A little tip - Chick Fil A

Options

Replies

• fattofit20
    fattofit20 Posts: 86
    Options
    I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say that she's upset that C-F-A is a Christian-run PRIVATE organization. They are closed on Sunday, in observance of the Sabbath. Most people get upset that they run a Marriage Retreat of sorts for bolstering marriages and they refuse to admit couples who are not married, or of the same sex. Multiple organizations have attempted to sue this private enterprise for upholding their spiritual beliefs.
    I personally support them for this. They are also the friendliest and cleanest of all the fast food joints. I'm just not a fast-food kinda girl.
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.

????? What organizations do they support that deny people rights? I know they promote the rights of cows in their ads but I'm not in the know about what you're saying - care to elaborate?

To the OP, I appreciate your sharing a food trip and my question is in no way a contradiction of what your saying - just curious what she's talking about

Why is it ok for gay people to stand up for their rights but a privately owned Christian organization is not allowed to stand up for their rights?
  • saamantha
    saamantha Posts: 74
    Options

I was just going to quote these articles.
    I've never had it, as we don't have them here in Canada.

Anyway, Lisa also has an alternative recipe here:
    http://foodbabe.com/2011/07/24/chick-fil-a-now-open-on-sunday/
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Sweet jesus.

Why bring him into this?
    Meh, it's cheap, fast, not too bad for you.

Objection: Their chicken is of inferior, mechanically separated, saline saturated, utility grade quality. In addition there's roughly a 200% markup for it's prepared convenience. Boneless skinless chicken breast's are on sale just about every week for 1.99/lb. Need I go on?
    For me, the college student also working full time, it'll do.

I'm also a college student (masters) who works 60 hour weeks. You can rationalize an excuse for everything.
    I'll leave my "culinary ability" to savor the food I have time for at dinner, thank you very much.

I'm trolling you.

U mad?

Chill out. How everyone else eats, thinks of what they eat, and how they justify their time is not really in your control. Worry about yourself.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise Chick-Fil-A and everything they stand for.

OK, I won't bother looking for you in heaven. ...lol
  • classictoaster
    Options
    Maybe it varies by location/employee.

Also a little tip: Those yummy sauce packets are 110-170 calories each.

Yes! Those sauces will get you - although the buffalo only has 10 cals per packet (if I remember correctly?). Chick fil a sauce/poly-whatever-it-is are definitely higher up on the caloric scale. It's kinda like salad dressing I guess - always watch your condiments.
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.

????? What organizations do they support that deny people rights? I know they promote the rights of cows in their ads but I'm not in the know about what you're saying - care to elaborate?

To the OP, I appreciate your sharing a food trip and my question is in no way a contradiction of what your saying - just curious what she's talking about

http://gawker.com/5902843/chicken-or-the-gays-make-a-choice-about-eating-chick+fil+a
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say that she's upset that C-F-A is a Christian-run PRIVATE organization. They are closed on Sunday, in observance of the Sabbath. Most people get upset that they run a Marriage Retreat of sorts for bolstering marriages and they refuse to admit couples who are not married, or of the same sex. Multiple organizations have attempted to sue this private enterprise for upholding their spiritual beliefs.
    I personally support them for this. They are also the friendliest and cleanest of all the fast food joints. I'm just not a fast-food kinda girl.

Why is it ok for gay people to stand up for their rights but a privately owned Christian organization is not allowed to stand up for their rights?
    i never said they couldnt stand up for their rights...as long as they understand that some people will not buy their products because of that stand, *shrug* i have every right to deny them my service if i dont agree with their policies. same reason i dont buy **** from the boy scouts.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-a is awesome, i eat it at least once a week and am a happy camper (I don't cook... no time for that and i am healthy and go ahead judge me blah blah)... ANYWAY... what i wanted to add was the char-grilled chicken sammich (yes sammich) is 290 calories (no pickles or tomato)... you can take off half the bun and use lettuce as other half and its like 205 calories and doesnt taste any different. SOOOO delish... just another tip for there :-). I haven't tried the grilled nuggets since the sammich calls my name and I don't want to upset it. They also have the freshest and tastiest fruit cup i've had at a fast food place (and I almost ALWAYS get a fruit cup wherever i go)
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I seriously doubt most people take issue with the fact that they are closed on Sundays, and are vocal about their Christianity. Good for them. I personally take issue with their political contributions, as well as their denial of the inherent purpose and implications of said contributions.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    A little tip - Chick-fil-a hates me and my family and supports organizations that fight my right to organize my life in the way I choose. I wouldn't eat their food if it is was the last stuff on earth.

Who cares? This was a post about getting non-fried food at Chick-fil-a. It was not a post about Chick-fil-a's religious, political or philosophical standings. It was not a post about you.
  • marilynsuarez
    Options
    Yeah so I basically turned this thread into a "Christopher talks outloud to himself" session.

Carry on.

LOL!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    If I could only ever eat at one fast-food joint (and who goes to a drive-through to buy health food anyway?) I would choose CFA. Nothing political, I just love the flavor that the peanut-oil pressure-cooker gives the chicken strips. I don''t get the waffle fries or use the sauces - I just scarf the 4-piece chicken strips and eat a salad for a guilty pleasure now and then.

:flowerforyou:
  • ThatzRight
    Options
    I skimmed this, so sorry if someone already replied with this. If you are in the mood for the real thing (as in sandwich) - I always ask for:

Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich, wheat bun, no butter on the bun, extra pickles, sub fruit (if I am getting a meal).

This does make an already so-so option into a much better choice if you want the original sandwich. I have my degree in nutrition and exercise and believe "everything in moderation and what goes in has to be burned off". I am not opposed to eating at fast food chains, but not every day and then also making the best choices possible when I do without feeling completely deprived.
  • gothfru
    gothfru Posts: 1
    Options
    My standard Chik-FIl-A lunch is the chargrilled chicken wrap, side salad, large Diet Lemonade, and ONE packet of dressign split betwixt the two. SO YUM!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options

>Implying that statement doesn't ironically land you in hell as defined in Matthew 23:13-15,27-28 NKJV

As for me, I'm a Catholic raised, gay friendly athiest and I love me some Jesus chicken.

...*kitten* that sentence was incredible just to type.
  • heatgal976
    heatgal976 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    In my area, they started the grilled option on the kid's menu. But they said you can just ask and they will make it in the regular sizes. (** As I eat my spicy chicken sandwich** :tongue: )
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    As for me, I'm a Catholic raised, gay friendly athiest and I love me some Jesus chicken.

For the WIN! Awesome Chris!
  • classictoaster
    Options

>Implying that statement doesn't ironically land you in hell as defined in Matthew 23:13-15,27-28 NKJV

You, my good sir, are awesome.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    Wow I cant believe that happened to you. I the grilled ones all the time and they are yummy :)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

^^ You're awesome!!!!
This discussion has been closed.