A little tip - Chick Fil A

Options

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.

????? What organizations do they support that deny people rights? I know they promote the rights of cows in their ads but I'm not in the know about what you're saying - care to elaborate?

To the OP, I appreciate your sharing a food trip and my question is in no way a contradiction of what your saying - just curious what she's talking about
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-group-donations-_n_1644609.html
  • mistimn
    mistimn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the useless contribution for the original thread. You guys are on the wrong network!
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say that she's upset that C-F-A is a Christian-run PRIVATE organization. They are closed on Sunday, in observance of the Sabbath. Most people get upset that they run a Marriage Retreat of sorts for bolstering marriages and they refuse to admit couples who are not married, or of the same sex. Multiple organizations have attempted to sue this private enterprise for upholding their spiritual beliefs.
    I personally support them for this. They are also the friendliest and cleanest of all the fast food joints. I'm just not a fast-food kinda girl.
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.

????? What organizations do they support that deny people rights? I know they promote the rights of cows in their ads but I'm not in the know about what you're saying - care to elaborate?

To the OP, I appreciate your sharing a food trip and my question is in no way a contradiction of what your saying - just curious what she's talking about
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I have never tried chick fil a there is one not too far from my house just never tried it, I might have to ......thanks for the info about the grilled chicken nuggets , good to know their is another fast food option that isnt too bad calorie wise
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say that she's upset that C-F-A is a Christian-run PRIVATE organization. They are closed on Sunday, in observance of the Sabbath. Most people get upset that they run a Marriage Retreat of sorts for bolstering marriages and they refuse to admit couples who are not married, or of the same sex. Multiple organizations have attempted to sue this private enterprise for upholding their spiritual beliefs.
    I personally support them for this. They are also the friendliest and cleanest of all the fast food joints. I'm just not a fast-food kinda girl.

Even at my fattest I thought their food was over priced garbage. A chicken sandwich at Burger King was superior to the main food item at this place, eh just never saw the draw of it. Now I realize my soul was probably trying to escape my body the one time I ate there. Never again.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options

LOL! Wracks got moted!

ahaha I havn't heard the word moted since middle school.

thank you for reminding me that it exists.

Teehee. You're welcome!
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    To each their own, but I guess I just don't enjoy you implying that my tastes are inferior to yours.

Aww, but the patronization was out of love. Christian, gay hating, bible-belt, utility grade protein love. :)
  • johnm8703
    johnm8703 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I wish we had a Chick-fil-a in upstate NY. Their Spicy Chicken ROCKS!
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Funny how people who damn the religious for being intolerant, don't consider themselves the same. How is the view from the cheap seats? Your elected officials set the policy in this nation, not Chic-fil-a. Don't like them, great eat somewhere else... but don't knock those of us that don't agree with your opinion.

By the way, just supporting traditional marriage isn't anti gay, when the domestic partnerships get all of the same rights, regardless of the name of "said union."

Suddenly, in the past few years it's become intolerant... but it's been between a man and a woman since the beginning of civilization. What's wrong with the "civil union"? Because that's what it is.

Sorry to stray- I like the fried stuff better!
  • classictoaster
    Options

Interesting articles for those who eat the orginial chicken sandwiches there, but have you found anything about their grilled options, for example the chargrilled chicken sandwich? The only thing that's bugging me about eating those grilled strips is that I don't know exactly what their nutritional value is. Online the site only seems to let you see the information for an entire grilled sandwich - I would like to know what it is sans bread.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise Chick-Fil-A and everything they stand for.

Weirdo..... :grumble: :noway:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Maybe it varies by location/employee.

Also a little tip: Those yummy sauce packets are 110-170 calories each.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I live in north Florida; we have *grilled* nuggets at all of our Chik-Fil-A locations! I did hear it was a "limited marketing" thing, but we've had them for months now. They're GREAT! A six-piece dish of them is 110 calories, 25 g protein, 1.5 fat. Talk about a *perfect* fast food for the diet-conscious! Send emails to CFA, see if you can prompt them to start selling them in your area, and good luck.

Oklahoma has the grilled nuggets too!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise Chick-Fil-A and everything they stand for.

Weirdo..... :grumble: :noway:

I second this. Seriously, Chick-fil-a is pretty amazing.
  • Jappenz
    Jappenz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yeah so I basically turned this thread into a "Christopher talks outloud to himself" session.

Carry on.

Funny:smile:
  • boltsfan704
    Options
    I found out that if you''re willing to wait- they will serve you waffle fries with breakfast. Not helpful, but it used to be awesome :happy:
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    FYI, if you have little kids, you can ask for all oranges, etc in the fruit cup too at CFA.
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Funny how people who damn the religious for being intolerant, don't consider themselves the same. How is the view from the cheap seats? Your elected officials set the policy in this nation, not Chic-fil-a. Don't like them, great eat somewhere else... but don't knock those of us that don't agree with your opinion.

By the way, just supporting traditional marriage isn't anti gay, when the domestic partnerships get all of the same rights, regardless of the name of "said union."

Suddenly, in the past few years it's become intolerant... but it's been between a man and a woman since the beginning of civilization. What's wrong with the "civil union"? Because that's what it is.

Sorry to stray- I like the fried stuff better!

Expressing an opinion and disseminating publicly available information about a corporation =/= intolerance.
This discussion has been closed.