxD
    lilyxD Posts: 33
    Options
    I LOVE truvia in my tea! 2 packets(:

Its just like stivia, but i think it tastes better! xx
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i still use sugar, although less of it.
    for coffee, the flavored creamers are good. most tisane teas i buy dont need sweetening, but most of the black and green teas i buy do need it (especially the chais and the earl greys). i'd use other stuff but it tastes weird to me

stoic motivation: I like the bitter taste of losing fat

:laugh:
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Splenda
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I like sugar. I need sugar & coffee & creamer. I am a terrible person to live with without it. I will fully admit I am addicted, and PROUD.

To perform as a good citizen in society, I need the white bad sugar in my coffee.

Plain & simple

:)
  • 416runner
    416runner Posts: 159
    Options
    In my coffee, a little bit of pure maple syrup when I'm home (the good stuff, not table syrup), a bit of sugar when I'm out. In my tea, a tiny bit of honey.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Nothing anymore, just milk... You can get used to not having a sweetener, the milk takes the edge off the bitterness
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Coffee: Nothing. But I must have skim or 1% milk in it.

Tea: Two teaspoons of sugar, but I prefer to have a tea I can drink black, such as Harney & Son's Hot Cinnamon Spice tea, which is naturally sweetened by cloves and cinnamon and has no calories.