A little tip - Chick Fil A

Options

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Their fried options at that aren't even that bad; for guys anyway the chicken nuggets happen to be great for a decent meal of mostly protein. They fry in peanut oil anyway which is one of the better oils you could use for frying health wise (and it's why their food tastes f*cking delicious)

12 piece nuggets are 400kcal
    42 grams protein
    18 grams fat
    17 carbs

I agree. I think that chick fil a probably has some of the best chicken nuggets out of all the fast food places, fried or not. Peanut oil is a great boost, and I like how it strings apart like 'real' chicken. :P I haven't had chicken nuggets in over a year, but if I were going to have them, I'd either make my own or go to chick fil a.

Great tip though! Thanks. :)
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise Chick-Fil-A and everything they stand for.

Thank you for your contributiion of helpful information to this thread, Wracks.

You're welcome.

Contribution has one 'i'.

You should refine your culinary ability to the point that you're able to truly appreciate what utter rubbish chick-fil-a is. Peasant food for the palette inept.

Contribution actually has two i's.

Not in the same syllable. :happy:

"Thank you for your contributiion of helpful information to this thread, Wracks. "
  • classictoaster
    Options
    A little tip - Chick-fil-a hates me and my family and supports organizations that fight my right to organize my life in the way I choose. I wouldn't eat their food if it is was the last stuff on earth.

I'm sorry about this, but I can't change it. I created this thread to help those who, gasp, like Chick Fil A's food and wanted another option to chose from that wouldn't derail their goals. This isn't a political thread, guys, and I wasn't posting this to get berated for attempting to be helpful.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    my chick fil a has them introduced them as a healthy option for kids. however the grilled nugget kids meal has more colesterol than a big mac. i dont know if thats for the whole meal as pictured or just the nuggets. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/12/worst-healthy-fast-food-meals_n_1591527.html
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I was simply stating my opinion, not berating anyone.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    And thank you for doing so, I live in VA and these things are everywhere. There are three within a mile or two of my house. It's good to know about your options.
    A little tip - Chick-fil-a hates me and my family and supports organizations that fight my right to organize my life in the way I choose. I wouldn't eat their food if it is was the last stuff on earth.

I'm sorry about this, but I can't change it. I created this thread to help those who, gasp, like Chick Fil A's food and wanted another option to chose from that wouldn't derail their goals. This isn't a political thread, guys, and I wasn't posting this to get berated for attempting to be helpful.
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    lol why is everyone getting all political... guess ill throw mine in there. I wont eat at starbucks because they support an organization im against. there are we all happy now. we all have our stances that have nothing to do with grilled nuggets. Shalom
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Yeah so I basically turned this thread into a "Christopher talks outloud to himself" session.

Carry on.

I thought I was the only who did this. :flowerforyou:
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Chick Fil A is geographical close & the grandkids like it. Nice to have another option besides salads.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Oh boy.
  • scrmngdsy
    scrmngdsy Posts: 54 Member
    Options

LOL! Wracks got moted!

ahaha I havn't heard the word moted since middle school.

thank you for reminding me that it exists.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i wont eat at chick-fil-a until they stop supporting organizations that deny people rights..which i doubt will ever happen.

*eye roll*
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    They are getting one in my area soon! This makes me so happy!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    lol why is everyone getting all political... guess ill throw mine in there. I wont eat at starbucks because they support an organization im against. there are we all happy now. we all have our stances that have nothing to do with grilled nuggets. Shalom

To each their own. I get political when Chic-fil-a is mentioned because Chic-fil-a makes political donations that attack my family. Clear enough?
  • classictoaster
    Options
    my chick fil a has them introduced them as a healthy option for kids. however the grilled nugget kids meal has more colesterol than a big mac. i dont know if thats for the whole meal as pictured or just the nuggets. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/12/worst-healthy-fast-food-meals_n_1591527.html

Whoa, that's something to take into account. Maybe this isn't as healthy as I thought.

And to Wracks: No man, I totally understand where you're coming from. Eating healthy is cheap. Some days I just forget to pack a lunch (or as in today, I was supposed to get lunch with a coworker but something came up suddenly, and I had about 30 minutes to come up with a protein solution). To each their own, but I guess I just don't enjoy you implying that my tastes are inferior to yours. Things happen. You make do with the time you've got.

Either way, no offense to anyone, but perhaps luvsherhubby is onto something here.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options

????? What organizations do they support that deny people rights? I know they promote the rights of cows in their ads but I'm not in the know about what you're saying - care to elaborate?

To the OP, I appreciate your sharing a food trip and my question is in no way a contradiction of what your saying - just curious what she's talking about
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

*eye roll*

No need to be condescending. She has every right to express an opinion, especially when it's about a company who shamelessly spends millions of dollars every year to promote intolerance.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I am gluten intolerant... soo.. this means.... I CAN EAT CHICK FIL A AGAIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • cmdwyer00
    cmdwyer00 Posts: 40 Member
    Options

????? What organizations do they support that deny people rights? I know they promote the rights of cows in their ads but I'm not in the know about what you're saying - care to elaborate?

To the OP, I appreciate your sharing a food trip and my question is in no way a contradiction of what your saying - just curious what she's talking about

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/02/chick-fil-a-anti-gay-group-donations-_n_1644609.html
This discussion has been closed.