Just started-Any 50s out there?

Options

Replies

• lindaiguthrie
    Options
    Hi, glad that you have started myfitnesspal, I have been on it a month this time. I am in my late 50"s and the best exercise advice I have gotten at my age, which is walk 6 times a week for 30 minutes to start for a month or sooner get to 45 mins.

I am tired of all the gyms with all there 100's of ways to exercise. I want common sense! The advice was given to me by my future son-in-law that teaches nutrition, training & competes. He is a body builder and works for Gold gyms. He suggests to me to eat, good carbs, 6 sm meals a day and eat what I like. I believe him because another one of my friends my age has done it! She looks and feels great 30lbs less, now she can add weights and increase cardio.

Need to walk or treadmill, I should lose about 30 lbs in 2months.Gym's are great but if money is tight walking is free and good for us..

You will make it, just remember when you fall in the mud you get up. Same with this program, when you eat wrong, get over it and get up and start right back!

Have a great weekend

LynG:noway: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 54 years old and need to lose 100+ pounds. In the past, I was a member of Curves and lost 70 pounds, but I've gained 30 back! I joined MFP two days ago, and I'm hoping this will help me get back on track!
  • DORISGUDINO
    DORISGUDINO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I would love to be support buddies if you are still looking for friends. It does really help to have friends you can follow, to get and give support, ideas etc.

I am a 53 year old Mom of 6 great kids and have 2 awesome grandkids. I am Finally at the point where I need to lose this weight for me....

Hope to see you on here again, Good luck on your weightloss journey.

Have a great day,

Doris
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wyocoke ~ You should check out the forum, "Women Ages 50+ for July 2012." It's a good one! Actually, nevermind! I see you already have. I wish there was a way to delete a post!
  • PrayerofAmity
    PrayerofAmity Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 but still very supportive if you are interested in a friend.
  • Long2BFree
    Options
    Hello. I'm 50 and also a former WW. I've been doing MFP for about a week and am so far liking it. I feel WW has given me a good foundation for what good choices are but am liking MFP because it's alot less restrictive; it just feels different.

Feel free to add me as I'm looking for more support too.

Lezli
  • mobrawn
    mobrawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm knocking on the door to 50! My husband is 54 and we are starting our journey today! Together! Looking forward to using this tool daily!
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well...I'll be 46 in 19 days!..close enough I suppose. It's much different trying to lose weight now then when I was 20 that's for sure. But I know I can do it, just won't happen as fast as it once did.
  • Janie_bear
    Janie_bear Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am just over 50 and joined MFP in May. Please feel free to add me as a friend for support and diet tips:)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. Just add a lot of My Fitness Pal friends on this site. It really helps with the motivation. I have MFP buddies helping me with the motivation from 18 through 60+. I'm 59. :happy:
  • TigersTears
    Options
    Hi

I'm 54 and live in the UK, this it my 6th day of dieting. I'll like to motivate people. I'm just not very good at doing it for myself..I love to make friends.

Kim xxx
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and am currently maintaining my weight loss. If there is any way that I can help or encourage you, just send me a message. I don't generally comment on individual friend's posts (because I have way too many to be able to do that), but I do make the effort to answer messages - at least within a few days! LOL

I'm the same way. I'm happy to support you and chat when needed. I read through the post, but rarely comment. Don't have the time.

I'm 56 1/2 years old. Started MFP in April and have lost 12 pounds. My favorite exercise at this point in my journey is walking. As I lose weight, I'll start doing more physical exercise.s
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    54 here! Welcome!
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Not quite 50...49 and counting down..I've been at this a while and need a breakthrough!

Friend me if you like, as I'm always looking to exchange ideas and offer (and receive some) support.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 54 and have been using MFP since January. It is a great site and people are always motivating you to keep going forward, which is a good thing. Sent you a friend request. Anyone else who wants to add me, just send me a friend request and we will all continue our journey of weight loss together.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    There are a few 50s and over on here.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    52 here...been on MFP since Feb 1, 2012~~since starting my journey, I have undergone a total abdominal hysterectomy 3.6.2012, and have lost 49 pounds officially (53 since I started losing, but 49 on MFP).

I count calories, alternate cardio and lifting and feel amazing!

Decided last week that the new thinner me deserved to have a new thinner wardrobe, so debulked my closet and it now only has two outfits left that are my "fat clothes"...one is the outfit that I will continue to use to encourage me on this journey, my former fattest outfit. I plan on wearing this for my after photo and my intent is to fit into one leg of the trousers, with my 14, probably by then 15 year old daughter in the other leg and both of us also in the top that goes with these pants!

The other outfit, is a "transition" outfit that fit me somewhat snugly after my surgery in March, that now falls off me, but is/was my favorite pair of dress pants that I am still wearing to work to remind myself how far I have come. I need desperately to replace these clothes with new, but have not yet found something I love as much...but soon, I will have no choice...:)

I also have had to purchase transition jeans in various sizes and made room for the smaller ones on the left side of the closet and dressing clothes on the right...will be donating my big clothes and giving some away to friends who have not yet started this journey, but I am hoping this will serve as inspiration to them and get the asking the age old question~~what are you doing to lose? I have been sharing all along when asked and hope others will want to join me ;) nothing feels better than encouraging others along the way!!

WElcome to you and feel free to add me as a friend~~we may be old and can't do much about that, but we do not have to be old and fat!! Let's do this thing and rock our granny days!!
  • PatriceMG
    PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 53. Just started MFP a couple of weeks ago. Have lost 5 lbs. Need to lose at least 40. Would be happy to be friends! Will send friend request.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 52 and have been using this site for a little over a month now. I really enjoy it. Please feel free to ad me in.
  • rpounds1957
    rpounds1957 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I will turn 55 in September. I've been on MFP since April and have lost 34 pounds so far. In that same time, my wife (53 next September) has lost 20. Feel free to add us up if you'd like.