A little tip - Chick Fil A

Options
Okay, so I'm not sure if I read about this on here or on another site, but regardless:

I read online that it is possible to order grilled chicken strips as opposed to the original greasy fried ones. When I tried to do this a little while ago at one location, they denied my request and told me it wasn't possible.

However, today I tried a different location, and they said that it was no problem, only that I would have to wait 4-5 minutes extra for them to be prepared.

I think if you stress the fact that you KNOW they can do them, I think they're a little more compliant. I did so (kindly), and the guy was nice and told me that it wasn't an issue at all. Just a little tip for anyone out there who didn't know/had been denied them before like I had.

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Their fried options at that aren't even that bad; for guys anyway the chicken nuggets happen to be great for a decent meal of mostly protein. They fry in peanut oil anyway which is one of the better oils you could use for frying health wise (and it's why their food tastes f*cking delicious)

12 piece nuggets are 400kcal
    42 grams protein
    18 grams fat
    17 carbs
  • Dreamline7
    Options
    I live in north Florida; we have *grilled* nuggets at all of our Chik-Fil-A locations! I did hear it was a "limited marketing" thing, but we've had them for months now. They're GREAT! A six-piece dish of them is 110 calories, 25 g protein, 1.5 fat. Talk about a *perfect* fast food for the diet-conscious! Send emails to CFA, see if you can prompt them to start selling them in your area, and good luck.
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    We are in north FL as well and have the grilled nuggets too- they are pretty tasty! I get them for my 1 year old, but I prefer the strips salad myself :)
  • chris1816
    Options
    Their fried options at that aren't even that bad; for guys anyway the chicken nuggets happen to be great for a decent meal of mostly protein. They fry in peanut oil anyway which is one of the better oils you could use for frying health wise (and it's why their food tastes f*cking delicious)

42 grams protein
    18 grams fat
    17 carbs

We do have the grilled nuggets too actually, I should check this out...order like 4 orders of them for breakfast after lifting :D
  • chris1816
    Options

42 grams protein
    18 grams fat
    17 carbs

We do have the grilled nuggets too actually, I should check this out...order like 4 orders of them for breakfast after lifting :D

Holy crap, 24 nuggets is 100 grams of protein and 440 calories.........I am going to be such a fat kid after work.
  • chris1816
    Options
    Yeah so I basically turned this thread into a "Christopher talks outloud to himself" session.

Carry on.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try them sometime. Their fried tenders with some buffalo sauce are too amazing for me to have ever tried any of their other options.
  • Jess830409
    Jess830409 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Yeah so I basically turned this thread into a "Christopher talks outloud to himself" session.

Carry on.

LMAO :)
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise Chick-Fil-A and everything they stand for.
  • classictoaster
    Options

Thank you for your contributiion of helpful information to this thread, Wracks.
  • classictoaster
    Options
    To the rest - I'm so jealous! Glad to hear other locations offer grilled nuggets, especially since I had to try multiple times to get them. While I love the original strips w/ buffalo sauce, the grilled were also incredibly tasty, and I had no guilts eating them.

Just thought it was interesting, and I'm glad other people have been doing this, too!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try them sometime. Their fried tenders with some buffalo sauce are too amazing for me to have ever tried any of their other options.

I loooove the buffalo sauce! :love:

I usually get the regular 8 piece nuggets and a side salad, then I put the nuggets in the salad - it's just about the right size, and less expensive than the big salads. Didn't know you could get grilled nuggets, I might try that. Or maybe not, because I love the crunchy fried ones and they are such a treat! :tongue:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Carry on.

HAHA.
  • classictoaster
    Options
    How kind of you to point out my over-lingering on the 'i' key. Sweet jesus.

Meh, it's cheap, fast, not too bad for you. For me, the college student also working full time, it'll do. I'll leave my "culinary ability" to savor the food I have time for at dinner, thank you very much.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Nice to know, thank you for sharing!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    And to the OP: thanks for the post. I haven't had CFA for awhile and was craving it. Great sub!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    A little tip - Chick-fil-a hates me and my family and supports organizations that fight my right to organize my life in the way I choose. I wouldn't eat their food if it is was the last stuff on earth.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    i used to work there back in 1999. so I know first hand how the employees are when people put in requests. honestly the first location probably could have honor your request. glad the other guy was very compliant.
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Its better if you explain your post rather than just post a negative comment without explaining your position on why.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I used to work there and they hated me also because I would not stand for the things they stood for either.
This discussion has been closed.