Just started-Any 50s out there?

Options
wyocoke
wyocoke Posts: 8 Member
I just started last week, my daughter actually got me going on the site. I am a former WW member & have also done TOPS. I REALLY love MFP & wonder are there any others in their 50s who would like to help each other?

Replies

• cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem to be as many of us over 50 as there are those in their 20's and 30's, but there is still a good number.
  • wyocoke
    wyocoke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's okay, I guess it's not for everyone. How long have you been working at this & what do you enjoy for exercise?
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm "double nickels" :)
  • ygbrjrtd
    ygbrjrtd Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 60 + just started a few days ago ,have also been in WW and Tops ,I also tried Loseit .com similar to this site but think this is the better one .I enjoy walking ,i walk every day (weather permitting )about 3 miles per day ..i may have to increase it .
  • mamasyd
    mamasyd Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and am currently maintaining my weight loss. If there is any way that I can help or encourage you, just send me a message. I don't generally comment on individual friend's posts (because I have way too many to be able to do that), but I do make the effort to answer messages - at least within a few days! LOL
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    i am 49, close enough ? I started MFP july 2010 and have lost 105lbs . I hit my original goal of 100 lbs lost after 21 mths. I love MFP and would not have lost the weight without it. More important then the weight is my health. My favorite exercises are walking and bike riding
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Right now am rehabbing knee and ankle so just getting back to walking - but do lift (low) weights and use resistance bands for upper body - also working on abs....all at home. Hope to be back in a pool swimming sometime soon.
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You're on the "leading edge" of the 50s, and I'm on the trailing edge, at 58. I'll send you a friend request.

Good luck, and have a great time!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm 59:) and I will send you a friend request. You will love MFP. My suggestion is to look at the before and afters and get with some of the gals and guys that have been at this awhile:) Lots of success stories here and tons of support:)

denise
    I just started last week, my daughter actually got me going on the site. I am a former WW member & have also done TOPS. I REALLY love MFP & wonder are there any others in their 50s who would like to help each other?
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way to 52 - feel free to add me :)
  • Askinnybrenda
    Askinnybrenda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 58. Just started Last Sat. with three others from work. I do like MFP as well. My favorite exercise is kettle bell. I've been doing it for about 7 months and it is a great work out. 30 min. of both cardio and strength.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Few of us here. Welcome :)
  • kcaito
    kcaito Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 50 and just re-starting. I love to walk especially with my husband and dogs. I also like to run when it's cooler and love kettlebells. I good about getting exercise, but have to pay a lot more attention to what I eat.
  • crystaltate4
    Options
    not 50 but im 40 and willing to help with support if u need it feel free to invite me
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

52 here (till Aug) and former WW member, just passed the 30 day mark on MFP and currently, no not exercising (did just p/u a kettlebell, jump rope & ordered a hula hoop), have to wait a bit till I get under my treadmill's weight limit.

Like with WW, daily tracking will be your new best friend.
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Almost 50 and almost hitting maintenance. Add me if you want :happy:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Oh wonderful job!!

I'm 55 and am currently maintaining my weight loss. If there is any way that I can help or encourage you, just send me a message. I don't generally comment on individual friend's posts (because I have way too many to be able to do that), but I do make the effort to answer messages - at least within a few days! LOL
  • Gapwedge01
    Gapwedge01 Posts: 494
    Options
    You're on the "leading edge" of the 50s, and I'm on the trailing edge, at 58. I'll send you a friend request.

Good luck, and have a great time!

James, 59M here. Sent u a FR.
  • terry_mtb
    terry_mtb Posts: 45
    Options
    There are a lot of us oldies but goodies!
  • m1311
    m1311 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Look for the thread "Women ages 50+" and you'll see a bunch. The group was setting goals for July a couple minutes ago...