what do you sweeten your tea and coffee with?

Options

Replies

• MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    organic agave nectar... it's the best!!!
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options

I go black...

And I bet you'll never go back

I haven't so far...
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My current addiction -

Pioneer Woman Iced Coffee concentrate, iced with a splash of fat free half and half and approximately 2 tablespoons of fat free sweetened condensed milk. This is not really "low" calorie, but still better than a mocha! I haven't adjusted it in my diary for the fat free condensed milk, but with "regular" condensed milk and half and half a glass is approximately 135 calories. I just finished my second for the day and am considering my third. But I don't really eat breakfast, so it all works out.
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Nothing sweet in the coffee.

Vanilla sugar in hot tea.

Agave nectar or honey for ice tea.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    sugar or honey
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    coconut sugar by Madhava (got it on Amazon)

because of this:

http://coconutpalmsugar.com/Nutritional_Information.html

And that is when I happen to sweeten my coffee. I prefer it black or with some heavy whipping cream. But if I want sweet then I just have sweet. I would rather use something natural than something chemical.

Get this. A packet of Splenda contains this: dextrose, maltodextrin, and sucralose. The artifical sweetener is the sucralose. And in the body do you know what dextrose and maltodextrin turn into once we digest them? Sugar. Both of them. They are filling the packet of an artificial sweetener with "sugar" fillers. So, start looking at the ingredients on those artificial sweeteners. Most of them are filled with "sugar".

Do some looking online and you will find out just how many different words there are for sugar when it comes to ingredients. That's how those wonderful food companies hide it.

Remember that real food doesn't contain ingredients. Real food is an ingredient.
    Only eat what you can pick, dig or spear. Mostly spear.
  • godalego3
    godalego3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Agave nectar for me. I *really* wanted to like stevia but I just don't. I'll use it to sweeten anything, really. I like it because it's a syrup so even in iced tea/coffee I don't have to worry about that lump of sugar at the bottom. So it has calories, like another poster said, they are worth it to me.
  • tracyjoys
    tracyjoys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Stevia in the Raw granules are my sweetener of choice for everything. I don't care for the taste of liquid Stevia, personally. I steer completely away from artificial sweeteners (no Splenda especially) and I carry the Truvia packets with me when I'm on the go.

My daughter has extreme reactions from artificial sweetners (migraine-like headaches) and after I did some research on them, I can understand why!

Here's my indulgent coffee flavoring: 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw, 1/4 cup Hershey's cocoa powder (unsweetened, and loaded with anti-oxidants) and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. I make it as a batch and keep it on the counter. About 1tsp to a cup of coffee - delicious!
  • sofia0586
    sofia0586 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    honey
    stevia
    agave

any of those three, but lately i've just been adding almond milk.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    IF I sweeten my coffee, it's typically with birch sugar (aka xylitol, also alternately sourced from corn), but sometimes I use actual sugar.
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i like sugar in the raw or agave nectar
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I sweeten my coffee with one packet of the generic BJs brand artificial sweetener. I am a rebel like that.
  • Toyah35
    Toyah35 Posts: 13
    Options
    I use Splenda...4 packs in my coffee and 3 packs in my tea.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    stevia for my coffee
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    stevia in the raw <3
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I use stevia in my tea and International Delights "skinny" caramel macchiato for my coffee no added sugar.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I don't sweeten my coffee.. I just use a little whole milk .. also don't sweeten my tea usually but if I do just a drop or two of honey
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    one packet of sugar in the raw for 12oz of coffee
  • scrown64
    scrown64 Posts: 2
    Options
    I use "Ideal". It tastes GREAT and doesn't give me intestinal issues like most of the other sweeteners do.
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    When it comes to coffee, I'm one of those "screw it, I'm having some sugar" people. I've never met an artificial sweetener that didn't make me gag. Even stevia has a sort of chemical tang to me. I've tried using maple syrup, which is fine, but it's the same amount of fructose in the end, so... Coconut sugar is good but very expensive.

Every morning I have 12 oz. of coffee with a tablespoon or so of heavy cream and about 3 teaspoons of raw sugar. At least the fat in the cream lowers the overall glycemic index, as do the eggs I eat with it.

For the most part, I don't eat any other added sugar throughout the day, unless I have a small piece of dark chocolate after dinner, and manage to keep my total carb intake around 100g.